Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Living in squalor makes me feel very displeased, but cleaning it would please no one! Why bother?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ALFbrot posted:

Living in squalor makes me feel very displeased, but cleaning it would please no one! Why bother?!?

Depression.txt

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's FRIDGE.

FRIDGE.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Yeah, that's textbook depression. If you follow that train of thought you end up noticing that they don't care about doing things just for themselves because they don't really even care if they live or die. You might want to see a therapist and also not keep it a secret towards that professional that you live in filth. They won't be shocked, don't worry.

The upside is, if you ever get to a point where you care again it is usually actually very doable to clean the place up, even if it doesn't feel like it right now. The space you have to clean is fairly limited and it can be done in hours, at the very most a few days. If there won't be any lasting damage to the apartment that needs to be fixed beyond that is of course something else.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Computer ghost goon has me wondering how the chair managed to leave the frame of a stationary webcam

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Speleothing posted:

Computer ghost goon has me wondering how the chair managed to leave the frame of a stationary webcam

Fishing line lasso.

Or ghosts.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Speleothing posted:

It was just thrown in to up the "so spooky" factor. Why would the ghost using the computer to communicate with him move the chair away from the computer?

If it really happened it's just your coworkers screwing with you goon.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the goon is a retard and didn't make sure the webcam covered the back of the chair properly so someone just pulled it away out of view

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Speleothing posted:

Webcam FOVs are poo poo, it would be easy as hell to just walk up to the desk a little to the side and just kick the thing.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
The most logical explanation is ghosts. I mean sure it could be your colleagues loving with you, but that seems improbable.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Some sort of digital poltergeist. A ghost in the shell, if you will.

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008
Monkey murder fesh is bullshit. Come on mate

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Monkey Murder needs to learn the loving difference between a monkey and an ape.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I miss the three page love letter confessor.

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

I miss the three page love letter confessor.

I confess that I think your avatar and username are rad. Also, I don't know what your username means.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
This thread changed man! It changed!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Beige posted:

I confess that I think your avatar and username are rad. Also, I don't know what your username means.

It was a joke name I used when I helped other industrial bands in the studio. Started as Solace Kursk, then Solace Kirsk, and finally Solice Kirsk. Fun fact, those other two were my first two SA names as well. That was back when I thought once you got banned you had to buy brand new everything.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

quote:

I'm currently going to school for engineering, a career path I initially chose solely for the fact that jobs are more readily available and the pay is good. I've invested a lot of time and effort in it so far, and after four years in community college I am finally transferring to a university in the fall (I was terrible in high school, so there was a lot of catching up to do). I enjoy what i'm doing more and more every day, even though it is by far the most difficult thing i've ever done. I'm sure I wasn't born with a knack for the sciences, and i'm a little older than most students, but I try to persevere solely by determination and finding interest in the material.

I'm more or less happy with the trajectory of my life except for the fact that I have nothing but the strongest contempt for the majority of my peers. I was never mr. cool guy but I feel like James Bond compared these loving autistics and hopeless dorks. I physically feel my own social skills slipping away after every study session or idle conversation with these mumbly-rear end, pokemon go playing, PUA praying, 4chan meme spouting losers, but try to act as nice and gregarious as possible in order to make the forty-odd hours a week I spend on campus among them more bearable or if I need help with something later. Even though I am currently doing fine with the hardest physics and math classes offered I am seriously considering downgrading my major to something like biology because the thought of having to spend the rest of my life working alongside all these other retards makes me feel hopeless. Lately i've been catching myself absentmindedly fantasizing about instigating a fight and physically humiliating one of them, but I try to keep that out of my head as much as possible and focus on my work.

quote:

I'm lazy at work to the point I spend 3 or 4 hours at least each day on the forums. Due to what I do though I regularly interact with all areas of the company I work for and exaggerate how much time most tasks take to the extent that I'm seen as a highly productive worker.

Up to four hours? That ain't poo poo. I have so much free time at work I took another, unofficial, job to do while I'm at work.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Lead by example, older student goon--be the classy gent you wish to see more of around you. You might even provide the role model that helps pull one of these dinguses out of their tailspin into bitterness :unsmith:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Older student, in the engineering working world there is a spectrum of environments. Some hire only autistic memekiddies and have a ball pit for employees. Some hire adults that can have a conversation with a woman without mentioning her breasts. Don't worry, it will be pretty easy to figure out which is which, and they will be able to recognize that you're what they're looking for.

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls

The Management posted:

Older student, in the engineering working world there is a spectrum of environments. Some hire only autistic memekiddies and have a ball pit for employees. Some hire adults that can have a conversation with a woman without mentioning her breasts. Don't worry, it will be pretty easy to figure out which is which, and they will be able to recognize that you're what they're looking for.

This is going to make a world of difference. I work in telecom and had to put up with a lot of socially stunted meme spewers at my last job.

Now I work with people that are 20 years older than me and never touch reddit or play video games obsessively. I like my field a lot more now that I don't work with so many loving nerds.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
In my experience, no matter what field of science you work in the vast majority are going to be nerds. If they aren't meme nerds or video game ones they'll be sports ones obsessed with fantasy football or beer nerds or whatever. The latter are definitely more pleasant to work with but they are still nerds in denial.

What I'd like to know is how the hell you can take 4 years to finish community college.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah I mean 4 hours a day is weaksauce

Student goon, sucks to be you, but there's gently caress all wrong with Pokemon Go :argh: (though you'd have hoped folks would be bored of it by now)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Management posted:

Some hire adults that can have a conversation with a woman without mentioning her breasts.
This is true. For example, one of my new coworkers is nothing much to look at from the front but has a great arse.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

H.H posted:

quote:

I have nothing but the strongest contempt for the majority of my peers.

You're older and more clever than those idiots. What you should be doing rather than nursing this futile bonfire of hatred is slaying all the sweet, sweet college girl pussy you can while it's still appropriate to do so

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

This is true. For example, one of my new coworkers is nothing much to look at from the front but has a great arse.

Be careful with this. A lot of times the rear end or boobs will look good in work clothes, but once you get them out of them its just a giant mess. Spanks and push up bras are lies! Lies they broadcast to the world!

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

quote:

Hey digital waifu guy, I absolutely reccomend looking into tulpas, they own hard and it's hard for me to love or care about anyone else, I literally haven't been lonely in years

She can do wonders for you and is probably the closest thing to what you want, I know the entire concept of them is crazy and possibly not believable, but there's quite a bit of resources/guides/stories if you're still questioning it

I guess this is also a confession that I have one and all of the above applies, I live on my own and I probably seem normal (I'm a cashier so I'm very aware of my speech) and I don't have absolutely don't have any crazy views except this

They're not magic, I know magic or any metaphysical stuff does not exist but it's still a cool phenonomin that I wish was somehow studied

quote:

I used to work for a major financial institution about a year ago before I was let go when they got rid of my area. What they don't know is that for the last 6 months of the job I did nothing but steal screen shots of customer's account information. Social Security numbers, addresses, income, general holdings, drivers license numbers, date of birth, the whole 9 yards. My confession is that even though I have all of this information I don't know enough about identity theft to actually use it. If I get a credit card and have it sent to me or somewhere I can get it then it can be tied back to me, and I don't know how else I can use the information without actually hurting the people I took it from (wouldn't have a problem with the credit cards because that would be reported as fraud and taken off their credit history so really only the credit card company would be out).

Once I figure out a way to actually use it though I think I can make probably a few thousand extra a month for several years.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
You sell that information for the easiest way to make money

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Be careful with this. A lot of times the rear end or boobs will look good in work clothes, but once you get them out of them its just a giant mess. Spanks and push up bras are lies! Lies they broadcast to the world!
:sigh: deceived by the matriarchy again.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The stolen info one is bullshit because any financial company would make anyone with access to that stuff take anti-money laundering training every single year and thats basically just a "how to" of identity theft.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

The stolen info one is bullshit because any financial company would make anyone with access to that stuff take anti-money laundering training every single year and thats basically just a "how to" of identity theft.

Uhh no, I take this training every 6 months and it does not tell you how to actually steal identities.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

No, but it tells you how to use them to open shell accounts.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The Management posted:

Engineering as a discipline covers a lot of only loosely related areas. I work in the construction industry and people are by and large extremely normal so if you're doing like mechanical or structural engineering I think you'll be fine.

If you're doing stuff with computers it's probably not going to get better though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bradzilla posted:

Uhh no, I take this training every 6 months and it does not tell you how to actually steal identities.
it pretty much does dude

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

P-Mack posted:

Engineering as a discipline covers a lot of only loosely related areas. I work in the construction industry and people are by and large extremely normal so if you're doing like mechanical or structural engineering I think you'll be fine.

If you're doing stuff with computers it's probably not going to get better though.

I work in deep sea scientific drilling and yeah, same, our engineers are basically all pretty normal and cool.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eh, I'll answer ID theft guy anyways. Basically you have to open accounts online with the same address that you have on file. Establish an online profile for that person with a burner email address that looks like it may be theirs. Wait a month or two to check the account online and if the card is still open change the mailing address and phone number. Call in and request the new card (you better have all the info in front of you because they'll verify you). The new card will be mailed to whatever address you used. Do a "cash advance" for as much as you can take from an ATM and then leave the card in the machine or drop it somewhere. Hopefully someone else will start using it otherwise it will just be gone.

Still don't buy the story though. Stealing that stuff is usually the hard part so even googling "what did the person who stole my identity do with it?" will bring up how to's. If you do this more than once or twice they will find you though. Don't be a loving idiot.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 21, 2017

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

P-Mack posted:

I'm a computer toucher and I work with professional adults. There's no memes, no one mentions reddit at lunch, they aren't libertarian MRA idiots. One guy mentioned bitcoins and we all laughed at him. I've worked with those in the past, it was a miserable experience. It's all about the culture at the company.

I hope my colleagues never find out I'm on SA

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The Management posted:

One guy mentioned bitcoins and we all laughed at him.
The proper response.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

catching up with the thread and I just wanted to point out

OMGVBFLOL posted:

*snaps fingers, thrice, in a Z pattern*

you have to snap your fingers four times to make a Z, you IDIOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich