Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Poetic Justice posted:

I'm going to let you guys in on a secret. The "alt-right" really doesn't exist like you think it does. It's a boogyman. It's a troll. It's irrelevant.

this is why i always tend to say """"alt right"""" tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Ape Fist posted:

this is why i always tend to say """"alt right"""" tbh

I actually noticed that, that's why I thought the need to bring it up for other people. You seem very level headed, imo.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Poetic Justice posted:

I actually noticed that, that's why I thought the need to bring it up for other people. You seem very level headed, imo.

lets kiss

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Ape Fist posted:

lets kiss

I'm too tired for a funny or interesting response, so my answer is "yes, absolutely"

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
and they lived happily ever after

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if you dont adulate trump youre a fucken HILLERY SUPPORTER aka loser aka criminal aka dogshit

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Space Crabs posted:

or craziness transcends political affiliations and you can't generalize your pet causes or the causes you are against based on the attributes of each individual 0.0000000000000000001% you drag under a microscope

Ok, now imagine that one crazy individual 0.0000000000000000001% gets elected president

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 21, 2017

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

If people wanted to read other forums, they would read other forums. Please stop.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
there is no safe space from Truth

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
haha the trumpers are uncomfortable with the crazy they tacitly support being thrown in their face

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Poetic Justice posted:

I'm going to let you guys in on a secret. The "alt-right" really doesn't exist like you think it does. It's a boogyman. It's a troll. It's irrelevant.

wrong, actually, they are legion because they are many

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

haha the trumpers are uncomfortable with the crazy they tacitly support being thrown in their face

Let me pull some D&D posts (especially from their "chat thread"). Preview: don't talk to your family if they have the wrong opinion, my friends are idiot MAGA shills and I'm smarter than everyone else, the United States should have sent millions to be slaughtered on the beaches of Japan, etc. I could only take so much echo chamber

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not even a Trump voter I just think the Democratic Party has gone to absolute poo poo.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

GREAT SATAN posted:

Let me pull some D&D posts (especially from their "chat thread"). Preview: don't talk to your family if they have the wrong opinion, my friends are idiot MAGA shills and I'm smarter than everyone else, the United States should have sent millions to be slaughtered on the beaches of Japan, etc. I could only take so much echo chamber

whoa whoa whoa partner nobody is advocating for people reading or in any way interacting with the subforum known as Debate & Discussion

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

GREAT SATAN posted:

I'm not even a Trump voter I just think the Democratic Party has gone to absolute poo poo.

oh are there people disagreeing with that in this thread ?

where is the thread for the rational people who think that trump, hillary, republicans, and democrats are all poo poo to varying but nevertheless high degrees ?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Poetic Justice posted:

they're really rare but i know a few irl

they universally are losers with incredibly lovely lives so i don't at all feel threatened by them though

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Trump Ethics: A Jobs Program for Washington Lawyers
132FEB 19, 2017 11:00 AM EST
By
Albert R. Hunt

That's a pretty fuckin' sweet article title.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Whoah what? This thread is about American politics? Sorry I thought it was about the comedy value of the person named Donald Trump being president of the US. I guess I'll find my way out

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
alt right is obviously a tiny group that is capable of making a relatively large amount of noise

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The alt-right is cool, its like FYAD in real life.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

thathonkey posted:

alt right is obviously a tiny group that is capable of making a relatively large amount of noise

This girl I know keeps on getting harassed on Facebook by her brother in law who's a turbo-nerd alt-right loser. He posts links to poo poo like weaselzippers as if they were peer-reviewed journals and I dunk on him until he gets mad and goes away (which isn't really an accomplishment because he's an idiot with no social skills).

They really cannot handle any sort of criticism.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i stopped going to fb like 8 months ago (well before the election) and i feel better for it

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

thathonkey posted:

i stopped going to fb like 8 months ago (well before the election) and i feel better for it

Yeah I don't read it in the morning before work and my mind is a lot clearer. I guess the next step is not reading SA before work as well.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Are people still slobbin' on Big D's knob itt, because LOL

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Nothing has even happened except a bunch of obsessive broke-brains are neurotically cataloging every slight movement from the Man they apparently can't get enough of

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Nothing has even happened except a bunch of obsessive broke-brains are neurotically cataloging every slight movement from the Man they apparently can't get enough of posting

sounds about right

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

I mean, Touche?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

sounds about right

What's my post count now hehehe

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
The thing is, is that some of those Lol's at Trump are legit, like why is old boy scotch taping his tie? But then some oaf stomps in here "HOW YOU LIKE YOU GOD NOW?"

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I wouldn't mind your posts if maybe 30% of them were funny or interesting, but you can't even hit the Mendoza line

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder how often Trump fucks

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
All the time, let me tell you all the time.. People tell me all the time, "Donald you are such a wonderful lover", and I say, "Really I don't know" and they say "Yes yes, Donald you are so good and so kind" and it really makes you think, folks, really makes you think

edit: I just realized, Donald talks like a grown up Holden Caulfield writing in his journal in the psych ward.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The thing is, is that some of those Lol's at Trump are legit, like why is old boy scotch taping his tie? But then some oaf stomps in here "HOW YOU LIKE YOU GOD NOW?"

Oh, do you lol from home?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Poetic Justice posted:

The left were too busy policing what costumes were not offensive to wear during Halloween and policing what thoughts and words are OK to say that they let a smooth talking billionaire con his way into the presidency instead of voting. Well done, bravo. Good job.

Yeah the PC police have become so visible and profoundly unlikable over the past years that they almost certainly did some major damage in the election.

Hopefully people will learn to pick and choose their battles more now that we actually have a terrifying climate to live in but they won't.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I don't really have any confidence that things will get better in future elections. Midterms will be a joke, nobody that matters (the 18-35 year olds) will show up to vote because they have no loving idea that you don't just vote in the general election and you have to constantly vote and organize and do poo poo and it's work and it's exhausting. So we'll have four full years of a Republican majority. Then in the primaries, again, nobody will vote for a good candidate or else the good candidate will be suppressed in favor of the DNC's newest corporate cocksucking flavor-of-the-moment (not Hillary though, they're not that stupid).

The DNC has a new weapon, they can basically say "vote our way with no exceptions or you're getting four more years of Trump". Their candidate will win the primaries and you either vote for them in the general election or you get more Trump.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Nothing has even happened except a bunch of obsessive broke-brains are neurotically cataloging every slight movement from the Man they apparently can't get enough of

you know he's the president of the united states right

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GREAT SATAN posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

The DNC has a new weapon, they can basically say "vote our way with no exceptions or you're getting four more years of Trump". Their candidate will win the primaries and you either vote for them in the general election or you get more Trump.

This isn't a winning strategy if they don't have someone of their own who can motivate a large chunk of those who stay home on election day for lack of a candidate worth supporting. All the people who voted for Trump are reliably republican and won't be swayed. Swing voters are mostly myth.

• Locked thread