Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BWV
Feb 24, 2005

pubic works project posted:

Lmao why do all my Pacer fan Facebook friends want Mark Jackson for a coach???? Idiots.

It's a proven fact that hiring Mark Jackson as a coach inevitably leads to your team hiring a better coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The Celtics are trading for buddy now

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Lmao why do all my Pacer fan Facebook friends want Mark Jackson for a coach???? Idiots.

For the same reason that there are a lot of Lakers fans who want Magic Johnson to be their GM.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Timestamps

https://twitter.com/Isaiah_Thomas/status/749330341542912000

https://twitter.com/Al_Horford/status/749381033968099329

Something's happening

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Been nice knowing you Jimmy, can't wait to see Marcus Smart grit and grinding his way across my TV for years to come

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Dang it they're getting Jimmy aren't they

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Dexo posted:

Been nice knowing you Jimmy, can't wait to see Marcus Smart grit and grinding his way across my TV for years to come

lol you think the Bulls are getting marcus smart

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think Ainge is more likely to spend assets for Paul George, and I think Larry Bird is more likely to pull off a gently caress-it blockbuster

And I don't want Jimmy to go :(

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Ainge is gonna hold on to those assets until they're nothing

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

So many fake Woj accounts are trolling Celtics fans right now.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

oh great another excuse to stop listening to Simmons for a month

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

xbilkis posted:

I think Ainge is more likely to spend assets for Paul George, and I think Larry Bird is more likely to pull off a gently caress-it blockbuster

Larry Bird botched a trade to send Brandon Rush to the Bulls because he forgot what time the deadline was, iirc

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i want to see how many points doug mcdermott can put up in the chinese league

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

xbilkis posted:

I'm not crazy about either of those guys on the Celtics. Boogie would have been perfect and Boston is kicking themselves for not trying to swing a 3 way trade to get Buddy "Steph" Hield over to Sacramento right now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lockback posted:

I'm not crazy about either of those guys on the Celtics. Boogie would have been perfect and Boston is kicking themselves for not trying to swing a 3 way trade to get Buddy "Steph" Hield over to Sacramento right now.

Terry Rozier is going to be a star 4 years after Isaiah Thomas is done with his new contract

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I too dislike two way star players to be on my team.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
I think Boogie is better than George and Butler, but the latter two are better fits for the Celtics imho and you are flat out crazy if you don't want them on your team hth.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Hand Row posted:

I too dislike two way star players to be on my team.

but all these potential possible assets

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

tanglewood1420 posted:

I think Boogie is better than George and Butler, but the latter two are better fits for the Celtics imho and you are flat out crazy if you don't want them on your team hth.

People have a weird opinion that unless you're team is trading for Lebron plus two other stars, you're not going to win a championship. Their opinion is pretty much right.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/mikezarren/status/833861276086497280

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the idea of jimmy on the celtics is revolting, disgusting, nauseating

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I mean, it's not random when he tweeted those same eye emojis right before Horford signed

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Celtics are trading for Okafor *IT eyes post*

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

I'm going to laugh when it turns out to be a trade for Okafor.

edit: dammit abagorn!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
We have three more days of waiting for nba teams to put their butts in gear and show us flashy rear end trades

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

We are surrounded by idiots and now that we lost a few games in a row (against good teams) the sky is falling and we should trade PG because how good of a leader can he be?? Also one time he maybe didn't gush completely about Indiana SO HE IS DEFINITELY LEAVING.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Carmelo to the Celtics for terry rozier and a bag of headbands, book it

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Oooooh if it's actually Melo. Initially I was gonna make a what if it's actually melo post but went with a jimmer callback

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

where are you guys seeing this trade speculation? or is just forum speculation?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Apparently the Celtics followed Melo on instagram or something

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

My sources are telling me it's very likely to be Melo. This is interesting. where and how did phil get in contact with melo during allstars

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://twitter.com/world_wide_wob/status/833866051267858432

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Can you people please not get my loving hopes up we all know Melo is going to ride out his contract until the Knicks have no more draft picks or assets left

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I like Melo on that Celtics team depending on what the deal is.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

My sources are telling me it's very likely to be Melo. This is interesting. where and how did phil get in contact with melo during allstars

lol

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
If Melo goes to the Celtics this will have been one of the best trade deadlines in a while

Best in an entertaining way. gently caress Boston

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
What would the Celtics trade for Melo? I can't even figure out what Melo's worth is presently.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Libertine posted:

What would the Celtics trade for Melo? I can't even figure out what Melo's worth is presently.

Marcus Smart and a second rounder, probably

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I don't think the "just followed" part of the Instagram thing is real; everyone's just tweeting a screenshot that shows the Celtics follow Melo

They also follow Danny Green

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Jaylen Brown, James Young and salary chaff?

• Locked thread