Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
there is a close-up shot of what looks like a C64 keyboard in John Wick 2 and it loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

how close did they zoom into the keyboard? did you hear the clacks?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
there were a few clacks and the zooming in on the caps was egregious and totally warranted.

john wick 2 loving owned

pram
Jun 10, 2001
thx for the update on the most recent prolefeed movie idiot

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

np

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

like ive gone to the movies once in the last three years because my life is a perpetual dirty diaper so I don't even know what passes for art anymore anyway

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

echinopsis posted:

mate buying poo poo like that is chump tie,r much like i am. he joined a forum based group buy like the true alpha that he is

most of those are manufactured by the company that runs pimpmykeyboard

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Signature Plastics.

they're located in Washington State and anytime I buy from them I feel like I'm doing what I can to make America clack again.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I couldn't decide which model to get

Is this enough buckling springs, guys?

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
:popeye:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

r u ready to WALK posted:

i really want a keyboard with the nipple but i never actually used the nipple that much when i had a thinkpad, but maybe that was because they all had trackpads too.

where's the best place to get the nipple keyboard?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

nipple.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Gotta say the unicomp nipple isn't great. Since the keys are so tall the stick is really long and bonks into the keys a lot, and you can move the cursor a lot faster straight up and down that in any of the diagonal directions.

It doesn't seem to get in the way of normal typing at least!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Gotta say the unicomp nipple isn't great. Since the keys are so tall the stick is really long and bonks into the keys a lot, and you can move the cursor a lot faster straight up and down that in any of the diagonal directions.

It doesn't seem to get in the way of normal typing at least!

:tipshat:

thanks friend

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

this rig is fuckin sick

burning swine
May 26, 2004

needs more unicomps

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

ArmZ posted:

i really want a keyboard with the nipple but i never actually used the nipple that much when i had a thinkpad, but maybe that was because they all had trackpads too.

where's the best place to get the nipple keyboard?

what sort of clown uses the track pad when a nipple is available

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Bloody posted:

i switched from a thinkpad to a dell and the dell nipple sucks rear end for whatever reason. i think there's some built in fucky acceleration and the thumb buttons aren't contoured

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Oh yeah the only good nipple is a thinkpad nipple

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Bloody posted:

Oh yeah the only good nipple is a thinkpad nipple

yospos.txt

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Bloody posted:

the nipple is too sensitive

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Blinkz0rz posted:

the nipple is too sensitive

the manipulation of the nipple in a pleasing way is only a matter of practice

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Bloody posted:

the nipple "buttons" are just hotspots on the trackpad and also there aren't any gestures

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
~gamer~ marketing but this is legit good i think https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/294674098/freestyle-edge-the-ultimate-split-gaming-keyboard/

plus kenesis is a real company and not some yahoo who thinks he can just get china to do all the work for him

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ABS caps and the worst color for backlighting

ugh

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
covering your hands in broken glass and jerking off would feel better

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

covering your hands in broken glass and jerking off would feel better

go on...

burning swine
May 26, 2004

not just ABS, but not even doubleshot. lol forever at non-doubleshot backlit keys, you'll wear the letters off in 6 months

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mad.radhu posted:

~gamer~ marketing but this is legit good i think https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/294674098/freestyle-edge-the-ultimate-split-gaming-keyboard/

plus kenesis is a real company and not some yahoo who thinks he can just get china to do all the work for him

gross

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I, too, would not gently caress this keyboard

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
it also claims to have "standard sized keys" despite the spacebar being split, the right shift being short and every special key on the bottom row being a weird non-standard size

replacing the keycaps would be a huge pita

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
this is the same layout as their non-"gamer" split keyboard

i want a split keyboard like that but it needs to be US 101 layout dammit

my ms natural ergo 4000 doesn't angle enough for me anymore :\

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

just get a kinesis advantage2

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Bloody posted:

just get a kinesis advantage2

thats not split tho

really kinesis should just make a split version of the advantage

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

this seems disingenuous

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

hifi posted:

this seems disingenuous

here's me with a tiny-rear end keyboard and a huge desk, literally swinging my arm side-to-side so as to make the simplest movements

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that's relative to wasd so its legit in that respect, but wasd is also for scrubs

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

pr0zac posted:

it also claims to have "standard sized keys" despite the spacebar being split, the right shift being short and every special key on the bottom row being a weird non-standard size

replacing the keycaps would be a huge pita

the picture they show says the spaces, right control, and right shift are different. not including anything that's labeled different though

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Shaggar posted:

that's relative to wasd so its legit in that respect, but wasd is also for scrubs

if they are expecting you to just have the other half of the keyboard somewhere off in the distance then why didnt they show the razer thing, and if they don't then there's another half of a keyboard on the other side of the mouse that you probably bang into if you need feet of space to swing your mouse around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i think they're expecting you to move the other half away somewhere. either way its stupid cause split keyboards are stupid tenkeyless is stupid and wasd is stupid

• Locked thread