Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Calaveron posted:

Actually, you can't unless you go to ebay and probably pay a huge mark up

The retro store in my town always has a stack of them for like $40, fwiw

Come to my town, it's alright (actually don't, the traffics already bad enough)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Phantasium posted:

...if you're going to be swapping things why would you not just buy the cartridges?

Because microsds hold more then 1 game, and switch cartridges are so tiny I cannot say for certain I won't lose them, particularly when traveling.

Also once dlc+patches+installed data are so large as to not fit on a single sd card (a game like doom comes to mind)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Soul Glo posted:

The retro store in my town always has a stack of them for like $40, fwiw

Come to my town, it's alright (actually don't, the traffics already bad enough)

What what town or state

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How will I survive without bomberman posts video games :(

I'm just messing. I'm closing it at midnight on the 2nd, GMT.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

Switching out something every time you want to play a different game vs switching maybe once in a while.

If switching bothers you then you have come to the wrong system!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Shameful that you are not committing to a midnight release

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

VideoGames posted:

I'll have the new Switch thread up March 3rd at 6 AM

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Tender Bender posted:

Switching out something every time you want to play a different game vs switching maybe once in a while.

Or if you've got a game like FFXIV where it will download 50gb worth of patch data

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Maximize your expenses and minimize your convenience by going all digital but storing every game you buy on a separate microSD card. Additionally, be sure to use the same brand and size for each one and do not label any of them.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Why do we need a new switch thread? This one has all my posts in it!

...Oh.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

grand theft grotto posted:

Maximize your expenses and minimize your convenience by going all digital but storing every game you buy on a separate microSD card. Additionally, be sure to use the same brand and size for each one and do not label any of them.

This sounds like my Vita collection

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Lodin posted:

There's rumours that Squenix are considering porting FFXIV to Switch. No idea if that would be a good match.

E: http://nordic.ign.com/final-fantasy-xiv-online/989/news/square-enix-considering-final-fantasy-14-for-nintendo-switch

It would ....wait a sec ...ok yeah the joycons have 4 shoulder buttons like a proper modern console ok yes this would be awesome. FFXIV really does work with a gamepad if you don't want to be PC Master Race. I would loving LOVE to be able to play this in a more portable format.

Ohtsam posted:

Or if you've got a game like FFXIV where it will download 50gb worth of patch data

I would hope they'd think ahead a bit and make the cart version a writable chip, if Nintendo allows such a thing. For the record the PC version is currently sitting at 23GB

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 21, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Calaveron posted:

Shameful that you are not committing to a midnight release

I am! I meant the midnight of the 2nd when it becomes the 3rd. Plus my switch is being delivered the next day because I got it through amazon with a little discount! :D

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Going to work on the 3rd will be the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

It makes sense that you'd get it early, since you're buying it at a premium.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Is there a known good spot to buy a microSD card for the thing? Guess I'll get one this week.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Please ban everyone who posts in this thread (including yourself) on the 3rd.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Is there a known good spot to buy a microSD card for the thing? Guess I'll get one this week.

Yeah I need to grab one too. Any deals on Amazon people are hitting up?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I just grabbed this one. Seems like a good deal.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DOB6YW4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

grand theft grotto posted:

Yeah this is literally the dumbest thing ever. People are dumb.

Buy a huge rear end microSD card and never touch it ever again.

And buy mostly physical games so you can sell them later you hoarding weirdos.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Cojawfee posted:

Please ban everyone who posts in this thread (including yourself) on the 3rd.

Everyone will be posting in the new thread come release.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I look forward to the switch *click* of thread ops.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mahoning posted:

Yeah this is literally the dumbest thing ever. People are dumb.

Buy a huge rear end microSD card and never touch it ever again.

And buy mostly physical games so you can sell them later you hoarding weirdos.

are you for real

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Thanks, friend. I'll probably buy that one. 128 is what I planned on going with.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Takoluka posted:

are you for real

Yes. What kind of an idiot buys tons of microSD cards to put a different game on each one? MicroSD cards are pretty much the easiest thing in the history of electronics to lose.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Thanks, grabbed this one too, 128GB seems like a good balance of space vs. price.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Word on the street is Amazon is receiving/shipping a lot of the accessories after the 3rd.

My Pro Controller is coming from Amazon Jp, which may get here before the Amazon US actually sends them out.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

glassyalabolas posted:

Word on the street is Amazon is receiving/shipping a lot of the accessories after the 3rd.

My Pro Controller is coming from Amazon Jp, which may get here before the Amazon US actually sends them out.

My Pro from Amazon US got updated delivery to the 7th.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
So, friends, what case are you preordering for your future Nintendo Switch? There are so many choices, I just can't decide!

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
I messaged Amazon Support about the Pro date slipping back to the 7, but was assured it would actually arrive on the 3rd so who even knows

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

IAmKale posted:

So, friends, what case are you preordering for your future Nintendo Switch? There are so many choices, I just can't decide!

The WaterField designs City Slicker, which opens for preorders this Friday

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

IAmKale posted:

I got the OEM one for now.

Gonna switch it up down the road. There is a nice Hori one from Play-Asia or perhaps the Waterfield one.

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 21, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

John Cena is actually helping out advertise the switch what the gently caress?

Source

This actually isn't surprising cause John Cena (like a lot of pro wrestlers) is a huge loving nerd and he loves Nintendo. I kind of hope we get The New Day doing Switch promos next

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 21, 2017

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

IAmKale posted:

I got this one cuz it's only $15, and it looks kinda nice I guess.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Zelda one because I am Nintendo's bitch and pre-ordered the special zelda edition

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Zelda one because I am Nintendo's bitch and pre-ordered the special zelda edition

Master Edition or bust.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Calaveron posted:

brother

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I'll have the new Switch thread up March 3rd at 6 AM

If you are going to do it. Do it on the 2nd around noon. There are people in other time zones. Also, that way you have it ready in advance rather than someone else making the thread earlier.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

sleepness posted:

So I haven't really been following the switch after my regretful purchase of the Wii U at launch, however the allure of a new Zelda appears to be too much for me.

Since preorders are sold out, whats my best option of getting one at launch? Just hoping target has some extra stock? Or should I just give up hope and wait.

My plan is to head over to a Best Buy when I get off of work and hang out there until Midnight, probably leave empty-handed, then go to a less-populous city's Toys R Us and wait until they open in the AM. Since they're not doing a midnight launch and didn't do online pre-orders, they will have stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Waltzing Along posted:

If you are going to do it. Do it on the 2nd around noon. There are people in other time zones. Also, that way you have it ready in advance rather than someone else making the thread earlier.

Duly noted

• Locked thread