Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The problem is you are assuming a lone primarch which won't happen and most will have feel no pain as well. The issue is they will all have a bodyguard all can look out sir and they stand a good chance of killing you first.

Onto he Grey Slayer Blob of shields and axes each individual model can only take 1 of the above which is first off horribly expensive 400point tac Marines and secondly causes huge positions problems either axes in front and get more saves or shields in front and be punching with fists cause 20+ models don't make it into combat well.

On the point of Varagyr fear it's a nice boost except most the thjngs Varagyr want to fight in hopes they can ever earn back points also cause fear, putting Hvarl or Russ in the unit would also grant this rule so kind of wasted.

And most legion specifics that actually want to be fighting dedicated assault units are ws5 and almost certainly have a chaplain for rerolls.

Also the iron priests wolves are horrendously expensive 4 oforce them runs you 60 points as they must be cyber wolves and they are litterally just squished Marines that cost more than a marine...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
A-awuuu?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class and I have 20 years of war gaming experience I can pull individual examples from if I needed to. Experience with units of relative abilities, costs, and usages. They are just another example in a long line of duplication of a roles. You are nothing and you know nothing. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of wolfen and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare to take the knot, pup.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
AWUUUU?!?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I was going to joke about whether " taking the knot" was a sex thing but Google has informed me it is. There's nothing like crowing about your wargaming credentials and then threatening rape. I don't think we do enough of it in this thread.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

JackMack posted:

I was going to joke about whether " taking the knot" was a sex thing but Google has informed me it is. There's nothing like crowing about your wargaming credentials and then threatening rape. I don't think we do enough of it in this thread.

AWUUU-HUMPH-HUMPH-HUMPH

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Awuuu

JackMack posted:

Did you... did you think he was being serious?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Some space wolf player basically wrote that over on B+C

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

Did you... did you think he was being serious?

The original poster or the Bulbasaurus Rex?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Is this Thousand Son about to take the knot? I understand space wolves now.

\/ the Horace Heresy is such a rich and profound setting. \/

JackMack fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 17, 2017

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

JackMack posted:

Is this Thousand Son about to take the knot? I understand space wolves now.
Now you know why they all decided to teleport away in disgust.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Welcome to the fang.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class and I have 20 years of war gaming experience I can pull individual examples from if I needed to. Experience with units of relative abilities, costs, and usages. They are just another example in a long line of duplication of a roles. You are nothing and you know nothing. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of wolfen and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare to take the knot, pup.

That's a laudable point of view, but its actually the incorrect one. In game situations usually lead to anecdotal evidence like your above guardsman vs Terminator example. Which are for all intents and purposes pointless in evaluating a units potential.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Yet, I am also curious if it is even possible to make a competitive SW list and if it is, it probably doesnt have any unique SW units in it or use a SW RoW. So I don't understand how folks balk at those of us who are frustrated. I started playing SW 28 years ago (or something like that, 1989)- do you know how long I have anticipated this release? I don't play 40k anymore because the rules and units have gotten so out of whack. I don't play multiple armies. SW are my deal. GW has always been hit or miss- look if you wanted Custodes or 1K Sons, boy you got a treat, SW got the lemon. The problem is I probably dont have another 28 years to wait for them to get it right and if I wanted to play with just the base units in Age of Darkness, I would have done that already- I wanted to play competitively with SW units and a SW RoW. Now, all entitlement aside, I don't get what I want and the world isnt ending, however, it does really leave a bad taste in ones mouth like that of a wolf's pee on my tongue.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

drat, locked into the Wolves for 30 years, that's impressive.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

drat, locked into the Wolves for 30 years, that's impressive.
Imagine what that dude must smell like.

:vomarine:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

My first Legion-specific model is almost done!

.....it's not going to end up a whole lot different when it's done, probably just based and cleaned up a little.

Hell yeah, that'll look good finished up in a squad.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Honestly lore veterans like myself and alot of others around here don't like the crusade era Space Wolves and Russ. Everything cool about Russ is done better with Angron. And everything cool about the Fenryka is done better with the World Eaters.
The thing is however, on the table top, every unit the Wolves have does its job of CQCing far better than the World Eaters version. The Fenryka simply appeal more to the targe audience of teens, and thus get better rules.

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015
I'm just happy that the 30k SW aren't anywhere close to the dumb as gently caress wolf theme park 40k SW are. gently caress I hate 40k SW.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Safety Factor posted:

Honestly lore veterans like myself and alot of others around here don't like the crusade era Space Wolves and Russ. Everything cool about Russ is done better with Angron. And everything cool about the Fenryka is done better with the World Eaters.
The thing is however, on the table top, every unit the Wolves have does its job of CQCing far better than the World Eaters version. The Fenryka simply appeal more to the targe audience of teens, and thus get better rules.

Ahahaha. This is pretty great. So salty. World Eater Tacticools are a little better one the charge, but I would take the wolf Bros who attack when they die in a second over Rampages. I think Angron is great and fluffy but he has almost no chance against Russ because of his dumb ice armor.

God forbid we let the World Eaters be the best close combat guys for dealing damage.

Wait... Is the salty one... Me????

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Safety Factor posted:

Prospero Burns is a good book. :( Sure, it's The Thirteenth Warrior in space, but it got me liking the Crusade-era Wolves.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

Cythereal posted:

Prospero Burns is a good book. :( Sure, it's The Thirteenth Warrior in space, but it got me liking the Crusade-era Wolves.

I really liked A Thousand Sons and Prospero Burns when I first read them. I read them again recently and I didn't like them as much, unfortunately. Magnus comes off as a snobbish brat and the Space Wolves were uninspiring. However, the Wolves in Unremembered Empire were much more interesting.

My enjoyment of Legion was unchanged. I guess the books are just better when "normal" humans are the centerpiece.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Yesterday was the first north wa v south wa ham slam! It was cool and good. Me and esteemed forums poster and confirmed Russian sleeper agent BULBASAUR ventured from Seattle to scenic Longview to silence incessant poo poo talkers hixson, panascope and stanyer. Here's what I took for game 1:

2250 of Ravenwing- a praetor, a chaplain and an apothecary in a unit of 5 plasma bikers, 5 jetbikes with acid bolters, vets in a storm eagle with an apothecary, pfist terminators in a Caestus, and a javelin. Rad and stasis combo ahoy. Our heroes, the most loyalist of them all:

My ally BULBASAUR took seekers in a proteus, some breachers and tacs on foot, havocs in a bunker (more on bunkers in game 2), and then some dark mechanicum robits and a magos.

Stanyer channeled his spirit wolf and took 20 gray slayers with Bjorn in a Spartan and a blob on foot. Hixson took a Damocles rhino, some deep striking sekhmets with a praetor, a dodo dread and a javelin. Warmaster panascope took some combi weapon veterans, a pair of contemptors, a few small militia units, an AA emplacement and a leman Russ. Lots of maneuverability and striking power.

Deployment:

My bikes got to infiltrate thanks to a warlord trait so I pushed them forward. Stanyer awuuuuu'd, immobilized his Spartan, then charged forward with his slayers. I sniped with acid bikes.

The bikes got overwhelmed:

My javelin came in and blew up the damocles:

This proved somewhat crucial. Hixson was forced to scatter his deep striking terminators and proceeded to teleport them and the praetor into a piece of scenery. It ruled incredibly hard. After Stanyers troops finished eating my jetbikes, I charged in with my bike squad.

Bjorn passed his invulnerable save on my murderous strike, and somehow the squad passed a break test on 4ld to hang in long enough for his second squad to come in. Bjorn's powerfist popped my praetor and the slayers proceeded to reenact Benghazi against the iron warriors holding our side of the table.

Panascopes outflanking force appeared threatening...

But my cavalry arrived.

I pushed on and attacked their table edge while stanyer rolled up ours. I ended up clearing out their side of the field, but the sacrificial offering on the militias ended up denying us the attrition we needed to even up the score. South wins the first game by 2 VPs but I'm gonna take some credit for the carry of team north.

We attempted to sober up a little, panascope pulled off an Irish goodbye and vanished, leaving his models behind. Game 2 was me and BULBASAUR vs hixson and stanyer, 2k a side. My list:

Pride of the legion. Terminators and a praetor in a spartan, vets with a couple melta guns in a rhino with a pintle melta, a javelin, a leviathan dread and the death bunker. Bunker with ammo dumps, a wall and a void shield holding 8 acid heavy bolter marines with an auspex apothecary. BULBASAUR also took a bunker (with havocs), a leviathan dread, a vindicator, Anarchis Scoria in a blob of robits, and some ....other stuff? I'd been drinking all day, sue me.

Hixson took a big blob of sekhmet, marines with Ahriman, a medusa, a sicaran venator, and combi plas veterans. Stanyer took ten million grey slayers, Leman Russ, and a Spartan.

The game started with BULBASAURs vigilator blowing up Hixson's medusa, and then my bunker proceeded to start doing some serious work.

I forced 22 armor saves on the sekhmets my first turn, and killed about half a gray slayers blob on the second, causing them to fall back. Hixson's marines cast magical bullshit and plasma'd Scoria and his bodyguard to death in a turn of shooting which was dumb, then the wolves and thousand sons cleared out of my bunkers 36" death bubble while my leviathan punched out the remaining sekhmet. My javelin and veterans also outflanked and killed the venator:

Mine and stanyers Spartans had a Mexican standoff in the middle of the battlefield, but finally on the last turn the Great Doge himself busted out and swarmed over the defenses:

Alas, he wasn't able to do enough at the end and the northern team took a victory on scenario- everything was contested and we had the most units on the table, so we ended up winning 1-0 on VPs.

So I guess the first north vs south fest was a draw. It was a lot of fun and I drank a bunch. 30k is great.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Yesterday was the first north wa v south wa ham slam! It was cool and good. Me and esteemed forums poster and confirmed Russian sleeper agent BULBASAUR ventured from Seattle to scenic Longview to silence incessant poo poo talkers hixson, panascope and stanyer. Here's what I took for game 1:

2250 of Ravenwing- a praetor, a chaplain and an apothecary in a unit of 5 plasma bikers, 5 jetbikes with acid bolters, vets in a storm eagle with an apothecary, pfist terminators in a Caestus, and a javelin. Rad and stasis combo ahoy. Our heroes, the most loyalist of them all:

My ally BULBASAUR took seekers in a proteus, some breachers and tacs on foot, havocs in a bunker (more on bunkers in game 2), and then some dark mechanicum robits and a magos.

Stanyer channeled his spirit wolf and took 20 gray slayers with Bjorn in a Spartan and a blob on foot. Hixson took a Damocles rhino, some deep striking sekhmets with a praetor, a dodo dread and a javelin. Warmaster panascope took some combi weapon veterans, a pair of contemptors, a few small militia units, an AA emplacement and a leman Russ. Lots of maneuverability and striking power.

Deployment:

My bikes got to infiltrate thanks to a warlord trait so I pushed them forward. Stanyer awuuuuu'd, immobilized his Spartan, then charged forward with his slayers. I sniped with acid bikes.

The bikes got overwhelmed:

My javelin came in and blew up the damocles:

This proved somewhat crucial. Hixson was forced to scatter his deep striking terminators and proceeded to teleport them and the praetor into a piece of scenery. It ruled incredibly hard. After Stanyers troops finished eating my jetbikes, I charged in with my bike squad.

Bjorn passed his invulnerable save on my murderous strike, and somehow the squad passed a break test on 4ld to hang in long enough for his second squad to come in. Bjorn's powerfist popped my praetor and the slayers proceeded to reenact Benghazi against the iron warriors holding our side of the table.

Panascopes outflanking force appeared threatening...

But my cavalry arrived.

I pushed on and attacked their table edge while stanyer rolled up ours. I ended up clearing out their side of the field, but the sacrificial offering on the militias ended up denying us the attrition we needed to even up the score. South wins the first game by 2 VPs but I'm gonna take some credit for the carry of team north.

We attempted to sober up a little, panascope pulled off an Irish goodbye and vanished, leaving his models behind. Game 2 was me and BULBASAUR vs hixson and stanyer, 2k a side. My list:

Pride of the legion. Terminators and a praetor in a spartan, vets with a couple melta guns in a rhino with a pintle melta, a javelin, a leviathan dread and the death bunker. Bunker with ammo dumps, a wall and a void shield holding 8 acid heavy bolter marines with an auspex apothecary. BULBASAUR also took a bunker (with havocs), a leviathan dread, a vindicator, Anarchis Scoria in a blob of robits, and some ....other stuff? I'd been drinking all day, sue me.

Hixson took a big blob of sekhmet, marines with Ahriman, a medusa, a sicaran venator, and combi plas veterans. Stanyer took ten million grey slayers, Leman Russ, and a Spartan.

The game started with BULBASAURs vigilator blowing up Hixson's medusa, and then my bunker proceeded to start doing some serious work.

I forced 22 armor saves on the sekhmets my first turn, and killed about half a gray slayers blob on the second, causing them to fall back. Hixson's marines cast magical bullshit and plasma'd Scoria and his bodyguard to death in a turn of shooting which was dumb, then the wolves and thousand sons cleared out of my bunkers 36" death bubble while my leviathan punched out the remaining sekhmet. My javelin and veterans also outflanked and killed the venator:

Mine and stanyers Spartans had a Mexican standoff in the middle of the battlefield, but finally on the last turn the Great Doge himself busted out and swarmed over the defenses:

Alas, he wasn't able to do enough at the end and the northern team took a victory on scenario- everything was contested and we had the most units on the table, so we ended up winning 1-0 on VPs.

So I guess the first north vs south fest was a draw. It was a lot of fun and I drank a bunch. 30k is great.

Awuuuuuu

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Had a great time. Everyone got salty at least once except for TKWG, so that's a high measure of success.

Each game ended up being way closer than anybody thought. Game one had south team suffering some major setbacks early on, but they were able to claw out a win irregardless. Game two looked entirely hopeless for team north on the bottom of turn 2, but we ended up with a victory. I like heresy games and missions way more than the BRB ones.

Space wolves are solid as gently caress. Anybody online incapable of seeing this from their rules needs to shut up and just play them. Grey Slayers are outstanding and the legion rules are complimentary. They are more restrictive than the istavvan legions, but that's only fair considering their many perks. TKsons are exactly what you except- top shelf scotch with basically no drawbacks. The sukmen terminators aren't outstandingly scary on their own, but when you factor in their low cost and wizard powers they are fantastic. If Hixson hadn't misshaped in the first game north team would have probably been utterly crushed. Their shredding bolters end up being more potent than it feels on paper. If I had to summarize them in nutshell- they are a legion with rules that can make most units better than they are out of the box. So with units like breachers, this makes them go from 'ok' to 'pretty good'. For units that are already poo poo hot, like vets, it can really swing the power level.

While inferno's power creep is definitely a thing, we still had close games so the sky isn't falling. Unless, that is, you're an old Space Wolves player who expected them to be better than everyone at absolutely everything.

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 20, 2017

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

BULBASAUR posted:

claw out a win

Awuuuuu

Cool write up TKWG

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Those armies seem crazy small. I guess my focus on a horde of Tacticools for World Eaters makes me a crazy outlier though.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Stanyer89 and I both had over 60 models on the table, it didn't seem too small.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

The best part of game 1 was when my last 2 Sekhmet on the board dropped a psychic maelstrom on BULBASUAR's bunker, penetrated, roll a detonation, then triple 6's and a 5 for 4d6 S7 hits against the occupants; killing everything

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Those LensFX effects will never not be hilarious. Well done, an inspiring battle.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Mango Polo posted:

Those LensFX effects will never not be hilarious. Well done, an inspiring battle.

Awuuuuuuuu. LensFX is the best thing to happen to warhams in years.

As far as army sizes go, both of my armies were easily the smallest in model count for both games- the first one is just because Ravenwing tends to be that way since everything is bikes, veterans, terminators and flyers, and the second ended up that way since I was originally planning on playing at 3k points but when panascope bailed I kept the dumb gimmick parts of my list (the Spartan, the bunker, the leviathan) and trimmed out a lot of vets and cheap utility vehicles. I thought it was going to be a really bad list because it was so small and elite but it was a nice fit for the scenario and ended up working pretty well. A++ would take a bunker full of acid death every time.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Two unrelated questions:
1. How does Tank Hunter interact with Rending? Would it only allow re-rolls of the initial dice when fishing for 6's or could you also re-roll the additional D3?

2. Does anyone here have a Xiphon? How is it? Am I an idiot for wanting one? (This won't stop me from buying one)

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
For tank hunters, you have to reroll the whole roll, so you'd need to get another six.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Safety Factor posted:

Two unrelated questions:
1. How does Tank Hunter interact with Rending? Would it only allow re-rolls of the initial dice when fishing for 6's or could you also re-roll the additional D3?

2. Does anyone here have a Xiphon? How is it? Am I an idiot for wanting one? (This won't stop me from buying one)

I just got myself a Xiphon and the kit goes easily and beautifully together, it's like fourteen parts plus the pilot. It's surprisingly weighty for its size and I love the aesthetics of it - even when it's parked on a landing pad or sitting on the table, it looks like it wants to be going fast. It looks like an Eagle MKII from Elite: Dangerous and I love it since the Eagle is one of my favorite ships to fly. I just primed mine and can't wait to paint it!

Rules-wise, I haven't yet tried it but it seems to me like a lot of the light fliers do in 30K; expensive glass cannon. Two twin-linked lascannons and the Xiphon Rotary Launcher give you a fairly obscene amount of firepower for a flier - we're talking 'better than a Land Raider' amount of firepower. You should be able to pretty much vaporize most other fliers with this thing, but AV11 all round and 2 hull points make it fairly fragile for 205p plus upgrades. I kinda wish it was 185p stock and you could buy Armored Ceramite for 20p, there's not really much sense in having ArmCer stock on an AV11 chassis. Having a 3+ jink save means you CAN take some punishment with lucky rolls, but of course jinking means you won't be shooting.

My feeling is it's OK balance-wise for 30K, seeing as all fliers and AA solutions are a little overcosted in 30K, but it's a little bit too expensive for what it really does in its 40K incarnation. I'll be more sure once I've actually played a couple of games with it.

Oh, and the Xiphon Rotary Launcher is probably one of the nastiest AA guns in the game. 60' S8 AP2 Heavy 2, Cluster Warhead, Terminal Tracking. Cluster Warhead says every time you roll a pen with the XRL, you actually roll three times on the Vehicle Damage Table and pick the biggest result. That translates to about 58% of a chance of rolling at least one Explodes! result per pen. Terminal Tracking makes your target reroll successful Jink and Cover saves against the XRL, so, yeah. Paired with not one but two TL-lascannons you're fairly likely to splatter at least one target a turn, as long as you can keep your suicide sled alive and shooting.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I asked in the Slack but: what's a legion that'd work well with 50 MkIV dudes, 6 jetbikes and a bunch of drop pods? Would prefer not to do Alpha Legion anymore and can't really decide on a legion (not Ultramarines). Tempted to go Night Lords.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
Do a really unique White Scars force with footsloggers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

For tank hunters, you have to reroll the whole roll, so you'd need to get another six.
Fair enough. I'll be running Ironwing eventually and I was wondering if a dual kheres contemptor would be worth it. All dreadnoughts get Tank Hunter (and Fear :v:) from that RoW. Seems like the best way to handle that would be:
1. Roll for armor pen as normal, separate any 6's.
2. Roll the additional D3 for the initial 6's.
3. If anything doesn't do damage, re-roll the initial d6 and repeat the d3 if you get another 6.
4. Re-roll the original failures from step 1, separate any 6's, add the d3. No further re-rolls.

Adds some steps and dice pool shenanigans, but shouldn't be too bad in practice.

Drake_263 posted:

I just got myself a Xiphon and the kit goes easily and beautifully together, it's like fourteen parts plus the pilot. It's surprisingly weighty for its size and I love the aesthetics of it - even when it's parked on a landing pad or sitting on the table, it looks like it wants to be going fast. It looks like an Eagle MKII from Elite: Dangerous and I love it since the Eagle is one of my favorite ships to fly. I just primed mine and can't wait to paint it!

Rules-wise, I haven't yet tried it but it seems to me like a lot of the light fliers do in 30K; expensive glass cannon. Two twin-linked lascannons and the Xiphon Rotary Launcher give you a fairly obscene amount of firepower for a flier - we're talking 'better than a Land Raider' amount of firepower. You should be able to pretty much vaporize most other fliers with this thing, but AV11 all round and 2 hull points make it fairly fragile for 205p plus upgrades. I kinda wish it was 185p stock and you could buy Armored Ceramite for 20p, there's not really much sense in having ArmCer stock on an AV11 chassis. Having a 3+ jink save means you CAN take some punishment with lucky rolls, but of course jinking means you won't be shooting.

My feeling is it's OK balance-wise for 30K, seeing as all fliers and AA solutions are a little overcosted in 30K, but it's a little bit too expensive for what it really does in its 40K incarnation. I'll be more sure once I've actually played a couple of games with it.

Oh, and the Xiphon Rotary Launcher is probably one of the nastiest AA guns in the game. 60' S8 AP2 Heavy 2, Cluster Warhead, Terminal Tracking. Cluster Warhead says every time you roll a pen with the XRL, you actually roll three times on the Vehicle Damage Table and pick the biggest result. That translates to about 58% of a chance of rolling at least one Explodes! result per pen. Terminal Tracking makes your target reroll successful Jink and Cover saves against the XRL, so, yeah. Paired with not one but two TL-lascannons you're fairly likely to splatter at least one target a turn, as long as you can keep your suicide sled alive and shooting.
Yeah, its rules seem really solid, but everyone's on the Lightning train nowadays so I don't think the Xiphon sees nearly as much play. I agree that 200 points is a lot for an AV11 HP2 flyer despite its insane amount of firepower. I mean, a Fire Raptor is also 200 points base. It isn't the best comparison though as it serves a fairly different role. The Xiphon's fragility has me a little apprehensive, but I'm going to buy it regardless. I absolutely love that model.

It's good to hear construction's easy, at least. I recently finished a Fire Raptor and it is the worst loving kit.