Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

http://rologeass.tumblr.com/post/157521463826/first-look-and-notes-at-early-copy-of-nier

There's some spoiler free pics of someone's disk copy here and they have a little info. Note that people can put text in their notes so it can't always be guaranteed to be spoiler free to click this page.

They posted this information with it.

Basically, the day one patch is vital.

That is the Yoko Taro-est thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Fast travel is exist

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That page updated to say they don't know the patch size but I haven't edited my quote yet.

As much as I'd like to attribute it to Taro, I'm pretty sure it's just a nasty bug.

e: Edited it now.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Feb 21, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Steam release 10th of March! (Same day EU, couple of days after PS4 USA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e41x8VPQVMw

Take warning though, the version of this trailer on Square's official account does not mention this date and neither does a piece of PR released by them today...

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 21, 2017

MisterSithums
Oct 20, 2010

Maybe hes roleplaying robocop.

Take warning though, the version of this trailer on Square's official account does not mention this date and neither does a piece of PR released by them today...

Quite possibly one of the weirdest marketing campaigns for a game that's coming out on two platforms. At this point I expect post-PC launch material to still exclude the fact its on Steam.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The trailer with the Steam date is the one you can get from Square's press site if you have credentials even though they didn't upload that one to YouTube themselves.

They've hosed everything up about this but we're reaching the light at the end of the tunnel on this PC launch debacle it seems.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad it's only 3 days after the PS4 release. I think I can hold out that long.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
The behind the scenes bit for that T-Shirt thing is amazing.

https://twitter.com/NeilGortz/status/833651803334000641

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
March 10th? When the gently caress did SE learn how to do nearly simultaneous PC releases? (and where's my PC FFXV dammit)

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Hey, that trailer's music hits the same musical beats/melody as Song of the Ancients! That's a nice thing to hear. I really notice it at the 30 - 40 second mark.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not nearly simultaneous, it is simultaneous. It's just sim for the EU market zone instead of the US one.

my cat is norris posted:

Hey, that trailer's music hits the same musical beats/melody as Song of the Ancients! That's a nice thing to hear. I really notice it at the 30 - 40 second mark.

Yeah, the boss music in the demo has it swell in and out. It's a nice leit motif to have. Maybe the best one.

Unless we get the Yonah one as well... that one might be the best one.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's not nearly simultaneous, it is simultaneous. It's just sim for the EU market zone instead of the US one.

Finally some justice in this world.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Should have been worldwide though :argh:

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
I wouldn't bet on that release date being final. SE uploading the same trailer without mentioning PC release date at all makes me think that the other one was a previous version.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I watched the video and it said Mar 10 PC at the end.

Edit: oh, the one on square's site doesn't? I misunderstood.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Automata apparently has hidden items you can find through hearing high frequency sounds when you are near them, you know the kind only kids and dogs can hear.

The absolute madman.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

a kitten posted:

I watched the video and it said Mar 10 PC at the end.

Edit: oh, the one on square's site doesn't? I misunderstood.

The one square put out to the internet on youtube doesn't. The one on square's press kit website does.

Who knows.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Monomythian posted:

Automata apparently has hidden items you can find through hearing high frequency sounds when you are near them, you know the kind only kids and dogs can hear.

The absolute madman.
I loving love it.

I haven't played Nier or any other Taro Yoko game, but i might actually pre-order this (which would make it the second pre-order of my life) for PC if i ever get the chance. Even if i don't really have the time to actually play it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Monomythian posted:

The absolute madman.
Holy poo poo, finally being driven insane by various electronic equipment at work that my older coworkers can't hear is going to pay off :smuggo:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Monomythian posted:

The absolute madman.

That is some high tier trolling of his older fans, holy poo poo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He says there's a way to detect them even without it too.

Knowing him, it'll probably flash on the screen "HEY, OLD FOGIE, YOU ARE GOING TO DIE SOON!" or something.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I hope not.

18+ kHz supremacy :smuggo:

(i can't actually hear 18+ anymore)

edit: if you wanna try yourself: http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/can-you-hear-this-hearing-test/

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Monomythian posted:

The absolute madman.

That's amazing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

HenryEx posted:

Same :smith:

Best go get the slippers and blanket.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Monomythian posted:

The absolute madman.
This is some Itoi Shigesato madness.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/917/battle-trailer-introduces-nier-automatas-main-weapon-types

Square-Enix have removed the trailer with the PC date from the press site.

So, basically, back to square zero I guess.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 21, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

HenryEx posted:

I hope not.

edit: if you wanna try yourself: http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/can-you-hear-this-hearing-test/
Jesus, I can't even hear fifteen, much less eighteen. Too much loud music, the kids these days, my lawn...

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

HenryEx posted:

I hope not.

Goddamit I can hear 22 fml no wonder. I have to put phone chargers and stuff in the other room because I can hear them when I go to sleep. I'm 30 too...when will the madness end T_T

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Jesus, I can't even hear fifteen, much less eighteen. Too much loud music, the kids these days, my lawn...

Well, CD quality music has a sample rate chosen (by a digital standard from 1980) to allow a reasonable resolution up to 22 kHz, so

sorry, you lost 35% of your hearing ability already, you're getting old as gently caress

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Monomythian posted:

The absolute madman.

Oh bother, I've had tinnitus for a while so I already get those occasional "wait, is that sound coming from inside or outside my head" moments and now this videogames man is accessorizing it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

Oh bother, I've had tinnitus for a while so I already get those occasional "wait, is that sound coming from inside or outside my head" moments and now this videogames man is accessorizing it.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Square-Enix have removed the trailer with the PC date from the press site.

So, basically, back to square zero I guess.

You mean, back to square Enix, right?

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Oxxidation posted:

I'M NOT ALONE! I swear to god if it's the same frequency as my tinnitus I will scream. And send Yoko Taro a recording of my scream.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I can only hear up to 16 kHz :(

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Jack Trades posted:

I can only hear up to 16 kHz :(

same

The day that my hearing stops working will be the day I die.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I could hear 17, couldn't hear 18 or 19, but I could hear 20. What the gently caress?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

InfinityComplex posted:

same

The day that my hearing stops working will be the day I die.

:same:, probably.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This is the best derail, by the way, even if it's revealing how horribly crippled for life I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This is the best derail, by the way, even if it's revealing how horribly crippled for life I am.

Try not to think about how little by little, your eyesight is surely getting worse and looking at computer screens for almost everything nowadays doesn't help!