Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Brewer makes that first a second so it's about what I thought imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Lmfao

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
God Bless Magic for immediately improving my team

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

chunkles posted:

*checks to make sure Lou Williams for Corey Brewer is a legal trade*

what the gently caress is up yall

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

chunkles posted:

what the gently caress is up yall

I read that and thought of you and then began to rethink my relationship with the internet

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

lol

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Wheeling.

And.

Dealing.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Magic owns Lmfao

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Lou Williams wins a playoff game and loses a playoff game for Houston

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Carlosologist posted:

Lou Williams wins a playoff game and loses a playoff game for Houston

Game 6 loss game 7 win against GS

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Corey Brewer makes more money than Lou Williams

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I wanna die

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Lou Williams is actually very good tbh

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Unironically think that Corey Brewer and the 25th-30th pick is better value to the Lakers than what Sacramento got for Boogie lol

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Carlosologist posted:

Unironically think that Corey Brewer and the 25th-30th pick is better value to the Lakers than what Sacramento got for Boogie lol

Well, we just fired the guys who had been doing great with late firsts/ early second rounders, so who knows

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I think that is pretty good for the Lakers, another late first rounder and they will be worse this year so more likely to keep their own pick

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rockets are going to play a James Harden, Lou Williams and Eric Gordon lineup at some point :2bong:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Doltos posted:

They need him. Casspi is a good outside shooter but they got nothing else besides Jrue to take pressure out of the paint. Also Cousins too I suppose.

Moore, Cunningham, and Hill are shooting from 3 as good or better than Jrue. Frazier is at 34% himself.

In the projected staring lineup, only AD would be poor 3pt shooter.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
That's a great situation for Lou Wiliams. When Harden goes to the bench he'll be able to create plenty of offense for them and they gave up nothing. Corey Brewer stinks and their first round pick will be so low that losing it doesn't hurt. They can always buy a second rounder to make up for it.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

chunkles posted:

Rockets are going to play a James Harden, Lou Williams and Eric Gordon lineup at some point :2bong:
I actually kind of like that with Dekker and Capela for a second unit scoring lineup.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/834144650675920896

This was four hours ago

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
NBA Trade Deadline: Best Sports Trade Deadline.

With MLB and NHL a distant second and third.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Maybe magic thought he was trading for james harden

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

straight up brolic posted:

I actually kind of like that with Dekker and Capela for a second unit scoring lineup.

it's going to be so fun to watch

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Only Magic Johnson can deal away one of the most sought-after sixth man shot creators for a top 25 pick and taking on salary

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Tae posted:

Only Magic Johnson can deal away one of the most sought-after sixth man shot creators for a top 25 pick and taking on salary

top 25 pick? I see you expect Lou to tank their chemistry and cause them to fall in the rankings

That pick is #28 right now

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

top 25 pick? I see you expect Lou to tank their chemistry and cause them to fall in the rankings

That pick is #28 right now

I'm accounting for the eventual Eric Gordan/Ryan Anderson time missing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hi I would like to turn your attention away from the trade for just a moment to let you know about the most Lance Stephenson thing that has ever happened

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/2/21/14693436/this-lance-stephenson-quote-is-actually-a-michael-jordan-quote

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Daryl Morey got a guy with a TS% above 60 and a 24.1 PER for Corey Brewer and a late first.

Welcome to the big time, Magic.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Why God

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

To be fair, this year is a huge outlier for Williams and he could go back to shooting like he did his first 10 years at any time. Worth it for the Rockets though.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Eltoasto posted:

To be fair, this year is a huge outlier for Williams and he could go back to shooting like he did his first 10 years at any time. Worth it for the Rockets though.

Even if he does, then he is still an incredibly efficient player because of how well he draws FTs

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/834212316149379072

The best deadline ever

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Really just replacing Brewer with a good three point shooter is an upgrade for the Rockets, and he'll get more open shots on the Rockets than he did on the Lakers.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The Glumslinger posted:

Even if he does, then he is still an incredibly efficient player because of how well he draws FTs

It's not that much of an outlier. He's always been a good scorer. He's shooting a little better this year, but his volume (total shots and 3s) is the highest it's ever been.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Regardless of an outlier year, the Rockets got a good back-up guard for basically nothing when that's been one of their biggest problems in the Harden era. Especially one that can create his own shot.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
You also have to figure just getting to rest Harden for a couple extra minutes here and there is big long-term benefit for the Rockets.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Blind Pineapple posted:

You also have to figure just getting to rest Harden for a couple extra minutes here and there is big long-term benefit for the Rockets.

I think Feigen's article said that and injury insurance was basically the main reason they were looking to add another rotation player.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Spoeank posted:

Hi I would like to turn your attention away from the trade for just a moment to let you know about the most Lance Stephenson thing that has ever happened

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/2/21/14693436/this-lance-stephenson-quote-is-actually-a-michael-jordan-quote

"nba where amazing happens" - got some chores tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Lou Williams, the savage

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/834211050794921984

• Locked thread