Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rirse posted:

Why do companies keep trying to license franchises to Mega Bloks? Almost all their stuff looks like crap compared to Lego. And I don't even buy legos!

They also showed off this

It was part of a display of things they'd built based off kid's drawings. It's not an actual set and they aren't going to sell it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Guy Goodbody posted:

They also showed off this

It was part of a display of things they'd built based off kid's drawings. It's not an actual set and they aren't going to sell it

Wait, so either they moulded all those different parts for something they're not going to make, or there are sets out there with that cockpit, solar panels, etc?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Mega Bloks actual bricks are not that great, but I have a soft spot for their mini figures, they're basically tiny action figures with a bunch of accessories.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
I finished my custom Solaire

http://imgur.com/a/kgDzi - Album here and it has some build details if you're curious.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Guy Goodbody posted:

Pokemon Mega Bloks.

They tried.

They REALLY shouldn't have.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Wow, those look terrible compared to the SHF ones.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Fuzz posted:

Wow, those look terrible compared to the SHF ones.

How much are the SHF figures? These say $20.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Louisgod posted:

Depends. Piccolo costed me $30, but Future Trunks was about $40. So these are probably ten to twenty less then the figuarats. They don't look bad, especially Beerus. It might be a good alternative, especially if it a character who out of print or one they not got around to making in the future.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Louisgod posted:

Figuarts start around $40 and go up from there, so these are definitely aimed at more casual collectors/children. Kind of like Black Series vs Figuarts/Mafex.

That said, I would love to have that BAF Shenron, but no way am I collecting a whole wave of lovely looking figures for him.

Also, with the 89 different versions of Goku that Figuarts has put out, why is there still not one of his current gi from Super? It's basically his gi from the Cell/Buu saga, but with his kanji emblem on the front and back. It's my favorite of his looks and there still isn't a figure like that.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really hope the Shenron figure is divided in such a way that if you get multiples of the middle piece you can make it infinitely long

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Yesss Brickseeker says the two Targets near me had their X-Men figure inventory jump by 8. Hopefully today being a holiday doesn't mean somebody will beat me to these.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Seeing that classic Cyclops/Dark Phoenix pack means I don't even need to stress about this wave.

Alright yes I do still need Dazzler I guess, poo poo

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Just in case, I am looking to buy that new Warlock BAF but I have no interest in any of the other new X-men figures. If anyone is trying to offload it, I'm your guy.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm literally hovering over a Target employee while he unloads a pallet likely with the figures on it. Yeah I'm that guy.

e: SUCCESS!!

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 20, 2017

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Just scored all of them minus Colossus. The Cyclops arguably is not much better than the old toy biz one because the straps are not sculpted on and tend to come loose. The paint is also expectedly dull, but good enough for comic characters.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
None of the Targets in my area got them yet, as they are still at 4 left in their inventory. Toys R Us should be getting them soon. Thankfully I think all my store has left is a lone Ice Man so they will get the new shipment barring a random reissue of the first wave like how the Absorbing Man wave kept getting sent out.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

What kind of strange fantasy world are you people living in? The two Targets in my area update their inventory maybe 4 times a year.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Yeah two of mine jumped. And then one jumped back down before I could go on lunch. Merp.

Edit: Had one Cylops and like 5 OML. Got my Cyclops and OML. Still searching for my Colossus.

Donde Esta fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 20, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
BSS Action Figure Megathread VIII - Still searching for my Colossus

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's really time for a new thread though, if you go back to the beginning of this one it's like peering into a portal to bizarro world where Mattel has the best figure line out there and Marvel Legends are garbage

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 20, 2017

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

drat, first page we were looking for the Nemesis wave. I remember I was coming home from vacation and hit every Walmart on the way from North Carolina to Pennsylvania. Not one had it. Got home and ran out to my local Walmart to grab millk and there it was :D

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Saw the entire wave at my target but only really wanted cyclops and OML so I'm glad I got those. I have been able to preorder all the guardians 2 figures I wanted on Amazon so no looking too hard for those.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

drat, first page we were looking for the Nemesis wave. I remember I was coming home from vacation and hit every Walmart on the way from North Carolina to Pennsylvania. Not one had it. Got home and ran out to my local Walmart to grab millk and there it was :D

Seven years later and I still don't have that Beast. I wonder what happened to that massive Anti-Monitor from the giveaway on Page 2.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I'm putting the complete sets on Ebay as well so if you want one of those please let me know!

How much for one of those Venoms?
Edit gently caress wrong pic. Phone posting but i meant the very bottom pic ones.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Rhyno, how much do you want for Winter Soldier?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

banned from Starbucks posted:

How much for one of those Venoms?
Edit gently caress wrong pic. Phone posting but i meant the very bottom pic ones.

$24 shipped?

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Rhyno, how much do you want for Winter Soldier?

The boxed one? $25 shipped for that guy.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The minute I can snag one for under 100 I am jumping on it so hard.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

$24 shipped?

Cool lets do this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Has anyone hung their ML Captain America shield on the wall? I'm trying to sort out a way to do it from the straps.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Rhyno posted:

Has anyone hung their ML Captain America shield on the wall? I'm trying to sort out a way to do it from the straps.

Two hooks, dowel, thread the dowel through the straps and then hang. Viola.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I've bought four and none were worth keeping.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Mine hangs from a large Command hook. No issues.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Is the current X-Men wave hitting stores the one with Dark Phoenix? If it is, I'll be looking for one if anyone can pick up an extra. Most of the stores around me have so many excess figures from old waves rotting on shelves, I'm worried I wont' see the X-Men wave in person.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Agrias120 posted:

Is the current X-Men wave hitting stores the one with Dark Phoenix? If it is, I'll be looking for one if anyone can pick up an extra. Most of the stores around me have so many excess figures from old waves rotting on shelves, I'm worried I wont' see the X-Men wave in person.

No, Dark Phoenix is in a two pack with a classic costume Cyclops, it was just revealed over the weekend. There's a Jim Lee costume Cyclops in this current wave but Dark Phoenix won't be out for a while still.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The Cyclops/Dark Phoenix 2-pack is a TRU exclusive so expect it to be pretty easy to get.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
An action figure of a nude, bald, obese old man. Comes with both flaccid and erect penis

:nws:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=LTD-FIG-09732

Guy Goodbody fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 21, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

An action figure of a nude, bald, obese old man. Comes with both flaccid and erect penis

:nws:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=LTD-FIG-09732

Disappointed that this is not me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Holy poo poo that price. :eyepop: why would you pay that much for such a thing? Like i legit don't know what the audience is for gross old men figures.