Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I guess my only question is if it's fun at all, and if it has a decent amount of content or not. Or any sort of unique gimmick to set it apart from other entries (like dream log and adventure mode)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ImpAtom posted:

The full review copies are out. I mean I can try to answer any questions you have but they amount to "it is 100% generic musou with some violence and a minor change to Musou/Special moves."

What is generic musou mean, because there's been a range of it .Especially with IP titles. Is it closer to DW or is it more unique like one piece or hyrule warriors?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah when I think "Generic Musou" my immediate thought is Arslan so is it on par with that or better?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, does it have any original modes or is it like Arslan Warriors with only Story and Free Battle?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
It's pretty insane they decided to add three furry characters no one wanted over any number of characters they could have ported

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's very much in the vein of the anime spinoffs. Very ground focused with dash-cancels and such. The big gimmick is that rather than a musou attack you have a "Frenzy Mode" where you are basically an unstoppable death machine who goresplodes everything you hit and killing things in THAT mode lets you use a musou attack. That's about it, beyond a couple of characters being able to transform while in Frenzy mode.

I don't think it has a very good amount of content. It has like... 8 characters, none of whom are as distinctive as One Piece or Hyrule Warriors characters and some of whom are kind of bizarre adds. (Did anyone really want "Rape Ape Who Gets Stabbed In The Dick" as one of your 8 characters?) You have a fairly involved story mode and then Free Mode and Endless Eclipse which is just basically a gussied-up survival mode.

It's nowhere as bad as Ken's Rage or anything, it just feels completely standard and unremarkable, like they were coasting on the strength of the license and nothing else.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 20, 2017

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

That's a shame. Probably won't get it tomorrow then.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
No Skull Knight no buy

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

am i the only one concerned that apparently the yukimaru musou has sneaking missions. in a drat musou??

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Davincie posted:

am i the only one concerned that apparently the yukimaru musou has sneaking missions. in a drat musou??

DW8E had them, they worked ok I guess.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
If I've played (and loved the gently caress out of) Fate/stay night, but I've never actually touched Fate/Extra, is the Fate/Extra warriors game worth a look? More importantly, is it on PC?

e: also, since it's relevant, is Berserk Musou gonna be worth it if I'm okay with this series on the whole and a loving huge Berserk fan? I've been extremely hype for this ever since they said it was happening, so I wanna know if I should temper my hype.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 21, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

If I've played (and loved the gently caress out of) Fate/stay night, but I've never actually touched Fate/Extra, is the Fate/Extra warriors game worth a look? More importantly, is it on PC?

I'd say no. I mean you can probably grasp the concepts and such but it relies at least somewhat on knowledge of who the hell all these people are.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ImpAtom posted:

I'd say no. I mean you can probably grasp the concepts and such but it relies at least somewhat on knowledge of who the hell all these people are.

I mean, I've heard that all the F/sn Servants are still kicking around in Extra, so if I can play as EMIYA or Arturia that'll at least give me something to latch on to. If there's literally nobody from /sn though I'll probably pass.

e: and it's PS4/Vita only anyways so it's a moot point. :v:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

It's pretty insane they decided to add three furry characters no one wanted over any number of characters they could have ported

Perhaps dlc can bring us a Tecmo Bowl man.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I voted, in Japanese even, for Bo Jackson and didn't get him. Musou Stars can gently caress right off.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Well. He's still alive, I understand. I imagine they don't want the hassle of negotiating the use of him or a 'knock-off'.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

yeah I also voted in Japanese for Bo. Even knowing in my heart that it was never going to happen, it hurts

Bo is the truest tecmo star

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGgPzt7RhZU

William trailer. They apparently translated his single katana moveset as the basis of his Musou moveset and that's cool.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

No kidding. Out of all the possible koei or tecmo games they could have drawn from, they decide to take a hard left turn into lovely furry OCs? Guess they did me a solid and saved me the cash.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

Davincie posted:

There's only the one in the story, though it is awful. At one point I lost because the map didn't update the location of a sentry properly and he seemingly warped on top of me. There are a few other missions where there are the sentries that you can kill, they're easy enough.

Still, the main problem I have is just how many instant fail conditions the game ends up springing on you halfway through missions. And it's not just people dying or getting to the edge of the map, it's stuff like characters meeting up.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
If the mandatory uninteresting OCs in a crossover is what put you off the game then you probably weren't that interested in the first place imo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

When Warriors games have original characters in their licensed stuff they're usually pretty good (DQH and Hyrule Warriors)

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

The DQ Heroes crew owned bones for sure, and Cia and Lana were alright, but the license stuff is a more focused story environment even with crossover stuff happening. Like look at WO in comparison and see how the scale there is basically Da Ji, Orochi, and then everyone else is basically the residents of Who-Gives-A-poo poo-opolis. There was always gonna be OCs since thats the nature of this stuff, and there probably wasn't a point in development where they had to cut someone because the wolf boy exists.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The GIG posted:

The DQ Heroes crew owned bones for sure, and Cia and Lana were alright, but the license stuff is a more focused story environment even with crossover stuff happening. Like look at WO in comparison and see how the scale there is basically Da Ji, Orochi, and then everyone else is basically the residents of Who-Gives-A-poo poo-opolis. There was always gonna be OCs since thats the nature of this stuff, and there probably wasn't a point in development where they had to cut someone because the wolf boy exists.

I want a game where I can use both Da Ji and Cia.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Oh okay, didn't know they had unlimited development time and budget and no deadlines so they could just go around making furries. Time to come up with a name for my fursona now

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I hope the oc for fire emblem is just shareena

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Ofcourse I have to work overtime the day i'm getting berserk.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I'm hoping it's a humanoid with pegasus features

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Oh okay, didn't know they had unlimited development time and budget and no deadlines so they could just go around making furries. Time to come up with a name for my fursona now

I mean that's not even remotely what I said but sure whatever helps you through your day.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Realistically, if the OCs weren't there, then the only thing that would change is that maybe they would ship the game earlier and the roster would just be three characters less than what it is now.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Hmm or maybe the OCs could be non furries but what do I know about these companies games

Who could forget the great musou classic Dynasty Warriors 3x: The Furrys of Red Yiffs

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

It's 2017 who gives a poo poo about furries.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Hmm or maybe the OCs could be non furries but what do I know about these companies games

Who could forget the great musou classic Dynasty Warriors 3x: The Furrys of Red Yiffs

It was cool with Zhuge Lion changed the direction of the winds and made Sow Sow retreat.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

This is my fursona Sir Bearry Fairinton btw, what's yours

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Takoluka posted:

It was cool with Zhuge Lion changed the direction of the winds and made Sow Sow retreat.

My favorite level was the one where you purrsuit Lu Bu

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

This is my fursona Sir Bearry Fairinton btw, what's yours

what the gently caress

that's not a raccoon

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon by day, a steampunk detective ancient chinese warlord by night

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

A man walks into a Gamestop to pick up a game. He sees a case with a bunch of dudes from games he's heard of. A clerk sees him and screams "Stop! That has some furries in it!" but it's too late. The man's arm grows a glove with badly painted on scales that soon stretch to cover his body. It's a skink suit. Nearby a child wails as his mother hurries to cover his eyes. A group of girls vomit all at once. A guy falls down and passes away due to a heart attack. He was only 31. The clerk sobs helplessly. If only she had warned him sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Dang, I pre-ordered the Berserk game so it's a shame to hear about a sort of tepid reaction. Well, hopefully it'll still be fun to play.