Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

U KAN'T STAHP MEEE

We'll see how long your beloved new avatar lasts then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah theres no way you've exhausted your supply of unwatched tv shows to the point that a smallville rewatch is on the table. How about rewatching Lost, or The Shield, or Oz! how about you see Oz again?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Oh yeah, I actually totally forgot about that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bring back old gbs posted:

yeah theres no way you've exhausted your supply of unwatched tv shows to the point that a smallville rewatch is on the table. How about rewatching Lost, or The Shield, or Oz! how about you see Oz again?

This is my penance for being such a douche last month.

Realistically I give myself 6 episodes before I can't handle it anymore.

Edit: I already can't handle it.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 21, 2017

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Just watch Fringe again, I bet you don't remember half the episodes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something kind of interesting I just saw using Amazon's website to watch something through Prime is that the quality options actually said how much bandwidth they use.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

That's still fresh in my mind. I think I'll give Shut Eye a shot since this Smallville plan is already going south.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rhyno posted:

That's still fresh in my mind. I think I'll give Shut Eye a shot since this Smallville plan is already going south.

Fine, then check out Bosch.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Have you seen bates motel?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Have you seen bates motel?

I watched the first three episodes but fell off of it as I was still working nights when it was first airing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Complains about AoS for years, goes and watches Smallville.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Complains about AoS for years, goes and watches Smallville.

I never once defended Smallville as being good television.

I'm giving Chance another shot since I made it to the 4th episode and I loves me some Hugh Laurie.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

precision posted:

The final season of Bates Motel starts up in 4 days. I'm catching up on it now, I finished season 3 and am a few eps into 4. The show has always been great but holy gently caress, it's been ramping up fantastically and I'm pretty confident things are gonna get super nuts in the best ways. Freddy Highmore and Vera Farmiga are phenomenal.
S4E9 is one of my favorite episodes of anything ever. Freddie Highmore really steals the show in that season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Freddie Highmore is unbelievably good on that show and it's a shame it's never garnered him serious awards consideration.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I'm not sure I've ever wanted the next episode of anything more than I want the next episode of Riverdale right now.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Shut Eye is good and it's only 10 episodes.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
APB

Cons:
The premise is still ridiculous.
Kevin Chapman isn't in the regular cast.

Pros;
Abraham Benrubi is now a mostly regular playing a former Pro wrestler that retired and became an engineer.
Ernie Hudson is still there.
The third episode is giving hints this is a stealth dystopia show just like PoI was. It won't be as good of course, but it's starting to look interesting.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

X-O posted:

Freddie Highmore is unbelievably good on that show and it's a shame it's never garnered him serious awards consideration.
Boy I'll say. Both him and Vera Farmiga kill it (no pun intended).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

get that OUT of my face posted:

Boy I'll say. Both him and Vera Farmiga kill it (no pun intended).

Vera Farmiga has been crushing every role she's taken since Touching Evil.

God drat that was a good show.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That Smallvile thing was an epic ride.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Escobarbarian posted:

That Smallvile thing was an epic ride.

Well I already gave up because the pilot was so goddamned horrible.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

GreenNight posted:

That's because they're bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MiddleOne posted:

That's because they're bad.

Words hurt man.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fringe is almost above reproach. For every failing there is a Walter moment that fixes it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

Vera Farmiga has been crushing every role she's taken since Touching Evil.

God drat that was a good show.

Oh hey I found the other person that watched Touching Evil!

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

Fringe is almost above reproach. For every failing there is a Walter moment that fixes it.

Walter's the problem easily a third of the time.

e: he should just Kramer in whatever room he's entering.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

I'm enjoying this season of Homeland somehow. Was a slow start, but they're touching on real issues with the FBI desperately trying to entrap people and intelligence agencies making poo poo up to further their own agendas. poo poo is getting wild with this week's episode too.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Quinn could easily beat Jack Bauer imo

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Well I already gave up because the pilot was so goddamned horrible.

Wow, what a pussy. Some of us suffered through that for years. YEARS!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This was a rewatch. He already suffered through it once.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Speaking of which, having to do a rewatch to get caught up to the new bits sucks if the show itself is garbage at the beginning. I suffered through Arrow season one, but had someone swear after season 3 it got better. So I sat through everything and guess what? It hadn't gotten better.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's because superhero shows are bad (except for Legion, which I have to call a superhero show otherwise Senerio gets upset)

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Speaking of rewatches, I've been throwing on episodes of MacGyver occasionally, man oh man was it a product of its time. I kind of miss this kind of show though. Human Target sort of scratched that itch but we all saw how that went.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Anyone watch Designated Survivor? I saw the first 4 or 5, thought it was decent, and forgot all about it during the real election season. I guess it has been off since mid December, coming back on March 8th, which explains why I haven't seen ads or heard about it lately.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

That's because superhero shows are bad (except for Legion, which I have to call a superhero show otherwise Senerio gets upset)

Incorrect. Comic book shows can be very good. DC has been a poo poo show, but Supergirl is legitimately good and its Vertigo title, iZombie is amazing (barring the unfortunate name). As for Marvel, Agent Carter went too soon and was great. Plus, if you get past the first half of the season, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. gets good QUICK.

...not to mention Jessica Jones got top accolades in the TVIV the year it was out, but people tend to get salty about that in hindsight.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Pan Dulce posted:

Speaking of which, having to do a rewatch to get caught up to the new bits sucks if the show itself is garbage at the beginning. I suffered through Arrow season one, but had someone swear after season 3 it got better. So I sat through everything and guess what? It hadn't gotten better.

Arrow season 2 is the only truly decent season of the show. Well, I haven't watched any of season 5, but I ragequit in the middle of season 4, after falling behind and then hearing who they decided to kill off. I am probably one of the few people genuinely mad about that decision, though.
also I'm pretty sad about The Flash's sophomore slump, and from what I've read, it's just turned into more of a clusterfuck. I wanted to like Legends of Tomorrow, really I did, but half the cast sucked, especially the villain. I hear it's actually leaned into the silliness in the second season, but I don't know if I want to push through the first season to get to that.
Supergirl is okay. The writers have no idea what they're doing right now, but the overall lightness in tone and strong cast carry it through, as does the fact that they never let Kara be as stupidly secret-happy as Barry or Oliver. indeed the writers have made meta-jokes multiple times at how bad the main characters are at keeping secrets. the most fatal weakness of Arrow and The Flash is the cheap use of illogical secret-keeping for drama, even after the main characters have learned, ad infinitum, that it NEVER PAYS OFF. Lying to protect someone is, 99% of the time, disastrous and moronic. And it's usually guys lying to women, in a glaring example of patriarchal bullshit that makes the male characters look deeply sexist and like they don't trust that the female characters are intelligent adults that can handle it. there's an ongoing theme in Supergirl that secret-keeping is largely unhealthy (aside from Kara keeping her civilian identity secret from the world at large), and that trust and relying on other people are always good things.

on the other superhero shows front, what Agents of SHIELD is doing now sounds fun. Like, they did Ghost Rider, and now they're doubling down on Life Model Decoys. Sure, why not? and unlike arrow, I hear they made exactly the right call in which major character to kill off at the end of the previous season.

I'm really excited that there's FINALLY going to be a Runaways show - there's so much potential there.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Top Gear is coming back in March. I don't recognize the guy in the left.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Spatula City posted:

I'm really excited that there's FINALLY going to be a Runaways show - there's so much potential there.

There's potential and the casting sounds interesting, but the fact that it's from the people that did Gossip Girl and The O.C. makes me wonder about the quality. But I'm still going to watch it; it may be good. The screenwriter for Twilight wrote Jessica Jones for Netflix and I liked it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The OC is better than all those shows you just said were good though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

I watched the first three episodes but fell off of it as I was still working nights when it was first airing.

Bates Motel is amazing, it kicks into high gear around the end of season 2 and never lets up. Season 4 is flat-out phenomenal and the upcoming final season looks great.

• Locked thread