Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Feminasty Slut posted:

I have often wondered about the lost souls who post exclusively in article comments.

*hushed whisper* normies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
i have to post this in here because i posted it in the revolution/political music thread but goddamn it's so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZYcQe9bu3s

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i'm gonna perform a crime and start a business selling wine in aluminium cans

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Coolguye posted:

im catching up from last night but even as a tall dude (6'4") the obsession that people have with height confuses the gently caress out of me. it's not that big of a deal. even in the narrow confines where it is a deal, dating is not one of them, sorry. it's mostly helpful in business situations because people find you more authoritative if you're physically big, and even then it's pointless if you don't know what the gently caress you're talking about.

in dating terms if i'm a full foot taller than a woman it's a goddamn coin flip on whether or not they're going to flip out and go 'OOH THAT'S WEIRD HOW WOULD U EVEN' and scurry away and im just like 'christ why is this a thing'. surprisingly enough what actually matter is what's between someone's ears b/c if they're cool and good they'll figure out a way to make their look work for them and work out so they look good regardless! and they will also be actually smart and informed about things!

ok that's my mcdonald's rant for the day

i have an old friend from my 20s who was 6'9" (LOL nice) and it was obv that they were kinda self conscious about it - they either got asked how tall they were or if they played basketball...or worse were the napoleon complex dudes who would try starting shiet with him in bars and such

im 6'0" and consider myself blessed to be so...

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Ah yes, the Susan Collins maneuver. Vote against it when you know it's going to pass regardless and just talk about how your hands were tied or whatever. Except in this case she didn't even have to vote to "look good" to dumb people.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

The good thing would have been not signing it and using her power, i.e. 20 Senators she has in her pockets to push back. As it is this is just some spin making her look like less of a monster. She still signed it. That is like saying well I didn't really want to order the death of all transgenders but it was just easier to go along with the death orders.

The gist I got from this article was that if you don't immediately and willingly side with Trump, you have to resign immediately

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

rudatron posted:

wait, there are people who don't drink wine by the bag?

black box is surprisingly good for its price point

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Coolguye posted:

i want to open a winery just so i can sell 4-packs of 12oz bottles of half decent poo poo

like i don't care if i have to import the grapes from california or whatever im just so loving sick of not being able to have a shiraz or something with dinner because they only sell it in 750ml bottles. wine just ain't right a day or two after it's opened and drinking a 750 yourself is a ticket on the cirrhosis train

A 750ml bottle is six glasses of wine. A 750ml bottle every day is 42 drinks a week. ~12 million people in this country drink an average of 72 drinks a week.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

No no no Trump won't take away trans rights. He told Caitlyn Jenner that she could use whatever bathroom she wanted in his hotel! Surely this shows how much he cares about the trans community!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
no wait

champagne in those plastic coke bottles

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Weeping Wound posted:

The gist I got from this article was that if you don't immediately and willingly side with Trump, you have to resign immediately

This.

All kneel to our soon to be Emperor when the Constitution gets pissed on literally and figuratively.

DeVos is just as complicit for hem hawing and then abiding.

Same concept, different clothing wrt to liberals defending nazi free speech.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

height poo poo is annoyung because unless ive shrunken as i age, im exactly 6' tall, like precisely that tall w engibeerer precisuon

but small guys always round their height up to 6 ft so i always think i sound like im fibbin

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump must have gotten a really bad deal/swindled by someone he thought was muslim once

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

rudatron posted:

i'm gonna perform a crime and start a business selling wine in aluminium cans

you're sipposed to empty jars of sauce and fill those with wine from the boxes

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

deadgoon posted:

actually those are the same thing

Most times, yes.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hauntrd by the fibbin gibbon

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/834413187843911680

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I've spent many years playing pokemons and I wish Matt Lauer would look in a mirror one day and see what he really is.

I've spent many years perfecting my curried red lentil soup and I wish Matt Lauer would look in a mirror one day and see what he really is.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

rudatron posted:

wait, there are people who don't drink whisky by the pint?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

triple sulk posted:

trump must have gotten a really bad deal/swindled by someone he thought was muslim once

It was the RE4 merchant

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Citizen Tayne posted:

When I told him he'd have better relationship luck just being himself, he said "I'd never get laid if I were myself."

lol I saw this awhile back and was like, yup

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/834424747760951296

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Citizen Tayne posted:

A 750ml bottle is six glasses of wine. A 750ml bottle every day is 42 drinks a week. ~12 million people in this country drink an average of 72 drinks a week.

is this before or after the greatening?

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Citizen Tayne posted:

i'm not sure these numbers mean anything about the cirrhosis part

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol. so it very will probably get shot down. again.

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

No no no Trump won't take away trans rights. He told Caitlyn Jenner that she could use whatever bathroom she wanted in his hotel! Surely this shows how much he cares about the trans community!

well yeah, everyone knew LGBT especially T are hosed under him. what surprises me is that devos was against it. she has always been the evangelical nut. i mean i am not surprised about klegal sessions though. it also shows that trump is willing to sack or threaten sacking of anyone who doesn't bend the knee.

Peanut Wagon
Dec 28, 2006

Relax. Go Nuts.

cucked so hard

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Feminasty Slut posted:

is this before or after the greatening?

before

Dairy Days posted:

i'm not sure these numbers mean anything about the cirrhosis part

about twelve million people are drinking 70+ drinks a week, and 38,120 people died last year from liver cirrhosis so I'm assuming some people just have the magical ability to ignore it.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

what a piece of poo poo.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. so it very will probably get shot down. again.

well yeah, everyone knew LGBT especially T are hosed under him. what surprises me is that devos was against it. she has always been the evangelical nut. i mean i am not surprised about klegal sessions though. it also shows that trump is willing to sack or threaten sacking of anyone who doesn't bend the knee.

Sessions must have said something seriously damning that made her balk.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
if i wanted to make devos a sympathetic figure to the left i'd leak that exact story

course the problem with this is i have no idea what that accomplishes so whatever the 19th dimensional chess move is here i'm not seeing it

maybe it's also just the case that people who've never done policy tend to be blank slates and often times change in weird ways despite seemingly held ideologies when they get in an administrative position.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

hi liter posted:

black box is surprisingly good for its price point

unless you're paying more than $50 or less than $5 for a bottle of wine, it's all basically the same quality

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

b4 i forget, last post for now so people can talk about how donal trump should be taken seriously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbIVwqU-KzI

had me at the beach boys - good vibrations sample loop...

felt m8 as always

uno mas then i have EMAILS to deal with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XviRuz9GuA

^ i swear spotify is stalking + key logging me when it recommends songs like that to me...its truly uncanny at times

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
fun fact: that is exactly the way a turtle would've reacted if you asked it that series of questions

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Lastgirl posted:

Sessions must have said something seriously damning that made her balk.

Nah. I think she's just barely self aware enough to know everyone hates her and she'd like to become as invisible as possible while still doing horrible things in the background.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

its cool hearin bitch turtle talk to his constituents becausr his accent comes on way stronget than it doea ehen he's in dc

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

lmao what. why.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Feminasty Slut posted:

Nah. I think she's just barely self aware enough to know everyone hates her and she'd like to become as invisible as possible while still doing horrible things in the background.

i don't think you want to be a household name because you're on every single negative ad in 2018, no.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

triple sulk posted:

trump - despite the clear warning flags - trusted m'aiq the liar

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

crazy cloud posted:

lmao what. why.

making sure that Alito does as he's told :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

the people v nordstrom

• Locked thread