Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

PAL update (week of February 23):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    forma.8 - €14.99/£13.49 (€12.49/£11.29 until March 23 for people who downloaded the Nindies @ Home demo)
    Vaccine - €9.99/£8.99
    Wall Ball - €1.49/£1.39

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Harvest Moon 64 (N64) - €9.99/£8.99

WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Citadale - €2.50/£2.24 (March 2)
    Mortar Melon - €2.50/£2.24 (March 2)
    Plenty of Fishies - €2.50/£2.24 (March 2)
    Rorrim - €2.50/£2.24 (March 2)
    Pinball Breakout - €5.00/£4.00 (March 2)
    Steel Rivals - €5.00/£4.00 (March 2)
    Shadow Puppeteer - €10.49/£9.44 (March 2)
    Super Destronaut 2: Go Duck Yourself - €1.59/£1.43 (March 2)
    ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimensions! - €1.04/£0.83 (March 2)
    Hot Rod Racer - €0.69/£0.62 (March 2)
    Epic Dumpster Bear - €3.24/£2.49 (March 8)
    Grand Prix Rock ‘N Racing - €4.95/£4.45 (March 9)
    Trine Enchanted Edition - €6.49/£5.49 (March 9)
    Trine 2: Director’s Cut - €8.49/£6.99 (March 9)
    Jones on Fire - €4.79/£3.67 (March 9)
    Queen’s Garden - €5.59/£4.39 (March 9)
    Defense Dome - €0.89/£0.83 (March 9)
    Scribble - €2.69/£2.69 (March 16)
    Rock ‘N Racing Off Road DX - €4.95/£4.45 (March 16)
    99 Moves - €1.24/£1.14 (March 16)
    Abyss - €0.99/£0.89 (March 16)
    Double Breakout - €5.00/£4.00 (March 16)
    Soul Axiom - €5.99/£4.79 (March 16)
    Frag doch mal…die Maus! - €7.99/£? (March 23)
    360 Breakout - €5.00/£4.00 (March 23)
    Gravity Badgers - €0.99/£0.99 (March 23)
    Infinity Runner - €2.59/£2.35 (March 23)
    Master Reboot - €6.39/£4.79 (March 23)

3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Swapdoodle
  • Dollo’s 【Nintendo Switch】 Doodles - Free
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time #2 - €2.99/£2.69
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker #2 - €2.99/£2.69

3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Crollors Game Pack - €0.99/£0.93 (March 2)
    Pixel Paint - €2.99/£2.99 (March 2)
    Monster Hunter Generations - €29.99/£26.76 (March 2)
    Chain Blaster - €3.99/£3.35 (March 2)
    Jump Trials Supreme - €3.99/£3.35 (March 2)
    Undead Bowling - €5.59/£3.99 (March 2)
    Coaster Creator 3D - €5.99/£4.95 (March 9)
    Cube Creator 3D - €6.25/£4.25 (March 9)
    Brunch Panic - €1.99/£1.99 (March 9)
    Castle Conqueror EX - €1.99/£1.99 (March 9)
    Demon King Box - €1.99/£1.99 (March 9)
    Sweet Memories Blackjack - €1.99/£1.99 (March 9)
    Swords & Soldiers 3D - €3.49/£3.44 (March 9)
    World Conqueror 3D - €2.49/£2.44 (March 9)
    Epic Word Search Collection - €5.99/£4.49 (March 9)
    Epic Word Search Collection 2 - €5.99/£4.49 (March 9)
    3D MahJongg - €3.99/£3.59 (March 9)
    Gardenscapes - €6.39/£4.79 (March 9)
    Murder on the Titanic - €6.39/£4.79 (March 9)
    Safari Quest - €5.59/£3.99 (March 9)
    Darts Up 3D - €1.49/£1.34 (March 16)
    Football Up 3D - €1.97/£1.55 (March 16)
    Rytmik Ultimate - €9.99/£9.59 (March 16)
    The Keep - €5.99/£5.39 (March 16)
    Adventure Bar Story - €3.99/£3.91 (March 17)
    Adventure Labyrinth Story - €3.99/£3.59 (March 17)
    Conveni Dream - €3.99/£3.59 (March 17)
    Kingdom’s Item Shop - €3.99/£3.83 (March 17)
    Mercenaries Saga 2 - €3.99/£3.91 (March 17)
    Parascientific Escape Cruise in the Distant Seas - €3.99/£3.19 (March 17)

Harvest Moon 64! Natsume previously said that it couldn't be done. I guess they've just proven themselves wrong.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

irlZaphod posted:

PAL update (week of February 23):

Harvest Moon 64! Natsume previously said that it couldn't be done. I guess they've just proved themselves wrong.

Would whoever damned an innocent's soul to make that possible please step forward and share the instructions for doing so?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You pretty much have to steal a baby.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Would whoever damned an innocent's soul to make that possible please step forward and share the instructions for doing so?

If that doesn't come to North America pretty blood quick I am going to have to put a saucepan on my head and conquer Europe with nothing but a wooden spoon and a fully justified sense of outrage.

I'm still rebuying Stardew Valley on Switch either way.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ogre Battle 64 and HM64 consecutively released for VC, jesus. Ironic two of the most-wanted N64 games come to the WiiU just weeks before Switch releases. Hopefully the VC situation (and transfers) are better on Switch because idk what the gently caress Nintendo was thinking with the WiiU VC launch schedule.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MinibarMatchman posted:

Ogre Battle 64 and HM64 consecutively released for VC, jesus. Ironic two of the most-wanted N64 games come to the WiiU just weeks before Switch releases. Hopefully the VC situation (and transfers) are better on Switch because idk what the gently caress Nintendo was thinking with the WiiU VC launch schedule.

WiiU VC never did get Sega Genesis games did it?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Rirse posted:

Nope, Sega wasn't interested in doing Wii U VC.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

Yeah pretty much this. Give me those games on the switch VC and I'm gonna be in heaven.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Holy poo poo, I've been wanting to play HM64 again ever since I stupidly traded it in for some Dreamcast game.

Rirse posted:

No but it has a small but decent selection of TG16 games now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rirse posted:

Japan DID get all the Sonic Advance games though. Sega games existed but I don't think they ever bothered to put them on the NA/EU.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Feels like a lot of the VC releases for the NA WiiU. Japan got almost all the Final Fantasy games, and all we got was Tactics Advance.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Hell yes

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm going to push the start hard.

I hope the emulation is up to the normal VC standard. I could never get the game running right on any PC emulator.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 20, 2017

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

If you don't still own your copies of SNES and N64 harvest moon, I don't know what to say to you :colbert:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Why would anyone play HM64 when BTN exists?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I still own my copy of the SNES one.:whatup:

zenintrude posted:

Why would anyone play HM64 when BTN exists?

Why would anyone play BTN when FOMT exists?

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
why would anyone play FOMT when-

ok you get the point

they're all slightly different though and IMO all good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rirse posted:

Feels like a lot of the VC releases for the NA WiiU. Japan got almost all the Final Fantasy games, and all we got was Tactics Advance.

It's been a kind of surprising push for VC the last month or so, especially considering they're launching a new console in a week. which makes me secretly hoping they're primed to drop a "and all your VC titles will carry forward!" bombshell

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

In Training posted:

It's been a kind of surprising push for VC the last month or so, especially considering they're launching a new console in a week. which makes me secretly hoping they're primed to drop a "and all your VC titles will carry forward!" bombshell

They said nothing about what the VC on the Switch is beyond "it might have GC support"?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rirse posted:

They said nothing about what the VC on the Switch is beyond "it might have GC support"?

Yeah, we don't even know if SMB1 or anything will be on it at launch and it comes out in less than two weeks.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Hey I finally bought a Wii U yesterday

Where?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, we don't even know if SMB1 or anything will be on it at launch and it comes out in less than two weeks.

Remember how it took them until after releasing SMB2 to put SMB1 on the eShop? Or how they delayed the release of SMB3 as some special event and still managed to fail at releasing it when they said they would?

Good Times.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Rirse posted:

You can get some of the best genesis games on 3DS and in stereoscopic 3D

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Remember how it took them until after releasing SMB2 to put SMB1 on the eShop? Or how they delayed the release of SMB3 as some special event and still managed to fail at releasing it when they said they would?

Good Times.

Dunno, Europe got SMB3 at exactly the announced time.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

In case anyone missed it, Nintendo rolled out an update to Nintendo Account in the past day or two. There are a few features added, most importantly you can set a "userid" on your account. They have to be unique, you can use it to login to your Nintendo account (like using NNID to do so), and it defaults to lower case. At the moment you can change it for free, also. So if you want to secure 420GokuFan69 please do so.

https://accounts.nintendo.com/

There's also stuff related to parental controls for the Switch and such. You can also create Child accounts for your horrible little children, and it looks like you can link an existing Nintendo account as a Child account.

All this stuff only applies to the Switch btw. The 3DS and WiiU parental controls are still set on the systems themselves.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gumtree lol. Gave up waiting for it to ever hit a sane price new

Gar
May 13, 2005
I got the Playstation but I still play the Sega
Is there any reason to believe my eShop wallet balance wouldn't transfer from Wii U to Switch?

It's all the Network ID, right?

Sorry if this is a dumb question or has been discussed already.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's in the NNID, yeah.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They transfer between 3DS and Wii U so I would think so. Hasn't been confirmed yet though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Do we know anything about what offerings will be on the Switch?
I assume everything that isn't dual screen could be viable and if so, I am going to fill up the ~200GB pretty quick!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

They haven't yet released any information about Virtual Console, or much about the eShop really, which is worrying. They are still pushing digital stuff a lot (despite the relatively low base storage on the Switch). Apparently M2 (who worked on the NES Classic and the Sega 3D Classics) are overseeing the Virtual Console now though so that may be good news. The bad news, really, is that it's reasonable to assume that we'll all be starting from scratch with the Switch (i.e. you'll have to rebuy Super Mario Bros and everything else, again, but likely with a discount as with the WiiU, and they're going to release everything on a very slow drip).

There doesn't seem to be a System Transfer, but some info which they've put up seems to indicate that provided you have your purchases linked to your NNID, and have the NNID linked to your Nintendo Account, when you login to the Switch with that account it'll be able to access your licences for past digital purchases. However I don't think it'll support logging into multiple Switches.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

if they think im buyin smb3 again on another console they are kidding. fool me once, shame you. fool me five or six times, shame on me

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I will buy SMB3 another time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've only ever bought SMB3 once, on the SNES.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

My first Nintendo system was the Wii so I've only ever bought it once I think.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe there'll be some kind of discount discount for Switch VC games you already bought on Wii U that you already bought on Wii

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I genuinely think that's worst case scenario, as I mentioned above. Along with slow drip of NES/SNES/N64 titles. Although I doubt you'll get any discount if you bought them on Wii but didn't ever System Transfer to a WiiU. The infrastructure is too different. I do hope with the Switch that we'll be seeing more of a move towards a more modern (and consumer-friendly) environment. I mean, even in terms of Nintendo (or M2 or whoever) having to re-re-re-package SMB3 for the Switch. It would be better for them if were able to release a new system and have all the VC stuff from the previous system "just work" on it.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
If rumors turn out to be true and they release Super Mario Sunshine, that's the only VC title I'll need.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I had Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES. I still have it.

It was probably on the Animal Crossing GameCube disc, which I also had.

I also have Super Mario Advance 4.

And then I bought it on the Wii Virtual Console.

And then I also got it on the Mario All Stars Wii disc.

And then I got it on the Wii U Virtual Console.

And then I got it again on the Wii U Virtual Console with the VC edition of the Super Mario Advance 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fremry posted:

If rumors turn out to be true and they release Super Mario Sunshine, that's the only VC title I'll need.

That is most definitely not coming unless they start turning out Wavebird controllers. The Switch's triggers are digital.