Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

manyak posted:

Remember when some guy here was talking about how Conor is dumb because he doesnt know how to file for a C-69 or whatever and revealed that he thinks of peoples intelligence in terms of whether or not theyre an accountant

That's cool as all hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Gramps posted:

Sombody hurt Travie's feelies

So he's cheating on Ronda too.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

I bet Travis Browne also doesn't know the difference between CApSA and TERN but I bet he does know the difference between Net (what they trapped him in to bring him to the UFC) and Gross (how he physically looks)

lol

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It's fake.

https://twitter.com/travisbrowneMMA/status/833795906365296640

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Where is the evidence of Travis Browne winning?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Where is the evidence of Travis Browne winning?

Remember when he beat Overeem 😂

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

manyak posted:

Does anyone still have the funny gif with the crosshair

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

Yeah lol it was honestly impressive after the beating he took

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Then overeem schooled and ko'd JDS. Heavyweight ftw

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Browne is similar to Overeem in that they immediately throw all fight IQ out the window as soon as they get tagged and instead skitter around helplessly

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

chaleski posted:

Browne is similar to Overeem in that they immediately throw all fight IQ out the window as soon as they get tagged and instead skitter around helplessly

skittering around helplessly is browne's MO, not a consequence of getting punched or anything else.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I honestly was relieved Travis was standing when the winner was announced. You know things got bad when you're worried for Travis loving Browne.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I think gsp is going to fight mcgregor

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Dangersim posted:

Thatd be kinda cool... better than the Mayweather fight at least

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

manyak posted:

Thatd be kinda cool... better than the Mayweather fight at least

Yeah I would definitely be excited to see it. I think it's the biggest money fight there is right now, and apparently gsp"s camp is pushing for it.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

It would be cooler, to me, if Conor defended a belt.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Ehh...I am not imprezz by your wealth manage ment, and I look forward to teach you how to invest in the near future

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
To some extent it doesn't even bother me that Conor hasn't fought a belt defense yet, if I was a guy who'd clowned the absolute gently caress out of two champions I'd probably also feel like I could do whatever the gently caress I wanted.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bluedeanie posted:

It would be cooler, to me, if Conor defended a belt.

I don't really like either but belts don't mean as much anymore.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Travis Browne's record after the sadness trilogy of Gonzaga/Overeem/Barnett is extremely satisfying imo.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Dangersim posted:

Please.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Would like to see Conor fight the winner of Khabib vs Ferguson before any potential GSP match, but it's unlikely the UFC will force their cash cow to defend a belt so that's a cool fight I suppose.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I feel like even with all his time off a GSP/conor fight would probably be heavily favored for GSP

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Wouldn't it be another boring ground control exercise like GSP vs Diaz, which for some reason people are clamoring to see a rematch of? Conor got taken down by Chad$, who is 20-30 pounds smaller than GSP, doesn't have as good a top game, and doesn't train with Olympic wrestlers.

I'll grant that GSP fights are more likely to be good and cool than Mayweather fights, but in both cases I'm amazed that there is hype for fights that are likely to be really boring and one-sided (GSP vs Diaz 2, GSP vs Conor, Mayweather vs anyone).

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

GSP has been away for a LONG time and we don't know what kind of shape he'll come into in 2017. If Conor can enforce a similar kind of distance that Nick did (I'm skeptical, but it's possible), he could create problems for GSP.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The crazier thing is he apparently wants to fight Conor at 155 for the title not at 170.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Ditch posted:

Wouldn't it be another boring ground control exercise like GSP vs Diaz, which for some reason people are clamoring to see a rematch of? Conor got taken down by Chad$, who is 20-30 pounds smaller than GSP, doesn't have as good a top game, and doesn't train with Olympic wrestlers.

GSP is a favorite but it's not a mismatch.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I wouldn't say anything is certain, but GSP's personality, the people surrounding him, his last experience while fighting and his pile of well managed passive income makes me think he wouldn't come back if he wasn't at least as good as he was when he left. I'm guessing he threw a Johnny brick in the river while he was away.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Ditch posted:

I'll grant that GSP fights are more likely to be good and cool than Mayweather fights, but in both cases I'm amazed that there is hype for fights that are likely to be really boring and one-sided (GSP vs Diaz 2, GSP vs Conor, Mayweather vs anyone).

Maybe im just lucky but i dont know anyone clamoring for a GSP vs Diaz rematch

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

GSP would double-leg Conor into the cheap seats, if GSP can make 155 comfortably then I think that's the worst possible matchup for him

Outside of boxing Mayweather of course

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'd be ok if Conor knocked the gently caress out of GSP in 7 seconds. Canada deserves it's own Superbowl 51.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dangersim posted:

Supposedly part of his contract was picking his first opponent and maybe his second. If that's true it's definitely Conor

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I wouldn't say anything is certain, but GSP's personality, the people surrounding him, his last experience while fighting and his pile of well managed passive income makes me think he wouldn't come back if he wasn't at least as good as he was when he left. I'm guessing he threw a Johnny brick in the river while he was away.

It was more likely a case of Omaha Steaks

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

chaleski posted:

GSP would double-leg Conor into the cheap seats, if GSP can make 155 comfortably then I think that's the worst possible matchup for him

Outside of boxing Mayweather of course

Yeah.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I feel like Conor would spend a lot of time getting jabbed while he ineffectively tried to throw his left over the top, and also being taken down and held down.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

I'm glad Travis Browne didn't really make that tweet. Judging by the use of "go to bed with" as a euphemism for sex, I'd say the tweet was the work of none other than Sam Malone.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

1st AD posted:

Ehh...I am not imprezz by your wealth manage ment, and I look forward to teach you how to invest in the near future

By picking a diverse portfolio, you will cause market volatility to pass beneath you.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Gramps posted:

Sombody hurt Travie's feelies

I do too. just kidding i play videogames and post on line

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

By picking a diverse portfolio, you will cause market volatility to pass beneath you.

Every investment he makes is the most dangerous investment of his career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
no doubt gsp would show up to the fight in good form but i think conor would win handily .. im sure gsp works hard even when he just trains for fun but he will be rusty from the lack of competition no matter what

edit: and its not like tkz vs bermudez where tkz was rusty but better enough to win anyway. conor is roughly the best fighter right now give or take

I.N.R.I fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 21, 2017

• Locked thread