Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

chunkles posted:

By playing the Rockets, and being the most depraved cherry picker who's ever lived

He cherry picked so much that game that I think he may be the lost, 4th Ball brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

The Duggler posted:

Lou Will sucks and trading him gives him a chance to chuck the Rockets out of the playoffs so I'm not bothered by this at all
who you think Lou Williams is is Jamal Crawford, unfortunately. Lou is insanely good.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

who you think Lou Williams is is Jamal Crawford, unfortunately. Lou is insanely good.

I think insanely good is a bit of a stretch. He is absolutely abysmal defensively.

I'd put him in a "pretty good" category.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
insanely good 6th man is pretty fair.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spacebump posted:

Somebody please trade for Bogut. Time is running out on this great value. Act today.

Can you throw in Wes?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Paul Zuvella posted:

I think insanely good is a bit of a stretch. He is absolutely abysmal defensively.

He's literally better than Lillard this season, statswise.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Lou Will has a Drake song about him, instant franchise prestige

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

straight up brolic posted:

He's literally better than Lillard this season, statswise.

He's been so good Lakers guy had a Lou sign. He'll be so sad now.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I wonder what the Lakers are going to do with that late first. They have so many young guys you think they'd have to start trading some assets for veterans.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Doltos posted:

I wonder what the Lakers are going to do with that late first. They have so many young guys you think they'd have to start trading some assets for veterans.

Depending on where they land in the lottery, package, just as an example, #3 and that pick to move up? My understanding is barring injury the top 5 looks pretty solid this year.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Strawberry Panda posted:

We should put Lakers guy into cryo-sleep until the Lakers are good again. He's looked pretty bad lately

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chunkles posted:

We should put Lakers guy into cryo-sleep until the Lakers are good again. He's looked pretty bad lately

honestly i will bet anything that lakers guy is over the moon that magic johnson is calling the shots now

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Take it from a Raptors fan: Lou Williams 100% sucks in the playoffs/any high-pressure situation because he is utterly predictable and refs won't fall for his flailing garbage moves.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

chunkles posted:

I think Jack is just old now

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Depending on where they land in the lottery, package, just as an example, #3 and that pick to move up? My understanding is barring injury the top 5 looks pretty solid this year.

That pick isn't going to help in any trade to move up in that situation. Especially if you're trying to get to #1 because Fultz is far ahead of everyone else right now.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
On a side note I don't think I've ever seen such a great prospect on such a poo poo team since DeMarcus Ware played for Troy

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/GregBensel/status/834208456974417920

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Strawberry Panda posted:

Haha that dang dude rules. I seriously can't think of a bigger heel-face turn than the Lakers guy when he kept rooting for stupid poo poo teams with the same rear end in a top hat overconfidence he had for Kobe Lakers. Like watching Vader throw Palpatine into the void. Like if the Yankees_fans.gif kept going and a runaway bus pulled into the shot and they all leap't onto the field like synchronized divers to save a litter of kittens and a line of baby ducks from the tires

You really don't expect those dudes to stick around holding up aggressive signs when the team is 20 games below .500 with Nick Young as their go-to-dude but there he was

go LLLLlllLLlLllllLLLakers I'm the worst Knicks fan ever I kinda like the Celtics and the Lakers and the Bulls

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

It's all worth it.

All of it.

Take care of Boogie :(

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Found this retweeted on Boogie's twitter:
https://twitter.com/nikebasketball/status/833404995890511872
That's a Flat Earth subtweet right

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I can't wait for AD/Boogie to be a trainwreck. Everyone is gonna lose it

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spoeank posted:

It's all worth it.

All of it.

Take care of Boogie :(

I'm trying real hard not to fan geek over everything about the possibilities here because it feels like dancing on a grave. :(

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

The Duggler posted:

I can't wait for AD/Boogie to be a trainwreck. Everyone is gonna lose it

I don't see why they would be much of a trainwreck, they compliment eachother well and can space the floor to negate the normal problems of having multiple focal bigs

The real question is if the guards are enough for the team

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

I don't see why they would be much of a trainwreck, they compliment eachother well and can space the floor to negate the normal problems of having multiple focal bigs

The real question is if the guards are enough for the team

I'm not expecting it to be really, I'm just bracing for the shitstorm that is going to be their loss to the Rockets

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

hadn't been paying attention today and clicked onto espn.com

saw Hoston trades for Lou Williams. Huh, seems like a nice pickup

Then saw, Houston trades Corey brewer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcwWl5JBnoU&t=8s

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I'm waiting for boogie to rip davis' unibrow off with his bare hands and serve a suspension every other week so i'll be able to say I told ya'll, I told ya'll vivek was a visionary and that boy was devil reincarnate, he's poisonous

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

G-Hawk posted:

hadn't been paying attention today and clicked onto espn.com

saw Hoston trades for Lou Williams. Huh, seems like a nice pickup

Then saw, Houston trades Corey brewer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcwWl5JBnoU&t=8s

And people keep trying to convince me that the Lakers somehow got a good deal in this

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The Duggler posted:

I'm not expecting it to be really, I'm just bracing for the shitstorm that is going to be their loss to the Rockets

I'm actually expecting the Pels to lose that game on Thursday. The offense is going to change at a fundamental level for every single player and Cuz doesn't know the defensive scheme, yet, which has been the team's calling card this season.

I'm expecting a good bit of bumbling and confusion from everyone on offense and missed assignments galore on defense while still showing flashes of what can/will be.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

EvanTH posted:

Haha that dang dude rules. I seriously can't think of a bigger heel-face turn than the Lakers guy when he kept rooting for stupid poo poo teams with the same rear end in a top hat overconfidence he had for Kobe Lakers. Like watching Vader throw Palpatine into the void. Like if the Yankees_fans.gif kept going and a runaway bus pulled into the shot and they all leap't onto the field like synchronized divers to save a litter of kittens and a line of baby ducks from the tires

You really don't expect those dudes to stick around holding up aggressive signs when the team is 20 games below .500 with Nick Young as their go-to-dude but there he was

go LLLLlllLLlLllllLLLakers I'm the worst Knicks fan ever I kinda like the Celtics and the Lakers and the Bulls

Honestly, it's made me like Lakers Guy. Dude is obviously a terrible rich douche but he's not a front-running terrible rich douche who loses interest in the team the second they're not making the Finals every year!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

Lou Williams has been a sneaky-good scorer for a long time. Unfortunately he's always had problems staying healthy. I think he's missed 20+ games in a season five times.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

in case anyone thinks chunkles and I are exaggerating about corey brewer, he has a PER of 7.65. #330 out of 344 qualified on espn. He is shooting 23% from 3 and 41% from the field. After 27% and 38% last year. He is mostly taking open 3s and fast break layups. He also doesn't really play defense, just goes for steals.

He is real, real bad and i would have literally traded corey brewer and 1st rounder for magic beans just to stop corey brewer from getting minutes. He will, 2-3 times a year, go insane and score a bunch. Other than that he is one of the worst black holes i've ever seen on a basketball team

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

G-Hawk posted:

in case anyone thinks chunkles and I are exaggerating about corey brewer, he has a PER of 7.65. #330 out of 344 qualified on espn. He is shooting 23% from 3 and 41% from the field. After 27% and 38% last year. He is mostly taking open 3s and fast break layups. He also doesn't really play defense, just goes for steals.

He is real, real bad and i would have literally traded corey brewer and 1st rounder for magic beans just to stop corey brewer from getting minutes. He will, 2-3 times a year, go insane and score a bunch. Other than that he is one of the worst black holes i've ever seen on a basketball team

And yet there are a lot of Lakers fans trying convince me I'm a moron for complaining about the trade

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

And yet he's still having a better season than Brandon Ingram.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Crazy Ted posted:

And yet he's still having a better season than Brandon Ingram.

You have lit the Rick signal.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Because we don't know if rumors are true or not, I'm not going to get mad about that deal because I can't prove the Indiana, Utah or Washington rumors were true. But if they were, those were better deals than the Rockets deal, because picks were involved and like even if the talent wasn't great coming back, like sometimes when you get a guy who's like a 25 year old 12th man he surprises you. That was something that Mitch Kupchak, was, really really good at extracting out of these deals. "Throw ins" or "salary matches" that ended up being productive players. Not Corey Brewer, who really needs to retire.

Whatever, though. In the interest of trying to be rational which is what I have to do at the moment because I sports-hate Magic Johnson so much right now I need to do this, it's not as bad as like the rumored Warriors or Cavs deal, which did give the Lakers one of the young guys they're incubating, but, for a pick super far in the future or in the second. And it wasn't as bad as the Pistons rumor which made zero sense at all for the Lakers.

The Lakers had to have a pick this year, so at least that part was accomplished if they were going to move Williams. There are good players at 28. The Lakers just lost, two of the people who did their college scouting, but, they still have one of those guys left so hopefully that is enough. I hope.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol. I'll bite. INGRAM'S NUMBERS ARE A LOT BETTER THAN BREWERS basically from January forward. Ingram just had like the worst November a player has ever had. But he's also younger than some high school to NBA dudes were in their first NBA season.

Rick fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Feb 22, 2017

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

I know, but he's just...ugh. Obviously there's talent in Ingram, but:
  • One of two players in the NBA with a VORP of -1.0 or worse
  • 3rd worst (4th worst???) PER of all players who've played more than 1,000 minutes
  • Worst TS% all players who've played more than 1,000 minutes
  • Managed to go three straight games with a negative Game Score to end January
Let's just say it's been a rough rookie season for him.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Ingram is also the only member of the Lakers core that has star potential. You've got to hold on to him and let him play through it.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

roundmidnight posted:

Ingram is also the only member of the Lakers core that has star potential. You've got to hold on to him and let him play through it.
He has star potential, but there's potential that letting him struggle this much for the entire season could lead to him forming bad habits which would then be hard to break. I wasn't saying they should trade him or anything like that.

I don't know what the obvious solution to something like that would be, short of giving him a short stint in the D-League just to work on some thing.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kings are interested in Bojan Bogdanovic and already have the rights to Bogdan Bogdanovic. Dejan, explain to me the ramifications

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

WhyteRyce posted:

Kings are interested in Bojan Bogdanovic and already have the rights to Bogdan Bogdanovic. Dejan, explain to me the ramifications

I hope they pick 0 and 00 for their jerseys

• Locked thread