Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I may have missed it but has this new group revealed what idiotic term they refer to the zombies as? I'd like to think it can't be worse than bobbers but I'm sure it is.
That would have been great if when Negan showed up, he just called them zombies and laughed at the main characters when they said "walkers."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Fog Tripper posted:

Hot to you is Agent Smith in apocolyptic drag?

Maybe I have a thing for Vulcans.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Stickarts posted:

He will no doubt be replaced by someone more "energetic", which will in turn set off a chain of events which leads to the kingdom joining the war.

Someone will shoot the tiger, which will set Ezekiel off, finally. But not before the show has exhausted all the possible permutations.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Sulman posted:

Someone will shoot the tiger, which will set Ezekiel off, finally. But not before the show has exhausted all the possible permutations.

Shiva will turn on Ezekial and declare her loyalty to Daryl, the true King.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sulman posted:

But not before the show has exhausted all the possible permutations.

I loving dread the amount of pleads and speeches yet to come in this garbage season.

E: Maybe the writers tried to be clever and the garbage heap symbolizes how poo poo this season has been. The glueheads were the disillusioned fans still desperately salvaging anything of value.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

ditty bout my clitty posted:

I loving dread the amount of pleads and speeches yet to come in this garbage season.

E: Maybe the writers tried to be clever and the garbage heap symbolizes how poo poo this season has been. The glueheads were the disillusioned fans still desperately salvaging anything of value.

:woah:

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

John F Bennett posted:

Was it 'up, up' or 'up, up, up'?

I thought I heard three ups, can someone confirm.

It was the up, up, up.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

IMB posted:

It's so funny. I keep watching this show and like for some reason I'm entertained but the whole time I'm like "this is trash" and "this moment is so dumb."

And then I come here and like 50% of the thread can't follow even basic clues. "WHAT IS RICK SMILING AT?"

I thought Rick was smiling because:

1. He just found more cannon fodder for his fight with The Saviors
2. He was right about Gabriel

I think most folk have caught on that the season premier, mid-end season episodes and season finale are pretty much all you need to give a drat about. Losing good, lovable characters didn't help either. The Saviors war will probably only start either at the end of this season and drag out till the end of S8. Honestly I should join the smart folk but it's still better than FTWD and I'm a sucker for this dumb drawn out show.

The way they are building up Carol you would think she can take on the Saviors solo and since this is a comic book adaption it seems like the logical step.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I hope they get all the mcpoyles on a bus to go fight Negan and the bus falls off a cliff before they get there

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

So with metal head covered spiky zombie it's pretty apparent that TWD writers watch, and steal from, Z-Nation. Who would've guessed!?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Johnny Truant posted:

So with metal head covered spiky zombie it's pretty apparent that TWD writers watch, and steal from, Z-Nation. Who would've guessed!?

They aren't stealing enough.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

redleader posted:

Admittedly I wasn't paying that much attention, but it looked like Gabriel was loving about in the pantry all by himself. I didn't see anyone else at least.

At the very end when he was driving away someone else popped up in the passenger seat. It was barely noticeable because it was so dark. Then, quick cut to the opening credits. It was a blink and you missed it moment.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I actually kind of like the direction the last couple episodes have been going in. A lot of it is ridiculous and dumb but it's fun and this new group is like the epitome of that. Their whole premise is ridiculous and the way they talk, I'm surprised the leader didn't introduce herself as Jadis kom Trashkru.

But at least this is entertaining for me, unlike most of what I've seen from the show over the last year or two. I liked the stupid zombie clothesline from the previous episode, that The Kingdom is getting more airtime, and the hosed up cenobite of a walker Rick had to fight. I don't even care if most of it doesn't make any goddamn sense.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
good because it doesnt

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
When Poor Man's Milla Jovovich said "Up Up Up", I thought she said "Pop Pop" and thought she was taking Rick to an attic.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
You can't write a group of trash scavengers that talk like a medieval tribe and say things like "The Up Up Up" and get away with it unless you are literally George Miller. And George Miller wouldn't write something that stupid.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Vintersorg posted:

Maybe I have a thing for Vulcans.

She's a size queen in Filth and also gets naked in The Woman (not in a nice way) if you're interested.

I've just sat through the entirety of the show, getting caught up from series 1 and I'm enjoying 7 more than any of the others. I guess it's because what's fun to me is the relationships between what's left after the apocalypse and the Saviours give more of a hopeless feeling than the stuff that you got from Woodberry. I also like the idea that there's a proper endgame. I'm not used to watching enormous serials that go on for series after series with no end point so having Negan and the Saviours there works a bit better for me.

However, not enough time's passed since the apocalypse. It's what, two years? How the gently caress are these people speaking so weirdly and how have things like the Kingdom and etc formed in that time? I know it doesn't matter but I think it'd be better if it was maybe a decade or two since everything happened.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Kingdom makes more sense than the garbagemen. There was a bunch of demoralized people basically waiting to die, then a dude with huge dreads and a loving tiger shows up, uses his Shakespearean training to rouse them out of their stupor, and they all go along with it. It's an act, but they all know it's an act.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Kingdom makes more sense than the garbagemen. There was a bunch of demoralized people basically waiting to die, then a dude with huge dreads and a loving tiger shows up, uses his Shakespearean training to rouse them out of their stupor, and they all go along with it. It's an act, but they all know it's an act.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the Kingdom is stupid. It's more that all the arrangements with the Saviours feel like things that have been going on for a long time and slowly getting worse but there's just not been enough time for that to happen.

The garbagemen is totally beyond it though. There's so many of them and they've all lived as part of the normal world, why do they have their own language already?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
They should've went full Beyond Thunderdome and made them all children.

I thought it was weird that Rick is okay with Gabriel dooming them by letting them take the supplies instead of sacrificing himself to alert the sleeping Alexandrians.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Feb 22, 2017

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Why and how the hell did he even know to check the pantry, abandoning his post in the process

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Why does Rick want to recruit these retard dumpster hillbillies who have no guns and can't even hold a conversation

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Why don't Rick and company travel 4 miles to the Pentagon and take that over or at least scour it for guns and stuff?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
these are all good questions and will be answered on the mext episode of- Never

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Why don't Rick and company just pack up and drive to Pennsylvania or down to Norfolk or something? Go take over a freighter or battleship or something? Who gives a poo poo about this stupid gated community that has no supplies in it anymore?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I feel like Dulles or Reagan would be highly defendable and livable and they'd be able to see anyone coming across the tarmac for hundreds of yards in any direction

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Sjs00 posted:

Why and how the hell did he even know to check the pantry, abandoning his post in the process

It was very fortunate for Jadis and the Junkyard Gang that Gabriel was the only person in all of Alexandria on watch that night.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Why does Rick want to recruit these retard dumpster hillbillies who have no guns and can't even hold a conversation

And nearly killed him for no reason.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 22, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Why don't Rick and company travel 4 miles to the Pentagon and take that over or at least scour it for guns and stuff?

Do you think they keep all the guns in the Pentagon?

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Why don't Rick and company just pack up and drive to Pennsylvania or down to Norfolk or something? Go take over a freighter or battleship or something? Who gives a poo poo about this stupid gated community that has no supplies in it anymore?

That's the thing. It's not even a safe place. The Wolves just stormed it and the Garbage McPoyles could sneak in and steal their one guard. And if you are going to survive by looting food then move to a metropolitan area where the food stores are located.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Do you think they keep all the guns in the Pentagon?

They do in fact have military police offices and armed security as well as a built in SWAT unit in the Pentagon and given its a military installation the chances they have some tactical gear in the event of an emergency are high. Or at the least theres some dead army zombies wandering around that still have a sidearm holstered in their belt.

Also the Pentagon is an absolutely massive building with very secure entry points that would be easier to fortify and defend than a dozen houses surrounded by sheetmetal barriers. The garden in the middle is big enough to grow crops and there would be tons of canned goods because it has like 10 cafeterias and emergency generators and such. It's also right next to the Potomac River and there's a massive flat parking lot that surrounds all sides so there's no way to sneak up on it.

The Pentagon would be possibly the best place imaginable to hold down in a zombie apocalypse. The building can survive a 737 flying directly into it with minimal damage, so

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Why are all these questions being asked when the answer is to watch Z-Nation?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

They do in fact have military police offices and armed security as well as a built in SWAT unit in the Pentagon and given its a military installation the chances they have some tactical gear in the event of an emergency are high. Or at the least theres some dead army zombies wandering around that still have a sidearm holstered in their belt.

Also the Pentagon is an absolutely massive building with very secure entry points that would be easier to fortify and defend than a dozen houses surrounded by sheetmetal barriers. The garden in the middle is big enough to grow crops and there would be tons of canned goods because it has like 10 cafeterias and emergency generators and such. It's also right next to the Potomac River and there's a massive flat parking lot that surrounds all sides so there's no way to sneak up on it.

The Pentagon would be possibly the best place imaginable to hold down in a zombie apocalypse. The building can survive a 737 flying directly into it with minimal damage, so

It's in the middle of a major metropolitan area so it's surrounded by hundreds of thousands of zombies, and the show established that military bases were completely overrun.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
They stopped thinking about logical easily defendable locations immediately after leaving the prison. Now all they seem to care about is having the comforts of home.

The Pentagon would be good theoretically but don't you think everyone in the vicinity would have thought of that already? It'd either be overrun or be like the CDC (at first) with some guy(s) holed up in it that won't let you in. The answer to "why don't they go check" or "why don't they go live on a ship, or on this military base or this castle or...." is "because it's a dumb comic book show". Any sense of semi-realistic survival the show once had is way back in the pre-governor era. Ever since it's all super villains and up up ups and I guarantee it's going to continue getting a whole lot dumber until the show gets cancelled.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The one called "Rick" will be up-up-up'd by the large women. He that is designated "Gabriel" will be up-up-up'd by the petite women. And Aaron, as the most attractive male, will be up-up-up'd by the most beautiful women of the Junkyard. Then the large women. Then the petite women. Then the large women again.

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

Catching up on the last episode...

TRASH ELVES

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Take him to the up up up

lmao

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's in the middle of a major metropolitan area so it's surrounded by hundreds of thousands of zombies, and the show established that military bases were completely overrun.

The walkers spread out and are now all roaming the countryside in giant herds. As you saw in Atlanta there are no more in cities than anywhere else.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
It's always kinda weird how these post-apocalyptic/zombie shows try to go for a 'life is cheap, world is hyper-violent' thing when they also try to show that 'life is rare'. Seems bizarre to me.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
seems like just about any building in a city would be a good anti zombie zone

Just like

Just lock the front gates

These zombies are weak as gently caress

You could probably fortify several skyscrapers and they'd be largely impenetrable by zombies and humans alike instead of going out into the woods where you cant see poo poo and putting up a shoddy wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Zzulu posted:

These zombies are weak as gently caress

rip in peace Cutty. :(