Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

or did I just get whoosed

there is nothing to get in c-spam. everything is surface level idiocy. Which is why c-spam is great because it is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

euphronius posted:

grossly unconstituional

is it another loving standing argument

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

stop talkin like a squid before you get scorched, bub

scorch this

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

euphronius posted:

im refering to that 3 second gif

:crossarms:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Can people c/p the relevant passages on wapo or is that against the rules?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I live around and talk with these people irl :shobon:

*reads page* oh it's already on the internet, looks like this checks out

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

tromp

tromp?

TROOOMMPPPPPPPPPPPP

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

GobiasIndustries posted:

Hmm, this seems just a bit hosed up. But hey, in Trump's America I guess it's just another Tuesday!
https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/834212197140197376
https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/834209099608891393

cool

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Baloogan posted:

you write off that many groups you aren't going to win a drat thing aside from my contempt!

oh no!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Baloogan posted:

there is nothing to get in c-spam. everything is surface level idiocy. Which is why c-spam is great because it is good.

you and your eleventh dimensional chess

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

Vets went 2:1 for Trump and active duty went 3:1
well, I guess I can't blame the ones I know irl for this colossal fuckup at least

Chokes McGee posted:

*reads page* oh it's already on the internet, looks like this checks out
not everything about peoples' lives make it beyond indexable facebook pages, despite what social media will want you to believe

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Al! posted:

is it another loving standing argument

certify a class . whatever.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

ya, those people are the ones intentionally keeping a 150 year old industrial model for education in the classroom. Public schools are still designed to have standardized testing so that you go right off to the factory after learning the basics. Why else do they have GED programs? :v:

There has to come to a point where the wealthy just can't keep getting away with it smh~

not sure about the rest of the country but standardized testing became a huge thing in MA in the 90s and over time it became more and more apparent that there were clearly ulterior motives behind it...

quote:

One of the consistent findings of this research is that demography explains most of the variation in test scores from district to district. Results from this year's research are similar to results from last year's work: about 84% of the variation in test results (scores for all of the test-taking students for the nine MCAS tests combined) is explained by demography. That is why Weston and Wayland (note: very wealthy) have high MCAS scores and why Holyoke and Brockton (note: very poor) have low MCAS scores. Thus, though demography is not destiny, it sets a strong tendency." In the end, wrote the Donahue Report, the MCAS scores tell more about a district's real estate values than the quality of its schools.

i kno this personally because i went to one of the highest scoring schools in the state and still received a piss poor public school secondary education comprised mostly of rote bullshiet (aside from a few good teachers that bent over backwards for me :love: )...said town is also promoted up and down for it's 'excellent schools'

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
also how do you "win" baloogan's default state idgi

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
gary!

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Chokes McGee posted:

also how do you "win" baloogan's default state idgi

you also have to have a psychotic disorder

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mariana Horchata posted:

not sure about the rest of the country but standardized testing became a huge thing in MA in the 90s and over time it became more and more apparent that there were clearly ulterior motives behind it...

i kno this because i went to one of the highest scoring schools in the state and still received a piss poor public school secondary education comprised mostly of rote bullshiet (aside from a few good teachers that bent over backwards for me :love: )

I had a girlfriend in high school whose piano teacher bent over backwards for her

it didn't end well for anyone involved

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lizard squad release the piss tape

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the lifers or the racist flakes?

i can tell you with absolute certainty that the lifers are neoconservative at worst and are rightfully angry

my dad voted trump (retired officer) and is loving pissed about mattis

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

euphronius posted:

you fucks live thru swift boat captains for truth

that was some other level poo poo.

i was in highschool for that and didnt pay much attention to it.

i was more confused about why people hated kerry's service in vietnam and his fight/testimony to end that war, but never bothered to dig deeper than that.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BarronsArtGallery posted:

you also have to have a psychotic disorder

looks like we're gtg then

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Baloogan posted:

sure but can you explain the ed balls thing?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mormonpartyboat posted:

What specifically about Mattis?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

mormonpartyboat posted:

:ocelot::shepface:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oh god what happened today

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Chokes McGee posted:

I had a girlfriend in high school whose piano teacher bent over backwards for her

it didn't end well for anyone involved

it's always the piano teachers

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Solarin posted:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

euphronius posted:

Studio Ghibli is not anime

look how wrong you are

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mariana Horchata posted:

it's always the piano teachers

it's because all classical musicians are vain hedonists

the same way all writers are drunks

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Solarin posted:

People like typing "balls".

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Baloogan posted:

lol surface level, you got that from that cams meltdown post didnt you :grin:

also sources and citations in C-SPAM has always been hearsay and anecdotal, everything is now facts in this alt-reality. Reporting is fake news, however

if you tell a story to paint a better picture, it's not a fabrication, it's just painting a better picture, then you should take it absolutely at face value as how your story about talking with 3 people irl makes up for an entire voter base who believed this sincerely.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Solarin posted:

every team needs a mascot

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Augus posted:

trump

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Solarin posted:

https://twitter.com/edballs/status/63623585020915713?lang=en

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
What a lizard squad and does it come w some cool iguanas or something

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Augus posted:

GOP's proposed health plan is a reagan-era death spiral

bonus: it affects vets

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

look how wrong you are

that post is making me shake w rage irl

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Agrajag posted:

i was in highschool for that and didnt pay much attention to it.

i was more confused about why people hated kerry's service in vietnam and his fight/testimony to end that war, but never bothered to dig deeper than that.

kerry volunteered for combat duty IN THE NAVY and reupped for multiple? tours becuase he felt a duty to serve. won many medals

W did coke in houston and helped on a campaign for a family friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lastgirl posted:

lol surface level, you got that from that cams meltdown post didnt you :grin:

also sources and citations in C-SPAM has always been hearsay and anecdotal, everything is now facts in this alt-reality. Reporting is fake news, however

if you tell a story to paint a better picture, it's not a fabrication, it's just painting a better picture, then you should take it absolutely at face value as how your story about talking with 3 people irl makes up for an entire voter base who believed this sincerely.

just for the record I was not serious about citations idrgaf

• Locked thread