Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

MicronAle posted:

Many of you are overestimating the impact this will have on Milo. Pretty much every right wing forum/board I browse has more people supporting Milo than condemning him. Of course there are the vocal social conservatives, but most are more driven to take down both the left and the neocon establishment and see Milo as a tool to do that.

Going off internet polls, Ron Paul will be the next president of the United States.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Tokamak posted:

Going off internet polls, Ron Paul will be the next president of the United States.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

*milo heaving on the ground, clutching a broken sword*

if you catch me publicly defending pedophilia at length, i shall return more powerful than you ever imagined

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
id vote for ron paul this very seoncd

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

It won't sink Milo among his dedicated Internet fans but it's derailed his ticket to the big time. That was dependent on him being seen as 'dangerous (tee hee)' not actually dangerous, and being painted as a sicko pervert threatening their kids has moved him firmly from the former to the latter among a lot of people whose opinions matter.

Milo never had anything interesting to say, but was famous for being infamous. With the loss of all his big platforms there's nothing to distinguish him from any other alt-right nobody bilking infantile ex-gamergaters. He'll still be around and presumably still target individuals to try to rebuild profile, but he's had a massive setback and could spiral down as well as up.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/834105739182477313

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChatwitChuck/status/834106071094538241

why is it always some fat white blob?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

MicronAle posted:

Many of you are overestimating the impact this will have on Milo. Pretty much every right wing forum/board I browse has more people supporting Milo than condemning him.

Good! Milo is a boy fondling albatross draped around their necks, and they're pretending to love the stink.

MicronAle
Jun 16, 2007

We anticipate the exchange of data

The Brown Menace posted:

*milo heaving on the ground, clutching a broken sword*

if you catch me publicly defending pedophilia at length, i shall return more powerful than you ever imagined

He just needs some therapy, Bannon knows a guy.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Of course that just begs the question of why being a paedophile didn't hurt Trump, but I guess 1. he's not gay and 2. there's much more incentive to ignore or explain away behavior by someone promising to restore white power in America than someone promising to annoy people you don't like.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

milo's internet crowd basically has no minimal respectability standards to meet so they can support him forever, but yeah his poo poo is done for good in the mainstream/big time

he'll just hang around online with other losers like cernovich or whatever, a dumb spooky ghost forever haunting the gorilla cum plane because he has been banished from the material plane

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

The Brown Menace posted:

milo's internet crowd basically has no minimal respectability standards to meet so they can support him forever, but yeah his poo poo is done for good in the mainstream/big time

he'll just hang around online with other losers like cernovich or whatever, a dumb spooky ghost forever haunting the gorilla cum plane because he has been banished from the material plane

*copies this down furiously for my next epic fatal campaign*

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

:suicide:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SoccerFanKevin/status/834108199594754048

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChatwitChuck/status/834108889398464512

https://mobile.twitter.com/SoccerFanKevin/status/834109607261962241

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChatwitChuck/status/834110389696790529

https://mobile.twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/834381903692234753

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Peel posted:

Of course that just begs the question of why being a paedophile didn't hurt Trump, but I guess 1. he's not gay and 2. there's much more incentive to ignore or explain away behavior by someone promising to restore white power in America than someone promising to annoy people you don't like.

It's because the claim that Trump raped a little girl is easily dismissible if you don't want to believe it. All the sexual assault he did to adults is what took all the mental gymnastics.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Well now I'm depressed. I really thought this might be the end of Milo, but since you're all predicting it is and as we've learned over the last year you're the wrongest motherfuckers on the planet when it comes to predicting anything politics related it probably means he'll have his own prime time show on FOX news in about 6 months.

Seriously though, I hope he disappears for a while at least and reassesses his life because being the gay minstrel for a bunch of neo-fascists has to be soul crushing on some level, even for someone as cynical and opportunistic as Milo.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's because the claim that Trump raped a little girl is easily dismissible if you don't want to believe it. All the sexual assault he did to adults is what took all the mental gymnastics.

There's also the stuff about dressing rooms but yeah, it's much more easily dismissible than what Milo was hit with. The big scandal involved being caught on tape in both cases.

MicronAle
Jun 16, 2007

We anticipate the exchange of data
Oh myyyy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hDSOyuuSi4

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
The Trump Shield protects trump because 90% of the things out of trump's mouth is unintelligible babbling or random bragging, so it's very easy to interpret anything he says that wouldn't ordinarily play nice with your worldview as either a string of arbitrary sounds, or a lie he made up because he thinks it looks cool.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

MicronAle posted:

Many of you are overestimating the impact this will have on Milo. Pretty much every right wing forum/board I browse has more people supporting Milo than condemning him. Of course there are the vocal social conservatives, but most are more driven to take down both the left and the neocon establishment and see Milo as a tool to do that.

lmao the dude with the pony av

its tough out here for a conservative brony

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

The Brown Menace posted:

Yeah, this is pretty mcuh it. He'll still do fine, but what he craved was mainstream attention. Now he'll have to stick to ripping off gamer-gaters and preaching to his choir(boys)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

A Pale Horse posted:

Well now I'm depressed. I really thought this might be the end of Milo, but since you're all predicting it is and as we've learned over the last year you're the wrongest motherfuckers on the planet when it comes to predicting anything politics related it probably means he'll have his own prime time show on FOX news in about 6 months.

Seriously though, I hope he disappears for a while at least and reassesses his life because being the gay minstrel for a bunch of neo-fascists has to be soul crushing on some level, even for someone as cynical and opportunistic as Milo.

i am mixed. he won't go away, but his shot at going mainstream are tattered at least for now. he probably wont get as many invites to various places including colleges, and the mainstream right as well as the evengelical right are weary or hate him now.

Gravy Jones posted:

Yeah, this is pretty mcuh it. He'll still do fine, but what he craved was mainstream attention. Now he'll have to stick to ripping off gamer-gaters and preaching to his choir(boys)

what you said.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/834399728519426048

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sheesh.

Everyone's going to be having press conferences and apologizing now.

Some people are calling Milo and actual pedophile child didler. Did he actually say he has sex with kids, or are people full of hyperbole and BS?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

spacetoaster posted:

Did he actually say he has sex with kids, or are people full of hyperbole and BS?

no, but he apparently didnt see anything wrong with it.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

spacetoaster posted:

Sheesh.

Some people are calling Milo and actual pedophile child didler. Did he actually say he has sex with kids, or are people full of hyperbole and BS?

Technically, he's a ephebophile.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

Sheesh.

Did he actually say he has sex with kids

He might have angled to date one?

https://twitter.com/blakersdozen/status/827200025818128384

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

Sheesh.

He made some comments about being at a hollywood party where young boys were present for entertainment purposes (lol Bryan Singer was involved somehow I'm guessing) but didn't say he participated. They're calling him a pedo because he didn't hate being abused at 14 and doesn't think its the worst thing that can happen to someone. Not treating sexual abuse as the equivalent of genocide is the same thing as being a pedo for a large portion of the population

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

A Pale Horse posted:

He made some comments about being at a hollywood party where young boys were present for entertainment purposes (lol Bryan Singer was involved somehow I'm guessing) but didn't say he participated. They're calling him a pedo because he didn't hate being abused at 14 and doesn't think its the worst thing that can happen to someone. Not treating sexual abuse as the equivalent of genocide is the same thing as being a pedo for a large portion of the population

People were pissed because he said being abused by older men could be constructive for boys. He can react to his own trauma however he wants, that's his purview, but he's a loving scumbag for saying that it could be good for it to happen to other young people.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Bud K ninja sword posted:

no, but he apparently didnt see anything wrong with it.

Bill Maher did? Because he really looks & sounds like the kind of guy who would be not a child rapist himself, but would maybe be hanging out on a big circular seventies style couch, stoned to the gills, in a hollywood mid century modern with some other celebrities while a friend pulled a Polanski one room over, the evidence of the crime just barely audible over some Black Cow by Steely Dan, and be supremely indifferent to it because he's friends with the perpetrator and also the guy invented a special battery that will revolutionize the way we use iPhones to order millennials to drive us places when we've had too much fun to do it ourselves and, besides, pobodies nerfect.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

he's a slimeball, is what I'm saying.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

mysterious frankie posted:

Bill Maher did? Because he really looks & sounds like the kind of guy who would be not a child rapist himself, but would maybe be hanging out on a big circular seventies style couch, stoned to the gills, in a hollywood mid century modern with some other celebrities while a friend pulled a Polanski one room over, the evidence of the crime just barely audible over some Black Cow by Steely Dan, and be supremely indifferent to it because he's friends with the perpetrator and also the guy invented a special battery that will revolutionize the way we use iPhones to order millennials to drive us places when we've had too much fun to do it ourselves and, besides, pobodies nerfect.

I thought we were talking about milo and not gonna lie, everything after did? is hunter s thompson as gently caress lol.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

RedneckwithGuns posted:

People were pissed because he said being abused by older men could be constructive for boys. He can react to his own trauma however he wants, that's his purview, but he's a loving scumbag for saying that it could be good for it to happen to other young people.

More to the point, I don't particularly care when someone whose career is built around saying mean, untrue or half-true things about other people is brought down by a disingenuous character attack. He's getting a taste of his own medicine, I just hope it significantly costs him in the end.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I thought we were talking about milo and not gonna lie, everything after did? is hunter s thompson as gently caress lol.

Oh I saw that Maher clip and didn't play it because I'm at work and thought some of the talk afterwards was about how someone unearthed a clip of Maher being like "So what's wrong with a little child sex? I mean, rhetorically speaking?"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Oh I saw that Maher clip and didn't play it because I'm at work and thought some of the talk afterwards was about how someone unearthed a clip of Maher being like "So what's wrong with a little child sex? I mean, rhetorically speaking?"

oooohhh that.

well there is this:

he is a tremendous shithead. Was just confused as to which douchegoggle you were referring to.

oops f:B

didnt see it posted above or just zoned it into the shithead news section of my brain.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

oooohhh that.

well there is this:

he is a tremendous shithead. Was just confused as to which douchegoggle you were referring to.

oops f:B

didnt see it posted above or just zoned it into the shithead news section of my brain.

Gooooootcha. Yeah, sorry. I'm a rambler.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Gooooootcha. Yeah, sorry. I'm a rambler.

all good friend :slick:

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
Nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7SpXGz-XOc

and of course,

How Old is Fifteen Really?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75XKGVwGEt4

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

the Chappelle comparison... nah. That bit is about how we look at the idea of 15 year olds having sex vs 15 year olds being violent. There's no advocation of anything there, it's merely observing our inconsistent morality.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

RedneckwithGuns posted:

He was specifically talking about gay teen boys though, and if you talk with older members (35+) of the gay community, if not a majority, certainly a sizable minority had their first sexual experiences with adults and many don't feel that they were abused (i.e. George Takei apparently). Interestingly in his press conference yesterday that's the one thing he categorically refused to back off of, that such relationships can be beneficial for teens. I don't know. I'm a medical doctor and will be starting a doctorate in psychiatry in several months as well as being a gay man who was both abused (at age 6) and who sought out "abuse" from older men as a teen (as I alluded to before) and I honestly don't know the answer. I can say without a doubt that there was a huge difference between what happened to me at 6 and what happened at 14 even though the sexual abuse at 6 was "milder" in terms of the acts performed. The abuse at 6 was very traumatic and something I spent years in counseling getting over (as an adult, I never told anyone) but the activity at 14 is not something I look back on with disgust or fear. I tend to think sexual activity within the age appropriate peer group is going to be safer and better for teens and luckily we now live in a world (in the west) where that's possible for a lot of gay youth and I would certainly not encourage any man to have sex with a teen, even if the teen seeks it out, but it may be that in this specific instance the issue is not completely black and white.

Looking forward to being branded a pedo-apologist now I suppose, but I feel like I have the perspective to speak on this honestly.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

A Pale Horse posted:

He was specifically talking about gay teen boys though, and if you talk with older members (35+) of the gay community, if not a majority, certainly a sizable minority had their first sexual experiences with adults and many don't feel that they were abused (i.e. George Takei apparently). Interestingly in his press conference yesterday that's the one thing he categorically refused to back off of, that such relationships can be beneficial for teens. I don't know. I'm a medical doctor and will be starting a doctorate in psychiatry in several months as well as being a gay man who was both abused (at age 6) and who sought out "abuse" from older men as a teen (as I alluded to before) and I honestly don't know the answer. I can say without a doubt that there was a huge difference between what happened to me at 6 and what happened at 14 even though the sexual abuse at 6 was "milder" in terms of the acts performed. The abuse at 6 was very traumatic and something I spent years in counseling getting over (as an adult, I never told anyone) but the activity at 14 is not something I look back on with disgust or fear. I tend to think sexual activity within the age appropriate peer group is going to be safer and better for teens and luckily we now live in a world (in the west) where that's possible for a lot of gay youth and I would certainly not encourage any man to have sex with a teen, even if the teen seeks it out, but it may be that in this specific instance the issue is not completely black and white.

Looking forward to being branded a pedo-apologist now I suppose, but I feel like I have the perspective to speak on this honestly.

nah duder alternate perspectives stimulate good conversation. I think clear consent helps to cut through the bullshit but even i have to cringe at the thought folks being groomed or exploited just because of a feeling of not belonging or whatnot. I spent a lot of time volunteering in homes for gay and lesbian teenagers who's parents basically gave em the old bible shove out the house, and that story is pretty common. I just have issues with kids rejected by hetero parents seeking adults to fill an adult mentoring role and being taken advantage of for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the problem with milo isn't that he sees his own abuse as good, it's that he straight up said "it's not pedophilic to be attracted to 13 year old boys, they are sexually mature, and them having sex with adult men is good." there isn't wiggle room here.