Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also Ange thinks Setsuna's voice is attractive.

Because Mamoru Miyano also plays Tusk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mamoru Miyano is a talented actor who keeps getting some absurdly poo poo roles.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Just remember that R1+X or O maybe, still skips the text real fast!

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

ImpAtom posted:

Mamoru Miyano is a talented actor who keeps getting some absurdly poo poo roles.

But also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBE6mCYshZM

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like how Berah/Cecily actually resembles her F91 self and not whatever the hell happened in the Crossbone manga.

(Not my image)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I would say his best role is probably Berg Katz or Ryuji from Persona 5 TBH. Goddamn was he good as Berg Katz.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

ImpAtom posted:

I would say his best role is probably Berg Katz or Ryuji from Persona 5 TBH. Goddamn was he good as Berg Katz.

Katze was amazing. Did they process his voice for Insight or did he just... change it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

Katze was amazing. Did they process his voice for Insight or did he just... change it?

I skipped Insight unfortunately so I'm not sure. :smith:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Raxivace posted:

I like how Berah/Cecily actually resembles her F91 self and not whatever the hell happened in the Crossbone manga.

(Not my image)
They did that for Alpha 2 as well; have Seabook, Cecily and Zabine all resemble their F91 versions, while everyone else was cribbed from Crossbone.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Concerning the protagonist choice:
It's apparently a Z1 situation where both choices have their own cast list and storyline for most of the game.

So yay for replay value I guess.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 22, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Christ, I may have to buy it if that's the case.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Spoiler concerning the protagonist choice:

It's apparently a Z1 situation where both choices have their own cast list and storyline for most of the game.

Nice, that'll certainly be more variety than MD's 'Pick all the right branches' then 'pick all the left branches' that I did.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Crossbone units/ Xi Gundam confirmed to not be pilot locked. It's time for unloved pilots to shine!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pureauthor posted:

Spoiler concerning the protagonist choice:

I think this should be unspoilered since it's gonna be a a major selling point for the game.

Edit: or maybe there are people who don't like it that way? For them too it's important pre-purchase info.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think this should be unspoilered since it's gonna be a a major selling point for the game.

Edit: or maybe there are people who don't like it that way? For them too it's important pre-purchase info.
for a second i thought this was quoting the cross ange thing, lol

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

for a second i thought this was quoting the cross ange thing, lol

Truly the greatest selling point, I'm sure.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ryoga posted:

Crossbone units/ Xi Gundam confirmed to not be pilot locked. It's time for unloved pilots to shine!

Yesssss, to the bench Hathaway.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

And now watch him be forced deployed for plot reasons constantly.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It's finally Katz's time to shine.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
according to the /m/ SRW General the series are divided as such;

New Calendar: Yamato, Crossbone, Main Character

AD: Zambot, Daitarn, SEED Destiny, 00, Might Gain, Nadesico, Cross Ange*

UC: Gundam series (Minus Crossbone), Getter, Mazinger, Full Metal Panic, Evangelion

*technically this makes for 4 worlds since there's also the Dragon Earth from Cross Ange

Male Character initially goes to UC, Female to AD

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I got into SRW as a dumb teen. I read fanfics then, and EVA had caught my fancy, so I wanted to know more about it. That lead me to Alpha 3 and MX videos, which lead me to more videos, which lead to wikipedia. Eventually I was able to grab OG2, which was kinda fuckin hard for an idiot like me. Since then I've played the J translation and OGMD, and in like another month my copy of V will get here.

I don't care about EVA as much anymore, but SRW is something I enjoy thinking about a lot.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I'm gonna lol if the reason Izumi is not a deployable character is because a translator said "gently caress no".

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ugh, this game sounds so drat good but I never finished Moon Dwellers and with Switch coming so soon, Yakuza 0 unfinished, and Nioh still here I'd feel real dumb dropping even more money on games I haven't finished.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I pre-ordered V which means it'll be the first SRW I've played that wasn't a few years old. I still haven't gotten around to buying Z3.2 yet even. I've been playing SRW since OG2 came out in the states because back then I bought every single SRPG I could get my hands on so I grabbed OG1 by coincidence. I didn't really like robots much outside of a couple Gundam shows until a few years later when I heard about J being translated and figured I'd give it a go, and I've been hooked on the series and mecha anime since.

I'm really not looking forward to missing like every secret, but I got the game with regular shipping so maybe they'll be mostly found out before I get it in a month. How long do the official secret lists usually take to be released?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ryoga posted:

I'm gonna lol if the reason Izumi is not a deployable character is because a translator said "gently caress no".

Huh?

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy

Maki Izumi from Nadesico is a translator's worst nightmare: a character who speaks primarily in REALLY bad Japanese puns. They pretty much excised this from her dialogue in the ADV Films dub altogether, but it's all over the place in the original Japanese script.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

imagine a character who's every line is essentially "Untranslatable Japaneses pun", and then you have an idea.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

EGSunBro posted:

I pre-ordered V which means it'll be the first SRW I've played that wasn't a few years old. I still haven't gotten around to buying Z3.2 yet even. I've been playing SRW since OG2 came out in the states because back then I bought every single SRPG I could get my hands on so I grabbed OG1 by coincidence. I didn't really like robots much outside of a couple Gundam shows until a few years later when I heard about J being translated and figured I'd give it a go, and I've been hooked on the series and mecha anime since.

I'm really not looking forward to missing like every secret, but I got the game with regular shipping so maybe they'll be mostly found out before I get it in a month. How long do the official secret lists usually take to be released?

Official secret lists don't hit until the full guide comes out basically. Anything before that is assumption and guesswork.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Is there any decent alternative to P-A for Signapore codes?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ashsaber posted:

imagine a character who's every line is essentially "Untranslatable Japaneses pun", and then you have an idea.

yeah but is there any indication she isn't playable?

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Unless they wrote her out of the plot as well she will still be there. Even if she wasn't a pilot and had no combat lines she would still have dialogue. Plus it would be super weird to write her out of the Japanese version because some random translator didn't want to translate her puns.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

Is there any decent alternative to P-A for Signapore codes?

offgamers.com gets them to me quickly, i.e. within minutes

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

There might have been some joking involved with the earlier exchange but I'm not sure .

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Endorph posted:

Ryoko is the only one of the team that you can deploy, Izumi and Hikaru show up for the formation attack that you can select normally from her attack menu.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ryoga posted:

Ryoko is the only one of the team that you can deploy, Izumi and Hikaru show up for the formation attack that you can select normally from her attack menu.
Oh, I guess that would be a thing that could happen. I'd be sad though.

Still so long, but I am determined to stay up and play it a bit (and Nier), even with a work day tomorrow. I'm not as young as I used to be though.

edit: I guess I could use this time to update the OP to put V front and center, but should I just say screw it and make a simple op just about V, and then ask a mod to make the title reflect that?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Feb 22, 2017

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I'll probably do the cheap poo poo shipping long as I'll get it. I have enough games to last me until the heat death of the Universe already so I can wait 2-4 weeks. Maybe I can get through Shovel Knight and Vermintide before then?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I just updated the OP to focus on V, and Video Games changed the title for me so he has a steel soul of justice inside him.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
The SRW Mobage X-O is having a Sakura Wars collaboration.

At least this means there's no issues with getting the licence now.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Davzz posted:

The SRW Mobage X-O is having a Sakura Wars collaboration.

At least this means there's no issues with getting the licence now.
Is there any reason to think it will have any music or voices? Just licensing the characters' and robots' images seems to be the easiest part.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Feb 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, I guess that would be a thing that could happen. I'd be sad though.

Still so long, but I am determined to stay up and play it a bit (and Nier), even with a work day tomorrow. I'm not as young as I used to be though.

edit: I guess I could use this time to update the OP to put V front and center, but should I just say screw it and make a simple op just about V, and then ask a mod to make the title reflect that?

No corn theme? For shame Sanders.

Any universal SRW tips for a goon's first foray into the series?

• Locked thread