Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I won't be satisfied untila Mazinger/Great Mazinger team attack ends in midair rocket fist-bump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I want Big Bang Punch combined with Goldion Crusher being shot off the Ideon.

With Gurren Lagann as the Ideon's equivalent of the Jet Scrander. And the Ideon itself is piloted by Chirico Cuvie, Bobby from Macross Frontier, and Gai Shishio. (If Bobby isn't available Sanger Zonvolt would work. )

Everything will die everybody else can go hang out on the carrier THEY HAVE THIS.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I just really wonder why Excellen has had Def. Support sicne OG1, when the Weiss has armor of paper.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Hunter Noventa posted:

I just really wonder why Excellen has had Def. Support sicne OG1, when the Weiss has armor of paper.
Excellen is a wonderful, selfless human being, that's why.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hunter Noventa posted:

It's a character beat, basically. Excellen is exactly the kind of person who'd throw herself in front of someone else to take a shot even though her robot is made of tissue and Kyosuke's is basically a giant immobile hunk of metal carved into the shape of a robot.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Can't you dodge on support defends in OG anyway? I feel like I've seen this a few times. (I know you can activate Double Image/Jammers/etc, which is why Latooni/Shine having Support Defend isn't terrible)

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

MarsDragon posted:

Can't you dodge on support defends in OG anyway? I feel like I've seen this a few times. (I know you can activate Double Image/Jammers/etc, which is why Latooni/Shine having Support Defend isn't terrible)

I don't think you can dodge as the supporter, but you can trigger evasions. The supportee can dodge, of course, which doesn't spend the support.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Latooni/Shine also have an E Field, so combined with guard they won't take much.

I can't rightly remember if you can dodge when Support Defending, I'd have to fire up my OG carts to see.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You can't dodge during a support defend but you can absolutely trigger stuff like Getter Vision/Double Image.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Preloading is up on the Singapore PSN. The store page mentions both the 22nd and 00:00 23rd as when its expected to be available.

Edit: According to the countdown, 38.5 hours to go!

EthanSteele fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 21, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yep. The full preorder set is V(6.421 GB), Initial Benefits, Bonus Scenario: Trial By Fire, DL Version Purchase Gift V, and Special Starter Kit. Presumably the Purchase Gift is the Huckebein/Grungust and everything else is the bonus stuff.

You also get a theme but it's locked until the preorder goes through so I can't see it.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
drat I need to get my PSN unhacked. Use 2-factor authentication, everyone.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Schneider Heim posted:

drat I need to get my PSN unhacked. Use 2-factor authentication, everyone.
I thought 2FA would be some huge hassle but it turned out to not really be one. There's no real reason not to use it.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Folks have listed V's trophies over here

No spoilers around but "complete a secret scenario" is curious. Points at an IF route or select stages changing into different/secret versions if certain conditions are met?

Anyone got the JP list to compare?

Edit: Could also be Alpha 3-style sub missions.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 21, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brunom1 posted:

Folks have listed V's trophies over here

No spoilers around but "complete a secret scenario" is curious. Points at an IF route or select stages changing into different/secret versions if certain conditions are met?

Anyone got the JP list to compare?

It confirms the game is 52 stages long (barring a prologue or something) too, which is pretty hefty.

Edit: I wonder what the difference between an Ace and Great Ace is

Double Edit: Looks like Morale/Will is "Focus" in this translation? But they're using Valor and Soul instead of "Anima"

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 21, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Any idea what these Emblems they're referring to are?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Raxivace posted:

Same as the Z ones, I reckon. Bronze, Iron, Silver, Gold and Platinum Emblems.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Almost certainly the same thing as in Z2/3, bonus items you get for certain tasks which give you an absurdly Op equippable item.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Betting a Great Ace is 100 kills.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Betting a Great Ace is 100 kills.

Yeah it's probably just 50 for Ace, 100 for Great Ace or something similar. Hopefully there are still character specific Ace Bonuses rather than going back to generic +5/+10 starting Will.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Weird to have a 'turn any female pilot into an ace' trophy when this game actually has two series with female leads in it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

Weird to have a 'turn any female pilot into an ace' trophy when this game actually has two series with female leads in it.

And, yknow, a potential female main character.

ImpAtom posted:

Yep. The full preorder set is V(6.421 GB), Initial Benefits, Bonus Scenario: Trial By Fire, DL Version Purchase Gift V, and Special Starter Kit. Presumably the Purchase Gift is the Huckebein/Grungust and everything else is the bonus stuff.

You also get a theme but it's locked until the preorder goes through so I can't see it.

*looks at his 4 GB Vita memory card*

poo poo.

Maybe the Vita version's smaller, they often are.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 21, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

It seems to be a thing they keep doing, I think the previous games have also had trophies for it. Not sure why.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I'm pretty sure 2ndOG and MD had that one too and 2ndOG had Kukuru on the secret route that starts aced when she joins iirc and MD had Calvina who you have to try not to ace.

Will as Focus is gonna be weird. Focus and Concentrate/Meditate was already a thing and now there's a new Focus!

Edit: I hope character specific aces are still around along with +5 starting will for Ace and another +5 for super ace or whatever. Character specific aces are cool as heck.

EthanSteele fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 21, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Now that there are official first party translations have they decided at least from here on out a standard way to translate them?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Now that there are official first party translations have they decided at least from here on out a standard way to translate them?

Nope!

Just from the trophies we can see they used completely different translations for the skills. This one appears to be closer to the Atlus version though.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Samurai Sanders posted:

Pffft, no. Who the heck does that, that's for competent translations. These are half-assed.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I would take a half, quarter, eighth, or hell, even sixteeenth or thirty-secondth assed translation which I can buy and have shipped to me and read the words onscreen instead of looking between it and another screen entirely over a full-assed super accurate Japanese which I can't read.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
gently caress it, gonna order now. Too excited.

ZuljinRaynor fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 21, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I still can't quite believe we're getting a new SRW in English in a few days. When I first got into the series about four or five years ago I just accepted that this wasn't going to be a thing that happens, barring the occasional fan translation.

Should SRWV have its own thread?

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 21, 2017

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Raxivace posted:

I still can't quite believe we're getting a new SRW in English in a few days. When I first got into the series about four or five years ago I just accepted that this wasn't going to be a thing that happens, barring the occasional fan translation.

Should SRWV have its own thread?

Imagine how it feels for someone who's been a fan of the franchise since approximately 2005

And I say keep it here, if mostly because the thread would become pretty dead without the V discussion

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

But we've already got a Mazinger Z and Mazinkaiser SKL combo attack that ends with Koji joining in on the "We are hell!". Why go any further when we've hit the pinnacle?

The same thing but with Mazin Emperor G and Shin Getter joining in.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

change the thread title to say that srwv is coming out, in english

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Imagine how it feels for someone who's been a fan of the franchise since approximately 2005

And I say keep it here, if mostly because the thread would become pretty dead without the V discussion

Yeah, as someone who has been playing SRW since before the robots moved, it's sort of bewildering that we're now on the cusp of an actual genuine English release of a non-OG game.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I'm debating ordering now or just waiting till my tax refund comes in and trying to finish Wolfenstein the Old Blood first.

https://youtu.be/MfB2GPHCx8Y even if the siren songs of GIANT ROBOT GAME I BOUGHT THIS drat PS4 FOR call to me to preorder like a little consumer whore nerdo that I am.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Pretty sure everyone who would be interested in playing V frequents this thread already.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, as someone who has been playing SRW since before the robots moved, it's sort of bewildering that we're now on the cusp of an actual genuine English release of a non-OG game.
Yeah as elated as I am it must seem surreal that this is even happening for people who have been into the series as long as some of you guys have been.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Pureauthor posted:

Pretty sure everyone who would be interested in playing V frequents this thread already.

I think the OP should get a little update and a new thread title. V even beats MD for getting people in because it has no ties to any of the other games at all. You're probably right though, I'd imagine it'd get all of 2 people interested that weren't already, but hey.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If it had like, Gurren Lagann or Code Geass or something, but I can't think of much in SRWV that a casual anime fan would be aware of. Wing isn't even in it for 90s toonami appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Full Metal Panic's reasonably casual.

And, well, Eva will always be a thing.

• Locked thread