Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
You really need every toon at GX, at least, before you start them in arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumur
May 13, 2011

Pooh Bear
Mal, do you have any ally spots open so I can pull in your GK? I'm sick of bashing my head into 9B with no success. Ally code is 485-661-145.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mumur posted:

Mal, do you have any ally spots open so I can pull in your GK? I'm sick of bashing my head into 9B with no success. Ally code is 485-661-145.

It's not a fix-all, unfortunately.

Someone said they managed it with Qui Gon Zinn + Kenobi.

Most of the guides I've found say you need GXI Wiggs/Lando/Anakin/Zariss

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

You really need every toon at GX, at least, before you start them in arena.

Well you have to start somewhere. I'm hoping whatever path forward I pick dictates who else I gear up to G10+.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boozie posted:

Well you have to start somewhere. I'm hoping whatever path forward I pick dictates who else I gear up to G10+.

What's your current rank/level?

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I'm 84 and have slipped from top 10 to struggling to get top 20. It's not like I'm selling the raid gear at a pawn shop, I just need to do my best to buckle down with a plan so I don't waste anything I get.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Neutron posted:

(sorry, I had to :v: )

Also, Return of the zJedi trip report: they are surprisingly rather amazing, even without GK!

Wigss, Zader or Chaze are no problem. Haven't tried them against zMaul yet.

Wait what's this about? I'll be able to raid soon. Am I not supposed to do damage?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Space Crabs posted:

Wait what's this about? I'll be able to raid soon. Am I not supposed to do damage?

A lot of guilds have people tag in and do 0 damage to the heroic Rancor in the first 24 hours to make sure everyone gets credit because otherwise it dies in two hours.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Also, once you've gotten Raid Han to 7*, most folks stop doing damage so that other people can get him. To be honest I'm not too concerned with people pinging for a small amount of damage occasionally if they happen to be unlucky on placement with 0 damage.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

Also, once you've gotten Raid Han to 7*, most folks stop doing damage so that other people can get him. To be honest I'm not too concerned with people pinging for a small amount of damage occasionally if they happen to be unlucky on placement with 0 damage.

I believe the current complaint is a few folks who do it all the time, meaning, they're always intentionally doing a little damage to guarantee they get better rewards than the 0-crew.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I get my first 6* after the daily reset tonight and a few more this week so I guess I'll watch the leaderboard and see if everyone is hitting 0 or not.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
JUST TO BE CLEAR, to all the new and low level players.

No one expects you to contribute only 0 damage. If you don't have 7* Han Solo, feel free to lob you best team at the Rancor every time.

The 0-damage crew are the guys who already all have Han Solo to 7* and are intentionally tanking to get rewards, but allowing others to reap the higher shard counts.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I really want to five star the speed challenge with minimum investment in a resistance squad. I have all five at g8 right now. All 7star except Finn at 5. Any recommendations?

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

UmOk posted:

I really want to five star the speed challenge with minimum investment in a resistance squad. I have all five at g8 right now. All 7star except Finn at 5. Any recommendations?

I'm working at this too, when I get all of them g8 or above i'll throw all my best mods for survivability on them and try to cruise through with Finn Lead. I eventually wanna go Resistance for Arena but Zeta Finn is at LEAST several months out for me ( I have almost no dark side pilots geared or leveled :()

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
So, I'll have 7* Vader with a Zeta this time tomorrow. For heroic Rancor, Zader/Palp/TFP/Rex/ ?????? Who do I slot in fifth? Don't have Sidious. Do have Dooku and Maul for 7* Sith, RG for 7* Empire (and could farm up tarkin pretty quickly I guess?)

Other options include QGJ for TM down, Boba Fett for dots... ?

I'm still a few weeks out from Phasma.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Chilichimp posted:

JUST TO BE CLEAR, to all the new and low level players.

No one expects you to contribute only 0 damage. If you don't have 7* Han Solo, feel free to lob you best team at the Rancor every time.

The 0-damage crew are the guys who already all have Han Solo to 7* and are intentionally tanking to get rewards, but allowing others to reap the higher shard counts.

...wait, what? I thought it was for everyone. I don't have Han Solo unlocked yet but I've been doing the 0 damage thing for months now. I can just go balls to the wall now? In-game name is Xaus.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Wirth1000 posted:

...wait, what? I thought it was for everyone. I don't have Han Solo unlocked yet but I've been doing the 0 damage thing for months now. I can just go balls to the wall now? In-game name is Xaus.

lmbo sorry bruh

you still only get 1 attack though, so make it count

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Wirth1000 posted:

In IGD we call it the "zero damage club" and you become a member when you get your 7* Han.

Here's the rancor "rules", for IGD:
1. For 12 hours after the raid is started, everyone can only do zero damage attacks. This is so that everyone at least gets some rewards, as people are in different time zones. If you're sure you're going to around when the damage phase starts, you do not have to put a zero damage attack up.
2. One team attack, period, not counting the zero damage placeholder. It's easiest to put big numbers up in p1, so that's where the high scores generally come in.
3. If you have a 7* raid han, you're encouraged to minimize your damage, so that people who don't have him are able to get him quicker.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

UmOk posted:

The best ROI is Rey. Get her to G9 and she'll do a lot of the heavy lifting. Mods can also make all the difference.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Davethulhu posted:

In IGD we call it the "zero damage club" and you become a member when you get your 7* Han.

Here's the rancor "rules", for IGD:
1. For 12 hours after the raid is started, everyone can only do zero damage attacks. This is so that everyone at least gets some rewards, as people are in different time zones. If you're sure you're going to around when the damage phase starts, you do not have to put a zero damage attack up.
2. One team attack, period, not counting the zero damage placeholder. It's easiest to put big numbers up in p1, so that's where the high scores generally come in.
3. If you have a 7* raid han, you're encouraged to minimize your damage, so that people who don't have him are able to get him quicker.

The only downside to this is that you lose out on the better raid gear rewards if you've got seven star Han, but it does help the guild as a whole.

Longshoreman X
Aug 13, 2009
I just started playing this a few days ago so I'm not likely to contribute much-but if anyone has a spot in a guild that would be cool. Ally code is 377-122-558.

Thanks for the helpful op by the way.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

MichiganCubbie posted:

The only downside to this is that you lose out on the better raid gear rewards if you've got seven star Han, but it does help the guild as a whole.

If you're desperate for the raid gear rewards no-one will begrudge you tryharding it even with 7* Han. It's just a cool idea for those of us who have more furnace/scanner etc pieces than we know what to do with.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Ive gotten more full raid pieces (1) than I've ever got from finishing 5-15 (0)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Vulpes posted:

If you're desperate for the raid gear rewards no-one will begrudge you tryharding it even with 7* Han. It's just a cool idea for those of us who have more furnace/scanner etc pieces than we know what to do with.

yeah, it's just kind of a dick move to put up 1k dmg just so you're guaranteed to out-reward the 0-dmg club, but still not actually contribute to the raid.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

This is with bad mods on leia, still lots of guys at g10. P4, normal aat

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

two_step posted:

This is with bad mods on leia, still lots of guys at g10. P4, normal aat

Why leia instead of rex?

I need to G9/G10 trooper and G11 Cody then I'm looking at finally putting together the same squad. The only question is whether I stick to my guns and spend my next zeta (your drop rates are so much better than mine :argh:) on cody or sidious, I'm leaning towards cody more as I wouldn't know who to pull out of my pvp squad of Zader, EP, TFP, Zoba, Shore to slot Zid in. However, getting the clone squad up and running frees up rebels for p2 of hAAT as I've no idea how many months it's gonna take to get the stun cuffs i need for the droids squad, 2 cuffs for 1 gear level of 1 character (Engie) is such a dick move.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 21, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

rocket_Magnet posted:

Why leia instead of rex?

She group buffs crit chance on auto-attack, so toppling doesn't result in all yer dudes getting 1 shot by the shuttle.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

She group buffs crit chance on auto-attack, so toppling doesn't result in all yer dudes getting 1 shot by the shuttle.

I hope someone else on that team can provide a group-wide buff because sometimes my Leia doesn't proc poo poo and that's when AA pulls his weight.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It really is amazing how little MOST of the player base knows about the non-5's clones.

Rex has been a whale-only toon for like a loving year, so only top 10 guys have ever even seen him, and he's good as poo poo.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Dr. Venture posted:

I hope someone else on that team can provide a group-wide buff because sometimes my Leia doesn't proc poo poo and that's when AA pulls his weight.

rex can throw group tenacity up. Also, if you're still using rebels, I find that raid han is better than ackbar, better damage and can also throw a group buff.

edit:

Chilichimp posted:

It really is amazing how little MOST of the player base knows about the non-5's clones.

Rex has been a whale-only toon for like a loving year, so only top 10 guys have ever even seen him, and he's good as poo poo.

Rex was my first focus in the guild store once they put in new characters. he's so good.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I've been working on clone sergeant for my daily hard battles and I'm doing Maul/Clones in the guild store now.

Rex/Sun Fac were my first focus and they're both 7* now. Just need... GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAR

I finally got my Ewok Elder's loving Fusion Furnace and like immediately took him from GVIII to GX. Stupid loving Fusion Furnaces.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Quality of life update incoming, including adjustable combat speed, and saveable squad presets!

quote:

Greetings holotable heroes,
This week we're going to be highlighting features from our upcoming quality of life update. These features are meant to improve your play experiences and provide some other nifty improvements.
Today we're to talk about two new features, Saving Squad Configurations and Speeding Up Combat!
Saving Squad Configurations: Preset Squad Configurations can now be saved and selected in the squad selection screen. This feature is very robust allowing squads to be grouped into tabs (ex. AAT Squads) and rearranged/deleted.
Speed Up Combat: Combat speed can now be modified between three settings (1x, 2x, 4x). These speeds are independent of Auto or manual battle allowing increased speed while retaining manual strategy.
To see these new improvements in action be sure to check out the video from MobileGamer over on his channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti5Gx6_RfG4

Check back tomorrow as we'll be sharing details on other upcoming improvements to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

As far as I can tell from the video example of a ship fight it doesn't look like increasing "speed" is having an effect on the battle timer? anyone else want to check?

Edit: I muted him at the start but that's exactly what he says, speed doesnt affect battle timer, no more draws due to timeouts :neckbeard:

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 21, 2017

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Dr. Venture posted:

You don't understand how often she is attacking. In an average topple, she it attacking something like 4 or 5 times. I usually get 2 full cody specials off, plus she just hits all the time. The only guy that might have an issue with the buff running out is sarge because he basically always gets 50% TM after he attacks, but he gets that because he has offense up, so that keeps him safe. I didn't have anyone get killed by the ship for the first 15 or so topples, and only lost people even in the enrage because leia got killed first. The tank literally never had a turn other than after the topple the entire run.

Rex is super cool, I have had him for a while, but you really want the team the way I ran it for AAT. I use Rex for my clone team that can auto through most of GW.

Again, look at my damage amounts, Sarge is the most important guy to gear and mod up, he did a shitload of damage.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
That speed buff is going to own, that's half the reason I auto stuff and also it'll make running stuff without sim tickets a bit better I think.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Both sound like really good QoL stuff. Keeping all our squads straight is going to be so much easier.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yes, both excellent changes. Nice to see they listen to the community, eventually.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I still wish they would make Dooku just swing his saber twice if he is going to get a bonus attack instead of spending 8 hours running around because he loving counters every hit twice and attacks twice.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Can I get a goony guild add? I'm only Level 60 something, started last month, haven't given EA any money, don't have any heroes over 4 stars.

My ID: 4GVhnv7yTY2GTPqn74ijjA

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Need your 9 digit ally code brah

Longshoreman X posted:

I just started playing this a few days ago so I'm not likely to contribute much-but if anyone has a spot in a guild that would be cool. Ally code is 377-122-558.

Thanks for the helpful op by the way.

Sent you an ally invite, will invite to guild as soon as you accept.

Also, what is IGD membership currently? I want to do a postmortem on the QGJ hAAT attempt in an hour or two and talk about shuffling members so that instead of 2 guilds doing T7/T6 raids we can have one doing T7/T6 and one doing T7/T7.

General Probe fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

General Probe posted:

Need your 9 digit ally code brah

Sent you an ally invite, will invite to guild as soon as you accept.

Also, what is IGD membership currently? I want to do a postmortem on the QGJ hAAT attempt in an hour or two and talk about shuffling members so that instead of 2 guilds doing T7/T6 raids we can have one doing T7/T6 and one doing T7/T7.

I think if the top 5 contributors from QGJ swapped with the 5 most casual IGD folks, it would be more like T7/T7, T6/T6. Dark refreshment knocks out 30% of hpit for QGJ by himself.