Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set has more fun.

Working Daze is behind the times once again.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix takes a long time to get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

SomeMathGuy posted:

It's 50% that and 50% spinning backstage conspiracy theories about why your favorite wrestler is not getting to do cool things but meanwhile there's yet another segment for a wrestler you don't like.

Pretty fun, all in all, but there's an exhausting amount of stuff to keep up with these days. It's easy to burn out.

What are you talking about? HHH is obviously holding down Pink Socks Guy and giving Blue Socks Guy a totally undeserved push.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Selachian posted:

What are you talking about? HHH is obviously holding down Pink Socks Guy and giving Blue Socks Guy a totally undeserved push.

Typical clueless smark talk. Blue Socks Guy has a great work rate. Put him with anybody - Briefs Guy, Boxer Guy, even Boxer-Briefs Guy, he'll put on a three star+ match. Pink Socks Guy is all style and no substance, he's gassed within the first five minutes; I'm amazed he's getting more than quick squash segments against Generic Big Guy.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0EZobdiJ4M

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Oh good. They found a way to make this storyline worse. High school is over, dude.

Also, Gunther's mom has been going out with Mr. Grey for like a year now and it seems like he treats her and her brat perfectly well. Time to get the gently caress over it.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Well, Ronan clearly yanked on Rocket's arm hard enough it's super long now, but otherwise they all look fine.

Sally Forth

Rebuttal: It's so wet outside, people are going to be tracking mud and water and poo poo all over the house no matter what, so you might as well wait until the weather clears up. Wipe your feet? Take off your shoes? You can't convince me Ted possesses the ability to not forget every single time.

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Some Guy TT posted:

Mother From Another Country

Mother From Another Country is the breakout comic of the thread.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Oh good. They found a way to make this storyline worse. High school is over, dude.

Also, Gunther's mom has been going out with Mr. Grey for like a year now and it seems like he treats her and her brat perfectly well. Time to get the gently caress over it.

Gunther's mother is the only person in this strip I don't totally despise.

Maybe Gunther will make Les pay for his meal at their house? That seems to be how things work in Luann's world.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Pooch Café

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Chairs are serious business. You want a chair you get along with. Ballard Street.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

It actually gets hit about 700,000-1.2 million times a year. Which is, I guess more then 200, but it's a distinct bloody undersell.
(http://www.iflscience.com/environment/theres-place-earth-experiences-12-million-lighting-strikes-year/) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catatumbo_lightning)

Like less then a minutes research.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (Dec. 24, 1994)

Garfield Classic (Dec. 24, 1984)

ETA:

Pastry of the Year fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 21, 2017

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Uh... Why is this strip so... Disjointed? Why does the lady's hair change? Is it the same lady? Why does she have a coat on in the last panel? What's going on?

Edit: it reads better in reverse... am I being duped?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Samovar posted:

Uh... Why is this strip so... Disjointed? Why does the lady's hair change? Is it the same lady? Why does she have a coat on in the last panel? What's going on?

I think it's supposed to be a time-lapse showing how they have less patience for coffee over the years.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Samovar posted:

It's a flashback, man. Look at the hairstyles.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

America is Dead

Dustin

Mandrake

Sorry guys, Mandrake drowned.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

That is some lovingly rendered Super Mario World there.

And those SNES controllers, whooo man

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That strip would have made more sense, but ironically the classic strip doesn't feature her and her old school hair cut to give context!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kennel posted:

Mandrake

Sorry guys, Mandrake drowned.
Who was that? Tea... or coffee?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The Bloop posted:

That is some lovingly rendered Super Mario World there.

And those SNES controllers, whooo man

perhaps they are playing SMW in an emulator on a modded console
:goonsay:

(nah but props to the artist for that well-drawn and accurate screen)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Look at Les getting two dinners in one night. Smart kid.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Veotax posted:

I think it's supposed to be a time-lapse showing how they have less patience for coffee over the years.

Ah! That makes sense. I was following the rule this thread taught me (If you don't understand an Arlo & Janis strip, it's probably about sex) and not getting anywhere at all.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Pickles

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

I see no problem with this idea, and it should be implemented in all combat sports bouts right away.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Mikl posted:

I see no problem with this idea, and it should be implemented in all combat sports bouts right away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9jFS-XI6UE

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Mikl posted:

I hope you like clinching

This is some lazy goddamn hockey drawing.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Skippy (December 24, 1929)

Peanuts (February 24, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (May 14-15, 1930)

Thimble Theater (September 10, 1930)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Is this supposed to be a "kids and their phones" joke? :confused:

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man
I'm really liking this Monty story arc.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

I think it's more "guy is furious at the situation he put himself in but probably not mad at himself". No joke.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Evil Mastermind posted:

How dare they make the white male tax-payer wait with teens, women and minorities? The outrage!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

plainswalker75 posted:

How dare they make the white male tax-payer wait with teens, women and minorities? The outrage!
Damned useless DMV workers, following the letter of the law for an idiot whose license expired a year ago! :bahgawd:

Can't wait for the plot twist where Funky fails his test, because he's an old man with old man eyesight and reflexes.

Flash Gordon

1999 Spider-Man

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

It is nice that everyone else found a way to keep themselves busy in a tedious situation; not sure why Funky has to sit and be a miserable lump. Grab a newspaper or magazine if you don't have a smartphone. Hell, he could've brought a Clive Cussler paperback since everyone knows the DMV can involve long waits.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

This seems like one of the worst positions to be in when you're getting a shave.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

not sure why Funky has to sit and be a miserable lump.

Because he is a miserable lump.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Welp, the stomach flu is a hell of a thing. Sorry for the pause in comix.

Dream of the Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

And He Did. (February, 1916)

Outbursts of Everett True (June, 1916)

Doings of the Duffs. (May, 1918, click for big)

The Gay Thirties (May, 1935, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (May, 1940, click for big)

Mopsy (October, 1940)

Tweedy (December, 1955, click for big)

Archie (October, 1955, click for big)

Jaf (1970)

Feiffer (1971, click for big)

Y'all should know these names - they're pretty famous. Myrna Loy is a personal favorite of mine.

Andy Capp (February, 1971, click for big)

Wee Pals (March, 1971, click for big)

Pyton

Richard's Poor Almanac (click for big)

Dick Tracy (November, 2009, click for big)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
When I took my driving test, I had to book about a month in advance. Can you really just walk up in the US?

Slammy posted:

Wee Pals (March, 1971, click for big)

Hah. "Bummer".

• Locked thread