Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

OldMemes posted:

How Garrison is going to try and spin the Milo controversy?

He might be preparing his hot take as we speak: https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/833811508949770242

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
why in god's name would you pick that color with that patterning for your flattering image of Donald Trump

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Quorum posted:

why in god's name would you pick that color with that patterning for your flattering image of Donald Trump

I think it's to make it look like one of the generic yellow emoji?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Creationism is thought-cancer, AGC.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Cat Mattress posted:

That's the plane (A-4 Skyhawk) in which McCain got shot down. Not sure what it says about the symbolism of the cartoon.

Also the type he was in for the Forrestal fire. Seems to be what he flew for most of his active duty. At least it's not the A-1 which he crashed two examples of and hit power lines with once.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

D.N. Nation posted:

Corbyn is ineffectual as gently caress but at least looks like what a daddy's-money urban leftist podcaster thinks is revolutionary.

Which makes him the best leader for any political party in Britain, possibly excluding Sturgeon if you really don't like Westminster running the country. Which, to be fair, is a completely sane opinion to have with this clusterfuck.

Corbyn is an old fool not really up to date on anything... but he means well. With the clown show of incompetence and malice Britain is, this makes him better than any other choice that's shown up.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Wait, in what way is this a pro-God argument? Is he saying that one particular reading of the Bible justifies the existence of Cancer as a good and reasonable part of His plan?

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

OldMemes posted:

How Garrison is going to try and spin the Milo controversy?

"Children legally can't give consent."
"Not an argument!"

I can't read this as anything but a crisis of faith.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Vib Rib posted:

Wait, in what way is this a pro-God argument? Is he saying that one particular reading of the Bible justifies the existence of Cancer as a good and reasonable part of His plan?

You see according to the Bible there was no sin before the fall, and one of the products of a sinful world is disease, so look how crazy those Old-Earth Creationists are for thinking there was cancer before Adam and Eve ate the apple and were banished from Eden.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

obamacare was thought up a conservative think tank and pushed by dole and gingrich. these fucks need to just give it up. gently caress.

No, just the individual mandate is the same. You're saying a bowl of cocaine is the same as a salad because both contain plant products.

Quorum posted:

Because piss gold is different than gold gold god dammit!!

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Doc Hawkins posted:

Someone who's actually watched the movie please explain this one.

Eastern Promises? He gets the living gently caress beat out of him and stabbed and poo poo.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

He is right, back in university we had a great fossil case study of a broken dinosaur tibia that regrew as a lumpy cancerous bone growth :science:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Come on man, a piss yellow logo? Who's side are you on?

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Okay so turns out that Ben Garisson wasn't doing his Milo Hot Take Masterpiece but this instead.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Vib Rib posted:

You know, I thought I understood where he was coming from, but the more I think about it the more stupid it becomes.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

whomupclicklike posted:

Okay so turns out that Ben Garisson wasn't doing his Milo Hot Take Masterpiece but this instead.

"Songbird". Classy. And what's the corkscrew about? Is 'McCain crashed his planes because he was drunk ' a new alt-right talking point?

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Sandpuppy posted:

"Songbird". Classy. And what's the corkscrew about? Is 'McCain crashed his planes because he was drunk ' a new alt-right talking point?

It would have been helpful if he had labeled the corkscrew I think because I also am not sure what he's trying to say with it.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

No, thats an actual thing. McCain crashed a jet during one take off and it was bad enough it was used to tell upcoming pilots what not to do on take off.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

whomupclicklike posted:

quote:

It’s time for John McCain to retire. It’s long past due.

Forget what you read about McCain on Wikipedia and other state-sponsored sites. His history has been sanitized and covered up by the globalists.

Here we have a man whose powerful, 4-star admiral father made sure he got many undeserved breaks in life. He grew up as a smart assed, entitled brat. McCain finished 894th out of 899 at the Naval Academy. He said he enjoyed being off-duty more than flying. He drove a fast car, chased women and gambled. He fancied himself as a ‘maverick.'

He recklessly crashed several planes because he enjoyed being a daredevil. His flying record should have gotten him tossed out of the military, but he knew he was immune due to his powerful connections. He wet-started his jet engine as a jape and it caused the plane behind him to fire a missile. McCain quickly dropped his bombs and ran below decks—never bothering to help in the fire-fighting effort. His bombs exploded and almost sunk the Forrestal. 134 sailors were killed and a helicopter whisked McCain away because many in the crew wanted his scalp.

He sang like a bird while being a POW in Vietnam and disclosed highly classified information to his captors. To be sure, he did suffer broken bones and was bayonetted upon his capture, but when the North Vietnamese realized they had an Admiral’s son, he received special treatment. When he returned to America, he cruelly divorced his wife, who was hospitalized for a long while after a car accident. He then married a rich woman who could fund his political ambitions. Once in power, he then systematically voted against veterans and MIAs.

Trump was right to speak out against McCain, and now the senator harbors a grudge. The anti-vet, warmongering McCain needs to retire before he causes more grief.

—Ben Garrison

Wow, Bee Gee, you really showed that McCain fellow what for! he won't be showing HIS nose here again anytime soon!
*Trump's entire cabinet explodes due to incompetence in the background, demons emerge from the ground and begin eating the innocent*
Yep, with him gone we can finally be free to make America great again, boy howdy!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Here we have a man whose powerful, 4-star admiral father made sure he got many undeserved breaks in life. He grew up as a smart assed, entitled brat. McCain finished 894th out of 899 at the Naval Academy. He said he enjoyed being off-duty more than flying. He drove a fast car, chased women and gambled. He fancied himself as a ‘maverick.'

Okay I'm pretty sure Garrison is actively trying to be the most hypocritical piece of poo poo out there at this point.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Wait does Ben Garrison actually believe that Wikipedia is a "state-sponsored" site?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I'm surprised he doesn't think it's exclusively bankrolled by George Soros and the Illuminati as part of a deliberate disinformation campaign.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
My Guess: Garrison will never draw, write about, or make mention of Milo ever again.

if i'm wrong then lmao, because it'll mean that he, along with the entirety of the alt-right (if Twitter is evidence enough), has failed to understand that nobody is holding a gun to their heads and commanding them to support pedophilia. they're doing that all on their own.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Literally loving some of the most helpless and defenseless human beings out there just for your own pleasure is basically the logical extension of right wing thought. You're acting as if they would want to nor defend the concept.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

SexyBlindfold posted:

My Guess: Garrison will never draw, write about, or make mention of Milo ever again.

if i'm wrong then lmao, because it'll mean that he, along with the entirety of the alt-right (if Twitter is evidence enough), has failed to understand that nobody is holding a gun to their heads and commanding them to support pedophilia. they're doing that all on their own.

I think all of Garrison's Milo strips have been ones that Milo paid for

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SexyBlindfold posted:

A fat, crying pink-haired woman with horn-rimmed glasses bleats,"WHY AREN'T YOU TALKING ABOUT MILO!?!" and a smug Trump replies,"Why aren't YOU talking about pizzagate? :smug:"

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Starving Wolf posted:

Wow, Bee Gee, you really showed that McCain fellow what for! he won't be showing HIS nose here again anytime soon!
*Trump's entire cabinet explodes due to incompetence in the background, demons emerge from the ground and begin eating the innocent*
Yep, with him gone we can finally be free to make America great again, boy howdy!

Garrison's criticisms of McCain have a grain of truth to them (he really did sing bomb, bomb Iran, for example), but there's a lot of paranoid nonsense mixed in (Wikipedia is "state-sponsored"?), and in the implied context (pushing back against McCain's criticism of Trump's statements about the press), it's irrelevant ad hominems.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Did McCain even do anything recently that makes him a hot target?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Criticized Trump at length. Without ever actually saying his name or voting against anything he wants done.

Because he's a maverick like that.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

whomupclicklike posted:

Did McCain even do anything recently that makes him a hot target?

Said "Trump bad" while not doing anything. Anything other than total capitulation, even pretend resistance, is treason!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
He said that despots and dictators all attack the press. Round about 8 years after he attacked the press.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Thanks for the context everyone.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What I don't get about that Garrison is why he's calling out McCain for wanting to go to war with Iran, cause that is totally something Trump's cabinet wants to do.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Prove me wrong Benny my boy I beg of you :unsmigghh:

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

What I don't get about that Garrison is why he's calling out McCain for wanting to go to war with Iran, cause that is totally something Trump's cabinet wants to do.

They're still LARPing in the world where Trump is an isolationist who has no interest in war.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Internet Kraken posted:

It's actually interesting how "Clinton is a Warhawk, Trump offers peace / Clinton-Obama were soft on Mideast, Trump will be strong" became one of the pinnacles of Trumpist doublethink. It's not like that for every single item of Trump's agenda, since in some cases the logic is stupid but not self-evidently contradictory. You don't need to make a pretzel out of your brain to agree with it, you just need to be dense and/or a bigot. But on foreign policy the entire concept rests on you being able to completely excise of your mind the question of whether Trump is being aggresive or peaceful, soft or tough. It doesn't matter. Your position on foreign policy becomes "Trump."

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

SexyBlindfold posted:

It's actually interesting how "Clinton is a Warhawk, Trump offers peace / Clinton-Obama were soft on Mideast, Trump will be strong" became one of the pinnacles of Trumpist doublethink. It's not like that for every single item of Trump's agenda, since in some cases the logic is stupid but not self-evidently contradictory. You don't need to make a pretzel out of your brain to agree with it, you just need to be dense and/or a bigot. But on foreign policy the entire concept rests on you being able to completely excise of your mind the question of whether Trump is being aggresive or peaceful, soft or tough. It doesn't matter. Your position on foreign policy becomes "Trump."

It's because he said so and accused Hillary of being a warhawk. That's it. Trump is Truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

Internet Kraken posted:

Choose either brazen shamelessness or remarkable compartmentalization, given that he spends the first half of his article bitching about how McCain is an inheritance baby that used his connections to avoid the consequences of his actions and criticizes him for being a lot of "outsider/maverick" talk without much actual substance.

• Locked thread