Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Which is why I'd rather have them give up on 60 fps altogether since it obviously isn't going to happen.

I did the timed cactuar quest fight in lite mode and got dizzy. The high resolution mode is slightly better at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Like I'm happy some of you can handle frame pacing issues and poo poo. I'd rather just not play if that's the only option. I had to quit playing Bloodborne because I couldn't stop focusing on it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm glad I've literally never noticed it in my life then.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You are utterly blessed if you can't. It's kind of like screen tearing. Some people say they can't notice it at all but I've gotten queasy from playing games that have atrocious screen tearing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I notice screen tearing but only if it's really bad.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're also sort of counter productive things to talk about if you don't notice them because if you look into them and figure out how to see it, you've sort of screwed yourself over. Ignorance is bliss in this case?

e typo

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Feb 22, 2017

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm glad I've literally never noticed it in my life then.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Yeah there's no way to say this without coming off as a phenomenally elitist prick but I truly do envy people who just don't notice or care about these things, because I suspect they're having more fun with games that are problematic in those areas than I am

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't think that's elitist in the slightest, honestly.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

At least in my case, the most recent patch made performance just a little worse even on a regular PS4. I noticed it mainly with some hitching and weird animation frameskips a couple times with mounting/dismounting my chocobo.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I haven't played it with the recent patch but sometimes the game stutters periodically on a regular ps4, and sometimes the fps is low but it's very rare.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Frame pacing in Bloodborne I only noticed after I started playing it on another PSN account, which is weird. 14 character long name on that one, 10 character name on my main account that flat out doesn't get frame pacing in BB. I'd been troubleshooting had I been with a Pro.

Latest patch improved FFXV performance on the regular PS4, I've felt it far smoother and steadier than before, less of the GTA5 30fps like feeling.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I just beat this game and wow. This has one of the biggest downer endings much like Secret of Mana. Its kind of hard for me to play through the postgame considering the ending.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Oh hey, they finally got their act together and sent me an e-mail about the Cindymobile DLC! Let's just select my platform here and-

:thumbsup:

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

blackguy32 posted:

I just beat this game and wow. This has one of the biggest downer endings much like Secret of Mana. Its kind of hard for me to play through the postgame considering the ending.

It's also (generic ending discussion) a very bad fit for the gameplay mechanic of exploring an open world with robust postgame content. I have more fun with the game when I ignore the story as much as possible.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

why did I receive my cindy car paint today
like I didn't even remember it was a thing or care
how long does it take to give out a lovely car retexture

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

4chan leaker is back at it. They've historically been correct but as always, pinch of salt. Note that the first thing about Somnus is meant to be about fixing unintended behaviour.

"1.05 update makes Somnus play through final dungeon (Insomnia) through fights. Further development of FINAL FANTASY XV is ongoing.

- Additional cutscenes with Ravus and Niflheim to be added into New Game mode in addition to EPISODE PROMPTO content.

- Additional cutscenes with Noctis and Luna to be added into New Game mode.

- Additional cutscenes with Cor Leonis and Regis to be added into New Game mode in addition to EPISODE GLADIOLUS content.

- PLATINUM DEMO to be added to main game as bonus mode.

- EPISODE IGNIS to be released Q4 2017.

- Unannounced expansion, "WORLD OF VERSUS" to be unveiled at E3 2017 (release Q1 2018.) Expect this to be of a much darker tone than the base game. Covers "The demons Noctis faces during his 10 year slumber." This is the "VERSUS" world, the world of dreams that Noctis can enter in his slumber. Themes of loss and tragedy will be developed and expanded upon.

No further updates at this time."

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...
Just had a weird spoily bug / thing. I'm on my ng+ and was doing some hunts in Chapter 3. I went to longwythe for the first time, hit the diner, turned on the radio and it was announcing the death of luna before I have even done the titan quest.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Am I reading those notes right and they're adding new cutscenes piecemeal with each DLC? I guess there's no point doing NG+ until they're done it getting the story fixes is your goal.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

Am I reading those notes right and they're adding new cutscenes piecemeal with each DLC? I guess there's no point doing NG+ until they're done it getting the story fixes is your goal.

Yes. Though how its phrased suggests they'd be free if it happened.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Static! posted:

Just had a weird spoily bug / thing. I'm on my ng+ and was doing some hunts in Chapter 3. I went to longwythe for the first time, hit the diner, turned on the radio and it was announcing the death of luna before I have even done the titan quest.

I don't think that's a spoiler? Luna is presumed dead in the Insomnia invasion, pretty sure that's recently happened at that point.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Augus posted:

I don't think that's a spoiler? Luna is presumed dead in the Insomnia invasion, pretty sure that's recently happened at that point.

Yeah, they also announce Noctis's death iirc.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The Empire announce the deaths of Luna, Noctis and Regis. Not that hard to believe considering the chaos in Kingsglaive.

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...

Augus posted:

That makes more sense. thanks!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Baron Corbyn posted:

Yeah they announced it this way though. You could also just look them up on youtube the following day probably

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I hope they do a timed quests that's exactly like this factual right but instead it's 100 tonberries.

EDIT: Oh cool halfway into the quest Noctis just froze up and now I can't do anything. I can use items but I can't move or bring up any combat menus or switch weapons.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 24, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I hope they do a timed quests that's exactly like this factual right but instead it's 100 tonberries.

As long as it's not the kind from that quest where you do two at the same time by a southern Duscae tomb, I'll be happy to fight them.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
The Black Hood makes Tonberries a joke.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MrLonghair posted:

As long as it's not the kind from that quest where you do two at the same time by a southern Duscae tomb, I'll be happy to fight them.

Wait, is that the Yoda tonberries? That was the most fun fight in the game.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

The Black Hood makes Tonberries a joke.

Until you're fighting several of them at once and basically get stunlocked by the auto-dodging until you're at 0MP

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
That's why you buy the skill on the ascension grid that recovers mp on well-timed dodges and continuously tap the button to stay topped off forever.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

is there some trick to getting the sturdy helixhorn to drop for the engine blade upgrade? I checked a couple of guides and they all said to pick up the spiracorn hunt from old lestallum and kill the 2 duplicorns there, and even with the item drop+ food buff and using the wait mode break ability I've not seen any in ~20 save loads. is the drop rate just that awful?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think you're just having bad luck because you're not doing anything wrong.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
You get the sturdy horn by breaking their horns, not by killing them. It's still not a guaranteed drop even when you do break it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

kecske posted:

is there some trick to getting the sturdy helixhorn to drop for the engine blade upgrade? I checked a couple of guides and they all said to pick up the spiracorn hunt from old lestallum and kill the 2 duplicorns there, and even with the item drop+ food buff and using the wait mode break ability I've not seen any in ~20 save loads. is the drop rate just that awful?

I had to have the drop rate food and kill off the small guys, save then break the horns and savescum. Took about 8 tries

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

It's really stupid how long these timed hunts last. Like really, I have to wait for the seventh day next month for a new one? Considering these seem like the only thing for endgame level AP; jesus gently caress, it'll take an entire month to get a single limit break, come on guys.

kecske posted:

If you break their horns each time and have the drop buff going, then it seems like you're just super unlucky. I got the horn on my first try with the food buff, but then again a quest where you had to get a feather of some kind from whatever monster (quest from the frog lady) took me 5 reloads. Maybe it's just like a 20% chance for the rare stuff to drop. Seems like you're doing it right tho, so just keep trying I guess

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the wiki seems to think the horn has 10% drop chance on a successful break, so I guess I'll keep on doing what I'm doing.

is the final engine blade better than those daggers (I forget the name) everyone loves?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kecske posted:

is the final engine blade better than those daggers (I forget the name) everyone loves?

No, but you can get it in like chapter four (three maybe?) instead of the postgame.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

kecske posted:

the wiki seems to think the horn has 10% drop chance on a successful break, so I guess I'll keep on doing what I'm doing.

It's probably the best weapon you can get before the postgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I was wearing (probably a DLC pack) ring for item droprates when I got mine on the third try recently.

• Locked thread