Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Nice to hear Silent Voice come back, same with Ignited. Also, was that some weird MSV of the Asshimar that Hathaway fought?

Inferno-sama posted:

Wow, everyone's been playing for so long. I only started playing SRW about 8 years ago, and even then it was really just roms. First one I bought was Z2, if only for Gurren Lagann.
I started with the first OG games on GBA, then stumbled through Alpha 2 and Alpha Gaiden soon afterwards. I think the only game I have never finished was Impact because goddamn that thing was a slog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

AradoBalanga posted:

Nice to hear Silent Voice come back, same with Ignited. Also, was that some weird MSV of the Asshimar that Hathaway fought?

That was the Anksha from Gundam Unicorn.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
My SRW history: I played OG1 and 2 like a zillion years ago and didn't understand any part of it.

Then in college I played W. I didn't really have the attention span or Japanese for it, nor any of the next several I played including all three Alphas and OGs. I basically played it in scrub mode for the robot fights and dramatic entrances and music.

Around Z2's timeframe I played Z and Z2 and actually cared (doing the LPs helped a lot).

V is special to me because it's not only the first proper (console) and original (not a giant steaming pile of continuity) game in years, and the first such game I won't be way late to, but also the first non-continuity game I'll be playing as not a baby, so to speak.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Inferno-sama posted:

That was the Anksha from Gundam Unicorn.
I completely forgot that was in Unicorn at all.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ignited sounds real bad this time.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Levantine posted:

I ended up getting a physical copy from Play Asia - how long does it typically take to ship from them?

Last time when I ordered via express shipping from Play-asia (expensive option) for 2nd OGS I think it only took like 3-4 days? Can't 100% remember but it was pretty fast.

EDIT: I live in the USA.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 21, 2017

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Srw History: never heard of the game. Moved to Toronto for College back in 2006. I was(and still am) huge into gundam model kits so I went snooping around chinatown. There was this small model shop in which I saw the owner playing Super Robot Wars Alpha 3. The game blew my mind. Luckily the store owner was a great guy and we became friends.He actually taught me how to play the game.

been playing ever since. Can't believe It'll be ten years and I'm finally playing a non og srw with an official english translation.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I am so glad that we have at least one place here on SA that is genuinely excited for a new game. 4chan's /m/ seems to be all doom and gloom about this release.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ryoga posted:

I am so glad that we have at least one place here on SA that is genuinely excited for a new game. 4chan's /m/ seems to be all doom and gloom about this release.

/m/ is doom and gloom about literally every single SRW release. It's also where half the rumors about "this game is 3 stages long and all the animations are an etch-a-sketch' come from.

I mean I don't expect this to be Z-level game but I also didn't expect Z to be a Z-level game so I can be pleasantly surprised.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Honestly what doesn't /m/ hate at this point?

I swear, those guys just look for reasons to bicker with each other.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm just looking forward to a new SRW world, since the Z world was already pretty stale by the time of Z3-2 and the OG-verse since 2nd.

And ZZ Gundam. And maybe Daitarn 3's story and enemies this time??

edit: the OG-verse can actually get its rear end over to Alpha 3 aaaaaaaany time it loving wants now. When those few Balmari enemies appear in MD I was like yessssss! But then they were gone.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 21, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm just glad to have a single part SRW instead of two-parters.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Can I still hate SRW for not going back to the Z1 system for like a half dozen games now

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I nearly preordered from Play Asia but 20 dollar shipping is :psyduck: as gently caress. And y'all said free shipping is a very very bad idea. Now I just don't know what to do. :smith:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Rufus posted:

I nearly preordered from Play Asia but 20 dollar shipping is :psyduck: as gently caress. And y'all said free shipping is a very very bad idea. Now I just don't know what to do. :smith:

Get the digital version.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Im a big dumb idiot that would throw down for the most expensive fedex shipping and I would get it on release day.

Now i just get it digitally.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I just emailed them to cancel, felt a bit bad for myself since Play-Asia gouges you really really hard on the USD to SGD conversion, and bought through the SG store.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Ryoga posted:

How I deal with /m/ (and 4chan in general): grab cool images, ignore text.

The preload is sitting on my PS4, taunting me with its siren song (by JAM PROJECT naturally)

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

ImpAtom posted:

Get the digital version.

Physical Copy dawg. I am a collector. I am hard pressed to even spend 5 bucks on a digital game but give me 15-20 dollar physicals and I am like that scene where they find the bricks of weed in Half Baked.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Cheap Trick posted:

How I deal with /m/ (and 4chan in general): grab cool images, ignore text.

The preload is sitting on my PS4, taunting me with its siren song (by JAM PROJECT naturally)

Was the preload up already? I bought it from the SGN store but still says 16hr until release.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I would have gotten the express shipping, but it's sent by courier and I don't know what they'd do if i wasn't here tog rab it. The cheaper option has USPS as last mile and they just leave a slip int he box for me to go get it at the post office.

I think I started playing SRW in college, 2004-5ish. Got my hadns on OG and OG2 from a friend, and a patched version of Alpha Gaiden that I played to death.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RoyalScion posted:

Was the preload up already? I bought it from the SGN store but still says 16hr until release.

Yes, the preload should have started for you right away.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Weird, I guess the preload was just that fast then; my internet is super fast but usually PSN servers are really drat slow. Doesn't show up anywhere in my menus though.

Think I started with OG1 and OG2 on GBA then went forwards to W, back to J, then played K -> L -> 2nd OG -> OG MD

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 22, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I walked 6 miles in below freezing weather after school to the gamestop in the mall to go and buy OG2 GBA...and the store didn't have it that day

the walk back home was the coldest, worst feeling ever

(I walked the same 6 miles again and got my loving OG2 the next day)

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I saw a video of what I'm pretty sure was Epyon in Alpha in 2000 and I thought it was the coolest thing ever and I'd love to play that game if it ever got translated and I just couldn't understand why it wouldn't. Fast forward to OG1 coming out and it went from there. Couldn't believe we got a translated version of a SRW after OG2 and I think the part of me that still can't believe we're getting a mainline title translated is what is tempering expectations ready for it to be sub MD level.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I was already kind of into Gundam when I played SRW 3 and was blown away by the crazy robots. After that I found the GBA games and played the poo poo out of them all until I had the chance to pick up a PS2 and get into Alpha 3 (which must have been pretty new at the time). D got me hardcore into Getter and Alpha 3 got me way into GaoGaiGar especially.

Good times :allears:

e: Probably wouldnt be as crazy into robots as I am without accidentaly stumbling upon a weird fan translated SNES Rom during highschool.

KoB fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 22, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
If I remember right, around 2002 I got the Dreamcast version of Alpha 1 on a whim and was intrigued by the concept but was very disappointed with the animations and load times. Then I got Alpha 2 and was like holy poo poo so this is what SRW is supposed to look like. I played that and the PS1 version of Alpha 1 in tandem and was hooked forever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think the first one I ever actually played was... Advance? And after that Alpha and SRW3 and anything I could get my hands on.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
I've heard of SRW for the longest time, but I only jumped in with Z3.1. Z2 was tempting because TTGL, but I didn't have a PSP and I didn't really want to learn to play it in Japanese. Z3 had Gunbuster so I bit the bullet, bought it, and figured out how to play it because I love Gunbuster.

Captain Rufus posted:

I did economy because I can wait for this game. I was really excited for GGG, for which I regretted getting the slow shipping, but it took only 2 weeks longer for economy for me. I have not had any issues personally.

Now, if Gunbuster was in this game, then I sure would spend the extra $20 because then I would want the game ASAP.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

EthanSteele posted:

I saw a video of what I'm pretty sure was Epyon in Alpha in 2000 and I thought it was the coolest thing ever and I'd love to play that game if it ever got translated and I just couldn't understand why it wouldn't. Fast forward to OG1 coming out and it went from there. Couldn't believe we got a translated version of a SRW after OG2 and I think the part of me that still can't believe we're getting a mainline title translated is what is tempering expectations ready for it to be sub MD level.

Reminding me that the Alpha translation was like "Alright, we're almost done, just editing!" And then just completely died.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

My first was Alpha Gaiden. After I bounced off that about halfway through due to difficulty I switched to J and beat that, then OG1 and 2. The first I played in Japanese was Z2.1.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Supremezero posted:

"Alright, we're almost done, just editing!"

:negative:

I was vaguely aware of Super Robot Wars, primarily because I came across Mazinkaiser while searching online, and learned where it had come from. I never actually played any of them until AGTP patched Super Robot Wars 3. It is kind of hilarious how little I knew about mecha anime before playing that, and I became obsessed with it as a result.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Ugh, it unlocks tomorrow and I have a thing in the evening. See you on the slowplay side, everybody.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I could possibly work from home tomorrow but my coworkers already know when this game is coming out so if I say I'm going to my real reason would be transparent.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I could possibly work from home tomorrow but my coworkers already know when this game is coming out so if I say I'm going to my real reason would be transparent.

Just call out with Getter Ray Sickness and the Curse of Eva. They'll understand.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Just call out with Getter Ray Sickness and the Curse of Eva. They'll understand.
Actually Sanders himself never gets sick. Every other employee at each KFC he's been assigned to always ends up sick by their third shift together though.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
I first heard about SRW in late 2004 after MX came out, and happened to be in Tokyo the next spring, so I bought a JP PS2 and a copy of MX. Been a fan ever since.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

My coworkers are nerdy enough to know that that would mean I plan to slack off and play SRW tomorrow, that's for sure.

Edit: seriously though I need to come into the office tomorrow just so I can get anything done. If I'm at home the TV and PS4 with SRW and Nier will sitting unlocked and ready to play mocking me from across the room the whole time.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 22, 2017

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
My first interaction with SRW was getting the chance to play a friend's copy of OG1 and going, 'What the hell, this is just Fist of Mars with a more boring battle system' and ignoring it for another three years because I was a dumb kid with no taste, and it wasn't until I played a menu-patched version of W that I really got hooked and gave the OG games another shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Leaks are starting to pour out, if you are as impatient as I am.

cross ange cavity search scene is confirmed, with the text box blocking the naughty bits

• Locked thread