Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Zima is back y'all

Just in time for a party, where can I buy it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Zima is back y'all

in POG form!

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
did someone say gifs, because i got a great roll on this sniper rifle

http://i.imgur.com/5zGNCek.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

sniping is the new meta

http://i.imgur.com/CV8ntY0.gifv

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

haha shotguns went from 62% of special kills in trials to less than 3%.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

You dudes would've been proud, last round of our last trials match of the night we got double downed by a guy with a Saladin's Vigil from what felt like across the loving map (A special to tabletop)

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

actionjackson posted:

I'll do nf with you on Tuesday poom

Maybe it'll be good luck

You deleted me from your friends list

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Even better, shotguns went from 32% of ALL kills to 1.8% in trials.

Sidearms went from 3% of all kills to 29%.

http://guardian.gg/en/weapon-stats?platform=2&start=2017-01-22&end=2017-02-20&mode=14&activity=0

Trials nerds are just meta chasers.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

xzzy posted:

http://guardian.gg/en/weapon-stats?platform=2&start=2017-01-22&end=2017-02-20&mode=14&activity=0

Always has been this way.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

xzzy posted:

12% nlb use smh

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Menstrual Show posted:

You dudes would've been proud, last round of our last trials match of the night we got double downed by a guy with a Saladin's Vigil from what felt like across the loving map (A special to tabletop)

That's amazing. Gets my seal of approval.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Supremacy is amazing right now because nobody knows what to do without a shotgun.

http://guardian.gg/en/pgcr/6190592743

62 to 6. Those potatoes were all on a fireteam, no less. Don't eat paste, kids! :psyduck:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Special ammo wasn't even hard to get to be honest. Half of the teams we played just rushed to inside mid and sat there for 80 seconds, rushing out to get picked off one by one like idiots when the countdown started.

I started with a sniper and switched to wormwood in round 2, usually could get a pick at the started but it was mostly useless when they were camping inside. I think I only saw one shotgun in the 4 cards I played this weekend.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

el B posted:

You deleted me from your friends list

lol

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

fat princess strikes again

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Holy gently caress

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Menstrual Show posted:

haha shotguns went from 62% of special kills in trials to less than 3%.

Good.

gently caress off and die forever, shotguns. 2.5 years of dealing with fuckers running at me with them. Hope they keep this balance for Destiny 2.

Feels so drat good.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

xzzy posted:

The funny thing is that the 32% is under cutting it because it doesn't count shotgun/melee.

If it did it would be more like 50%. Which is just loving gross.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

CheeseFactory posted:

Good.

gently caress off and die forever, shotguns. 2.5 years of dealing with fuckers running at me with them. Hope they keep this balance for Destiny 2.

Feels so drat good.

Did shotguns really worry you that much, though? I mean, it sucks getting popped turning a corner but if you control the engagements you can backpedal your way to an entire TLW clip before they get to you, right? Or am I just still playing scrubs?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It'll be interesting to see what they do for D2. Do they try something completely different? Go back to what they know?

It'd be funny if they went for more of a Halo route.. specific types of special ammo spawn at specific points on the map and if you want a power weapon you gotta get to that ammo when the timer hits zero.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

:hai:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

xzzy posted:

It'll be interesting to see what they do for D2. Do they try something completely different? Go back to what they know?

It'd be funny if they went for more of a Halo route.. specific types of special ammo spawn at specific points on the map and if you want a power weapon you gotta get to that ammo when the timer hits zero.

I don't think they're going to do that. It kind of goes against the way you can build a character in Destiny.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Scuttlebutt is that D2 will be a lot like D1, iykwim

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
No way I read unfounded rumors on reddit it was brand new from the ground up!!!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They're using a brand new engine!!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Destiny 2: now with more vault space

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Menstrual Show posted:

Did shotguns really worry you that much, though? I mean, it sucks getting popped turning a corner but if you control the engagements you can backpedal your way to an entire TLW clip before they get to you, right? Or am I just still playing scrubs?

It was the only weapon class that really worried me. Mainly because it stopped me playing aggressive with Last Word and the whole fly by shotgun blast thing.

There is a million reasons why shotguns were good that we have covered before.

But yeah. They are still decent. Now that can't be used mid air is probably the single biggest refreshing thing, though. That and jug shield loving off.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

FishBulb posted:

No way I read unfounded rumors on reddit it was brand new from the ground up!!!

I heard Destiny 2 is being delayed 12 months because they had to move a rock.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Haha please tell me who.

Oddy and corey had a huge cry on facebook destiny group about it.
A couple of good guys who liked to get chirpy like rockstar pretty much straight up quit. I used to give them the dick on the reg anyway cause they were one dimensional players but their salt was nice to bathe in.

Veils was pretty sad about it all too crying about how trials was ruined.

I think the next salty batch of tears I'll get to marinate in will be the destiny wedding theme crowd crying about not being able to bring their chick exo warlock theyve had since alpha accross to d2. Looking forward to that as well.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

A couple of good guys who liked to get chirpy like rockstar pretty much straight up quit. I used to give them the dick on the reg anyway cause they were one dimensional players but their salt was nice to bathe in.

I think the next salty batch of tears I'll get to marinate in will be the destiny wedding theme crowd crying about not being able to bring their chick exo warlock theyve had since alpha accross to d2. Looking forward to that as well.

This makes me want to give a poo poo about the DESTINY community :allears:

New meta is quite good. As a sad byproduct of this flavor of good, a lot of personality has been wiped away in terms of weapons. And that has led to more Strikers and Voidwalkers than I recount ever being out so they can pathetically Panic Super. It's funny and far from perfect, but good.

This patch had a zero second learning curve for me because truly, I used a fusion for ages. It taught me that to get kills I must and will both actually aim a gun and take damage in the process. All the shotgun twats out there only knew getting close, facing someone, and people dying. Good riddance and goodnight, little turds, the time for relying on gun skill is here to give you night terrors.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

All players who i know and are poo poo with primary weapons.

Good.

This makes me happy.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm just sad I can't hold onto fusion ammo because I love space guns and tears. Which I guess my sadness gets me half of that anyway?

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

cvnvcnv posted:

This makes me want to give a poo poo about the DESTINY community :allears:

New meta is quite good. As a sad byproduct of this flavor of good, a lot of personality has been wiped away in terms of weapons. And that has led to more Strikers and Voidwalkers than I recount ever being out so they can pathetically Panic Super. It's funny and far from perfect, but good.

This patch had a zero second learning curve for me because truly, I used a fusion for ages. It taught me that to get kills I must and will both actually aim a gun and take damage in the process. All the shotgun twats out there only knew getting close, facing someone, and people dying. Good riddance and goodnight, little turds, the time for relying on gun skill is here to give you night terrors.

:same:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

All this PVP talk makes me want to play again, since I always mostly used my primary, loved sidearms, and for some reason could hardly kill poo poo with shotguns. Are pulses like the Aegis or Hawksaw still good?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hawksaw is a legit option, it's just not the jack of all trades it used to be. No gun works in all matchups right now though, so don't expect one to.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
a well rolled 7 impact pulse is still very good

my go to is still a pdx45 with sb pb cb. sometimes a perdition but the generic pulse firing sound it has really bugs me.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No wish you luck is a known jack off who gets mad tilted and yells at his teammates on stream

wish you luck is a known alt of rasheed wallace who used to post here

can confirm

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Got that Icebreaker mother fers ill see you in the trials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Hell yeah :hf: