Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

how me a frog posted:

Yeah, pretty much actually.

Not really...both warlord and conqueror players were attacking nonstop with the bash>light chain. CAG has won because he was also timing his zoning/light to interrupt his enemy's bash. You could really see it in the mirrors.

Edit: if anything, this has shown that you can't really play turtle against a warlord/conqueror cause you can't parry or block them at all. It was quite boring at times.

For the VODs: not sure, but you can check the twitch channel (posted a couple of times in the ladt few pages) for the whole broadcast.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Why does everyone hate skirmish, it's silly and fun

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I don't mind it, except when the reason I'm queuing Deathmatch is for Elimination kills/wins.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ubi nerf da warden, everyone only picks him.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Skirmish is okay, except there seems to be no dailys for it and it's frustrating when you're trying to do the elimination daily and it keeps putting you in skirmish

Otherwise skirmish is just team deathmatch which can be fun, especially with a friend

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Turtlicious posted:

Ubi nerf da warden, everyone only picks him.

Warden funny way to say Orochi.

*ed*

The everyone plays part, nobody needs nerfs, but a bunch of classes need buffs(like the loving kensei fighting orochis I hate it because they are just a better, faster version of kensei :argh:).

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Feb 21, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Evil Canadian posted:

Speak for yourself!!!!! I freakin rule at this game!

I haven't lost a game since Friday :smug:

because I haven't played since then :saddowns:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also my main is Nodushi, and they need unblockable bleed attacks.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Zzulu posted:

Skirmish is okay, except there seems to be no dailys for it and it's frustrating when you're trying to do the elimination daily and it keeps putting you in skirmish

Otherwise skirmish is just team deathmatch which can be fun, especially with a friend

Yeah I wish they'd separate the modes

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Donnerberg posted:

The javelin is cool and all, but her last level 3 is a bleed effect. I love that thing. When there's a group fight, you can zone attack or sprint+heavy to make everyone bleed.

That's super tempting but I treat javelins as exclamation points to a fight, especially when someone tries to run away :unsmigghh:

Edit:

Never mind I tried the bleeding power and wasted three dudes at once :stare:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Feb 21, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ok this one is kinda cute :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z27G69p6wek

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm bad at the shugoki but I sitll play him a lot because there are just not nearly enough fat folk with clubs in games who sit people to death imo

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It's Domination without points and a lot slower.

Also why do my orders keep coming up in different languages? Last update I had one in Chinese, now I have one in German.

Karasu Tengu fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Feb 21, 2017

Midnight Shakes
Apr 10, 2009

Zzulu posted:

Try setting your preferred game mode to elimination in the settings menu (when queueing for a match). You'll still be put into skirmish matches occasionally, but most of the time the game will put you in an elimination match.

Midnight Shakes fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Feb 21, 2017

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Zzulu posted:

I'm bad at the shugoki but I sitll play him a lot because there are just not nearly enough fat folk with clubs in games who sit people to death imo

Blunt weapons are the best, but it feels like I run into a disproportionate amount of Shugoki compared to any other singular class. I think it is quite popular within this microcosm.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Hot tip I just learned(cause I had it used against me), for berserkers if you do guardbreak, toss and they fall to the ground after exhaustion, you can whiff top light and go right into the super damaging top heavy chain ender guaranteed. Fairly big deal as that top heavy chain ender is the 2nd most damaging move in the game.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

That's uh.. kind of horrifying and awesome at the same time. Sort of like fighting your Bayman so many years back.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Heartcatch posted:

That's uh.. kind of horrifying and awesome at the same time. Sort of like fighting your Bayman so many years back.

If its in the corner, you also get the top light as well as the top heavy, and berserkers forward throw does a few points of damage(unlike every other class) in total for about 77 damage, which is well over half life on everyone but the shugoki.

Also hell yeah doa goons :)

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Evil Canadian posted:

If its in the corner, you also get the top light as well as the top heavy, and berserkers forward throw does a few points of damage(unlike every other class) in total for about 77 damage, which is well over half life on everyone but the shugoki.

Also hell yeah doa goons :)

:hfive:

I'm going to need to watch out for Berserkers a lot more then. I'd mostly written them off as chain spammers, because that's all I've seen from them so far. I always stay away from edges and corners after getting destroyed by a really snappy Conqueror player, so I hope to avoid any type of supreme combo from a berserker. I like my HP.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

gently caress loving fuuuuuck I hate it when I accidentally close the game, reload it and then my NAT is strict. gently caress that shiiiiiiiit! :byodood:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Heartcatch posted:

:hfive:

I'm going to need to watch out for Berserkers a lot more then. I'd mostly written them off as chain spammers, because that's all I've seen from them so far. I always stay away from edges and corners after getting destroyed by a really snappy Conqueror player, so I hope to avoid any type of supreme combo from a berserker. I like my HP.

I am starting to warm up to them right now. They can cancel any attack on startup(even lights) into a dodge, so it makes their offense even more layered than just feinting stuff.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Midnight Shakes posted:

Try setting your preferred game mode to elimination in the settings menu (when queueing for a match). You'll still be put into skirmish matches occasionally, but most of the time the game will put you in an elimination match.

You can also map vote after the round ends in order to ensure the next map is the right mode. Nobody looks at it so you're all but guaranteed to get it (providing your opponents stick around)

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

I literally had to restart my game nearly 8 times until my dumbass NAT turned green

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Mercedes posted:

I literally had to restart my game nearly 8 times until my dumbass NAT turned green

Well don't accidentally close your game then!! how exactly do you even manage that?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I was watching that 1v1 tournament stream yesterday, I was sorely unimpressed. Wardens just relied on that lovely vortex chain over and over, that's pretty much all it was. It was "try and mindfuck opponent into thinking you'll heavy attack, but cancel into vortex". I watched a game with Warlord vs Warden and it was just vortex spam vs headbutt spam.

What's the point in playing a 1v1 tournament if you just cheese it with spam?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well if there is an overpowered move in the game a lot of people are going to flock to it. A lot of them only care about winning, not about anything else

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

They are playing to win the onus is on Ubisoft to develop a game where cheese isn't the best path to victory.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I get the impression this game might not be suited to high level play at least in its current incarnation but it's suitable for my needs

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

A game that plays worse as you get better is not a recipe for longevity

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming

flashman posted:

A game that plays worse as you get better is not a recipe for longevity

I'm on a 91% W/R as Lawbringer now. I'm starting to get bored since it's generally the same thing over and over, abusing 3 different set of moves depending on the skill level of the enemy.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

so I've been maining warden since the game was released, mostly just because I think greatswords are cool, but I don't think the class has ever clicked with me. When I first started playing I kept getting wrecked because I didn't know what I was doing, and everybody has plenty of experience dealing with Wardens by now. Then when I started doing better, I still only really enjoyed the class some of the time. Sure, it's effective, but I just don't find the shoulder charge light attacks thing very satisfying. I want to smash people with my huge sword.

Then I played Lawbringer and immediately started crushing people and having fun.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Wandle Cax posted:

I get the impression this game might not be suited to high level play at least in its current incarnation but it's suitable for my needs

Much too early to say for sure, but a lot of what I watched with that tournament I am unimpressed with the level of play I saw. I keep figuring out new tech every day which changes my perspective on how a lot of matches play out. Not saying this is guaranteed to be a truly in depth dueling game but its certainly much too early to write it off as its not even been one week yet of release.

*ed*

Reminds me of when sf5 came out and 2 weeks in everyone thought the game was "solved", oh and how wrong everyone was.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Well I know who to pick if I want to get that "push people into spikes/fire" trophy.

Already pushed 50+ people off ledges days ago. heh

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
You could argue that the point of playing in a tournament (opposed to, say, the "ladder") is to win it. The problem seems to be that, at the moment, it's more consistent/ effective to use a couple of spammy unblockables than to play the game the interesting/fun way. Everyone in the top tier relied massively on unbloackables instead of parry/feints. Less chance to gently caress up, better risk/reward (at worst, you end up in a neutral position).

Tl;dr: they need to increase the payoff for a succesful feint/parry and/or reduce the safety of unblockables bashes.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
To be frank I don't care what the pros do like I don't care what the pros do in my shooters. They're a bunch of dudes who spend 12hrs every day playing videogames hopped up on caffeine and performance enhancing ADHD drugs... i can't really relate

As long as I personally can find competitive and fun stuff to do, i'll keep playing

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Something I find hilarious is that Lawbringer top heavy attack deals 30 damage

Where the Wardens' deals 40 damage...

Ubisoft pls

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Can you guys make up your minds on whether or not the lawbringer is utter trash or super good?

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Can you guys make up your minds on whether or not the lawbringer is utter trash or super good?

I main him, he's really fun to play but useless vs competent players who can parry/gb counter

The only way you can beat a competent player is by feinting/parry/GB and free hit, rinse and repeat.

He has massive potential just needs a good 3/4 things tweaking

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

So many clickbait-happy youtubers making videos complaining about the P2P when they don't understand it, nor is it causing widespread problems. I'm not at all saying the game doesn't have issues, but pretending that past games launched with dedicated servers had no (or even less) issues is laughable. In fact, the network connectivity and multiplayer operation is one of the best I've ever experienced.

That being said, the biggest fault we've been encountering now seems to occur when multiple people quit at the start of a 4v4 round (presumably because they're pissy about the gear-stat mismatch) - the game is unable to recover and you're forced to alt-F4. Hopefully ubisoft fixes that and adds some form of punishment for quitting games early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

When you fight someone with lovely ping.