Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRKQedDjVh8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

JawKnee posted:

I don't think that's how work visas work

IDK what his visa sit is, but if he's on an H-1 B Visa (or any H-1 visa), he's got a set period before he needs to get another job and his employer files the paperwork.

OTOH he could apply for an O or a P visa since he's a writer or something, but don't know that much about immigration

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC08ylFHYGo

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Schnorkles posted:

almost undoubtedly tbh. he only really won last time because the dem state party decided to let him

What why how?

I know nothing about senate races, but why would you simply nog care?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

:stare:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ok lol prob not the O visa

quote:

The O1 nonimmigrant visa classification is generally available to those who possess extraordinary ability in the arts, science, business, education, athletics, or those in the motion pictures or television industries who are who are coming to the United States to perform for a temporary period. For artists and some entertainers, extraordinary ability means a high level of achievement evidenced by a degree of skill and recognition substantially above what is ordinarily encountered. For those in the motion picture or television industry, the O1 visa is available to those who have a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement. To qualify for an USA O1 visa, the applicant must demonstrate extraordinary ability by sustained national or international acclaim.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Squizzle posted:

rmemebr when lil enzo got lost in cubes w a mermaid and turned into cable of the xmen except as canadian rough trade

Yeah, Reboot was awesome.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Thatim posted:

What why how?

*governor

The NJ Dem party provided no support to their candidate and all but endorsed Christie for re-election.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
There's confusion about the Ben Taub shooting because there was another shooting there 3 years ago and people are reading that as if it happened today.

Just another wacky circumstance of lolusa.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

me irl in five minutes

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:woop:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Chokes McGee posted:

me irl in five minutes

quiet wage slave, back in the mines with you

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jce_lJbHtM

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

day crew are the blues dads of culture jamming

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Chokes McGee posted:

me irl in five minutes

Going to motocross at the Big Owe?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Schnorkles posted:

quiet wage slave, back in the mines with you

u can't hold nite crew down forever man, we rise up

to drink

and talk about movies without titties that should have titties in them but inexplicably don't

wait what was I saying

oh well *butt chugs whisky*

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Yinlock posted:

tbf the idea of a "botched execution" is still kind of baffling to me

i mean moral issue aside how about you just shoot the guy in the head instead of making a rube goldberg machine

people can sometimes survive a horrifying amount of punishment, and getting blasted in the head is a thing there. it also robs the inmate of dignity after death, because you are not having no open coffin ceremony with a crater in your head. yes these are considerations that get raised.

quadrophrenic posted:

i don't get why we don't just do that inert gas asphyxiation thing

gotta kill people, why not go for the painless completely foolproof method that uses an abundant resource

it's IDEALLY painless. depending on gas mix and specifics of the inmate's respiration the inmate can start asphyxiating before they go under, which is terrifying on an endocrine level and can be extremely painful. it takes a fair bit of expertise to ensure the gas mix is correct and stays correct, and the sorts of people who have that expertise are the sorts of people who can make fine livings that do not involve killing people. as a result it's actually pretty hard to find someone who is willing to do this.

capitol punishment as a whole is one of those things that modern civilization is prly going to end up not doing just because there's not really a great way to do it and with how comparatively good we've gotten at putting people in cages there's not a ton of incentive to keep looking for more options.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Gothy Hooker still mvp of my heart rip

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

gently caress burger king

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Thatim posted:

What why how?

The NJ political scene is deeply corrupt in ways it's hard to explain but can best be summed up as it's possible to be getting four government pensions and anyone who questions this gets Mafia'd to death. The Democratic party is split between two machines and the Republicans are largely powerless. The machines couldn't agree on a compromise candidate and Christie bribed both of them to endorse him because he was trying to be bipartisan Republican from a blue state when he ran for President.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Lisa Lisa & Culture Jam

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Is Strawberry the whitest cultural jam?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Elephanthead posted:

grape

hands down

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Chokes McGee posted:

Gothy Hooker still mvp of my heart rip

when are hookers not mvp's?

Serf
May 5, 2011

have elon musk do something useful for once and come up with a way for us to launch murderers into the sun or liquefy them with supertrains or something geez

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Chokes McGee posted:

grape

hands down

That sir is a jelly.

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Not a jam fan, cultural or otherwise :colbert:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Serf posted:

have elon musk do something useful for once and come up with a way for us to launch murderers into the sun or liquefy them with supertrains or something geez

if he came up with a way to turn fascists into booze that would be legit

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Fuggin eat another hoagie you hoser

quote:

Buried deep in the fiscal 2018-2019 budget proposed by Gov. John Kasich — on page 1,056 of 3,512, to be exact — is a provision that requires teachers to do something more than teach their students.

If the budget gets passed and signed into law with this provision intact, all new teachers applying for a license — and all working teachers applying for license renewal in Ohio — will be required to get some “on-site work experience with a local business or chamber of commerce.”

As Columbus Business First explained it: “Take your child’s teacher to work day could become a reality in Ohio.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.ede02313345b

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Elephanthead posted:

That sir is a jelly.

your move, scumbag

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Aw poo poo I want a hoagie

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Elephanthead posted:

apricot

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I come fron the nert, thru systebs peoplws cities to this place ....... .............cspam

my format, shitpoatwt

to defrnd against goblibs glbond gobljbs goblibd goblins goblibe gobljgf gobluvs glbiva vblond goblhva gpbliva gpbljv goblivs gpmlubs

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

orange marmalade pretty far up there I feel

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Squizzle posted:

I come fron the nert, thru systebs peoplws cities to this place ....... .............cspam

my format, shitpoatwt

to defrnd against goblibs glbond gobljbs goblibd goblins goblibe gobljgf gobluvs glbiva vblond goblhva gpbliva gpbljv goblivs gpmlubs

hell same

Serf
May 5, 2011

jams and jellies are insanely good when they involve fruits and nothing else

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Gringostar posted:

if he came up with a way to turn fascists into booze that would be legit

I would not drink Nazi vodka.

Same reason I don't drink Fanta. poo poo is either made by or of fascists and I don't want that filth in my body, it's a temple you see.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...TEwMTcyODU0NQS2

quote:

But yesterday afternoon he was sorrowful and self-pitying as he tried to explain himself. “Everything I say in there is completely defensible with proper context and explanation. It just takes nuance and close attention to understand what I’m really getting at.”

If you would all stop being so loving dense and just pay attention closely to my pedo apologia, you would see it was actually nothing at all. If everyone weren't stupid and, instead, just exercised a little nuance, you would see that my defense of sexual relationships between 13 year old boys and grown men was completely defensible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Serf posted:

jams and jellies are insanely good when they involve fruits and nothing else

*puts an entire strawberry between two slices of bread*

hell yeah dis gon be gud

• Locked thread