Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
this wario episode is pretty good

i'm a conservative and feel that chapo is best when it's the original three, or the original three + a guest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

this wario episode is pretty good

i'm a conservative and feel that chapo is best when it's the original three, or the original three + a guest

Amber rules. I want an all amber show. Or at least one where the dry boys just affirm her correct opinions for the whole show.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea Chapo is pretty much always good, but best Chapo is the 3 originals and maybe one other seat like Amber. President Wario was great.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/fart/status/833811155948691456

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Ron Jeremy posted:

Amber rules. I want an all amber show. Or at least one where the dry boys just affirm her correct opinions for the whole show.

A good opinion. Amber is the best.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Best Amber moment was how her bad mic/connection gave some weird feedback during the Walther's interview which most certainly came to him as demonic and must have freaked the poo poo out him for a brief second at least.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
I can't find the tweet but somebody said that Amber owns because she sounds like your drunk friend at a bowling alley and that is 100% true.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/vicbergeriv/status/833852926053449728

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ghost emoji posted:

I can't find the tweet but somebody said that Amber owns because she sounds like your drunk friend at a bowling alley and that is 100% true.

That's exactly why I can usually do without her on the show tbh, I spend enough time with my drunk friends lol

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The best Amber moment is when she yelled "At least an organ has a function!" at that tradcath shithead who was trying to compare a fetus to an organ.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/gideonresnick/status/833856723958001664

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I like both Amber and Virgil a lot and I'm glad they're now regular hosts. 2 or 3 dry boys + one of them + a guest is the ideal bench. Anything more is a little crowded. I'd even be happy to see Will steering a show with just Amber, Virgil, and a guest.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I feel like this week's ep was kind of a sequel to the immediate post-election episode in a lot of ways. The Dan O'Sullivan RNC/DNC episode, the post election episode and the last ep are pretty interesting as a trilogy.

Matt's analysis of everything in our culture and politics with the end result of trump and that there's no prediction for what it will look like post-Trump election was kind of giving me a low-key panic attack but it's drat interesting to think about.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Pointing in the general direction maybe. I see it as a building crisis in much the same way that America faced in the years before the civil war. Not that I think one is coming. It's more that in the same way that the south couldn't disentangle itself from slavery, so can we not disentangle ourself from oil and capital. Eventually something will bring about constitutional crisis and the nation will be forever changed. Hopefully for the better. The Republican Party is dying, but it's not dying quietly. More like a supernova.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Does anyone have good Twitter lists of all the libs / GOP idiots that are constantly roasted on the show? I feel the need to read their tweets in real time.

e: then again I am blocked by Eichenwalde so whats the point

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Good episode. I am Matt Christman's complete and utter exasperation

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
I was a little bothered by them calling Jared Kushner a failson (really stretching the definition there) but it was a good concerning episode

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Nice thing about the wealthy. Their failsons fail up.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/TimFederle/status/831540537467469824

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/steakmancer/status/833910552183324672

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

steakmancer posted:

I was a little bothered by them calling Jared Kushner a failson (really stretching the definition there) but it was a good concerning episode

Failsons are on a sliding scale. Jared's dad paid five million to put him through Harvard

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
...and he's a millionaire with the strongest current political marriage??

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Jared is the cuckoo chick in the Trump nest, and escaped failson status by replacing and starving out Eric and Don Jr.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My roommate turned me onto this show after the election but I was too distraught to bother with it until the Dan Nainan episode. I loved it, went back to the one where Ezekiel Kweku was on and caught up from there. I'm really into it but haven't subscribed to the Patreon yet.

Is there any post in this thread that explains some of their recurring bits and jokes?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Henchman of Santa posted:

My roommate turned me onto this show after the election but I was too distraught to bother with it until the Dan Nainan episode. I loved it, went back to the one where Ezekiel Kweku was on and caught up from there. I'm really into it but haven't subscribed to the Patreon yet.

Is there any post in this thread that explains some of their recurring bits and jokes?

Ask about particular recurring bits and jokes, and you will get such a post, I'm thinking. :)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

prefect posted:

Ask about particular recurring bits and jokes, and you will get such a post, I'm thinking. :)

Off the top of my head, dry boys and Lil Homie Gay rear end. Also why are fans called Gray Wolves?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Off the top of my head, dry boys and Lil Homie Gay rear end. Also why are fans called Gray Wolves?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_Wolves_(organization)
Subscribers are really big fans of Justice and Development.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

"Dry boys" is, afaik, akin to volcel (voluntarily celebite, as opposed to incel or involuntarily celebite). The idea is that voluntarily not having sex builds your discipline, manliness etc. I think it's a gag related to the manosphere/MRAs/MGTOW/maybe Mike Cernovich.

Lil Homie Gay rear end might be a FYAD thing that drifted over to Weird Twitter.

Grey Wolves are a Turkish ultranationalist paramilitary/terrorist group that get tacit support from the AKP (Justice and Development Party, the party of Turkey's leader Erdogan) and supposedly have powerful roots in the Turkish deep state. Some early jokes on the podcast about Turkey/the AKP/Erdogan prompted it - see also jokes about "the traitor Gulen". Supporting Chapo on Patreon makes you part of the Chapo Deep State and thus a Grey Wolf

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Dry boys started with one specific joke about using unlubricated condoms I thought. It has a lot of staying power for something that was initially a throwaway line. But I can't think of which episode it was in

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

please dont write hillary fanfic

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Ron Jeremy posted:

Pointing in the general direction maybe. I see it as a building crisis in much the same way that America faced in the years before the civil war. Not that I think one is coming. It's more that in the same way that the south couldn't disentangle itself from slavery, so can we not disentangle ourself from oil and capital. Eventually something will bring about constitutional crisis and the nation will be forever changed. Hopefully for the better. The Republican Party is dying, but it's not dying quietly. More like a supernova.
LOL if you think we're not all doomed

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

please dont write hillary fanfic

Whatever you do don't click that tweet because in the replies the dude basically writes a loving fanfic book

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Absolutely click that tweet

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Absolutely click that tweet

N-no!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
click that tweet! Click that tweet!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
matt did a reddit AMA: https://www.reddit.com/r/ChapoTrapHouse/comments/5v6fiy/hello_reddit_i_am_cushbomb_ask_me_anything/

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/asshatlogic/status/834127054509633542

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
https://twitter.com/grynbaum/status/834123783082483716

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Hmm, the "tolerant" left plays into Milo's hand once again. This is all just part of his plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/bafeldman/status/834105798515126273