Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Timberlake is excellent in the Social Network.

Guyz! Method Man kills it as Cheese in The Wire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Haha what the gently caress, why is it so low, Bug is a wild and awesome movie.

It was a victim of its marketing I think, the commercials really pushed it as Friedkin's return to Exorcist-style horror.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

therattle posted:

Guyz! Method Man kills it as Cheese in The Wire.

I also really liked Method Man in Belly,
but to be fair I don't think he really acts as much as just shows up to the sets and is himself.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

oh yeah I forgot about Selena, is that movie any good?

Selena is loving great. Worthy of being put next to La Bamba.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Alhazred posted:

I'm pretty sure no one is going to answer Pras if you ask them about their favorite Fugee member.

Ghetto Superstar is a better song than anything 30 Seconds To Mars ever did

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Jared Leto doesn't have a squad. In fact, he's spent his 22-year career confounding expectations and swan-diving off the pop-culture grid.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Just browsing around Youtube, stumbling on this thinking "Man this new Popeye movie is looking pretty charming."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4tNuM9XttM

Oh what's that? It got cancelled so the studio could pursue the Emoji movie instead? Alrighty then.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

MacheteZombie posted:

Garth Brooks is the best musician turned faux musician

Tim McGraw was quite good in Friday Night Lights (the movie)

Also, Tom Waits has done some solid acting.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

FishBulb posted:

Oh my god he still hasn't watched it?! What the gently caress dickeye!!!

He still hasn't watched it, which he needs to fix, because he'd love Return of the Living Dead, the funny punk rock horror movie.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i actually had this on my list after seeing it on the TCM Underground thing

other options include blade and something off the They Shoot Zombies list

based on your tastes, you will probably loving love Belladonna of Sadness, it's like a movie that shouldn't exist in our reality

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

based on your tastes, you will probably loving love Belladonna of Sadness, it's like a movie that shouldn't exist in our reality

Change your name to Lord of Saddness :D

Also Jack Black is cool as gently caress.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Bug is possibly my favorite movie of 2006. I have no idea how it has such low reviews and I ain't gonna read em to find out.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CelticPredator posted:

Change your name to Lord of Saddness :D

I probably should given how often I post about that movie :v:

honestly I just really like seeing people's reactions to it. I think it really loses something watching it at home instead of seeing it in a tiny, packed Alamo Drafthouse screening room high as gently caress with the speakers turned up to ear-splitting levels, but it's still well worth checking out, especially given how obscure it is, and the split between people who pretty much get it and people who basically go "what the gently caress was that what the hell did you make me watch" is kinda hilarious to me.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Just browsing around Youtube, stumbling on this thinking "Man this new Popeye movie is looking pretty charming."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4tNuM9XttM

Oh what's that? It got cancelled so the studio could pursue the Emoji movie instead? Alrighty then.

I'm fairly certain Genndy Tartakovsky had already been taken off the project before its eventual cancellation, so take some solace in the idea that it probably wouldn't have been as good as that preview anyways.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I Before E posted:

Ghetto Superstar is a better song than anything 30 Seconds To Mars ever did

And you're lying if you're saying it's because of Pras and not ODB (who apparently just randomly wandered into the studio).

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I was waiting for this post

Even if you've already decided, I'm inclined to throw in Working Girl just because I saw it last night and it's really good.

Also gonna second Trash Fire.

K. Waste fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 21, 2017

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'm fairly certain Genndy Tartakovsky had already been taken off the project before its eventual cancellation, so take some solace in the idea that it probably wouldn't have been as good as that preview anyways.

Shame.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

bows1 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49tTzEifY6M

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Trash Fire never rises to the levels that Excision does, and I wouldn't usually just outright compare a director's movie to another of his except that Bates is so obviously ripping himself off in large strokes.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I was barely conscious last night

Tonight I'm gonna watch XX

XX is not nearly as good as everything else suggested thus far

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Return of the Living Dead has a Nazi mortician and a woman getting turned on by talking about the worst way to die, it's extremely Dickeye material.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Not sure if after all those remakes of X we needed XX and even xXx.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

weekly font posted:

Trash Fire never rises to the levels that Excision does, and I wouldn't usually just outright compare a director's movie to another of his except that Bates is so obviously ripping himself off in large strokes.

I feel that while the movies have similarities, the nature of Trash Fire and what it's ruffing on means it was never gonna be quite as hosed. Excision is about a hosed up character trying to be herself with a bunch of people trying suppress that while not realizing how hosed up she is while Trash Fire us about a hosed up character trying g desperately to suppress his own hosed upedness for the sake of someone else who really is not prepared to deal with how hosed up it all is. Excision is about pushing thing to the surface while Trash Fire is about trying to suppress them. In one the character is letting their fuckedness all out while in the other he's trying to push it down.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also, don't get me wrong, XX isn't like ABCs of Death Bad or even VHS Viral bad, but it all just sort of fine, with the exception of the wraparound bits which rule in a Jan Švankmajer sort of way.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

X-Ray Pecs posted:

He still hasn't watched it, which he needs to fix, because he'd love Return of the Living Dead, the funny punk rock horror movie.

He will probably say that he doesn't now because you're making such a big deal out of it

But I can't believe Dickeye hasn't see Return of the Living Dead.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

FishBulb posted:

He will probably say that he doesn't now because you're making such a big deal out of it

But I can't believe Dickeye hasn't see Return of the Living Dead.

He'll make a big deal out of the movie turning the nazi sympathizer coroner into a compelling protagonist.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Hbomberguy, since you're in NYC right now plz tell me Felix is having you over to record an episode

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

Hbomberguy, I, and our respective girlfriends had a truly lovely karaoke and Korean BBQ double date last night, so don't ever let anyone tell you that goon meets are doomed to failure

*Death By The Blues voice* what'd you eat?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Jack Black is horrible.

Did you see Bernie? I also thought he was great in Orange County even though the movie itself is mediocre.

bows1 posted:

I really liked Common in John Wick 2. I know it wasn't a terribly complex role, but it was cool.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I 100℅ see why he was cast as Green Lantern for so long after that. He'd make a terrific Stewart.

I can see him becoming a new VOD B-movie mainstay instead. I'm all for it.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

CPL593H posted:

Did you see Bernie? I also thought he was great in Orange County even though the movie itself is mediocre.

No and unless it's a masterpiece on the level of Punch-Drunk Love I never will because his stupid face causes me physical pain.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I thought Jack Black was really good in King Kong. Except that he totally flubs the last line in the film.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

No and unless it's a masterpiece on the level of Punch-Drunk Love I never will because his stupid face causes me physical pain.

It's definitely better than Punch Drunk Love.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Watch Bernie, it's magnificent.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Hat Thoughts posted:

*Death By The Blues voice* what'd you eat?

Rice cakes and fish in a hot chili sauce

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
If nothing else, watch Bernie for Matthew McConaughey's look

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Hbomberguy, since you're in NYC right now plz tell me Felix is having you over to record an episode

They didn't sound too hot on the idea of watching any of those YouTube videos when they talked about it last episode, but hopefully that was a bluff.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

They didn't sound too hot on the idea of watching any of those YouTube videos when they talked about it last episode, but hopefully that was a bluff.

Yeah, that got me down, but also it could just be a Felix premium episode.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Jack Black was on a goofy south korean show, he's a-ok on my book. Plus he was pretty fun in Jackal, shouldn't have been greedy though, there goes your hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Actually it is about that good and unlike Punch Drunk Love where Sandler is just playing a version of what he always plays and pretty much had the whole movie written around that, Black actually really puts in a hell of a performance. In general I find Black to be good when he's called upon to actually act and the rest of the time he's like every large comic persona in that he's doing his thing and if you like that he does it well and if not you'll find him to be nails on a chalkboard.

• Locked thread