Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

What's the first letter in that onomatopoeia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Samovar posted:

What's the first letter in that onomatopoeia?

I *think* it's written from top to down, so it'd be SZZZZ. Though my first attempt parsed it as ?NNNN.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Just read this entire thread front to back at work over the past two days. I love it. I love every second of it. Reading all these edits like :bravo:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Mover posted:

That's probably the Kree equivalent of holding the gun sideways when you shoot it

Ronan is O.G. (origins: galactic).

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I unironically appreciate the comic timing of this one.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
When I look at that second panel I just hear the Mario jumping sound effect.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Panel 1 MJ is supposed to be climbing the side of that crater... but I can't not see her as doing some kind of jig.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Elfface posted:

Panel 1 MJ is supposed to be climbing the side of that crater... but I can't not see her as doing some kind of jig.

It really looks like she's waving her hands in the air like she just don't care while there's a mountain off in the background somewhere.

EDIT: "Once again, my Sentry summoning dance is successful. The eternal cycle continues."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Elfface posted:

Haha yeah I only just realized she was meant to be climbing it and not doing the "I gotta pee!" dance.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I finally got around to watching GotG and now I'm reading Ronan and Rocket in their movie voices and it's even better than before.

This is the best comic :allears:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Great, now I'm going to read all of Ronan's dialogue in the voice of Rockhead Rumple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSyvr_y1nRw&t=187s

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spidey vs crippling self doubt.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Yikes, the colorist just :effort: there in the third panel.

jfenserty
Jul 16, 2008
Rocket's not even a quadruped Ronan come on. He walks around on two legs all the time.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

:jiggled:

:jiggled:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The webbing isn't even tying his arms down.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

Spidey vs crippling self doubt.
But...Rocket's not a quadruped. He clearly walks on two legs.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

But...Rocket's not a quadruped. He clearly walks on two legs.

It's probably like calling a human an "ape".

Hugh Jackman was asked why Wolverine never wore his comic book costume in the movies (emphasis mine):

quote:

I always feel a certain contingent of fans who are yearning for it. But the biggest block I've had -- I'm willing to take the heat for it -- is that, I can never get past, being a writer for these movies as well, that Logan is the least narcissistic of all the superheroes, any kind I can think of -- Marvel, DC or anywhere else. What I mean by that is, who puts a special branded outfit on when they do good deeds? And why? The only reason you do it is so you can have some sort of trademarked claim and get credit for what you did. Nothing seems less Wolverine-like than the desire to put on a trademarked outfit , particularly canary yellow, and kind of prance about doing good deeds and have people go, 'Oh my God! It's The Wolverine!' At least the Wolverine, as I see him. That's a real struggle for me, and always has been. I somehow feel that if somehow we ever put Hugh [Jackman] into one of those outfits, people would not be happy. Essentially, it's something that lives on the page and I'm not sure could live anywhere else.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

The MSJ posted:

Hugh Jackman was asked why Wolverine never wore his comic book costume in the movies (emphasis mine):

Smart guy. "Least Narcissistic Superhero" may be one of the least insufferable angles on the character.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's a lot of words to say "I don't wanna dress up in a stupid costume".

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

The MSJ posted:

They actually featured the comic book suit in a deleted scene in The Wolverine. Admittedly it was in a briefcase given to him as a gift, and not him wearing it. But it is out there.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

You say that, but the Weapon-X kit they put him in during Apocalypse was pretty stupid looking.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Now add Ronan from today's third panel, and Prancing Spidey from that Logan strip, so we can have a real dance party!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

notthegoatseguy posted:

They actually featured the comic book suit in a deleted scene in The Wolverine. Admittedly it was in a briefcase given to him as a gift, and not him wearing it. But it is out there.

I dont mean to be pedantic but it was an alternate ending rather than a deleted scene. Fan wankery if you will. Personally I liked it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I remember the very first X-men movie. Wolverine gets an X-men uniform like the ones the others are wearing, leather jacket and stuff, and basically goes "This thing's dumb and stupid" and Cyclops fires back "What would you like instead? Yellow spandex?" or something like that.

I should rewatch the X-men movies to see if they still hold up as well today :allears:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Actually it was director James Mangold saying that, not Jackman. The Wolverine was his movie too, so he probably did consider giving Wolverine a costume.

It's too bad that Newspaper Spider-Man is not too distinct from the main comic book character in appearance, because I really want a Marvel Legends figure of him. Maybe Marvel can make one of Big Gay Logan, Big Time and of course Clown 9. The BAF guy could be Iron Jonah.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

To make a Marvel Legends figure of Newspaper Spider-man, you just take a regular Spider-man figure, color it slightly wrong, and add a brick bouncing off his head.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

"I've always wondered, how do you write Newspaper Spider-Man so well?"

"It's easy: I think of Spider-Man, and I subtract power and responsibility."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Really forward thinking of the Kree to include a city that didn't exist yet as the sole target of its programming.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SilverSupernova posted:

Really forward thinking of the Kree to include a city that didn't exist yet as the sole target of its programming.

Well they don't call it the Supreme Intelligence for nothing!

Oh God please let the Supreme Intelligence show up in this story at some point

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Does Newspaper Spider-Man not have super-strength, or is he too dumb to remember all his super powers and he's just forgotten he can do things other than shoot webs? It's the latter, of course, why am I even asking.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ronan's a lot stronger and more durable than spider-man. it'd be like punching the hulk or something

probably giving them too much credit on that tho

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The Sentry is going to arrive and decide someone already destroyed Albuquerque.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Well they don't call it the Supreme Intelligence for nothing!

Oh God please let the Supreme Intelligence show up in this story at some point

It's actually just some average guy called Steve but being of average intelligence in NSM World automatically makes him the smartest thing ever to exist

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Spidey looks rather lost on this one. I look forward to whatever deus ex machina is going to stop both the sentry and Ronan.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
The strip takes a turn for the dark as the sentry just burns Albuquerque and its inhabitants.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Albuquerque isn't anywhere near a forest. Immersion ruined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Clearly this is your first encounter with Newspaper Albuquerque.

• Locked thread