Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Today on "predictable things we all saw coming" it turns out that rabid homophobes will find a token gay speaker useful but won't actually go to bat for them either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Milo at his highest aspirations as a gay, jungle fever, conservative provocateur is a snake charmer with a kazoo.

No matter how hard he tried to avoid the right-wing poison, this was always going to be the result.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
In some ways, I take this as vindication that, in the end, the right-wing will always betray what they view as the other no matter how far or how loud they let them play in their gilded cages.

In other ways, it worries me because it validates a toxic world view.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Covok posted:

In some ways, I take this as vindication that, in the end, the right-wing will always betray what they view as the other no matter how far or how loud they let them play in their gilded cages.

In other ways, it worries me because it validates a toxic world view.

I don't even give them that much credit. I imagine they knew, or at least someone did, about it and were forced to react after it was made public.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
https://twitter.com/PublishersWkly/status/833802274187120640

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

So, how long until the alt-right starts parroting the "gays are all pedophiles" line as a means of distancing themselves from him?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I can't loving believe this poo poo.

Next Sessions will appoint a special prosecutor to look into Trump.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Now, now, don't be crazy. I don't know you're racial or sexual orientation or whatever, chillichimp, but let me tell you the secret of about how people in power treat groups of people they view as "the other." See, if "The Other" agrees with them and is useful, they are "one of the good ones" and treated like a tool and allowed to jump around in their gilded cage as much as they want, like a pet. When they over step the line, however, they are back to being "like the rest" and are immediately ostracized and mistreated.

Ask me about how my republican friends were super accepting when I came out of the closet then became ultra-homophobic when I shared my liberal point of views.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Covok posted:

Ask me about how my republican friends were super accepting when I came out of the closet then became ultra-homophobic when I shared my liberal point of views.

How were your republican friends super accepting and then ultra homophobic

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

Now, now, don't be crazy. I don't know you're racial or sexual orientation or whatever, chillichimp, but let me tell you the secret of about how people in power treat groups of people they view as "the other." See, if "The Other" agrees with them and is useful, they are "one of the good ones" and treated like a tool and allowed to jump around in their gilded cage as much as they want, like a pet. When they over step the line, however, they are back to being "like the rest" and are immediately ostracized and mistreated.

Keep in mind that Trump is technically an "other" here. In the fact that many of the Republican establishment hate him because he doesn't toe the line and rich people also hate him because he's a classless goon.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Sloober posted:

How were your republican friends super accepting and then ultra homophobic

Probably they thought "he's one of the good ones" until suddenly he wasn't

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Tarezax posted:

Probably they thought "he's one of the good ones" until suddenly he wasn't

yes but he said to ask him so i did

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chilichimp posted:

Holy poo poo, it just occurred to me that this plays right into the Gay = Pedophile stereotype/narrative that the right wing parrots.

He's so hosed.

In the few conversations I've had with conservatives about Milo we all seemed to agree that the reason he has any standing on the right is because he reinforces long held conservative beliefs about gay people like being self hating, victims of abuse, and being vulgar perverts. Like, I'm very confident that's the entire point.

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
Milo seems to have been a completely different person 4-5 years ago, here he is trying to do a 'think-piece' about the implications of people being mean online:
(I probably saw it posted on SA recently)

http://kernelmag.dailydot.com/yiannopoulos/3359/the-internet-is-turning-us-all-into-sociopaths/

quote:

So perhaps what’s needed now is a bolder form of censure after all, because the internet is not a universal human right. If people cannot be trusted to treat one another with respect, dignity and consideration, perhaps they deserve to have their online freedoms curtailed. For sure, the best we could ever hope for is a smattering of unpopular show trials. But if the internet, ubiquitous as it now is, proves too dangerous in the hands of the psychologically fragile, perhaps access to it ought to be restricted. We ban drunks from driving because they’re a danger to others. Isn’t it time we did the same to trolls?

Thats a pretty rapid change in personal identity there. Sometimes I'm wondering, wtf made this guy? Was he just trying routines out until one stuck?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

crusader_complex posted:

Milo seems to have been a completely different person 4-5 years ago, here he is trying to do a 'think-piece' about the implications of people being mean online:
(I probably saw it posted on SA recently)

http://kernelmag.dailydot.com/yiannopoulos/3359/the-internet-is-turning-us-all-into-sociopaths/

Thats a pretty rapid change in personal identity there. Sometimes I'm wondering, wtf made this guy? Was he just trying routines out until one stuck?

Pretty much. Writing Gamergate click bait was his first big break.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Then I wonder if he'll do another massive and sudden change soon now that conservatives are disavowing him and he's losing money.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I hope he tries to start a patreon and they tell him to gently caress off.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

literally the only thing he could do is a massive face turn and relentlessly attacking the alt-right and trump supporters ala david brock but he doesn't have skill or reputation post pedo interview to pull that off. most likely he'll preach to a dwindling hardcore audience of true believers and eke out a living on patreon or whatever

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
No he's just loving done. Only people OK with pedophilia will be caught associating with him. And those people need to all be put on a registry.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Now colleges can say "we don't want a pedophile apologist on campus"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Now colleges can say "we don't want a pedophile apologist on campus"

Yeah, this should put an end to that particular issue.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

I guess Coulter's gonna have to step back in to take up the slack for the right's edgy liberal trolling quota until a new star descends.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

beatlegs posted:

I guess Coulter's gonna have to step back in to take up the slack for the right's edgy liberal trolling quota until a new star descends.

Its a real moment for the likes of Crowder and Gutfeld.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Crowder is claiming he is doing prank calls to progressive churches offering to house migrants but that is also illegal so he is either going to break the law or fake the calls.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"I think the true Christian thing to do is to harass churches that take in desperate and scared people at their own risk. This feels like what Jesus would do."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Beautiful

Covok
May 27, 2013

Sloober posted:

yes but he said to ask him so i did

Fair enough. Was on the train. It's exactly as Tareaz said.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Rexicon1 posted:

No he's just loving done. Only people OK with pedophilia will be caught associating with him. And those people need to all be put on a registry.

He could just say "I was abused and I wasn't dealing with it very well. What happened to me was wrong. I never have abused any boys; I was the sole victim here. Plus, the priest that molested me was a liberal."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
This time last week Mili had a book deal, the keynote a CPAC, and a Bill Maher interview.

Now his book got cancelled, he's been disinvited from CPAC, and he got his rear end kicked by Larry Wilmore on Maher.

Put this man on suicide watch.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

This time last week Mili had a book deal, the keynote a CPAC, and a Bill Maher interview.

Now his book got cancelled, he's been disinvited from CPAC, and he got his rear end kicked by Larry Wilmore on Maher.

Also might lose his paid gig at Breitbart

Also this

https://twitter.com/IamQueenAri/status/833793384808484864

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Chilichimp posted:

So finally a good day.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

if Pissbaby Walsh gets tied up with this some how and brought down too that'll make my year. Hell, <Insert Famous Celebrity Here> could die and I would still think it's a good year.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Chilichimp posted:

no don't

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

So finally a good day.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!
Oh look, nuance. Certainly a thing Milo has encouraged and supported in the past.

:geno:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rick_Hunter posted:

if Pissbaby Walsh gets tied up with this some how and brought down too that'll make my year. Hell, <Insert Famous Celebrity Here> could die and I would still think it's a good year.

I'm not convinced Walsh can be "taken down" because I'm not convinced that anyone outside this thread knows who he is.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Chilichimp posted:

Would he even accept it?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Keeshhound posted:

Would he even accept it?

He would if it was an actual watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lol conservatives.

God demands a nationwide crusade against perverts and deviants, oh no unless it's me or my family or my friends or people who agree with me politically gee show some compassion and understanding folks these are complicated and personal situations don't be such rigid moralists.

One of the major differences between progressives and Christian conservatives is the latter only want Jesus' message of forgiveness to apply to people like them.