Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I was gonna say Kate should be higher than Damian but in a straight up hand to hand fight yeah that's probably pretty accurate, honestly.

VV Hand to hand. He might not be allowed to use the staff. He should probably still be above Jason whose only notable skill is shooting guns, which would definitely not be allowed in a hand to hand fight.

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Tim should be above the random street tough rookie, that's for sure. Dude is crazy good with a staff. Seriously, this is a little insulting.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

purple death ray posted:

VV Hand to hand. He might not be allowed to use the staff. He should probably still be above Jason whose only notable skill is shooting guns, which would definitely not be allowed in a hand to hand fight.

While pre-reboot, Jason did beat Tim in a fight so I'm not too surprised. I don't recall him using guns in that fight either, but it's been a little while since I read Battle For The Cowl.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I've never bought the whole thing with Damian being such a world-class fighter. I get that he was trained by the best and is ruthless, but he's a 13 year old boy. Just physically he would be outclassed by strong adults with similar levels of training, like Kate or Tim. I get him being able to wipe the floor with the likes of Jason or Duke, guys who were self-taught or only briefly had Batman training.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

JoshTheStampede posted:

I've never bought the whole thing with Damian being such a world-class fighter. I get that he was trained by the best and is ruthless, but he's a 13 year old boy. Just physically he would be outclassed by strong adults with similar levels of training, like Kate or Tim. I get him being able to wipe the floor with the likes of Jason or Duke, guys who were self-taught or only briefly had Batman training.

I dunno man, kids can be hardcore.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

My disbelief shall not be suspended, fiction!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So not to spam too many threads but the boss tells me that DC's sales have settled into steady numbers 6 months post Rebirth. We are currently 100% higher on DC than we were last year.

Imma get me a bonus check.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I would not put either Tim or Stephanie below Duke, honestly, unless he's some sort of savant that I'm not aware of. Actual experience has to count for a lot in this case.

Forgot Helena still existed. :saddowns:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It could be where Duke is expected to end up

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Rhyno posted:

So not to spam too many threads but the boss tells me that DC's sales have settled into steady numbers 6 months post Rebirth. We are currently 100% higher on DC than we were last year.

Imma get me a bonus check.

You mean Nick Spencer insisting on Twitter that DC sales numbers are voodoo and Rebirth has actually been a failure is...wrong? The devil you say!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There's so much voodoo involved in both companies accounting that you really can't take either's numbers at face value. I'm sure DC numbers are up. Because they're doubling up their most popular books and cutting the number of titles down overall. If they weren't up there would be some serious cause for concern. I mean last year you only had one Batman book a month and this year you have two. That goes for all the big titles. Marvel overshipping their books is the same thing but actually a stupider move on their end since I'm sure it's costing them more to do that than it pays off.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Im sure the exact numbers are fudged, but anecdotally the people who work at my LCS do a big blog post about numbers and sales every month, and they've all remarked on how DC is kicking rear end now, whereas a year or two ago DC was getting outsold by Image every month and sometimes would have only 1 title in the top 25 issues sold.

Granted, it's a nonstandard store - they're super-progressive and LGBT friendly and whatnot, but they still sell a ton of cape comics.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mean anecdotally I'm buying way more. I can't even remember what I was buying last February from DC. Probably not much of anything to be honest. But now I'm getting 2 Green Arrows, 2 Supermans, 2 Actions, 2 Detectives, 1 Teen Titans, 1 Wonder Woman, 1 Supergirl, 1 Trinity, 1 Super Sons. There's no way I was getting 13 DC books in like 6 months last year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is just my shop's numbers. We're booming with DC right now. But anecdotally, the word around the industry is very similar. Unless you're Dennis Barger or one of his sheep.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm currently pulling 28 DC books, 25 Marvel books, 15 Image books, 1 IDW book, 1 Boom! book, and 1 Vertigo book, so yeah.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Roth posted:

I'm currently pulling 28 DC books, 25 Marvel books, 15 Image books, 1 IDW book, 1 Boom! book, and 1 Vertigo book, so yeah.

Is that a month? What the gently caress do you do for a living?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

BrianWilly posted:

I would not put either Tim or Stephanie below Duke, honestly, unless he's some sort of savant that I'm not aware of. Actual experience has to count for a lot in this case.

Forgot Helena still existed. :saddowns:

Reboot Helena is probably a better fighter than pre flashpoint Helena, having been the Nick Fury of SPYRAL for so long.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Skwirl posted:

I'm a student and work part-time, but I don't have a lot of expenses which leaves me with a lot of spending money.

Also, the comic shop I go to has a 20% discount which makes things relatively cheaper. Comes to around $50 a week on average.

Edit - I also accidentally counted series that just ended that I haven't removed from my subs list on pulllist, and some that haven't started yet.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Roth posted:

I'm a student and work part-time, but I don't have a lot of expenses which leaves me with a lot of spending money.

Also, the comic shop I go to has a 20% discount which makes things relatively cheaper. Comes to around $50 a week on average.

That sounds a bit more reasonable, I spend more than that on booze a week, especially because you can theoretically resell some of that, where I'm probably at the point where I couldn't even give away my liver.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

I don't read that many DC or Image books but if you throw in several Valiant and a few more IDW books then that's close to what I get. It's not really that much weekly honestly. I'm also lucky in that except for some blurays here and there it's the only hobby I have that involves buying things.

Skwirl posted:

That sounds a bit more reasonable, I spend more than that on booze a week, especially because you can theoretically resell some of that, where I'm probably at the point where I couldn't even give away my liver.

Well booze is not something I waste money on and I don't play video games or anything like that. Comparatively I probably spend less on comics.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Skwirl posted:

DC just has to make a Mother Panic movie and I can resell the first issue to dumb speculators when it comes out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah I used to spend upwards of $100 a week on booze. If I didn't get to read poo poo for free I'd probably be broke.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Skwirl posted:

Now you made me want to self-analyze my pull list (which is part digital and part paper), which I know is madness:

Marvel - 21: All New Xmen, Black Panther, World of Wakanda, Black Widow, CapSam, CapSteve, CapMarvel, Champions, Deadpool Mercs for Money, Extraordinary X-Men, Hawkeye, Hulk, IronDoom, IronRiRi, Jessica Jones, USAvengers, Patsy Walker, Ultimates2, USG, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-men
DC - 20: All-Star Batman, Batman, Batwoman, Detective, Flash, Flintstones, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, JLA, Super Sons, Supergirl, Titans, Wonder Woman
Image: Only Saga and WicDiv, everything else I tradewait.

So 20 issues a month from DC, whereas before Rebirth I was buying...like 2?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

JoshTheStampede posted:

Now you made me want to self-analyze my pull list (which is part digital and part paper), which I know is madness:

Marvel - 21: All New Xmen, Black Panther, World of Wakanda, Black Widow, CapSam, CapSteve, CapMarvel, Champions, Deadpool Mercs for Money, Extraordinary X-Men, Hawkeye, Hulk, IronDoom, IronRiRi, Jessica Jones, USAvengers, Patsy Walker, Ultimates2, USG, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-men
DC - 20: All-Star Batman, Batman, Batwoman, Detective, Flash, Flintstones, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, JLA, Super Sons, Supergirl, Titans, Wonder Woman
Image: Only Saga and WicDiv, everything else I tradewait.

So 20 issues a month from DC, whereas before Rebirth I was buying...like 2?

And therein lies my point. See you're actually buying way more Marvel titles than DC, but because those DC books ship twice a month it looks more even than it actually is.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

X-O posted:

And therein lies my point. See you're actually buying way more Marvel titles than DC, but because those DC books ship twice a month it looks more even than it actually is.

Yeah, but number of titles is also a misleading statistic. If instead of double shipping those books just had one 50 page book for 5.99, I'd stll be buying roughly as much DC content as Marvel. Whereas prior to Rebirth, I was reading...Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Omega Men, and Titans Hunt, I think?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hey, I'll do this waste of time!
Here's my currently running books, looking back at the last few months of the shipping thread.

quote:

DC: 29
ALL STAR BATMAN
BATGIRL
BATMAN
BATWOMAN
CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE
DEATHSTROKE
DETECTIVE COMICS
DOOM PATROL
EARTH 2 SOCIETY
FUTURE QUEST
FLINTSTONES
GOTHAM ACADEMY SECOND SEMESTER
GREEN ARROW
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA
KAMANDI CHALLENGE
MIDNIGHTER AND APOLLO
MOTHER PANIC
NEW SUPER MAN
SHADE THE CHANGING GIRL
SUICIDE SQUAD
SUPERGIRL BEING SUPER
SUPER SONS
SUPERMAN
SUPERWOMAN
TEEN TITANS
TRINITY
UNFOLLOW
WILD STORM
WONDER WOMAN

Marv: 15
CHAMPIONS
DOCTOR STRANGE
HAWKEYE
HULK
INHUMANS VS X-MEN
MIGHTY THOR
MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR
MS MARVEL
OLD MAN LOGAN
SCARLET WITCH
SILVER SURFER
SPIDER-MAN
UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL
UNCANNY AVENGERS
UNWORTHY THOR

Indie: 16
AD AFTER DEATH
ANIMOSITY
BLACK HAMMER
BLACK MONDAY MURDERS
CURSE WORDS
DESCENDER
GREEN VALLEY
LETTER 44
LOW
MOTOR CRUSH
PAPER GIRLS
REBORN
SLAM
SNOTGIRL
SOUTHERN BASTARDS
STRAY BULLETS SUNSHINE & ROSES

But I've always gotten like 15-22 DC comics since 2011. If anything, the change has been to less Marvel since the original NOW days of Hickman Avengers, ect.
edit: And I've learned to just wait on Comixology sales for most of Image. I am stockpiling every Sex Criminals, Saga, Bitch Planet and East of West for the one magical day I'll start them.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 21, 2017

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

If we're doing this, then this would be everything I have on my sub list on pulllist:

DC: All-Star Batman, Batgirl (dropping in April), Batman, Batwoman, Blue Beetle (dropping in April), Cave Carson, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Doom Patrol, The Fall and Rise of Captain Atom, Gotham Academy: Second Semester, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps, Justice League of America, Justice League vs Suicide Squad (ended), Justice League/Power Rangers, Kamandi Challenge, Mother Panic, New Super-Man, Nightwing, Odyssey of the Amazons, Raven (ended), Shade, The Changing Girl, Super Sons, Superman, Teen Titans, Titans (dropping in April), Wild Storm

Marvel: Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider (not started), Cage! (ended), Carnage (ended), Elektra (about to start), Gamora, Hawkeye, Iron Fist (not started), Man-Thing (not started), Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, Nick Fury (not started), Nova, U.S.Avengers, Royals (not started), Spider-Man/Deadpool, Star Wars, Darth Maul, Doctor Aphra, Star-Lord, Thanos, Ultimates 2, Unstoppable Wasp, X-Men: Blue (not started), X-Men: Gold (not started)

Image: Black Magick (hiatus), Black Monday Murders (hiatus), Black Science, Curse Words, Deadly Class, East of West, I Hate Fairyland (hiatus), Lazarus, Manifest Destiny, Monstress, The Old Guard (not started), Saga (hiatus), Sex Criminals, Underwinter (not started), The Wicked + The Divine

IDW: Optimus Prime

Boom!: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Vertigo: Savage Things (not started)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Jesus look at you nerds with your disposable incomes. Here is my pull list

DC
All-Star Batman, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl (probably gonna drop), Suicide Squad, Cave Carson, Mother Panic, Justice League of America

Marvel
Spider-Man

Saga, Descender, Paper Girls, AD, Motor Crush

I do buy Valiant stuff in trades, and even for trades now I am going to depend on libraries from now on outside of certain titles (oh hey, my library just ordered a whole bunch of Rebirth titles)
Then there is booze, and if it wasn't for stupid easily accessible microbrews I would probably spend a lot less on booze (that is a lie but I would be drinking a lot less beer).

Now that there is a wedding to finance and plan I am looking to cut back even more on titles. Also new titles I get digitally and old titles I still buy floppies.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I am so down for a subs-wagging exhibition. Most comics $4 and up, I tend to wait for the next-month discount or much later Comixology sale.

DC: Green Lanterns, Hal Jordan & GLC, Batman, Batwoman, Red Hood, Clean Room, Unfollow, Flintstones
Edit: OH and all of Young Animal, they're on such a roll so far.

Marvel: A Year of Marvels (digital-first)

Image: Deadly Class, The Fix, Monstress, Sex Criminals, The Wicked + The Divine, Bitch Planet

Valiant: Generation Zero, Divinity III

Dark Horse: Black Hammer, Harrow County, Lady Killer (What's holding this up? Last issue was in November)

Oni: Would be Letter 44 but it's gone to poo poo in my opinion so I'm going to shout BANDETTE as another indie (Monkeybrain/Dark Horse) because it's consistently great

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Feb 21, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DC: Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Arrow, Super Sons, Supergirl, Superman, Teen Titans, Trinity, Wonder Woman (evens)

Marvel: All-New Wolverine, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Captain America: Steve Rogers, Champions, Deadpool, Deadpool & The Mercs For Money, Extraordinary X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy, Hawkeye, Infamous Iron Man, Jessica Jones, Moon Knight, Nova, Old Man Logan, Silk, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Spider-Man/Deadpool, Thanos, U.S.Avengers, Ultimates2, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny Inhumans, Unstoppable Wasp

Right now I'm reading way more Marvel and DC books than I have in years.

And as for non "Big 2" books, well a lot of these don't even come out some months.

Boom: Joyride, The Woods

IDW: Ghostbusters International, Micronauts, Rom

Image: Birthright, Drifter, East of West, Invisible Republic, Revival, The Fix (Books MIA: Copperhead, Lazarus, The Dying and The Dead)

Valiant: Everything

Archie: Archie, Josie & The Pussycats, Jughead

Oni: Letter 44

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Down with this 100%. My Cassandra is fight, and Ace would tear up Jason because he is a hardcore dog.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/ScottyLobdell/status/833778956339785728

Preach it Scott.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm sorry, but the canon pretty clearly shows that Ace is far smarter than Jason Todd.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You need to get in on that hashtag, D_T. Nobody else has used it yet.

Edit: 'DC Comics: #hoodiesbetrolled!' as a thread title has a nice ring to it.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 21, 2017

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

My single issue pulls are probably at a lower ebb now than at any point over the past 3 years. I dropped almost all of Marvel with the latest relaunch, and I rarely pull indy books in single issues any more because very few of them come out on a schedule regular enough that I can keep up with what is going on in them. Also, since I only started reading comics in the middle of The New 52, I've recently decided I want to spend more of my reading time and money going back and catching up on some of the more well-regarded or important stuff I missed from the past. I recently finished 52 and absolutely loved it, so I think next up will be more stuff from around that area of DC. Anyway:

DC: Batgirl, Batgirl & Birds of Prey, Batwoman, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corps, Justice League of America, Suicide Squad, Superman, Titans, Trinity

Marvel: Mighty Thor, Ms. Marvel. The only two Marvel books I couldn't do without.

Indy: Giant Days and all of Valiant except Faith.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Marvel Unlimited basically keeps me from buying Marvel books outside of the occasional mini (Cage). The last ongoing I tried was Jessica Jones but meh.

DC being super available keeps me from buying much DC - it feels like if I want DC books I just need to wait a few months for my shop to put their backstock on a massive sale. I was all in on Batman for rebirth but the Monster Men mini event killed my interest.

So I mostly end up buying indies. I think right now I'm pulling:

DC: the young animal books, Frostbite

Marvel: Nova because my son wanted it

Other: AD After Death, Green Valley, Curse Words, Black Hammer, Kill or Be Killed, Ether, Motro, Black Monday Murders, Birthright, Autumnlands, He-Man vs Thundercats, Mycroft Holmes, Divinity 3 & any Valiant one shots or minis

If Hickman or Brubaker start writing for the big 2 again I'll buy whatever they write.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Tom "Fake News" King and the failing MSM think Jason Todd isn't the strongest! SAD!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
My turn!!!

DC

Action Comics, Aquaman, Batman, Detective Comics, Hal Jordan and the GLC, Green Lanterns, Flash, Justice League, JLA, Trinity, Superman, Titans

Marvel

Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Captain America Steve Rogers, Nova

I've got a friend that has all the digital stuff for everything, so I just share his account and read a ton of other stuff on my Kindle. Keeps the bank account from going empty and the wife happy.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I only read a few comics and they're all DC at this point. Batman, detective, Superman, All Star Batman, Trinity, and I'm adding Batwoman and Super Sons now. I will eventually go back and catch up on Nightwing, Batgirl, and a few others. I like reading arcs all at once so that'll be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Sadly, budget concerns have forced me to pair down my pull list, which have affected DC more due to the number of bi-monthly titles.

DC
Batman, Batwoman, Wonder Woman, Gotham Academy, Doom Patrol

Marvel
Mighty Thor, Unworthy Thor, Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Gwenpool, USAvengers, Jessica Jones, Moon Knight, Star Lord, Hellcat