Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I listened to three Cousins Trade podcasts today because I'm highly entertained by this all.

I already posted about the Simmons one.

The Lowe podcast and the Woj podcast both largely said the same thing, with different sources. Maybe, in fact, nearly every team in the league thinks Cousins is impossible to deal with after all.

The Lowe podcast is a lot of Windhorst trying to take credit for predicting this per usual, and then Lowe gets really angry at the Kings and then they start talking about their fantasy GMing of the NBA and it gets laughable like it does every time Windhorst and Lowe talk.

Woj's podcast is one of his hit pieces in verbal form on the Kings, and basically his guest saying the same thing Windhorst said, that most GMs around the league would make take a risk on him on the cheap but weren't going to put assets at risk and that the Kings in fact might have in fact got the best possible deal. It then hilariously swerves near the end, without it having anything to do with anything they were talking about Woj chimes in to basically say "YEAH, BUT YOU KNOW, THE AGENTS, GOD BLESS 'EM, THEY ARE JUST DOING THEIR JOBS, AND THEY'RE DOIN' THEM WELL." God, this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Everyone is happy. Most fans I've met weren't even particularly mad about CP3, and those that were seemed to quickly forget when the deal ended up with us getting AD.

If CP3 got to ride off into the sunset winning one for New Orleans in his final stint that'd be some fairy tale level poo poo.

The only downside is we'd lose Jrue, who I love (though I think Kibner's always just been lukewarm on Jrue).

I will always love the Clips for being the first NBA team I chose to follow but I did so because of CP3 and if I had to pick a way for CP3 to finally win one, it'd be returning to NOLA to vanquish all with AD and Boogie.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
like 14% of me kinda wants Buddy Hield to somehow be an all-star, but it's a really weird 14% of me, like it probably smokes cigarettes in the car with the windows rolled up and wears a lot of turtlenecks and shoplifts I dunno

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hey Kibner, I just thought of something. What if CP3 returns to NOLA in free agency and wins one there with AD and Boogie? :allears:

It would be dreamy. In that same universe, I hope West gets one, too.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Everyone is happy. Most fans I've met weren't even particularly mad about CP3, and those that were seemed to quickly forget when the deal ended up with us getting AD.

If CP3 got to ride off into the sunset winning one for New Orleans in his final stint that'd be some fairy tale level poo poo.

The only downside is we'd lose Jrue, who I love (though I think Kibner's always just been lukewarm on Jrue).

Naw, Jrue is awesome and I love watching him. He's my current favorite player on the team. Maybe you confused that with Tyreke, who I hate watching? Or Terrence Jones who I dislike for assaulting a homeless man? Or maybe Ajinca who likes to average a foul per minute?

Glad those three are gone or about to be gone.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Kibner posted:

Naw, Jrue is awesome and I love watching him. He's my current favorite player on the team. Maybe you confused that with Tyreke, who I hate watching? Or Terrence Jones who I dislike for assaulting a homeless man? Or maybe Ajinca who likes to average a foul per minute?

Glad those three are gone or about to be gone.

Maybe so. It also might be our combined pessimism coloring my memory of the past. Lots of memories of us whining about Jrue and Tyreke throwing won games away while AD couldn't get a shot in the fourth.

But yeah at least we can agree on being happy Tyreke is gone. Hopefully we can toss Jones and Ajinca for a guard soon.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 21, 2017

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

EvanTH posted:

like 14% of me kinda wants Buddy Hield to somehow be an all-star, but it's a really weird 14% of me, like it probably smokes cigarettes in the car with the windows rolled up and wears a lot of turtlenecks and shoplifts I dunno
Wears 2000 style small sunglasses

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
One of my best friends works at G1C and is collecting weird Vivek stories and he's going to craft something for people to read the moment he leaves that job this summer

Yessss

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Spoeank posted:

One of my best friends works at G1C and is collecting weird Vivek stories and he's going to craft something for people to read the moment he leaves that job this summer

Yessss

Looking forward to this.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

please post it when it comes out, vivek sounds like the platonic ideal of gladwell-rear end tech nincompoopery

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Remember when Vivek wanted the Kings to play 4 on 5 on defense leaving one player to stand under the opposite basket and cherry pick?

Buddy Hield is going to loving eat in that system.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

R.D. Mangles posted:

please post it when it comes out, vivek sounds like the platonic ideal of gladwell-rear end tech nincompoopery

I assume you know of this classic article then.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2009/05/11/how-david-beats-goliath

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ty1990 posted:

Remember when Vivek wanted the Kings to play 4 on 5 on defense leaving one player to stand under the opposite basket and cherry pick?

Buddy Hield is going to loving eat in that system.

And the Kings wouldn't even be any worse on defense than if he wasn't cherry picking! :haw:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rick posted:

I listened to three Cousins Trade podcasts today because I'm highly entertained by this all.

I already posted about the Simmons one.

The Lowe podcast and the Woj podcast both largely said the same thing, with different sources. Maybe, in fact, nearly every team in the league thinks Cousins is impossible to deal with after all.

The Lowe podcast is a lot of Windhorst trying to take credit for predicting this per usual, and then Lowe gets really angry at the Kings and then they start talking about their fantasy GMing of the NBA and it gets laughable like it does every time Windhorst and Lowe talk.

Woj's podcast is one of his hit pieces in verbal form on the Kings, and basically his guest saying the same thing Windhorst said, that most GMs around the league would make take a risk on him on the cheap but weren't going to put assets at risk and that the Kings in fact might have in fact got the best possible deal. It then hilariously swerves near the end, without it having anything to do with anything they were talking about Woj chimes in to basically say "YEAH, BUT YOU KNOW, THE AGENTS, GOD BLESS 'EM, THEY ARE JUST DOING THEIR JOBS, AND THEY'RE DOIN' THEM WELL." God, this guy.

This is so weird as we have literally no evidence this is actually a thing.

So unless Cousins propaganda game is on point then most GMs are hilariously dumb.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
One of the things Buddy Believers stressed most before last year's draft was he had to end up with a team with the capacity to help develop a complete game. This is a nightmare. Poor Buddy.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't know how much stock I put in the Woj stuff since he and other have both stated that the Kings stopped taking calls/returning calls to other teams and that Buddy loving Hield was the catalyst. While it may be true that other teams were trying to contact the Kings but also weren't interested in giving up much, I'm more likely to believe that it's just post-"why the gently caress didn't you do something?!?!" stuff to placate fans.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

quote:

“A two-to-one ratio is understandable, but a ratio of four to one?” Ranadivé shook his head.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

Q - You have a ton of shooting guards now – you have Malachi Richardson, you have Ben McLemore, you have Garrett Temple.

A - We have to score.

Vlade Divac everyone

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I cant wait for Buddy to start taking enough shots to make Kobe blush

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/833915554071093248

Boogie :(

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

gently caress everything about Vlade and Vivek

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

sba posted:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

😿🤧😾

Don't get mad, get even.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

:(

I really hope he likes it in NO. Not expecting to replace SAC in his heart but I really want him to be happy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

sba posted:

:same:

They traded potentially their best player in franchise history for table scraps and he's crying over it because he doesn't want to leave.

Makes me want to become a Pelicans fan out of spite.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Spoeank posted:

They traded potentially their best player in franchise history for table scraps and he's crying over it because he doesn't want to leave.

What do you consider 'franchise history' because Boogie is awesome and all but Oscar Robertson played for them when they were in Cincinnati.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Boogie agreed to come back as a FA and Vlade is a genius

Also:

https://twitter.com/pastapadre/status/833547478444052480

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

tanglewood1420 posted:

What do you consider 'franchise history' because Boogie is awesome and all but Oscar Robertson played for them when they were in Cincinnati.

He also hasn't reached his peak yet.

Also I consider the Royals and Kings two different franchises, tbh. It's easy to delineate when they've moved like 5 times and have no franchise history to speak of after winning a title over 60 years ago.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Mitch Richmond

(who I actually got to see play as a teen god I'm old)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

I don't know how much stock I put in the Woj stuff since he and other have both stated that the Kings stopped taking calls/returning calls to other teams and that Buddy loving Hield was the catalyst. While it may be true that other teams were trying to contact the Kings but also weren't interested in giving up much, I'm more likely to believe that it's just post-"why the gently caress didn't you do something?!?!" stuff to placate fans.

I don't put very much stock in either Windhorst or Woj say. I mean for all we know this is just trying to put a spin for failing to stop their client from ending up in the smallest market in the league while losing like 30 million dollars. "Well geeze Boogie we tried but . . . all the GMs in the league are stupid!!!"

CharlestheHammer posted:

So unless Cousins propaganda game is on point then most GMs are hilariously dumb.

If anything Cousins, who seems to be a great guy off the court (I still have a problem with some of his behavior on the court), lack of PR is why the "wow this guy sucks" narrative seems to have taken hold.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Mitch owned but Boogie is sniffing 30/10

I mean come on.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rick posted:

I don't put very much stock in either Windhorst or Woj say. I mean for all we know this is just trying to put a spin for failing to stop their client from ending up in the smallest market in the league while losing like 30 million dollars. "Well geeze Boogie we tried but . . . all the GMs in the league are stupid!!!"

If anything Cousins, who seems to be a great guy off the court (I still have a problem with some of his behavior on the court), lack of PR is why the "wow this guy sucks" narrative seems to have taken hold.

If I had to guess it's that most GMs get their info from the Kings organization, and their years of poo poo talking him thoroughly poisoned the well.

Which is just funny.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

If I had to guess it's that most GMs get their info from the Kings organization, and their years of poo poo talking him thoroughly poisoned the well.

Which is just funny.

Pelicans got the deal because they're the only other organization both lovely enough and not arrogant enough to make the Kings like them.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Rick posted:

Every appearance I've seen with Cousins makes him seem like a friendly, sensitive young man.

Also, Rasheed Wallace, J.R. Smith, Ron Artest and DeShawn Stevenson are all NBA Champions. gently caress, man, Artest (MWP, whatevs.) got his career turnaround started in loving Sacramento.

Basically, people that don't learn how to forgive tend to be really, really fuckin' bad at front office decisions in Basketball, and I hope Cousins enters the above club some day.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

drat. If that was the offer, Portland should have jumped all over it. I'd have even traded McCollum straight up.

I'm far less excited about the Kings now, they were my 2nd team because of DeMarcus, and now that he's gone, it's just a husk of a team.

Hell, why not pair him with Russell Westbrook instead? Surely OKC could have done better.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The problem with the blazers cap is that they have multiple bad contracts, not just turner. They still need to get rid of leonard and crabbe if they want their cap room back.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Spoeank posted:

Not too long ago the Kings had a superstar level center and a good coach who was respected by Cousins. Then Vivek happened. Now they have scorched earth and Buddy loving Hield. I'm so sorry, WhyteRyce.

edit:

Seriously, we will get to see Buddy take 22 shots every night for the rest of the season. They'll need to censor that poo poo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Gms talk to players all the time . Why would you think they don't know (or think they know ) what cousins is "really like" . Sacramento has had tons of players (and coaches!) go through their team the past half decade.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Jesus it's another day and I still can't believe how bad the trade is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

2-1 is normal and 4-1 is impossible, implies cheating, but you know what difference splitting might just work out for basketball...

• Locked thread