Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Philip Rivers posted:

Ugh getting another 20k feathers is gonna be so annoying and I can't decide whether I wanna upgrade my Robin (+Spd/-Def) or Nino (+Spd/-HP). :sigh:

If you have attack/speed boosters to feed Nino's rage, then Nino should be your priority. Running a Nino/Sharena team with basically anyone, like Azura/Olivia, another strong mage like Linde to clean up, or any other solid buffer, is just ridiculously strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
You might legit have to spreadsheet that one if you want to agonize over it. I personally never find myself wishing my 4* Nino hit a little harder or was a little faster, but she's also +Spd/-def. My +def/-res Robin on the other hand

I think what holds me back from upgrading my robin is like, what if I roll linde? *flushes robin*

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 21, 2017

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Brave units with -atk are the worst. I have 5* Raven and 4* Abel that just have trouble killing things they should. Raven has +spd, so with defiant speed active he has 40 and there's a thresh hold of 34/35 speed units he can now double. The problem is he dies after the first two hits. Even though Raven is stronger and faster than Camilia, he lacks of an offensive skill (Sol is defensive).

I don't think I've seen one brave sword user. I think Ogma is one and you can pull a 5* but he must be pretty bad that I've seen zero of him in arena. Same with Leo. You think a mounted mage with so much range to cover would be a least be A+ tier or higher. He's better than Ceilica in that regard.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Ephraim seems really strong. Two action super, he seems to hit like a truck. I also pulled Eirika but I don't know how I feel about her.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Low speed, meh skills, and honestly having 2 mobility isnt as good as being a super tank. he should have been a hector clone.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

jokes posted:

Low speed, meh skills, and honestly having 2 mobility isnt as good as being a super tank. he should have been a hector clone.

That low speed stats means he gets his super after most fights.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Lord Ephraim posted:

Brave units with -atk are the worst. I have 5* Raven and 4* Abel that just have trouble killing things they should. Raven has +spd, so with defiant speed active he has 40 and there's a thresh hold of 34/35 speed units he can now double. The problem is he dies after the first two hits. Even though Raven is stronger and faster than Camilia, he lacks of an offensive skill (Sol is defensive).

I don't think I've seen one brave sword user. I think Ogma is one and you can pull a 5* but he must be pretty bad that I've seen zero of him in arena. Same with Leo. You think a mounted mage with so much range to cover would be a least be A+ tier or higher. He's better than Ceilica in that regard.

There's Ogma and Draug. My Ogma is pretty bad since he's -Spd; he pretty much needs to go Steel Sword since he's always at risk of being doubled. He does get Spur Atk and Defiant Atk, so he's viable for very offensive teams. Draug is a Knight and has Lunge, but he's gonna always get doubled so you really need to pair him with a Swap/Reposition/Shove/Smite user to make good use of him.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Got Gwendolyn as my most recent kind of interesting unit but she seems like she's basically spear Hector but a bit worse.

Is it totally not worth it to promote from 3 to 4? Seems like getting 20k feathers is a huge pain in the rear end, and I've only got four 4* units (Eliwood, Robin, Olivia and Chrom) and none of them seem extremely strong if bumped up to 5.

I'm definitely still playing the game out but I'm more than willing to reroll once Ike hits because it kinda sucks right now

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

It only costs 2k to promote from 3 to 4.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ahahaha the arena's new featured heroes is pretty troll if you ask me.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Is the bonus for the bonus characters in the arena seriously like half your score?

I was gettin around 630 points per round previously and now I'm getting around 330.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Andrast posted:

Is the bonus for the bonus characters in the arena seriously like half your score?

I was gettin around 630 points per round previously and now I'm getting around 330.

Same, I think you need just one character from that lineup though to get the big bonus

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Spellman posted:

Same, I think you need just one character from that lineup though to get the big bonus

I guess it's 3* lvl1 Narcian's time to shine

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Does anyone have a rough estimate of how much stamina it costs to raise a character from level 30 to 40 in the tower? I'm trying to figure out if it's feasible to get Julia to 40 before swords reset tomorrow.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I finished around rank 52k with a mediocre <4200 score.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

cheetah7071 posted:

Does anyone have a rough estimate of how much stamina it costs to raise a character from level 30 to 40 in the tower? I'm trying to figure out if it's feasible to get Julia to 40 before swords reset tomorrow.

Got my 5* Sharena from lvl 1 to lvl 30 in about 60 Stamina or so, running only her and Olivia to give her extra turns or finish off the occasional green that was a risk. 30-40 will probably take a good 90 Stamina.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

I finished around rank 52k with a mediocre <4200 score.

I hit 72k with 4021, so it's quite a difference

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

It's Catria's time to shine!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Narcian I understand, but what's Odin and Catria got to do with the others? :psyduck:

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Catria is pretty cool, she's got a Killer weapon plus Luna.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Catria is pretty cool, she's got a Killer weapon plus Luna.

Catria is legitimately one of the two best units on the bonus roll this time around.

Sophism posted:

Got my 5* Sharena from lvl 1 to lvl 30 in about 60 Stamina or so, running only her and Olivia to give her extra turns or finish off the occasional green that was a risk. 30-40 will probably take a good 90 Stamina.

I don't think it's feasible to do 8th+ stratum with 2 units and have one get all the kills. I'm guessing that the mean is gonna be around 200.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I was really, really hoping that Sharena and Alfonse at least would stay bonuses. Y'know, just so new players without anyone else have some hope of a getting a decent score. Just a bit disappointing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Clarste posted:

I was really, really hoping that Sharena and Alfonse at least would stay bonuses. Y'know, just so new players without anyone else have some hope of a getting a decent score. Just a bit disappointing.

Narcian was free but having to level him just to get an acceptable score in the arena is still really lame

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

This pull was brought to you by Bacardi White Rum.

And the worst part is, I dunno if I want a counter duder.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Andrast posted:

Narcian was free but having to level him just to get an acceptable score in the arena is still really lame

Narcian was free, but someone who started playing today wouldn't be able to have him. That's what I meant by new players: people jumping in right now.

widespread posted:

I dunno if this was obvious to everyone else or not, but Brash Assault can apparently proc even when you start the fight at full HP, as long as you're reduced to below half in the middle of it. This makes it a lot better than other similar abilities. Maybe not great, but that makes Seliph less useless than he seemed at first glance. To me.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Feb 21, 2017

Tiger Shark
Oct 2, 2013

widespread posted:

I really wanted Eirika but ended up pulling Seliph. My only other 5*s are Camilla and Jakob. This game can be really deflating sometimes. Not sure if I'd be better off rerolling.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tiger Shark posted:

I really wanted Eirika but ended up pulling Seliph. My only other 5*s are Camilla and Jakob. This game can be really deflating sometimes. Not sure if I'd be better off rerolling.

Post your team nerd

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Huh. Got a 3 star Male Robin today, animation and all. Also Erika. She any good?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Eirika is an amazing buffer who can... survive in combat. Her ATK is pretty terrible for a melee character, but she has good speed and decent other stats so she can hold her own up close as long as you play well. And, again, her buffs are amazing.

Also Nintendo should just officially change her name to Erika already.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Why only 7 heroes?

I hope the Odin slot might get more people to use him. I know he's not as good as Nino/Tharja but he's a good friend.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I like how Eirika is spelled :shobon:

So who pairs well with Catria? I'm thinking I'll definitely want a Takumi to counter the Catrias/Narcians, probably Lucina just because she's so dang good, and maybe Nino for coverage? It's not a super Nino friendly team but at least she gets double damage off of Lucina's buff.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

The man called M posted:

Huh. Got a 3 star Male Robin today, animation and all. Also Erika. She any good?
She's replaced Roy on my Arena team. The team buffs and the self/enemy repositioning have really opened up a tonne of options for me. She's no insta-threat like Hector or Takumi, but still the best supporter outside of Azura/Olivia.

Attacking-wise, she's said to not be incredibly strong but she's decently speedy, so she should double/avoid doubles a lot. I got a version that's +attack/-defence, and she's a doubling monster. I have to be a bit more careful with her placement, but she's still copped a lance to her face before and survived.

Keep her the hell away from those high-speed flying lance users though.

Edit: my favourite thing to do is to bait blue units in then pivot behind a buffed-up Hector.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Feb 21, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I don't expect a huge wave of bonus units being used on defense. There's no benefit for doing so. I guess a lot of people may not realize how it works and just have their best team in slot 1 at all times, but will those people be the same ones going for high scores in arena?

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
By far the worst aspect of the new bonus units is the fact that most people will not bother including them in their defense team so the meta won't shift at all. We'll still be fighting Hectors, Takumis, Robins, Falchions and Olivias because there is no requirements for defense. Now being forced to use Narcian or Odin against the same things we fought last week will make the arena simultaneously that much harder and that much more boring. Wow.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, replacing a 5* Camilla with a 3* Narcian is probably not going to do wonders for my performance

Tiger Shark
Oct 2, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Post your team nerd

Nino is great, but Sharena seems really squishy and I get destroyed if there's more than one red or there's a Takumi. Really wanted Eirika to help buff Nino more. I have an Odin. What's the best team to put together here?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

That 4 pull was worth it even if everything after pulling Julia first pull was mediocre? Also, Julia is +Def / -Hp if that gimps her at all.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Tired Moritz posted:

Why only 7 heroes?

I hope the Odin slot might get more people to use him. I know he's not as good as Nino/Tharja but he's a good friend.
They want you to roll for the new heroes.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Def is probably better than HP if she's getting doubled by everything. On the other hand, neither of them matter at all for the same reason.

Uh... you will proud to know that she can survive being doubled by Niles. That's about it.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Eh, at least the speed and attack aren't getting dumped on with this one.