Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Citizen Tayne posted:

"People who aren't exactly like me shouldn't have rights." - a reasonable, normal person.

I was on a Facebook adventure and had some obese Alabama football coach tell me that gays shouldn't be discriminated against and also shouldn't be allowed to married in the same post

Anyone saying this poo poo that's under 35 is probably a sociopath but anyone over it is probably just really fuckin stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/marrowing/status/834268055131656192

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

the 'look here, are you happy, i got the squarest guy possible for the nsc, but ill ignore him until he quits' pick

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

this dude gonna quit before the end of march

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Baloogan posted:

thumps up

puns are our highest achievement as a species

maybe second to booze

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I might not like the simpsons as a show but I would benlying if I said their material wasn't useful or accurate

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

It's a jersey thing. It's kind of like bologna. But better.

Much like jersey, that's a pretty low bar to clear.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

TRUMP! *cuck*

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Even dog pillows want to die

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Citizen Tayne posted:

Yep, the same people who threw a tantrum and didn't do their jobs for an entire year when it came time to nominate a new Supreme Court justice

so much for the rational right :smugbert:

Gravy Jones posted:

That guy's Twitter bio: If readers can tell where you stand you can't call yourself a reporter, and what you produce is not news.

Followed by loads of Prison Planet/Infowars retweets

I had a look too when I saw that and he retweeted Nigel Farage, Paul Joseph Weston, Mike Cernovich, and Sarah Palin so that gave me an indication that he was already broke brained and living in fear

There's no reason to figure out why they are like this because this will not end well and they want it to not end well to justify their means.

World's on fire. Got a feelin about a civil war

but that's actually funny tho and its actually a more important issue than Milo :confused:

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Feb 22, 2017

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

this is a joke right? I mean it's funny as like a silly thing. As a real thing it's funny too I guess but not for the same reasons.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

this is a joke right? I mean it's funny as like a silly thing. As a real thing it's funny too I guess but not for the same reasons.

https://twitter.com/HKesvani/status/834353052077400064

:munch:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Pretty sure it's a joke. Unless it's not. Who can tell with the youth these days? :shrug:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Business Gorillas posted:

I was on a Facebook adventure and had some obese Alabama football coach tell me that gays shouldn't be discriminated against and also shouldn't be allowed to married in the same post

Anyone saying this poo poo that's under 35 is probably a sociopath but anyone over it is probably just really fuckin stupid

I have a bunch of people I went to high school with on Facebook because I'm an rear end in a top hat and love to watch their terrible lives.

One of them posted an article about how "Trump signed an order to end welfare" that was obviously satire ("Work brings Freedom", "91 cents of every dollar you pay in taxes go to free things for people so they keep voting democrat") in 100% seriousness and thought it was real.

TURMP

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Citizen Tayne posted:

I have a bunch of people I went to high school with on Facebook because I'm an rear end in a top hat and love to watch their terrible lives.

One of them posted an article about how "Trump signed an order to end welfare" that was obviously satire ("Work brings Freedom", "91 cents of every dollar you pay in taxes go to free things for people so they keep voting democrat") in 100% seriousness and thought it was real.

TURMP

"Work brings freedom"? Seriously?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The best thing is watching your previously slightly conservative family turn into fascist anti-semites that love Putin.

Apr 7, 2003

prefect posted:

It was a straight up Colbertian joke piece

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

so much for the rational right :smugbert:

I had a look too when I saw that and he retweeted Nigel Farage, Paul Joseph Weston, Mike Cernovich, and Sarah Palin so that gave me an indication that he was already broke brained and living in fear

There's no reason to figure out why they are like this because this will not end well and they want it to not end well to justify their means.

World's on fire. Got a feelin about a civil war

but that's actually funny tho and its actually a more important issue than Milo :confused:

That 4chan article that people were ranting about last night was actually really good.

They're like this for the same reasons fascists everywhere are the way they are, they've completely failed in the real world and are lashing out.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The best thing is watching your previously slightly conservative family turn into fascist anti-semites that love Putin.

They were always fascist . They just aren't hiding it anymore

Apr 7, 2003

I'm lucky enough that my younger brothers and sisters who still live in Bumfuck PA (seven of them) turned out politically okay. Coulda went either way.

one of them is a libertarian but he also likes anime so I don't expect much from him

Apr 7, 2003

That 4chan article that people were ranting about last night was actually really good.

They're like this for the same reasons fascists everywhere are the way they are, they've completely failed in the real world and are lashing out.

The victim mentality is super important to the development of fascism, see also the "stabbed in the back" legend in Weimar Germany

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Thump! posted:

Much like jersey, that's a pretty low bar to clear.

*In extremely New Jersey Italian voice*
Dis guy needs an education in our unique and wonderful culture.
*Makes an up yours gesture before peeling out to get on the turnpike*

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

sup

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Citizen Tayne posted:

one of them is a libertarian but he also likes anime so I don't expect much from him
Didn't you read the article? that's how you get internet nazis.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

whats trumpalackin

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

whats trumpalackin

this is slang 4 "whats happenin" like the tv show xcept its done in trump style

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Citizen Tayne posted:

The victim mentality is super important to the development of fascism, see also the "stabbed in the back" legend in Weimar Germany

DOLCHSTOS BITHC

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

see also: "whats hiterling?"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Gravy Jones posted:

Even dog pillows want to die

free me from this horror

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

prefect posted:

they don't know what "Arbeit Macht Frei" means so it's easier to just drop it in Americanese~

Oh yea, I skimmed a bit of it because I was there for a bit so I knew how it unfolded in the early days. I mean I used to post there in like 2007 about really abstract ironic poo poo and left it like 2 years down the road after the whole dumb "we are anonymous, we do not forget" bullshit started taking off. I just wasn't aware about the splinter off from SA and the origin~ The other less popular boards were okay for a while too because they didn't have the notoriety and exposure of /b/.

Also I grew up and moved on, and I'm glad I did :chloe:

Honestly it was getting pretty mainstream a bit before what the article states in its timeline which is partially why I left because original content wasn't being generated, it was just regurgitating poo poo over and over. It's a good article for a timeline but it's really hard to pinpoint things because of anonymity and the fact that it was organic and nomadic in nature, people just moved on from different poo poo and I know for sure some people were just being ironic as hell until the brokebrains started taking poo poo way too seriously. I think when they started adding /adv/ and /soc/ boards that's where it got bad and moot tried to do something with it I guess. :shrug:

I just don't care for it and I think the internet climate has changed so much in 15 years, even with the way people interact and behave and it's weird. The climate allowed people who were isolated socially for a reason to feel empowered and congregate under a banner where they'd be publically shamed for it, such as nazism and racism and feel more bold to engage in more craven and depraved acts because they realize they're not alone anymore, and they're enabled. It's a perception issue because if you unplug the computer, you actually are alone in this and people are gonna kick your teeth in eventually.

Anyways since it's morning, I'd like a hash brown to go please :3:

Apr 7, 2003

dwarf74 posted:

Didn't you read the article? that's how you get internet nazis.

I don't actually read anything

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

These are actually really useful so that you have the convenience of pushing a cart around, as in you're not hand-carrying a basket the entire time, and at the same time you can still queue in the basket-express lanes.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Turdfuzz posted:

see also: "whats hiterling?"

its where you plank on a balcony while heiling yourself and falling off it, preferably on a high rise

Apr 7, 2003

I wonder what the relationship between Anonymous and internet nazis is, seems like a leap to go from protesting scientology to that.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hello.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

ive never posted on 4chan but i also discovered this site in like 2001

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Turns out most of the world's problems come from failsons. The sexbots can't come fast enough

Apr 7, 2003

Hello.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Turns out most of the world's problems come from failsons. The sexbots can't come fast enough

oh no all the sexbots malfunctioned at once and killed their masters oh noooooo what are we going to do oh noooooo hey look honey 20% off at kohls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

gradenko_2000 posted:

These are actually really useful so that you have the convenience of pushing a cart around, as in you're not hand-carrying a basket the entire time, and at the same time you can still queue in the basket-express lanes.

I want one to push around with me all the time now.

• Locked thread