Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I think I have food poisoning. This really sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yes. Because when I think flying.

I just have a random Hand Grenade

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I Am Not Your Negro was great.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shangri-Law School posted:

did you poop out of your butt and vomit at the same time yet

Also I haven't vomited in a decade.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The NES area tends to get a little over-romanticized, because there are definitely games in that era that did not age well. It also doesn't help that the system probably had the greatest amount of shovelware of any system, except maybe the PS2.

That said, Legend of Zelda, the Super Mario Bros. games, most of the Mega Man games, and several RPGs are still worth playing today. I would always play the Final Fantasy games on newer systems, if possible, since they fixed a lot of issues in the NES version (and FF2 actually becomes somewhat playable!).

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Shangri-Law School posted:

i got that a few weeks ago, hit a personal best of vomiting 17 times in a single night, between midnight and about 8AM. highlight was about the 12th time when it started being bile. just bile.

the other end started about halfway through :whitewater:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

seiferguy posted:

The NES area tends to get a little over-romanticized, because there are definitely games in that era that did not age well. It also doesn't help that the system probably had the greatest amount of shovelware of any system, except maybe the PS2.

That said, Legend of Zelda, the Super Mario Bros. games, most of the Mega Man games, and several RPGs are still worth playing today. I would always play the Final Fantasy games on newer systems, if possible, since they fixed a lot of issues in the NES version (and FF2 actually becomes somewhat playable!).

I think we're seeing the same thing that led to the "I was born in the wrong era" dweebs who insist all music from the 60s was better. We're 30 years out from the NES's launch and now a lot of the titles that were average for their time have been forgotten, but the really good stuff is still remembered and it creates this false sense that that's representative of the console. Some games still hold up really well, but nobody gives a poo poo about stuff like Rad Racer 2 or Kung Fu Heroes even if they're not strictly bad. I wouldn't agree that it had the greatest amount of shovelware. If anything the advent of disc-based media made it way easier to churn out poo poo, so I feel like it has to be the something from/after the 32-bit era.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Probably Magic posted:

Jim Harbaugh was arguably more important to the Niners than Boogie was for the Kings, on the basis that the Niners actually managed to succeed while with him.

It's way beyond just Cousins. Trading Boogie was the culmination of a lotta terrible ideas.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

a patagonian cavy posted:

i got that a few weeks ago, hit a personal best of vomiting 17 times in a single night, between midnight and about 8AM. highlight was about the 12th time when it started being bile. just bile.

the other end started about halfway through :whitewater:

Always courtesy flush with suspected food poisoning. Never know when you'll need to do a 180 and vomit.

I lost a good 5-10lbs last time I had food poisoning from just not eating for a few days. It owned.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

186 posted:

Always courtesy flush with suspected food poisoning. Never know when you'll need to do a 180 and vomit.

I lost a good 5-10lbs last time I had food poisoning from just not eating for a few days. It owned.

Position a vomit bucket so that you can sit on the toilet and barf in the bucket simultaneously. Trying to time your about-faces to double-team the porcelain throne will end badly.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I once damaged my stomach lining so bad that I had to go on Prilosec. One thing about that medication is it makes you more prone to food poisoning, since your stomach isn't producing acid anymore. I once got it, and it lasted like 5 days of cramps, needing to go poo, then 20 minutes later the same thing.

Never take prilosec unless you absolutely have to. Because once you get on that stuff, it's hard to go off of it because you'll immediately get hit with a wave of the worst heartburn of your life as your body adjusts to making stomach acid again.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Ehud posted:

did you poop out of your butt and vomit at the same time yet

I almost did, but not yet. And now I have a fever as well. :mad:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Sit backwards on the toilet and barf into the upper tank.

Edit, or just poo poo into the upper tank and barf into the bowl, but I bet you get more splash that way and that's just icky.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Yeah go reverse cowgirl on that toilet

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Quiet Feet posted:

I think we're seeing the same thing that led to the "I was born in the wrong era" dweebs who insist all music from the 60s was better. We're 30 years out from the NES's launch and now a lot of the titles that were average for their time have been forgotten, but the really good stuff is still remembered and it creates this false sense that that's representative of the console. Some games still hold up really well, but nobody gives a poo poo about stuff like Rad Racer 2 or Kung Fu Heroes even if they're not strictly bad. I wouldn't agree that it had the greatest amount of shovelware. If anything the advent of disc-based media made it way easier to churn out poo poo, so I feel like it has to be the something from/after the 32-bit era.

I think of every "great" game that was on NES generally had a sequel that improved upon the game. LttP was better than the original LoZ. Symphony of the Night was better than the original Castlevania. Super Metroid was better than Metroid. Metal Gear Solid was better than Metal Gear. Final Fantasies 4-6 were better than 1-3. While each of these games were great and worth playing, the sequels do better.

The only exception is Super Mario Bros. 3, since that stands out on it's own.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Do not aim for the Devil's Spittoon with food poisoning.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Spoeank posted:

It's way beyond just Cousins. Trading Boogie was the culmination of a lotta terrible ideas.

Which is a shittier idea, Levi's Stadium being all the way in Santa Clara or Knightman.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

seiferguy posted:

I think of every "great" game that was on NES generally had a sequel that improved upon the game. LttP was better than the original LoZ. Symphony of the Night was better than the original Castlevania. Super Metroid was better than Metroid. Metal Gear Solid was better than Metal Gear. Final Fantasies 4-6 were better than 1-3. While each of these games were great and worth playing, the sequels do better.

The only exception is Super Mario Bros. 3, since that stands out on it's own.

Super Mario World is better than 3 imo

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I got titfanfall 2. I'm not very good at it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Probably Magic posted:

Which is a shittier idea, Levi's Stadium being all the way in Santa Clara or Knightman.

Knightman. NBA 3.0. Going all in to make the playoffs this year then blowing it up halfway through the season while on the playoffs' doorstep.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Almost every loving game these days requires like 5 hours of practice investment to even approach not sucking.

I don't know how to think of this.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Just use smgs and stims and go super fast.

Run tone as your titan.

Dont care about k/d just grief fools. I pretty much only play titanfall when my mates are on and I'm half drunk. It owns.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Same but specifically alternator and also ion rather than tone. zap fools with your laser beams and bounce their dumbass bullets and grenades back at them

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Also don't listen to my advice because I too am tremendously bad at titanfall

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm slowly cleaning out my parents' attic so they can move out of their albatross of a house and I found my old sports cards today.

'91 Fleer Football looked like rear end and I think I have a full set of the '93 gameday cards they gave out at McDonalds.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Just ate two burgs, chi dog, buncha fries. President's Day is good

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Back in 04 I think it was, there were three hurricanes that all hit pretty close to my parents house and they called to ask me if I had any possessions in my room they should protect from water damage and flooding. I had them get my baseball cards and 1992 complete Dream Team Set including the holographic and plastic special team card and a few comic books. I wonder how little they are worth now compared to what I thought they would be worth.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

swickles posted:

I wonder how little they are worth now compared to what I thought they would be worth.

That's a terrible thing to say about your parents. :saddowns:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

Back in 04 I think it was, there were three hurricanes that all hit pretty close to my parents house and they called to ask me if I had any possessions in my room they should protect from water damage and flooding. I had them get my baseball cards and 1992 complete Dream Team Set including the holographic and plastic special team card and a few comic books. I wonder how little they are worth now compared to what I thought they would be worth.

Hell, I still have my NBA Hoops card set somewhere in the game room. I bet I could fetch at least tree fitty for it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Quiet Feet posted:

That's a terrible thing to say about your parents. :saddowns:

:lol:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

I just hucked 4 boxes into recycling, but I found a Trent Dilfer Rookie Sensation card that I've now taped to my door.

... damnit, still haven't found my trove of Denny Neagle signed memorabilia from when he was my cousin's roommate.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 21, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I got a couple of boxes of hockey cards that some store was literally throwing away because strangely no one in Kansas City wanted to buy hockey cards in the early 90s. Scored several Pavel Bure rookie cards which I just looked up and might be valued as high as $4.00 a piece! Woo!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'm taking a dump at the gym

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I'm taking a dump at the gym

Prime SAS check in time

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'd send you guys snaps for proof but 🙄

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm gonna get that tom clancy game where you fight bad evil drug dealers while wearing a bunch of under armour tactical gear and a cowboy hat

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm gonna get that tom clancy game where you fight bad evil drug dealers while wearing a bunch of under armour tactical gear and a cowboy hat

the cocaine is on the move

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I Am Not Your Negro was great.

Just wait, this will just as good*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL0yUbSS5Eg

*oh god

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I'd send you guys snaps for proof but 🙄

don't send no pics unless it's the size of a bowling ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Kalli posted:

I just hucked 4 boxes into recycling, but I found a Trent Dilfer Rookie Sensation card that I've now taped to my door.

... damnit, still haven't found my trove of Denny Neagle signed memorabilia from when he was my cousin's roommate.

I'm pretty sure I have multiple copies of the Dan McGwire rookie card, Topps Stadium Club, because he was about to be the next hot thing.

• Locked thread