Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

quoting these because they're important and relevant to an on-going conversation.

lmao this one rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

these are the things i was talking about when i said a few pages back that i wanted to be like lonk

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

it's weird imagining Lonk as a fashion role model, whereas imagining Arus as a bacon roll model is all too easy

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Illuyankas posted:

bacon roll

tell me more

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

What's the game command/shortcut thing again for higher quality screenshots? PNG maybe? This jpeg compression is brutal

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Add -bmp in a shortcut to the game launcher.

fake edit: how did I get here I don't even play this anymore. I like drinking and playing fighting games give me a reason to reinstall this game.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Poniard posted:

fake edit: how did I get here I don't even play this anymore. I like drinking and playing fighting games give me a reason to reinstall this game.

It's better than poo poo fighter V

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Poniard posted:

why thank you

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Keegers posted:

It's better than poo poo fighter V

excuse me i only play the exclusive battle of the minds dongdong never die

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

The GW2 equivalent of goatse

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Sole.Sushi posted:

The GW2 equivalent of goatse

0/10, no ring

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

Schpyder posted:

tell me more

I always thought it was a summer sausage :stare:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

just set the world record speed time for nightmare 100 challenge mote

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I discovered the other day that scrapper is actually loving awesome and my scrapper looks like a badass

Aug 24, 2011

this item is supposed to only drop off the last boss but apparently ???????

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
Why does this exist and why do they have many songs on spotify?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IrkCqPMS18

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Thank you goons for taking me on my very first fractals last night! They were really fun! I didn't know what to expect from the level 80 dungeon content, but I really dig them. Fun, relatively quick bite-sized chunks of stuff to do with neat mechanics. Now I just need to do them again once I have DH unlocked so I can drop traps on stuff! :v: Though I am really going to miss the reset-on-kill for Virtue of Justice. Constantly spamming fire on everything was fun and good.

I also got my Mesmer up to 80, what an incredibly fun class. I'm looking forward to tonight's HP train so I can instantly unlock Chronomancer's full potential and give it a go!

Next on my list is a ranger. A helpful goon brought me into Dragon's Stand at level 30 to get a tiger. :v: I can't believe this thing is close to 100% uptime on Fury, because that is awesome and I am looking forward to running around leveling with a perpetual 60% crit with spotter and pounce.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Chronomancer is an A+ upgrade over stock mesmer in pretty much every way, you're gonna love it.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Schpyder posted:

Chronomancer is an A+ upgrade over stock mesmer in pretty much every way, you're gonna love it.

I fiddled around with it a bit after the HP train tonight and found a video of babby's first chronomancer on the sfd raid thread and it's good. It definitely has a lot going on! Not in a bad way, either. It isn't an offensive and frustrating amount of going on. At least, at the level that Adi presented it, it comes across as reasonable to pick up but with a lot of room to grow and master it.

But as I said in the train tonight, I'm going to continue getting everything to 80 first and see what clicks the most. So far I've been hitting this trend where I level one character to cap, have a poo poo ton of fun, then when I start on the next one it's like 'holy poo poo this is fun too!' Still need to get the rest of my Ele's points into Tempest and give it a fair shake too.

Aug 24, 2011

raid chrono is quite hard, you have to try to maintain 100% quickness but depending on the boss also have to manage staying alive

some bosses you just have to point them in a direction, but ones with lethal attacks (xera, deimos) you have to change up your rotation a bit

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CLAM DOWN posted:

I discovered the other day that scrapper is actually loving awesome and my scrapper looks like a badass

I haven't played in a billion years.
What's so good about the ScrapMan?

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

It's like playing engineer, but you don't get arthritis in your hands and fingers that look like gnarled, misshapen tree roots.

Aug 24, 2011

leaked patch notes are up on reddit

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
never gets old

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I was thinking; should we get a Discord server going for Goon GW2? I hopped into the irc channel yesterday and it was all kinds of dead, and everyone seems to be using Discord lately for one thing or another.

Kitty Fantastico
Nov 26, 2005

Edmond Dantes posted:

I was thinking; should we get a Discord server going for Goon GW2? I hopped into the irc channel yesterday and it was all kinds of dead, and everyone seems to be using Discord lately for one thing or another.

It's been working well for Goon Squad

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kitty Fantastico posted:

It's been working well for Goon Squad

Hahaha, I thought maybe something guild-independent would work, but... welp!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Man, people are gonna get anal about this.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

His weapon is a giant pipe wrench, you need more reasons?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

I hopped into the irc channel yesterday and it was all kinds of dead

#gw2 is indeed dead as poo poo, join #sfdental instead!

ramanujiggy
Dec 21, 2015

My life is over.
Anyone have a good guide on using chronomancer? I've been trying to do pvp with mine and i'm just terribad.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I want to do spvp to complete dailies so I can speed up my reward tracks, but I am nervous about being bad and pissing my team off. What're some classes/builds that are so easy to play in pvp that you can't possibly screw it up? :v:

Roc
Nov 8, 2010
Actual patch notes up :words:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-February-22-2017

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Ventari Revs get Alacrity? Neat.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
The commands /resign, /qq, /gg, etc., may now be used in fractals.

I love it

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

oh my god the words "purity of purpose" appeared AGAIN in engineer notes

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I've only taken a cursory glance over the Engy changes, but I'm rather liking what I'm seeing so far. :aaaaa: They finally realized that people may actually want to use the flamethrower to burn things! Now that's a step in the right direction.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Did they fix the cooldown reduction of Continuum Split? I don't see it mentioned in the patch notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Please post them here because I'm A Huge Prick tyvm

• Locked thread