Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

dscruffy1 posted:

I deleted my commentary again but it shouldn't take so long to deal with it this time around, considering I have already recorded the extra commentary with a special friend!

But that's not this video! :v:

Cut Short/Polsy

Curse does decrease the chance of an item, but also INCREASES the chance of ammo, which is why you saw so much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
i've been waiting for the Quad Laser to show up. That thing amused the hell out of me when I first found it.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Door Lords definitely my most personally hated boss. Its impossible to practice him since he randomly appears. He's a real run ruiner.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I usually get hit him by once or twice so he hasnt been a run ruiner for me at least unless ive been doing awful already. Of course i havent even managed to get to the dragon yet after like 40 run attempts.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Does Door Lord have a tell, if you stare at the boss door, like chest mimics do? Because if not, that's even ruder than he already is.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Have to admit, I laughed at the Quad Laser. That's a great reference and they actually made it a pretty usable game mechanic. I'm pretty sure some other shooters have had a powerful but super-slow bullet at some point.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
The real question is if the game features the upgrade-the Quad Glacier

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Mix it with scattershot or rocket propelled bullets, you've got a killer

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Even Scruffy has his days!

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
I love seeing a "failed" every now and then, Scruffy. Makes you seem more human with how godlike at this game you usually are.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

70 deaths in and I have sometimes made it to floor 3 now! Once I even made it to floor 4 and then immediately died because I only had a half heart left!

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Picked up the game because of this LP, and I never realised I'd suck so hard at it. You make it look so easy.

I made it to Ammoconda once :downsgun:

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Did anyone else see that exploding barrel with gunhead hiding behind it?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
So...Protip: Don't open glitchy chests

I don't know what the actual chances of seeing one are, I'm guessing low. Like 1% kind of low. It's a bad time.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

CzarChasm posted:

I don't know what the actual chances of seeing one are, I'm guessing low. Like 1% kind of low. It's a bad time.

On the contrary, everyone should open every glitched chest they find.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

CzarChasm posted:

It wouldn't be so bad, but every glitch chest I've ever found has spawned on the first floor before you really have anything to deal with what happens if you open it.

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?
The only time I ever saw a glitched chest was the first time I actually managed to successfully unlock the Abbey. I was running around to gather treasure and money after defeating the floor's boss, and had to make a painful choice between the glitch chest, or my first run of the Abbey.

I chose poorly, but at least now I'm much better at not taking hits, after having so much practice getting from the Oubliette to the altar.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Does glitched include rainbow? Because rainbow chests kick rear end

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

Does glitched include rainbow? Because rainbow chests kick rear end

No. Glitch chests are a very specific thing and are immediately obvious when you see them.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

CzarChasm posted:

I've played the game for 150+ hours and seen one glitched chest. I've seen three or four rainbow chests.

They're really rare is what I'm saying. Super rare.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

The Door Frame posted:

Mix it with scattershot or rocket propelled bullets, you've got a killer

The only true upgrade for the Quad Lazar is Fat Bullets, though Helix Bullets will work in a pinch.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

dscruffy1 posted:

I've played the game for 150+ hours and seen one glitched chest. I've seen three or four rainbow chests.

They're really rare is what I'm saying. Super rare.

Wiki says 0.1% chance per chest to appear in the Keep of the Lead Lord, the Gungeon Proper, or the Black Powder Mine. Rainbow Chests are less likely to spawn on a per chest basis (0.0333% normally, plus an additional 0.001% chance on top of that for room rewards), but they can turn up in more places so I think that makes them less rare overall.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
The one and only time i've seen a glitched chest spawn was as a reward from Chester's shooting game. It was supposed to be a black chest.

gently caress you too, game.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I really wish i could find some pictures of it, it was on a stream sometime recently, but the best possible thing you can do in gungeon is get Fat Bullets and Stout Bullets at the same time. I had the Shell and it was comedy gold. Firing shotguns the size of half the screen around. The flame hand could create fireballs so big that if there wasn't space behind my guy they'd instantly clip out because they hit the wall behind me. Every gun is an amazing joy to have when they fire projectiles that big.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Klaus88 posted:

Door Lords definitely my most personally hated boss. Its impossible to practice him since he randomly appears. He's a real run ruiner.

There's a way of fighting a guaranteed Door Lord and practice his patterns, but it concerns a gameplay mechanic we haven't seen in the LP yet.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
So I kinda deleted my commentary before I could edit it again, and so I got another very special guest. Maybe one that these random guys on Youtube comments don't hate as much as kalonZombie or Great Joe! Also I'm a little drunk for it but that has pretty much turned into my weekend plans sooooo

Curse This!/Polsy

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Keep em comin' Scruf!
Hey its Skippy Granola! I remember his hysterical Magicka LP!
e Around 37:00 the audio seems to be a bit lagging, either on your end or Skippy's

Sjs00 fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 23, 2017

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Yknow, I always wondered why there was never a straight up flamethrower in this game.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

dscruffy1 posted:

So I kinda deleted my commentary before I could edit it again, and so I got another very special guest. Maybe one that these random guys on Youtube comments don't hate as much as kalonZombie or Great Joe! Also I'm a little drunk for it but that has pretty much turned into my weekend plans sooooo

Curse This!/Polsy

Your audio is kinda out of sync with Skippy's and slightly ahead of the video, FYI

Good run, though!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

dscruffy1 posted:

Curse This!/Polsy

Skippy is a good duder,what is there to hate? Also,thirding the weird audio issues.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

VolticSurge posted:

Skippy is a good duder,what is there to hate? Also,thirding the weird audio issues.

Feels like it's only for the floor before the wallmonger. After that it get's better.

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!
Just got through a Casie run with the Robot, and even ended up with a friend that was 100% trash. Got really hairy at the end, but I beat the Dragun with only the bat.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Yeah, it felt to me like the audio abruptly desynced at roughly the 40 minute mark.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Definitely desynced and stayed that way around that point, but that was a drat fine run all the same. Also whoever is hating on your co-commentators needs a life.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Sjs00 posted:

Keep em comin' Scruf!
Hey its Skippy Granola! I remember his hysterical Magicka LP!
e Around 37:00 the audio seems to be a bit lagging, either on your end or Skippy's

looks like Scruffy's gets ahead, because he talks about jammed mimics before they appear on scree0n.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I was on my chess team in high school, and bad play was sorta my strategy. I couldn't look nearly as deep into one strategy as other players and had no luck learning the standard book openings/plays, but I seemed to be able to look 2-3 moves ahead on the entire board better than they could. So my goal was to look for moves that weren't bad, but were non-ideal enough to take me off-book and force them to stop making reflex plays. It's amazing how easily someone can overlook a random bishop stuck across the board 10 moves ago.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
So, is there some condition for the caped bulletkin to start appearing? Do you have to beat the lich? I swear I have yet to see any in many, many runs.

Also, I haven't seen my good friend the junk buddy in a long time either, was something changed about its frequency or have I just been hideously unlucky?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Obligatum VII posted:

So, is there some condition for the caped bulletkin to start appearing? Do you have to beat the lich? I swear I have yet to see any in many, many runs.

Also, I haven't seen my good friend the junk buddy in a long time either, was something changed about its frequency or have I just been hideously unlucky?

The caped bulletkin allegedly starts appearing after clearing one past, but I think I saw my first after killing the Dragun. They're rare, though, and easy to miss even after you shoot em.

Junk buddy, if you've killed a boss with him at level 4+ and "unlocked" him, goes from a 20% spawn chance down to 5%, but can also be in blue chests or shops.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"
You guys talk some poo poo about the nail gun, but you couldn't even say it properly. (NWS for language, and some adult content. Do I need to say that? It's not really worth watching past the "NAIL GUN!" part.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Good lord, Jammed bullet hell is madness.

• Locked thread