Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

MechaCrash posted:

As a fun reminder, a few weeks before Milo hitched his wagon to Gaters, he said that video games weren't for him, any man with their hands "clamped on a 360 controller instead of a pair of tits deserved to be slapped," and people who play video games are "unemployed saddos in yellowing underpants living in their mothers basement," and he did a 180 because he's a whore with no personal moral compass that will say and do anything for attention.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Paedophilo Kidifukalos gay and thus decidedly unlikely to be found groping a woman's breasts? An adult woman, at any rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Almost like the man has never uttered a word he actually believes in his life 🤔

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

He's apparently the archetypical self-loathing gay... At least, assuming you aren't taking literally anything that comes out of his mouth with the biggest loving grain of salt in the universe.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

loving Mr. Plow, taking jobs from good American push snow-plows.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I like this kid, someone buy him an account.

e: "yeah, i'm a real shrinking violet, someone get me a fainting couch quick :wipes fascist blood off knuckles:."

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Feb 22, 2017

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

logger posted:

I would give anything for a new Tinsley cartoon coming out where he praises Milo somewhere in the next two weeks.

Milo's speech was cancelled Feb 2 and it's pretty clear that his most recent cartoon is an incisive marriage of that incident with the punching of Richard Spencer.

Tinsley rarely idolizes anyone in his cartoons. It's much easier to create a generic strawman and tear him down through his (HER) own words.

He only takes time to hollowly idolize veterans and Jesus on certain holidays as far as I know.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

e: "yeah, i'm a real shrinking violet, someone get me a fainting couch quick :wipes fascist blood off knuckles:."

I'd put money on Tinsley writing the "victim" as a dude first but changed it to a "she" in order to make him look more cowardly.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

As someone from Massachusetts I have to wonder what the gently caress these two are talking about. We have had enough snow to get our snowblowers out, several times.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

OptimusShr posted:

As someone from Massachusetts I have to wonder what the gently caress these two are talking about. We have had enough snow to get our snowblowers out, several times.
They're trying to make a pro-climate change cartoons but in a way that even stupid people can understand? It seems like a noble goal to me.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Feb 22, 2017

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Hahahaha, no, not even close. Cool idea and style, though.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Samurai Sanders posted:

They're trying to make a pro-climate change cartoons but in a way that even stupid people can understand? It seems like a noble goal to me.

Why are you convinced it's about global warming?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The thread's certainly pointed out in the past that conservatives are trying to smear the same group as being scared, limp-wristed pansies AND violent, brutish thugs, but I've never seen anyone but Tinsley try so hard to push both at the same time in a single comic.

Jedit posted:

The alt-right need a token gay spokesperson to show they're not homophobic.
They tried so hard to find the "one of the good one"s they could rally behind and they ended up picking the guy who's pro-altar boy rape. What a loving find, guys. The literal loving stereotype you've attacked gays over for over a decade.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Feb 22, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fulchrum posted:

Why are you convinced it's about global warming?
Two different cartoons about how It's not as snowy in the winter anymore, what else could it mean?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

This is how that went down.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Potato Salad posted:

This is how that went down.
Unironically (?), yes.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

N O B O D Y
C A R E S

Like do the readers of the paper actually go YESSIR THAT SURE WAS A KNEESLAPPER NOTDAFFY HARHAR? Surely someone complained what a stale hack he is.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Xander77 posted:

Unironically (?), yes.

I went looking for one of the hundreds of "should we do something now or later?" type world war cartoons with some monster or fire or whatever in the background but instead I found this cold war comic that could be published today.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Biased news trying to depict as the badguy of the story a heroic puncher of Nazis is a traumatic thing to go through, AGC.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Xander77 posted:

Unironically (?), yes.

Yes. No sarcasm was intended; the present hand-wringing over Trump's victory for is basically lifted from 1930s-period German papers.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

There was a girl at Berkly that was there for the Milo speech and got peppered sprayed. She wasn't a speaker though.

Drunky Dunk go home

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Sovio-Amerizooie

Bear and bird in Cold War adventure

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

SSNeoman posted:

N O B O D Y
C A R E S

Like do the readers of the paper actually go YESSIR THAT SURE WAS A KNEESLAPPER NOTDAFFY HARHAR?

Old people. If the question is "why does my paper still carry this lovely unfunny cartoon" the answer is always "old people." They have the time on their hands to write crank letters, they care a LOT about seeing the same characters that they enjoyed back during th' Great Depression get up to their old tricks, and increasingly, they're the only ones subscribing. It's why you get the great-grandson of the original cartoonist still drawing, like, Barrel Mahoney and His Gang o'Mugs or the Ching-Chong Kids.

Drunky Duck particularly suits the angriest subset of old people, especially for its rage at KIDS THESE DAYS. And conservative humor in general is always more focused on getting the reader shaking a fist than laughing.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Conservative humor is basically: "Heh, fags, right guys?"

Like there's no real jokes, just laughing at the idea of people other than straight white males.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

OldTennisCourt posted:

Conservative humor is basically: "Heh, fags, right guys?"

Like there's no real jokes, just laughing at the idea of people other than straight white males.
Well, they also try to point out hypocrisy on the left and sometimes they find it, but the pot calling the kettle black feeling is overwhelming.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
The Austrian government has plans for a new law which would benefit Austrians, and only Austrians, when they take on a new job - they'd pay half of their income tax for three years, basically. This is meant to stem the flow of foreign people taking good Austrian jobs away from Austrians (openly so, that's how they advertise it) and they're very convinced that this is legal under EU law. Well, we'll see.

That's just the context for the cartoon I saw today in Oberösterreichische Nachrichten, the local paper for Upper Austria. Usually their cartoonist is just incredibly tepid, barely reaching above "a thing happened", but today, well...

That's conservative leader Mitterlehner to the left and (social democrat) chancellor Kern to the right, they're in a coalition and both support the new law. At least I'm pretty sure the Kern. I dunno, maybe the vast difference in caricature quality gives a glimpse into the general leanings of Mayerhofer...

For comparison: Mitterlehner, Kern

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

The USS.
The United Semitic States.
An idea whose time has come?
Labels: Arab, Europe, Iran, Israel, NATO, Saudi Arabia, Sunni, USS, USSR

quote:

Trump is experiencing an unprecedented level of one-sided media bias.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Simply Simon posted:

The Austrian government has plans for a new law which would benefit Austrians, and only Austrians, when they take on a new job - they'd pay half of their income tax for three years, basically. This is meant to stem the flow of foreign people taking good Austrian jobs away from Austrians (openly so, that's how they advertise it) and they're very convinced that this is legal under EU law. Well, we'll see.

That's just the context for the cartoon I saw today in Oberösterreichische Nachrichten, the local paper for Upper Austria. Usually their cartoonist is just incredibly tepid, barely reaching above "a thing happened", but today, well...

That's conservative leader Mitterlehner to the left and (social democrat) chancellor Kern to the right, they're in a coalition and both support the new law. At least I'm pretty sure the Kern. I dunno, maybe the vast difference in caricature quality gives a glimpse into the general leanings of Mayerhofer...

For comparison: Mitterlehner, Kern

Speaking of which, from what I heard the planned law is about Austrian residence rather than Austrian citizenship: foreign citizens that are already living in Austria would get the same tax incentive. This is how they're planning to make their discriminatory law non-discriminatory and therefore compatible with EU regulations.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

"bras"

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Maybe it's just the early morning sillies but this is fuckin killing me. Struggling not to laugh out loud at my desk

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

That's not how reflections work!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Skeley is projecting so much I just saw a Thanos stinger.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Dork457 posted:

That's not how reflections work!
The Russian Vampire Fleet is one of their best kept secrets.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Also I suck and am a loser and eat arugula and hate apple pie and freedom.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Haha. Leftists are delicate flowers not like us tough guys but also they are thugs that beat us up.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

They're not teaching cursive in school these days apparently, this generation smh

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/davpope/status/834292788480991233

Also, I too am bias towards reality.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Abyssal Squid posted:

They're not teaching cursive in school these days apparently, this generation smh

Yes they are

Probably depends on school districts and stuff though.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cursive was a waste of time and humiliating and anyone who promotes it should have their children taken away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

FishBulb posted:

Yes they are

Probably depends on school districts and stuff though.

Yeah I had to learn cursive in grade school. But I did not have to use it, ever, so I don't remember a bit of it.

It's a stupid thing to do anyway. Why should kids learn to write in a way that's harder to read which was designed for ease of use with quill pens?

• Locked thread