Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Knack has couch co-op.

In the same way that Super Luigi U has co-op with Nabbit, i.e. player 2 is invincible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
PSN store still isn't loving loading.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ImpAtom posted:

No, Alternative Facts are lies, Splatoon being good is truth.

more talking about "not buy it"

you especially know that's not true

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Overcooked is the best couch coop game ever invented. Of course if you are not accustomed to the stresses of working in a kitchen, it may destroy your friendships.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Massachusetts: Andronema.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Snak posted:

Overcooked is the best couch coop game ever invented. Of course if you are not accustomed to the stresses of working in a kitchen, it may destroy your friendships.

Ok, that sounds awesome and the gameplay looks super fun.

zenintrude posted:

In the same way that Super Luigi U has co-op with Nabbit, i.e. player 2 is invincible

That's too bad but still looks fun enough to give it a shot.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I was considering making a joke about Videogames liking those booby games but realised he likes video games and probably does like boobies so there wasn't really any joke to make. Unless his changes his username to Videogames&Boobs but I wouldn't advise that.

Tomie knows me posted:

b-but vita means life :smith:

Despite there being some schadenfreude with company miss-steps and the resulting irony of the consoles name, I don't like seeing potentially cool platforms failing. I enjoyed my vita remote play and it was pretty cool for RPGs etc. I really liked playing Persona on it and Muramasa.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ys Origin port seems decent at the moment, the CGI movies look a bit crappy but there's not a lot they could do with those anyway, and there's only like two.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Oh hey, look at that. Nintendo has the ability to change your username. Maybe Sony can now get their asses off and make that possible

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Blackfyre posted:

Videogames&Boobs but I wouldn't advise that.

I certainly wouldn't be able to have a work safe avatar, that is for sure!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Just use deaks picture and you're golden.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Some guy got his hands on a copy of Horizon: Zero Dawn and streamed it over the weekend and I watched it on and off while cleaning the house. Preorder cancelled

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Some guy got his hands on a copy of Horizon: Zero Dawn and streamed it over the weekend and I watched it on and off while cleaning the house. Preorder cancelled

Why, info please. Everything was leaning good, but I have a terrible feeling in my heart. I wont buy at launch anyhow, Yakuza 0 taking me all the way to zedla town. Too much good stuff now. But I want to know!

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 21, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

:black101: PS MORTIS :black101:

Mors.

Mortis is possessive

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

VideoGames posted:

Splatoon is really good. Maybe the beach game will be good too! Let's love all kinds of video games. There's something for everyone!

I like your positivity in this thread. It is refreshing...

But you may have just crossed a line.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Healbot posted:

It's just EA being EA, they are waiting for both Titanfall 2 (this is pretty much a lock at this point) and new Mass Effect to not meet their sales target and then proceed to dismantle the developers.

:sigh: For the millionth time: EA doesn't own Respawn Entertainment. All they could do is drop being their publisher, which they're not going to do.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VideoGames posted:

I am excited to one day buy FFXV. I couldn't afford it during Japanuary, but hearing it is still being supported and will have a better storyline makes me happy for the next year that I can play it.

Eh the story is supposed to be supplanted by some additional cutscenes in a chapter it isn't a big rewrite.

That patch is due at the end of March iirc.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
When I heard more SP refinement was coming to FFXV, I stopped playing in favor of many other games that were out/coming out.

Now, I'm just going to keep waiting until they loving fix their PRO patch mistake. Because gently caress that.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Between this and the World of Final Fantasy patch SE is just batting zero lately with performance updates.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I have no idea what is going on in FF15 story and it isn't diminishing my enjoyment of the game one bit, so just play the thing.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Montalvo posted:

I have no idea what is going on in FF15 story and it isn't diminishing my enjoyment of the game one bit, so just play the thing.

The bad guy generals are in the mechs you fight. And its easy not to notice you are supposed to be working your way through their ranks

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Feenix posted:

I like your positivity in this thread. It is refreshing...

But you may have just crossed a line.

I must always be the one who crosses the line. I have to be brave to stand alone on this divide!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just don't be so brave that you spend money on a Senran Kagura game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It would be cool if all video games were good and I think most, at the very least, have at least a little bit to offer you

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

If you're not enjoying FF15 for what it is now, I really doubt that a few extra, hastily cobbled together cutscenes in the last fourth of the game is going to change that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

I have begun to play certain games I would never have played merely in order to help moderate threads better. There is always a chance, dear friends...

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah, you probably get put on a list somewhere if you do

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Obsurveyor posted:

:sigh: For the millionth time: EA doesn't own Respawn Entertainment. All they could do is drop being their publisher, which they're not going to do.

bad sales on TItanfall 2 will make them more vulnerable to take over. EA partners program has ruined a fair share of devs and respawn is the last man standing there

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Bombadilillo posted:

Why, info please. Everything was leaning good, but I have a terrible feeling in my heart. I wont buy at launch anyhow, Yakuza 0 taking me all the way to zedla town. Too much good stuff now. But I want to know!

My biggest source of disappointment was that fighting the robots is actually a pretty minor part of the game. I'd say the ratio of Far Cry style stealth outpost clearing-to-robot fighting is a solid 3:1. You spend way more time fighting people than robot dinosaurs. The human enemy AI is really bad too, dumber than Far Cry 3/4. The streamer was consistently taking down enemies in plain sight of their friends without anything happening.

The robots are also unfortunately dumb, he'd get into fights with the tougher ones and their attacks were so off the mark 3/4 of the time that it got to the point where he would dodge directly into their attacks just to try making the fights interesting. There's a few dozen different robots, but since most of them are just reskinned variants, it's really more like 14-15 different types of robot. It goes without saying that Aloy gets overpowered really early on.

That's right, this is a game which manages to take the concept of fighting giant robot dinosaurs and make it tedious. Just consider this.

Speaking of Aloy, remember that footage they showed last E3 where she was narrating everything that happened? And how they said they had her do that just for the sake of the stage demo? Well, no, she's exactly that talkative for the whole game, which wouldn't be a problem if she just said each line once whenever a new situation came up, but no, it's the same canned lines again and again to match the scenario. Think Jack Marston from postgame RDR by a factor of 10.

The writing isn't remarkably bad, but it's not very good at all, either. The game's characters are all really flat and the voice acting is equally bland for the most part (which can be expected in this sort of game, unfortunately) The animations for the ingame cutscenes are also really stilted and awkward, practically The Old Republic-level. You know that 'Brom scene' that's been floating around? Well, most of the games cutscene's are about the same quality.

Story spoilers: The entirety of the game's background lore is dumped in one room where you can press various buttons to watch various holograms talk for about an hour, which is one of the worst ways to deliver a story I can imagine. Also the big 'twist' of the game is literally the same twist from Xenoblade Chronicles X beat-for-beat (all the actual humans died a long time ago and every 'human' in the game is just a robot) it's about as weak a twist now as it was then.

The game's graphics are easily the high point, but even that comes with issues. There's a lot of invisible walls in odd places, but some particular objects that should be solid, like certain boulders, trees, cacti etc. have no collision at all so you just kind of go right through some of the stuff you pass. The world in this game isn't entirely 'open' in a sense, either it's several different zones connected through tunnels/canyons to load them up, kind of like how World of Warcraft does it, which would be okay if the zones were at least fully visible, but that's not the case because the fog hiding the draw distance is really noticeable, especially this one desert area in the middle of the game. But hey, at least it goes away in screenshot mode!!

There's a lot of really odd design choices- a particularly glaring one was Aloy's bow and arrow, which leaves a thick white trail each time you fire it (and I mean thick- I thought she was using some kind of special rope arrow at first) I get that they probably did this to more easily indicate where your shots hit, but... was there really no less distracting way? There's a similar trail when you swing around your melee weapon, but it seemed to be totally off a lot of the time, appearing higher or lower than your swings, or vanishing halfway through, which is also bizarre and distracting.

I had some hope for the game- 'cavewoman taking down giant robot dinosaurs' seemed like a pretty refreshing concept at first glance, but at the end of the day, the Killzone developers made an open world Ubisoft game. If that's your thing, you'll have fun, but I'm just kind of tired of that. Shadow of Mordor is still this subgenre's peak I think. I'm also just kind of fed up with Western-developed first party Sony games as a whole- do they all have some kind of mandate to be as drab and 'cinematic' as possible or something? Feh...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Montalvo posted:

Read the notes on the loading screens when doing story stuff and read stuff you find laying around. That should cover about 90% of the complaints I've seen.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

maybe the guy you watched wanted to do outposts more than hunting? congrats on cleaning your apartment.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I have begun to play certain games I would never have played merely in order to help moderate threads better. There is always a chance, dear friends...

Mrs VideoGames will take half your stuff, it's too expensive.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Story spoilers: The entirety of the game's background lore is dumped in one room where you can press various buttons to watch various holograms talk for about an hour, which is one of the worst ways to deliver a story I can imagine. Also the big 'twist' of the game is literally the same twist from Xenoblade Chronicles X beat-for-beat (all the actual humans died a long time ago and every 'human' in the game is just a robot) it's about as weak a twist now as it was then.

For someone complaining about the story you don't actually appear to have understood the story or watched the story. Like you're actively straight-up wrong here to the point you got the polar direct opposite of the actual plot point you're complaining about.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Attitude Indicator posted:

If you're not enjoying FF15 for what it is now, I really doubt that a few extra, hastily cobbled together cutscenes in the last fourth of the game is going to change that.

This may be more broadly aimed, but since I was the one that mentioned waiting... I definitely was enjoying it. Square just said they were going to add to the campaign, and it was holidays when I had lots of newly acquired games so I figured it could wait. I'm mostly upset about the downgrade in Pro performance now.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I haven't played any Senran Kagura game because the price point has never got to a point where it counters the overwhelming shame I'd feel if I bought it, but I though if you could get passed the horrible perviness in them they were actually supposed to be pretty okay. Is that just something those with anime avatars) Vita thread posters say to make themselves feel better?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

For someone complaining about the story you don't actually appear to have understood the story or watched the story. Like you're actively straight-up wrong here to the point you got the polar direct opposite of the actual plot point you're complaining about.

I mean you're arguing with the guy that said it was the Jewish Conspiracy that got Pewdiepie fired by Disney in the chat thread so, uh

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I mean you're arguing with the guy that said it was the Jewish Conspiracy that got Pewdiepie fired by Disney so, uh

Oh, right, it's that guy. That explains a lot.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

bad sales on TItanfall 2 will make them more vulnerable to take over. EA partners program has ruined a fair share of devs and respawn is the last man standing there

Private companies aren't at risk to takeovers, that's a public company thing. They have to want to sell and EA would have to have a reason to buy them just to shut them down.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

I haven't played any Senran Kagura game because the price point has never got to a point where it counters the overwhelming shame I'd feel if I bought it, but I though if you could get passed the horrible perviness in them they were actually supposed to be pretty okay. Is that just something those with anime avatars) Vita thread posters say to make themselves feel better?
estival versus is like, halfway to a decent musou clone but it only has enough enemies to work well in that regard on the ps4, and the stages are still way too short

the 3ds games are good brawlers but have framerate issues, deep crimson especially

shinovi versus is a Bad Game

none of them are really worth buying unless you are specifically interested in Senran Kagura for whatever reason. if you just want a decent brawler, buy guardian heroes off the xbla or the steam port of the d&d capcom games or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

glam rock hamhock posted:

I have played the two on 3DS! They have the gameplay of a flash game, with no depth to the combat or any sort of progression in skills. If someone says, "This obviously terrible game about anime tits actually has secretly good gameplay!" you are safe to assume they are lying to themselves, yeah.