Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Well, its back at my house, so not like it's lost. I didn't notice it changed stats as I leveled, guess I'll grab it again. And Iris is good, but its stats are well below the sword i got from the tourney.

Ami is what I replaced it with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If you fully charge Aerondite is will upgrade to your current level.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ah okay. And where do I go to add rune slots to it? As far as I can tell googling, you cannot. I guess they're not that important.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

twistedmentat posted:

Ah okay. And where do I go to add rune slots to it? As far as I can tell googling, you cannot. I guess they're not that important.

If you have Heart of Stone, you'll find a message on noticeboards saying,"A runewright on your shores has landed", you can go to him and add sockets to your swords - it eats up a shitload of cash, be warned.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jerusalem posted:

If you have Heart of Stone, you'll find a message on noticeboards saying,"A runewright on your shores has landed", you can go to him and add sockets to your swords - it eats up a shitload of cash, be warned.

I completely forgot about that guy. I gave him all the money he wanted and never bothered to go back.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Iris and Aerondight are both actually the best swords in the game for their respective slots regardless of perceived damage output. Iris is a guaranteed knockdown or shield break when it charges, which is wonderful because you'll be using steel on humans. Aerondight gets +10% damage for every charge too, which means at 5 charges you're doing an extra 50% damage anyway, and probably outweighs whatever sword you would've thought to replace it with. They'll both last all the way through a new game plus.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

MikeJF posted:

If you wear glasses you can't wear rear end Ears though

All this talk abut glasses and rear end ears, the only proper attire is the laurel from knight tournament :agesilaus:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pyromancer posted:

All this talk abut glasses and rear end ears, the only proper attire is the laurel from knight tournament :agesilaus:

I only remember getting a sword from the tournament. Am I forgetting something?

Edit: Next time I go to Toussaint, I'm going to show up with a bloody axe.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Feb 20, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got pretty skilled with dodging behind guys with shields rather than just breaking them, so that doesn't really bother me.

I want a Witcher game that is literally nothing but Geralt crashing parties. They're always my favorite thing to do.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Freezing aard build makes me feel like an unholy madman vs humans.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Is there some glitch or something I'm missing with the wolf school gear?

I recently downloaded the DLC and go to the tower near Kaer Morhen but I'm not able to open the chest. It's there, I can see it, but there's no way to open it and it doesn't glow with the Witcher Sense. In reading around online it looks like it used to be a bug but was supposedly fixed. XBox if that matters.

I've already bought the thing that makes the quest initiate and I see it in my Treasure Hunts list and the quest takes me to the tower but no go on the chest

e: I even tried loading an old save from before I went to KM and it does the same thing

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Joey Freshwater posted:

Is there some glitch or something I'm missing with the wolf school gear?

I recently downloaded the DLC and go to the tower near Kaer Morhen but I'm not able to open the chest. It's there, I can see it, but there's no way to open it and it doesn't glow with the Witcher Sense. In reading around online it looks like it used to be a bug but was supposedly fixed. XBox if that matters.

I've already bought the thing that makes the quest initiate and I see it in my Treasure Hunts list and the quest takes me to the tower but no go on the chest

e: I even tried loading an old save from before I went to KM and it does the same thing

A cursory Google search indicates you need to restart.
Have fun!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's one of the first things I tried, don't be a dick. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DLC.

Looking online some more there's people talking about how the DLC is just broken with no fix and there's a skeleton on the ground in front of the chest with a note and a sword called "Pang of Conscious", which was put there because the people that made the game couldn't fix it for everyone.

Anyone that actually got the armor remember seeing the above? Hoping it's just BS and I'm not missing out completely on the armor/swords. Currently uninstalling/reinstalling the game and seeing if that works.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I meant restarting your game, add in a new save. I'm seeing that as the solution in the top two Reddit threads when you search "wolf armor bug Witcher 3 xbox." And even then it's not reliable.

Sorry buddy.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh, apologies then I misunderstood. Yeah I'm not going to start a whole new game just for that. I guess I'll just hope this reinstall works and if not I'll finish this game and hope to pick it up in NG+

TenaciousD
Feb 4, 2017
Gilthoniel on YouTube has been releasing parts of the Polish audiobooks with Eng subs from the official translations. It's drat good. You're really missing out if you haven't read or listened to the book stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siNrtdQHNWY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOKkMFJPf6I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrI5C7kucH0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKxJ1_TjcMk

Fun fact: Krzysztof Banaszyk, who voices Roche in the games, voices Geralt in the audiobooks.

TenaciousD fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 20, 2017

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Hello my name is beggar and I am a recovering Witcher 3 addict. It's been four days since I completed Wild Hunt and its DLC. I tried Dragon Age Inquisition and it....doesn't seem like its for me. Currently Im waffling between trudging on and seeing if it picks up, jumping back into Assassin of Kings or starting over (I fell off a bit after lesbomancy), or New Game+.

Mostly I just wanted to say that I am not usually drawn to RPGs of any sort but this one took me for a ride, man. I've never made any all-time lists but this game would be a lock for Top 5 if I did.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

beggar posted:

Mostly I just wanted to say that I am not usually drawn to RPGs of any sort but this one took me for a ride, man. I've never made any all-time lists but this game would be a lock for Top 5 if I did.
Same.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd hands down say Witcher 3 is the best fantasy RPG i've ever played. It's pretty much the template all future games of this type will be mesured by.

Crap, I don't know which path to choose at the end of B&W. I kinda want to meet the head vampire, but drat, sexy Duchess. . Welp good thing I googled it becuase one ending I do not want to get.

Something I really love about Witcher 3, or really all the Witcher games really, is that everything looks real world. Armor and weapons especially. You don't have crazy looking armor like in Dragon Age or Elder Scrolls (though they can be forgiven for being higher fantasy than Witcher games), things look like Gothic Plate, or Italian Plate, coat of plates, chainmail. Peoples clothing looks like central european from the 15th and 16th century with slash and puff everywhere and those giant hats that are in all the german woodcuts. Even swords don't look that fantastical.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Oh, apologies then I misunderstood. Yeah I'm not going to start a whole new game just for that. I guess I'll just hope this reinstall works and if not I'll finish this game and hope to pick it up in NG+

Yeah, I had the same bug and it sucks, the Olfieri armor bugged out for me too.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Joey Freshwater posted:

Use the console mod and just spawn the armor, the game bugged on you so it is not your fault.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Go back and play Witcher 2.

... then play Witcher 3 again with the save. :getin:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ZearothK posted:

Use the console mod and just spawn the armor, the game bugged on you so it is not your fault.

Unfortunately I'm on Xbox. Though I have thought of investing in a gaming computer specifically for this game. Hard to justify that much of an investment for one game though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fuzz posted:

Go back and play Witcher 2.

... then play Witcher 3 again with the save. :getin:

I literally just did this over the last 3-4 weeks.

Warning, this does NOT sate the need for playing more Witcher 3 :stonk:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have such a backlog of good games, once I finish Witcher 3 I'm going to go play Dishonoured and making Human Revolution, Rise of the Tomb Raider. Oh yea, I have Watchdogs_2 on ps4 barely touched.

Though when I do, I'll do what an earlier poster said and not use any crafted witcher gear, just what I pick up. I do a similar thing in Fallout games, I won't buy any weapons, I have to find them, only buying ammo. I like needing to rely totally on what you can loot, steal, win or find in a game world.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
After I finish Dragon Age Origins Awakening, I'm going to try to start over with the first Witcher then go through 2 and 3 again with the imported saves. Hopefully I can get through 2 without the frequent freezing/crashing I had that ultimately made me give up since I kept losing progress and moved on to 3.

e: ^^^ Yeah the witcher stuff is so drat overpowered. My next game I'm going to do that as well. Maybe I'll try to use secondary weapons as much as possible for an added challenge lol.

Of course, since most of the temerian armors look dumbish, I"ll be sure to install this mod so I can always look at the best armor in the game: Ursine :sparkles:

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 21, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hahahah, oh god thats brilliant
Geralt and Syenna get on Unicorns, she goes "this reminds me of my childhood!" and Geralt says "It reminds me of something different", ah callbacks to banging Yenn on the stuffed unicorn

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I literally just did this over the last 3-4 weeks.

Warning, this does NOT sate the need for playing more Witcher 3 :stonk:

Um... clearly you've got a fever and the only prescription is more Witcher 3.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So if i didn't gently caress up the relationship with Yenn would she appear at the end of Blood & Wine or is it always Ciri? Man I am so glad I bothered to get the good ending, I don't think i could have handled the sisters dying.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

twistedmentat posted:

So if i didn't gently caress up the relationship with Yenn would she appear at the end of Blood & Wine or is it always Ciri? Man I am so glad I bothered to get the good ending, I don't think i could have handled the sisters dying.

1) The person you are in a relationship with, if not a relationship, then
2) Ciri, if that person is not alive, then
3) Dandelion

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Drifter posted:

1) The person you are in a relationship with, if not a relationship, then
2) Ciri, if that person is not alive, then
3) Dandelion

2.) is the best and sweetest ending.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Decius posted:

It was actually a huge letdown in the sense that that person shows up and is all, "oh, hi" and shoots the poo poo for like two minutes and then THAT'S IT>!!

After the ending of Vanilla Witcher where they ripped out my heart and it was so amazing the end of BnW was a wet fart. :mad:

Both endings of 1) have the best endings to BnW, in my opinion.

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

I'm trying to play through this game again so I can experience the expansions and can't seem to stop myself from restarting over the most arbitrary things. I may never leave White Orchard.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I haven't started the DLCs yet, but the ending of vanilla I got to see was pretty much the best ending ever. And so very emotional while not at all exaggerated. Could have been straight from the books.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

bloodclot posted:

I'm trying to play through this game again so I can experience the expansions and can't seem to stop myself from restarting over the most arbitrary things. I may never leave White Orchard.

Why do you keep restarting? You're never locked into a build and it's hard to make a bad build tbh. If you're not happy with Geralt save up 1000 coin and buy a potion of clearance from Kiera in Velen and reset your build.
Seriously no need to keep restarting, White Orchard is a training area to get a feel for the games systems and play around.
It's really not a min-maxy type of game, just roll with it and enjoy the ride. There is so much good stuff waiting for you outside of White Orchard.

Helith fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 21, 2017

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Decius posted:

I wasn't aware the other two were even options, I'm so happy I didn't get those.

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

Helith posted:

Why do you keep restarting? You're never locked into a build and it's hard to make a bad build tbh. If you're not happy with Geralt save up 1000 coin and buy a potion of clearance from Kiera in Velen and reset your build.
Seriously no need to keep restarting, White Orchard is a training area to get a feel for the games systems and play around.
It's really not a min-maxy type of game, just roll with it and enjoy the ride. There is so much good stuff waiting for you outside of White Orchard.
It's not about stats, I just get a little particular about trying to maintain some consistency with my quest/dialogue choices (as well as the simulated choices from the previous game). I initially intended to have Geralt be a little more heartless this time around but ended up trying to help everyone out of habit, and now it looks like he's having some sort of ongoing crisis of identity.

EDIT: Also, I already completed the game once.

basalt fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Feb 21, 2017

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

bloodclot posted:

It's not about stats, I just get a little particular about trying to maintain some constancy with my quest/dialogue choices (as well as the simulated choices from the previous game). I initially intended to have Geralt be a little more heartless this time around but ended up trying to help everyone out of habit, and now it looks like he's having some sort of ongoing crisis of identity.

EDIT: Also, this is my second playthrough.

Just play.

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

Helith posted:

Just play.
:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Geralt's just in a bad mood sometimes, that's what happens when you chug potions every day