Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hit tip: have you tried actually listening to the dialogue in this show?

someone from that new group snuck into Alexandria to steal the supplies from the boat and Gabriel caught them doing so. They forced Gabriel to pack poo poo up and go with them. Since they kept ranting about the boat Gabriel managed to sneak a clue for Rick to find him. Gabriel literally explains this at the end of the episode

It's so funny. I keep watching this show and like for some reason I'm entertained but the whole time I'm like "this is trash" and "this moment is so dumb."

And then I come here and like 50% of the thread can't follow even basic clues. "WHAT IS RICK SMILING AT?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
My new favorite character is the weary old school teacher savior in charge of hustling The Kingdom. He's just so bored with the apocalypse he cant even be hosed to count watermelons.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tortuga posted:

My new favorite character is the weary old school teacher savior in charge of hustling The Kingdom. He's just so bored with the apocalypse he cant even be hosed to count watermelons.

The Kingdom appears to be self sustaining and have as good of a deal with Negan as one can have. Aside from his own Guy loving things up every now and then it has to be the easiest and most boring supply run.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
They were light on the tribute though, so his nonchalance could be taken as sign that the saviors are planning to attack them soon. Not that any such subtlety is necessary in this show since they followed it up with a brawl and him literally saying things are going to get visceral to Ezekial.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Tortuga posted:

Yeah I was like how is this old beleaguered dude in charge of anything. He looked like he was about two minutes from shooting his own self in the head.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Tortuga posted:

They were light on the tribute though, so his nonchalance could be taken as sign that the saviors are planning to attack them soon. Not that any such subtlety is necessary in this show since they followed it up with a brawl and him literally saying things are going to get visceral to Ezekial.

Easiest tribute to collect. Surely a good idea to get visceral because ~reasons~

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
The TV IV › The Walking Dead S7 - Daryl Grabs That Pussy

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

He will no doubt be replaced by someone more "energetic", which will in turn set off a chain of events which leads to the kingdom joining the war.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

galenanorth posted:

I think the writers thought that because people liked The Kingdom, they could add a second group that acted eccentrically and use it as a substitute for character. All the sentences had long pauses, mostly with about five syllables for dramatic effect. They were also copying from better previous and comic-future raider-type groups.

I thought they acted all strange and unified and with their own culture (in a way that made no sense) so the way she looked and talked totally made me think I was watching a Star Trek episode and Rick was dealing with some crashed Romulans or something, it was loving strange. This wasn't helped when they decided trial by combat was a thing.

Parity warning posted:

A couple minutes after I posted this RIck fell into a junkyard sarlacc pit and then tried to defeat a spike zombie with a keyboard

maybe this is really good after all

I just wanted to scream "Take out the legs! DIdn't you ever play a Resident Evil game?"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Caper posted:

Darryl lied about Abe and Glenn :( This will not end well

You know those video games where they take all your weapons, including your favorite weapon that kicks all kinds of rear end, then they don't give your favorite gun back and constantly tease you with getting it back and it stops being clever and starts making you hate the game?

There is an analogy in there somewhere about Carol. Take your most compelling character and plop then on the sidelines for a whole season. gently caress off with your terrible Carol arc show, I just want to see her find out what happened and go to her basement and arm up. I made a John Wick joke some pages back but Carol actually could manage it.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Blazing Ownager posted:

I thought they acted all strange and unified and with their own culture (in a way that made no sense) so the way she looked and talked totally made me think I was watching a Star Trek episode and Rick was dealing with some crashed Romulans or something, it was loving strange. This wasn't helped when they decided trial by combat was a thing.

I have a theory that they are all escaped residents of a mental institution and the leader was one of the head shrinkers.

Blazing Ownager posted:

You know those video games where they take all your weapons, including your favorite weapon that kicks all kinds of rear end, then they don't give your favorite gun back and constantly tease you with getting it back and it stops being clever and starts making you hate the game?

There is an analogy in there somewhere about Carol. Take your most compelling character and plop then on the sidelines for a whole season.

But you see, after killing who needs to be killed there would be nothing left of her. They try so damned hard to be deep and introspective, but it really ends up being so much convoluted word mush.
Her story is still more compelling at this point than Morgan's.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 20, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So this is loving hilarious.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/walking-dead-may-have-subtly-trolled-itself-in-best-episode-this-season_us_58a68ebfe4b037d17d267969

Huffington Post spends 80% of the episode review getting angry about female zombies wearing dresses and thinks the whole opening scene was a subtle dig against zombies wearing dresses. The gently caress.

Caper posted:

So the new group's leader chick is named Jadus?? Is she from Krypton?

I could totally buy this. Nothing about those people felt human.

Fog Tripper posted:

But you see, after killing who needs to be killed there would be nothing left of her. They try so damned hard to be deep and introspective, but it really ends up being so much convoluted word mush.
Her story is still more compelling at this point than Morgan's.

The problem is her whole arc sucks so much and is out of nowhere, and actively ruins the best part about Carol's unlikely arc. Maybe I'm just in a Wick mood, but Carol totally needs to have almost this exact scene rather than them dragging it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghTaT9wneYQ
"You can either hand over your Negan, or you can die screaming along side him!!!"

Maybe we'll get lucky and Trevor will do something dumb like burn down her loving house.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 20, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This review's pretty funny:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/02/20/last-nights-the-walking-dead-was-literally-a-fallout-4-quest/#30921b1c4ad9

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I noticed one of the trash people seemed out of place with his face mostly covered. Is that going to turn out to be someone we've seen before or something? Otherwise it really doesn't make any sense. Not that anything about that group does...

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
So who's going to have to die for Tara to go "I know who has guns, but they want granola in exchange"

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

moist turtleneck posted:

So who's going to have to die for Tara to go "I know who has guns, but they want granola in exchange"

Those two scenes at the end seemed to exist only to remind of us the ~*huge*~ moral decision Tara is about to make.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I hope they show Eugene soon and he's making bullets with a leash around him Jesse Pinkman style

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

quote:

I think that's exactly it. They ran out of ideas for post-apocalypse living styles, and realistically future groups would appear too similar to ones we've seen before, so they're pulling out the Planet of Hats trope for each society. If it's just about building up the numbers for some final battle, this episode could have been halved for time and merged with Tara's standalone episode by cutting out the parts where they explained how all the men died (The Walking Dead is now under the Live Action section).

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 20, 2017

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
They could have gone with like tree people or something, but no we get trash dwelling galaxy quest aliens instead

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Best episode since season 2

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

someone from that new group snuck into Alexandria to steal the supplies from the boat and Gabriel caught them doing so. They forced Gabriel to pack poo poo up and go with them. Since they kept ranting about the boat Gabriel managed to sneak a clue for Rick to find him. Gabriel literally explains this at the end of the episode

Admittedly I wasn't paying that much attention, but it looked like Gabriel was loving about in the pantry all by himself. I didn't see anyone else at least.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Blazing Ownager posted:

So this is loving hilarious.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/walking-dead-may-have-subtly-trolled-itself-in-best-episode-this-season_us_58a68ebfe4b037d17d267969

Huffington Post spends 80% of the episode review getting angry about female zombies wearing dresses and thinks the whole opening scene was a subtle dig against zombies wearing dresses. The gently caress.

Consider the source, HuffPo is edging closer to the line of self-parody by the day

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
We believe in nothing, Lebowski. Nothing.

That rug really tied the room together.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Blazing Ownager posted:

I just wanted to scream "Take out the legs! DIdn't you ever play a Resident Evil game?"
And why did he keep tripping and falling? The blind, shambling walker was able to to maneuver around just fine, but Rick kept falling like he was an infomercial character. :doh:

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Tortuga posted:

Mine too. GTA Trevor is all "gently caress yeah I'm a sociopath" but this B squad guy is just "WooOOOOooo we're loving menacing or whatever... can we please go home without incident so I can get back to my WINGS DVD boxset"

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Not for many years.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

redleader posted:

Admittedly I wasn't paying that much attention, but it looked like Gabriel was loving about in the pantry all by himself. I didn't see anyone else at least.

Same. Only clue that someone else was in there was the boot we saw away from that scene.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/G4x3Equ.gifv

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Oh, now I remember. The same boot as at the boat scene was shown outside Alexandria at the end of the midseason finale, and that took place immediately before the pantry scene as the midseason premiere. As Gabriel drove away, they showed that someone had been hiding in the passenger's seat by showing a rising silhouette. Then toward the end of the second episode of the half-season, Gabriel explains what happened.

If they weren't always dropping vague hints for suspense, they could have done it at all at once in the junkyard, and then there would be slightly more suspense about Father Gabriel's character instead of who the boot belonged to.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
I know I'm late to the party but literally all Rick had to do was kick the Iron Maiden's legs (which were completely unprotected) and pick a weapon at his leisure.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I know I'm late to the party but literally all Rick had to do was kick the Iron Maiden's legs (which were completely unprotected) and pick a weapon at his leisure.

Actually we discussed this at length and that theory was roundly debunked and we goons concluded objectively that Rick made the best decisions possible. Try reading the loving thread next time.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jadis is hot. And apparently Scottish.

Also this show is so bad but I can stop watching.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Was it 'up, up' or 'up, up, up'?

I thought I heard three ups, can someone confirm.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

winter.mute posted:

We believe in nothing, Lebowski. Nothing.

That rug really tied the room together.

Honestly if the junkyard had been populated entirely by German nihilists, it'd probably still been better than the alien people we got

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
There are so many communities in the area. Was Aaron just pretending to scout?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Vintersorg posted:

Jadis is hot. And apparently Scottish.

Also this show is so bad but I can stop watching.

Hot to you is Agent Smith in apocolyptic drag?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I may have missed it but has this new group revealed what idiotic term they refer to the zombies as? I'd like to think it can't be worse than bobbers but I'm sure it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
So why did they kidnap Gabriel?

I'm sure I missed some throwaway line