Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

"Hey, Dad....I LIKE BEER!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I have a theory that if everyone were as honorable a businessman and civic participant like Hank Hill, a Virtuous Man right out of a model polis, society would be a lot better

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

What's this dark episode? Is it where Buckley dies?

It's weird; KOTH is one of my favourite shows ever, but I know I haven't seen every episode, probably not even close. There are tons I'm missing, and many references even in this thread that I don't get, but that may be from me not having really watched it since shortly after it aired, or when I was tunnelling through to the U.S. Netflix when it was streaming there.

I'm kind of happy that I have probably 30+ episodes to watch for the first time. Bunch of people on youtube are putting up full seasons, which is nice to have on during work.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Buckley never died. That's just what they want you to think

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What's this dark episode? Is it where Buckley dies?

The pork guy episode. He ends up getting killed in a slaughterhouse line. It's a weird episode and you kinda feel bad for the guy at the end of it, he was just a weirdo but a relatively harmless weirdo

That guy was voiced by Michael Keaton too. They snuck in a lot of celebrities into the show I didn't notice, like Pitt and Depp

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Servaetes posted:

The pork guy episode. He ends up getting killed in a slaughterhouse line. It's a weird episode and you kinda feel bad for the guy at the end of it, he was just a weirdo but a relatively harmless weirdo

That guy was voiced by Michael Keaton too. They snuck in a lot of celebrities into the show I didn't notice, like Pitt and Depp

Other great celeb guest appearances: Jeff Goldblum as the con-man that gave Peggy her IQ test, Meryl Streep as Bill's Aunt Esme (with the three young women in the Chateau D'Haute Rive being voiced by The Dixie Chicks), and Bigg Snoop Dogg (I still remember that he was credited as such) as Alabaster.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Alabaster!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The number one pimp in the OKC

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Which episode is it where Lucky and Luanne meet for the first time? I have zero memory of how their relationship got started.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
In ep 909, Care-Takin' Care of Business he shows up with other rednecks looking for Kahn in their big trucks (which they later use to vandalize the football field).

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Ahhh thank you, this episode owns. And I'm pretty sure that I've somehow never seen it

I call it pretty-pretty truck-truck

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
That episode is pretty fun in a way that doesn't break Khans character, and makes you like him more at the end.

A lot of hate for Manic Day, but I still think it was a fun watch even if the story and development sucked; I guess I'm just a sucker for khan and hank bonding.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

"Bobby, only jackasses go around talking about how much money they make."
"Julia Roberts makes 20 million a picture; are you calling America's Sweetheart a jackass?"

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
When khan silently goes from fat gut to abs .

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sorry they didn't portray manic-depressive disorder with 100% accuracy but it was an objectively fun episode that humanized Khan a lot.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Maybe Khan's secret jealousy of Hank inspired him to get in better shape :shrug:

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
I loved it whenever Hank says "Thatherton!" with such vitriol and hatred. Like Farnsworth's "Wormstrum!". I really loved it when Bobby started doing it too.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I'm sorry they didn't portray manic-depressive disorder with 100% accuracy but it was an objectively fun episode that humanized Khan a lot.

Even outside that it just has that season 13 feel of being a bit too wacky and loose. Especially Cybergrill

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I think the only episode I truly dislike is the one where the girls in the advanced class fawn all over bobby but friend zone him

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Vidya Games, Bahbbeh.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

Frog Act posted:

I think the only episode I truly dislike is the one where the girls in the advanced class fawn all over bobby but friend zone him

Anything with Manger Babies I can't stand.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
What if Hank played gta, and didnt realize what the controversy is about because he followed all the traffic rules and didnt kill anyone

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

What if Hank played gta, and didnt realize what the controversy is about because he followed all the traffic rules and didnt kill anyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOTn5_iH4jU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

"So Hank squandered away is fortune. God, if Peggy's the best he could do WITH money, I wonder how he'll manage without..."

Oh Dale :allears:

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

Bill is frantically barbecuing:

"I have to provide for Peggy now that Hank's left her!"
"He's out of town with his mother for the weekend, Bill".
"Yeah and 4 other single women!"

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

The Archaic posted:

Anything with Manger Babies I can't stand.

I really liked the scene where she makes them talk street poo poo.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I'm really liking how all the quotes in the thread are following my rewatch of the show, it's a good kind of creepy. Also thank you to the poster who pointed out just how depressing John Redcorn's life is, just saying.

Also, Peggy is one of my favorite characters. Most of the time she's really a good person on the inside, her insecurities (from mother #1, gently caress the Montana retcon) just have a real hold on her. Yeah she has her manic breaks where she torments her son when he seems better than her, like reminding him about nightmares he used to have and such which quite honestly is impossible to defend, but most of the time, she's empathetic, so a human being.

Anyway, love this thread, love everything about this show and I love all of you, so if you want to stream koth without putting up with anti-Semitism or Amazon please do yourself a favor and look up Kodi, a legitimate media hub with some add-ons that are less than legitimate but that's your business.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I likes my drinks like I like my men; strong and sweet, and under an umbrella.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HAT FETISH posted:

Which episode is it where Lucky and Luanne meet for the first time? I have zero memory of how their relationship got started.

Plus I'm getting me some of that

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Did Khan meet Mud Dauber at a gas station in that redneck episode?

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
Pee-pee money is not an employment history

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

"Nuh-uh; no I don't have a trailer.

'Cause it tipped over."

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

King Possum III posted:

"Nuh-uh; no I don't have a trailer.

'Cause it tipped over."

The Tornado episode is so good

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
remember when the tornado blew off all of Uncle Hank's clothes

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

Hank measuring nails and sorting them

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Remember when Hank throws a guy into a pool specifically to get sexually assaulted by a dolphin?

Psychotic Puggle
May 21, 2012

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

remember when the tornado blew off all of Uncle Hank's clothes

Don't mind me, I've seen a barrel of pickles in my day

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

food court bailiff posted:

Remember when Hank throws a guy into a pool specifically to get sexually assaulted by a dolphin?

it was fair because he made rude comments to a female. he deserves any punishment after that

fun fact: that guy was voiced by Billy West

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

it was fair because he made rude comments to a female. he deserves any punishment after that

fun fact: that guy was voiced by Billy West

He was trying to stain the good name of La Grunta!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

He caught another one! My affection for Miguel is expanding, along with my definition of "newsworthy".