Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Clawtopsy posted:

noire is very cool, and also very good

i could drop owain for her based on odin being such a huge disappointment

Odin Dark could have been good if his stats weren't terrible, since he has amazing skills and weapon. Maybe they'll remember to do that for my friend Owain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I wish the levels of the exp tower weren't random. Right now the eight and ninth stratums just won't stop both being level 40. Meanwhile seventh refuses to go above level 33. The characters I'm leveling are 36 and can't take on a level 40 mission unless the enemy composition lines up just right, and a low level one doesn't give nearly enough exp.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The random tower strikes me as bad design. I mean, it'd be fine for max level stuff, as a way to test yourself or whatever, but when the main purpose of it is grinding low level characters it's just annoying for no reason.

Then again, maybe that's the point.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
It's actually not bad with a fully upgraded castle and 1.5x experience. I can get to level 20 using half my stamina.

I suppose the slog to level 40 after you've hit level 30 is designed on purpose.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

35-40 is the hard part, yeah.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Clarste posted:

The random tower strikes me as bad design. I mean, it'd be fine for max level stuff, as a way to test yourself or whatever, but when the main purpose of it is grinding low level characters it's just annoying for no reason.

Then again, maybe that's the point.

I don't mind the random units so much. But when my only choices are something I can't tackle at all or something that won't give me any exp, it kind of sucks.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Well, the levels are random too, even within the same map. You might have someone at level 35 and someone else at 40.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nuebot posted:

I don't mind the random units so much. But when my only choices are something I can't tackle at all or something that won't give me any exp, it kind of sucks.

Well, they are expanding the window you get XP from, at least. A little help beats none.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
My biggest gripe with the training tower is that the lower levels seem to indicate the highest level unit you'll be facing, while the upper levels of the tower seem to indicate the lowest level unit you'll be facing. It's completely unexpected and really screws up your floor selections when you select a level 37 floor and get matched up against three level 40s and one level 37 that rolls over your team of level 33 units. A little consistency would be nice.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 22, 2017

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Nuebot posted:

I wish the levels of the exp tower weren't random. Right now the eight and ninth stratums just won't stop both being level 40. Meanwhile seventh refuses to go above level 33. The characters I'm leveling are 36 and can't take on a level 40 mission unless the enemy composition lines up just right, and a low level one doesn't give nearly enough exp.

Nuebot posted:

Level 33 enemies will give level 36 characters experience.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Odin Dark could have been good if his stats weren't terrible, since he has amazing skills and weapon. Maybe they'll remember to do that for my friend Owain.

plus his dialogue isnt owain-y enough "Overdoing it as usual!"

what a lame nerd, make up a real attack name odin

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Zurai posted:

Level 33 enemies will give level 36 characters experience.

Get out of here with your logic and facts, I'm doing poorly in a video game!

Seriously though, the drop off in exp is pretty bad and fighting slightly higher level opponents is like one kill for a level but slightly weaker opponents is an entire map for a level.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Came back after not really playing for a bit. had orbs for 4 rolls and

:toot:

Jeorge is whatever because I have a Takumi, but Seleph seems cool. My 2nd 5* red unit. Probably will run him more than Leo (Takumi/Nowi/Linde/???)

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Everyone said he sucked and I thought he sucked while leveling him, but he was still great for me in the end in arena. He's a bit finicky with the poop speed though for sure. Mostly he just hits real hard and the rally speed is surprisingly very useful.

I think I've used brash assault like once though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
if I start putting low levels heroes in my arena team, would I be set up with weaker opponents?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

if I start putting low levels heroes in my arena team, would I be set up with weaker opponents?

Yes.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

You'll also get less points for beating them, though (compared to fighting higher-leve enemies).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
4400's only top 50,000?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
It maybe hasn't updated yet? Hit 4522, which is the cap with my composition, on my first run after reset, and that's like #1500 right now.

2v2 corners map is back in rotation, so watch out for that when team building. Had a nasty surprise when that map spawned and came within 1 HP of losing Ryoma.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

It maybe hasn't updated yet? Hit 4522, which is the cap with my composition, on my first run after reset, and that's like #1500 right now.

2v2 corners map is back in rotation, so watch out for that when team building. Had a nasty surprise when that map spawned and came within 1 HP of losing Ryoma.

That map put me out of getting a perfect score this time around, the opponent had a loving 4 lance anti-meta team that gunned for my two reds immediately and got effortlessly Juliaed away afterwards.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
IDK, I'd expect to see a lot of Narcians and Julias on defense, since everyone has Narcian and Julia is one of the strongest heroes in the bonus set this time (Catria is better, but I also suspect there are a lot of newly minted 5* Sharenas running around.)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You don't need to use the bonus units on defense though

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Is it possible to just get a unit that is 1 low stat and the rest middle ?

I have a 3* Robin I was going to upgrade to 4* but it shows his new stats will be 17 HP 13 ATK 7 SPD 6 DEF 4 RES

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Sendo posted:

I have a 3* Robin I was going to upgrade to 4* but it shows his new stats will be 17 HP 13 ATK 7 SPD 6 DEF 4 RES

I don't think so. Probably some sort of calculator error.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Alright, I finally hit 20k feathers thanks to the arena quests, so I have to make the dreaded team comp post to get some advice on which 4* unit to bump up.

Here's what I've got:

5*: Young Tiki (+HP, -Atk), Camilla (+Res, -Spd), Lucina (+HP, -Def), Eirika (can't tell yet because she's only 28 atm)
4*: Roy, Lon'qu, Hinata, Laslow, Selena, Cain, Tharja, Lilina, Florina, Abel, Nowi, Cherche, Raven, Sheena, Gordin, Niles, Matthew, Jakob, Sakura
3*: Fir, Draug, Eliwood, Stahl, Henry, Corrin (F), Barst, Bartre, Frederick, Narcian, Beruka, Cecilia, Felicia, Saizo, Clarine

And then all of the story characters and freebies at 2*. General discussions seem to indicate that Abel and Gordin are the best of the 4*s I have (Gordin has been rounding out my A-team pretty much since I pulled him, Abel I've been really underwhelmed with at 4* but maybe my RNG is just backloaded for him) unless I were to build a team around Tharja/Eirika but I don't have Nino (or a dancer, unless I moved up Olivia) to do that. Don't have any of the meta-busting units like Kagero or the good blue mages, unfortunately, and I'm hesitant to move up Corrin or Nowi since with Tiki in the team already that's just asking to get torn up by Falchion users.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Abel's a solid choice, as you've identified, but it's not clear to me that the rest of your team (presumably some combination of Tiki/Lucina/Eirika) would really need the extra help against Reds. Honestly though, none of those choice are especially exciting, so you might just want to hang onto your feathers for now. Or promote Sheena to raise your arena score.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Abel is pretty strong imo and Brave weapon users get essentially a double attack bonus from the extra Mt.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Got 4448 with my shiny new Lucina/Tiki/Sharena/Julia team. That was with two deaths, a perfect run would be somewhere north of 4600.Excited to see what ranking that puts me in, my old lovely team of Lucina/Tiki/4* Oboro/4* level 32 Serra wasn't able to break 30k in the end.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Oh, Abel's amazing, no question. But 20k feathers is 20k feathers, and how much better is his 5* version? Also:

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/834297114918129664

Female Robin special map coming out tomorrow. Get a 3* version of her.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Rolled 5* Eirika! :dance:

Took this as a sign to upgrade my Nino to 5* with my 20k feathers, had just enough left over to promote Olivia to 3* and give her Dance. Gimmick team is go.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Clarste posted:

Oh, Abel's amazing, no question. But 20k feathers is 20k feathers, and how much better is his 5* version? Also:

My point is that 5* Brave users are specifically better than 4*s because of how the Brave mechanic works and it's more like a 6 Mt buff than 3 Mt.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Well, I meant more in terms of "how many more sword users will this let him kill?"

Arkest
Apr 2, 2007

Sendo posted:

http://feheroes.wiki/Robin_(M)

I assume you have Elthunder equipped as your weapon and the Calculator is showing the ATK stat for if you had upgraded to Blárraven.
If so, you have a neutral Robin. If not, then I guess you just got screwed?

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Arkest posted:

http://feheroes.wiki/Robin_(M)

I assume you have Elthunder equipped as your weapon and the Calculator is showing the ATK stat for if you had upgraded to Blárraven.
If so, you have a neutral Robin. If not, then I guess you just got screwed?

Okay yeah this is what it is, weird.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
4261 is good enough for me this week. I'm not going to try and make a 3* Narcian team work only to barely miss the 30k cutoff. I'll settle for top 50k.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Feb 22, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i am all for ROBIN (F), even if her artist gave her (and i think cordelia) a derp face

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Clarste posted:

So we'll be able to get a good green mage without having to luck into Julia? Good to hear! Also I can confirm, Able is awesome, he's been how I've dealt with all the swordlords in the arena.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
more mages are always good. There's like only 3 that's good.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

more mages are always good. There's like only 3 that's good.

But she's green. We already have Nino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

And maybe Julia is good? I dunno.

Either way, I think we're really lacking in good Red mages. Tharja is considered a second-rate Nino for reasons that honestly aren't very clear to me, Lilina seems generally underwhelming, and the rest of them aren't even worth talking about. Blue obviously has Linde and the other Robin.