Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
kash why cant i pm you

e: nm

kumba fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Axiom Verge is the best Metroid game

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Choose Your Own Musical Vol. 2 has opened for sign ups

I know other games are still in sign ups as well, but this one won't open for awhile after it fills since I have to make up the roles. Expect March 1 as the earliest it will open. Get in there and give me your best jazz hands!

I still need 6+ more for my game that's not opening anytime soon but I need the signups now (I accidently typed that as singups which is v appropriate) SING UP for my game

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

BottleKnight posted:

Fire Emblem is really good.

When you say this do you mean the series or just the first one released Stateside cause I loved the hell out of that first game. I'm always pretty peeved that Hector isn't recognized for the awesome dude he is when they break back older heroes (who likes Ike? Geeze).

The other ones were good but the plots got too anime, and I couldn't really empathize with any of the characters for whatever reason. I stopped after the re-make of Marth's game and I found the console ones to be alright at best. The gameplay is always good but the stories are so blah.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Guys, I've never played a Mega Man game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I am in 5 mafia games simultaneously because I wanted to help get them opened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlDEzmSff3M

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

everytime i join a new mafia game my laptop breaks.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

100YrsofAttitude posted:

When you say this do you mean the series or just the first one released Stateside cause I loved the hell out of that first game. I'm always pretty peeved that Hector isn't recognized for the awesome dude he is when they break back older heroes (who likes Ike? Geeze).

The other ones were good but the plots got too anime, and I couldn't really empathize with any of the characters for whatever reason. I stopped after the re-make of Marth's game and I found the console ones to be alright at best. The gameplay is always good but the stories are so blah.

I mean the series, I've never played the original game. I've played Sacred Stones and Awakening.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Make a tier list for mafia mods and make me S-tier (for "poo poo")

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

I am in 5 mafia games simultaneously because I wanted to help get them opened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlDEzmSff3M

You should ask Kashuno how well this worked out for him when he tried it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I need a replacement for ff4 mafia.

Its day 2.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Bullet Hell
A micro game of mafia for 8 players

25% filled! (lol)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

You should ask Kashuno how well this worked out for him when he tried it.

Woke up to like 600 new posts across all games :cripes:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The story of Kashuno is that he got so confused in one of the games where he was scum that he claimed a cop result from that night on someone who had died the previous day.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
What's your favorite part(s) of playing a mafia game? Mine is when the interrogations really get going around MYLO/LYLO.

Not too fond of Joke phase, but it can be fun I suppose. I like watching people sweat in MYLO/LYLO.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

What's your favorite part(s) of playing a mafia game? Mine is when the interrogations really get going around MYLO/LYLO.

Not too fond of Joke phase, but it can be fun I suppose. I like watching people sweat in MYLO/LYLO.

having a mason partner. if you are scum and you have me as an unconfirmed mason partner please know that I will literally tell you anything and will believe anything that you tell me because I am endlessly desperate to talk to somebody about games without fear of being immediately murdered for being too truthful

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Rolling scum godfather

Outside of getting specific roles/alignments, yeah MYLO/LYLO for sure. Also games where there's special events, I love events and games within games

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The part where I open my PM and it says scum

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I like getting cornered as scum and managing to talk my way out of it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Grandicap posted:

I like getting cornered as scum and managing to talk my way out of it.

Such a good feeling.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

The story of Kashuno is that he got so confused in one of the games where he was scum that he claimed a cop result from that night on someone who had died the previous day.

Noice

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I don't have a moment I enjoy mafia so maybe I should stop playing???

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I didn't get confused I stopped reading the game jeez

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kashuno posted:

I don't have a moment I enjoy mafia so maybe I should stop playing???

I think this post is a cry for help

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Watching someone entirely figure out the game I'm running and then have someone talk them out of it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Watching someone entirely figure out the game I'm running and then have someone talk them out of it.

Town Bellringer.Goddamn Roanoke.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Picking scum D1.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

:allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Catching a scumslip is like the best thing ever

Like just the besssstttt

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

OMG this game!!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I like doing successful gambits or lies. I don't do them too often so when it does happen it is sweet.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

What's your favorite part(s) of playing a mafia game?

When two townies who had been friends with each other for years and with the person I'd disguised myself as took five minutes of lying to be convinced the other was not only scum, but "peramene disguised as the multiple-year-long friend," vote the other, and ask me, their friend, who they were both sure was town, to "find peramene and get her." I had known them all for a few days.

Dying with KB in FF3 as a close second though. I really enjoy and find it so fantastic how quickly people in this community go from "who?" to "omg they're fantastic" with me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I like doing successful gambits or lies. I don't do them too often so when it does happen it is sweet.

I'm with you on this. I like big bold lies, like pretending I understand the concept of love.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. F! posted:

OMG this game!!

One of my two most memorable games, the other being Khabeum's Covert Ops where I lied my rear end off.

And coming in a close third is Atoramos' Seriously, This is the Worst Idea Mafia, where the scum were both godfathers and given the setup doc. And I called it and got lynched for it. Still a fun game.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

fire emblem heroes to the polls

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
A lovely game of Mafia for friends <3

Only needs 5 more players.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

having a mason partner. if you are scum and you have me as an unconfirmed mason partner please know that I will literally tell you anything and will believe anything that you tell me because I am endlessly desperate to talk to somebody about games without fear of being immediately murdered for being too truthful

Yay another member of the trusting mason club. I treat unconfirmed masonries are confirmed because it's far more fun that way. I would rather be wrong that rare time than waste every time I'm in a masonry being cagey or just not posting in it. KB was a mason recruiter in one game and recruited me into it and together we solved the game.

Also my favourite thing about mafia is late game role madness where you take everything that has happened and try to come up with a plan to solve it. It's a fun logic puzzle and I like putting the effort into it if it gets followed.

Also I like when I get cased as town and need to defend myself. I hate getting cased as scum because they're right, but knowing that I'm right and going full out in an argument is good times.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think after this current batch of games I am going to explicitly stick to designing role madness games because people seem to enjoy them and thinking of non-standard roles people haven't seen before leads to hilarious interactions and amazing fake claims

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

Also I like when I get cased as town and need to defend myself. I hate getting cased as scum because they're right, but knowing that I'm right and going full out in an argument is good times.

this is a good one, I always reach my logical mafia peak when somebody wrongcases me and I get all worked up defending myself

my least favourite part of mafia is my inability to convince anybody of any of my reads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asiina posted:

Yay another member of the trusting mason club. I treat unconfirmed masonries are confirmed because it's far more fun that way. I would rather be wrong that rare time than waste every time I'm in a masonry being cagey or just not posting in it. KB was a mason recruiter in one game and recruited me into it and together we solved the game.

Yeah I had a great one with Ixt in Rupaul's Drag Mafia and we killed scum every day (though day 3 was mostly Pecota doing exactly what you said about being cased as town)