Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Looks like this thread has some growing up to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"The enemy of my enemy is apparently my friend" and "Hmm this guy is splitting hairs over definitions around the edges of pedophilia, better give him a fair hearing" are pretty shaky grounds for a statement of principle

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Phanatic posted:

The *actual Nazis* have been going after him for a while now:

http://www.salon.com/2016/09/29/alt-right-catfight-daily-stormer-wages-holy-crusade-on-breitbart-because-milo-yiannopoulos-is-part-jewish/

Irony: progressives doing the Nazis' work for them. Why am I defending him? Gee, maybe because if I find myself marching on the same side of an issue with people who literally want to send Jews into the ovens I should perhaps make sure this particular mob is the one I was looking to join up with.

In the same podcast that set this off he flat-out states that the age of consent laws that exist today are about right, and probably the right age. He wasn't defending kiddie-loving, he was (badly) defending meaningful relationships between older men and generationally younger boys. I dunno, as a gay man and sexual abuse survivor himself maybe he has some personal insight into that environment I lack, and maybe as a defender of progressive thought it behooves me to actually examine what he really meant with his statements. But nah, fuckit, I don't like the guy in the first place so let me just take my half-assed understanding and use the opportunity of an inartful turn of phrase to shut him down just like the Daily Stormer wants me to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgKGixi8bp8

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Garrand posted:

This all has been kind of interesting to watch unfold. It's clear there's a lot of more established conservatives that do not like Milo but he's been so good at trolling the left and useful as a gay spokesperson for free speech that they didn't really want to take a stand but now this thing has given them enough cover to try and get rid of him.

That's the best part of the schaden: Milo has been a pretty good troll for the GOP and has done a lot of stuff for them, and now thanks to a revealing podcast he's not even getting the basic defense of media tampering. No, it's basically 'gently caress you' and he's dropped without a second thought.

It gets better when Curt Schilling thought the media was just going after Milo and then realized he was backing a child molester defender:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/curt-schilling-defends-milo-yiannopoulos-apologizes-article-1.2977731

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
First they came for the nazis and I said nothing, because I was not a nazi.

Then they came for the pedophiles and I said nothing, because I was not a pedophile.

Then everyone mocked Phanatic, because what the gently caress dude?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

How do these people exist?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Milo is famous for being the ultimate troll, and this is his greatest gambit. Can he be a nazi, a jew, a NAMBLA activist and a gay rights activist all at the same time while also trolling himself? Not even pewdipie is his match anymore. Well done, buddy.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
People love balls.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Phanatic posted:

http://www.salon.com/2016/09/29/alt-right-catfight-daily-stormer-wages-holy-crusade-on-breitbart-because-milo-yiannopoulos-is-part-jewish/

Irony: progressives doing the Nazis' work for them. Why am I defending him? Gee, maybe because if I find myself marching on the same side of an issue with people who literally want to send Jews into the ovens I should perhaps make sure this particular mob is the one I was looking to join up with.

In the same podcast that set this off he flat-out states that the age of consent laws that exist today are about right, and probably the right age. He wasn't defending kiddie-loving, he was (badly) defending meaningful relationships between older men and generationally younger boys. I dunno, as a gay man and sexual abuse survivor himself maybe he has some personal insight into that environment I lack, and maybe as a defender of progressive thought it behooves me to actually examine what he really meant with his statements. But nah, fuckit, I don't like the guy in the first place so let me just take my half-assed understanding and use the opportunity of an inartful turn of phrase to shut him down just like the Daily Stormer wants me to.

I'm glad we have such an enlightened paragon of progressive ideals that you would defend the honor of someone who's justified acts of racism, misogyny, and even homophobia because some of the people he tried to pander to rejected him. :)

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Phanatic posted:

He explicitly talked about how straight men probably find 14-year-old girls hot as a direct analogy.

Dude was not talking about "generationally younger boys" of legal age, he was talking about children. You can read it as favourably as you like, dude, but that's on you.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Somfin posted:

He explicitly talked about how straight men probably find 14-year-old girls hot as a direct analogy.

Dude was not talking about "generationally younger boys" of legal age, he was talking about children. You can read it as favourably as you like, dude, but that's on you.

If Milo’s argument is that straight men are attracted to post‐pubescent and therefore breeding‐age (:barf:) youths, how can that be reconciled with homosexuality, which almost by definition involves attraction to people you cannot procreate with? 🤔

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Platystemon posted:

If Milo’s argument is that straight men are attracted to post‐pubescent and therefore breeding‐age (:barf:) youths, how can that be reconciled with homosexuality, which almost by definition involves attraction to people you cannot procreate with? 🤔

Something something ancient greeks

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Platystemon posted:

He's an aging gay white man who wants to gently caress teenagers and has to reconcile that with his GamerGate-bait sob story about how being abused by a priest as a teenager didn't do him any harm.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zokari posted:

How do these people exist?

I dunno if either of these are ballhawks, but there's a whole set of people who go to games for the sole purpose of getting balls.

http://deadspin.com/5309985/ballhawks-ruining-it-for-the-rest-of-us

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Apparently the woman in the second one lost her job because of this, but I've heard nothing to back it up other than people telling me.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Wasn't that lady on the news for that? Or am I dreaming for sweet actual schadenfreude?

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Professor of Cats posted:

Wasn't that lady on the news for that? Or am I dreaming for sweet actual schadenfreude?

She was. I remember seeing the news report on that on youtube, and then reading the comments (big mistake).

You really begin to sympathize with her once you've read paragraphs written by people who've never met her about how that BITCH SLUT deserves to GO TO HELL.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I hope some of that bile was saved for her friends who high fived her.

"Good job! You really owned stealing that ball out of the hands of a small child! Yeah!"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

I hope some of that bile was saved for her friends who high fived her.

"Good job! You really owned stealing that ball out of the hands of a small child! Yeah!"

Nice work Sweet Dee.

Looking like a Phillyraptor stealing an egg with your gross bird face there.

*sips wine from soda can*

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Stex T posted:

She was. I remember seeing the news report on that on youtube, and then reading the comments (big mistake).

You really begin to sympathize with her once you've read paragraphs written by people who've never met her about how that BITCH SLUT deserves to GO TO HELL.

Something about these tiny little offenses bothers me more than literal crime. That woman has made the world a worse place to live, and people like her need to be made an example of. And then I remember that it's a bad idea to make "Being a bad person" a crime.

Still, if I were Supreme Dictator, she'd get at least 5 years to think about her choices in life.

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

Phanatic posted:

This word salad is probably one of the stupidest things I've read this week. Milo is neither gay nor a sexual abuse survivor because he hates gays and survivors and trans and POC and so on. He is a predator and a sociopath with no conscience, and he is a colossal narcissist and simpleton. He includes the personal information of trans activists (i.e. "doxxes" them) in his public presentations so people can attack them. He puts them at risk. Who gives a flying faint gently caress if Stormfront hates him for being a Jew? He probably hates Jews too. This misguided unfocused doublespeak is just more fodder for his existence, when I would happily watch a loop of him being curbstomped on Liveleak for an hour or two. I love gay people, but holy gently caress do white gays have to check their loving baggage when it comes to trans and POC. Trans folk suffer proportionally far more violence and suicide than any population, and this sick subhuman sack of poo poo casually and consciously contributes to this. So shut the gently caress up about not calling him out because nazis don't like him. At least they have a cohesive message, unlike you - I know where they stand. You think standing up to Milo = supporting neo-Nazis - are you against hospitals, because neo-Nazis think hospitals should exist? You left your logic in the playground.

Everything bad that happens to Milo Yannopoploplis is good, and the worse it gets, the happier I am. Get cancer, Milo. And then deride people with cancer.

Huggybear has a new favorite as of 08:52 on Feb 21, 2017

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I can't tell if Phanatic believes:

a.) relationships between older men and 16-year-old or whatever boys is okay, because that's the age of consent (pro tip - that's not okay, that's still statutory rape and also super creepy)

b.) Milo doesn't believe (a) (even though that's what he said)

c.) something else???

I mean he started off kinda-sorta-not-really having a point with the word "Nazi" getting overused for people who are merely anti-feminist alt-right shitheads, but holy poo poo did that go off the rails.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Milo, on the Catholic Church:

quote:

The fact is that, pragmatically speaking, the Catholic Church has protected and harbored more gay people in history than any other institution. It welcomed them into the priesthood when they were being murdered by the state, and this happened for, in some cases, centuries in places like Ireland. The Catholic Church has always been somewhere that protected gays, even if it didn’t always approve of what they were up to at night.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory
Here's a good reminder scootyfroot:

Strom Thurmond, an entrenched old guard vote-for-me-poors-and-be-better-than-blacks, now-gently caress-you-I-got-mine, racist sack of poo poo who thought anyone who wasn't white was less than human, had children with his black housekeeper.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/05/us/south-carolina-thurmond-daughter-obit/

Now Phanatic has informed us all that Thurmond was not actually racist, because he hosed a black woman, after all!
Phanatic, how dare you steal all that frood from us?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Say, Phanatic, you ever hear about a guy called Ernst Rohm? I feel it would a piece of history you might find relevant to your... diatribe.

It's also a valid piece of schadenfreude in itself, from the country of origin, no less!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Phanatic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Aq-gm3An0&t=20s

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/EricThurm/status/833780657780322304

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Heh, 69. Nice one.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Huggybear posted:

This word salad is probably one of the stupidest things I've read this week. Milo is neither gay nor a sexual abuse survivor because he hates gays and survivors and trans and POC and so on. He is a predator and a sociopath with no conscience, and he is a colossal narcissist and simpleton. He includes the personal information of trans activists (i.e. "doxxes" them) in his public presentations so people can attack them. He puts them at risk. Who gives a flying faint gently caress if Stormfront hates him for being a Jew? He probably hates Jews too. This misguided unfocused doublespeak is just more fodder for his existence, when I would happily watch a loop of him being curbstomped on Liveleak for an hour or two. I love gay people, but holy gently caress do white gays have to check their loving baggage when it comes to trans and POC. Trans folk suffer proportionally far more violence and suicide than any population, and this sick subhuman sack of poo poo casually and consciously contributes to this. So shut the gently caress up about not calling him out because nazis don't like him. At least they have a cohesive message, unlike you - I know where they stand. You think standing up to Milo = supporting neo-Nazis - are you against hospitals, because neo-Nazis think hospitals should exist? You left your logic in the playground.

Everything bad that happens to Milo Yannopoploplis is good, and the worse it gets, the happier I am. Get cancer, Milo. And then deride people with cancer.

At this point, I'm reading his posts as though he's basically this guy:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The fruede is on me, I can't read it :smith:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Knormal posted:

You can't embed MP4 videos, or at least you only can from certain hosts. And unless you're Drew Toothpaste or Natalie Dee you shouldn't be embedding a video on marriedtothesea.com anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5p0gqCIEa8
There.

I literally cannot stop laughing at this.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Get this: I agree with Phanatic, and I think he's right.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Wizard Master posted:

Get this: I agree with Phanatic, and I think he's right.

Well, I propose this in turn: I disagree with Phanatic, and I know he's wrong.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Er. I thought the original point about diluting the term "nazi" was sound, but wtf happened after that?

It's possible for someone to be a vile, bigoted demagogue without them also being a white supremacist who thinks Hitler was right and wants to genocide everyone who isn't a straight white person. Like, there's a spectrum of horribleness where maybe being afraid of black people is at one end and wanting to genocide them and heil der fuhrer is the other. Both racist, but to different degrees. I do think it diminishes the impact and meaning of the term "nazi" if you're not talking about violent extremists, considering just how loving bad the nazis were. Cf. Godwin's Law.

I mean, unless Spencer and Milo actually do want totalitarian leadership and genocide and all that; idk. In which case carry on!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Spencer actually did suggest killing all black people. Milo is just an rear end in a top hat, because he only makes people's lives more dangerous indirectly.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
This has probably already been posted but i'll chuck it in anyway.

http://www.houstonpress.com/music/performance-art-gone-awry-raises-a-big-stink-at-avantgarden-9214165

“Because it stunk so badly, we closed too early for a Friday night. There was no way to continue on with the charity event,” Lemesoff laments.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

du -hast posted:

I literally cannot stop laughing at this.

The best is the kid going "ok" after Alexa says porn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I'm waiting for Milo's inevitable Puppetmaster Defense. As in, "I'm not even gay. I was just trying to prove how gays are all pedophiles! Checkmate, lieberals!" I'm not even going to get into how stupid and dangerous he is because plenty of people have already done that. I just hope that he gets hit by a bus ASAP so the media can stop talking about him soon thereafter.

RIP Phantic. He died on Pedo Hill so we could have our freedom. :patriot: :rip: :911: