Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
get spiced

e: master edmund ballsium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

NASA news is: Spitzer has found 7 Earth-sized planets around Trappist! (3 are in habitable zones!)

I give it a week before Trump claims he won the electoral vote counts there.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

i mean they're not wrong that they're anti-trump

yeah, the idea that social cohesion and justice are cool and good is now a political opinion that should not brought up in schools, because it is a personal attack on the President of the United States

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Squizzle posted:

sorry you xant make him wear a hijab my rafical "'"friend"'" :clint:

you need to commit to your stroked-out gimmick and misspell smilies too

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Duscat posted:

instead of explaining issues to him, they're feeding him loving breitbart koolaid to "keep him happy"?

good night, american century

lmao they've been doing that for at least half a year now, maybe more

I'm 100% convinced that they did in fact TRY to get him to engage with topics on a deeper level, to get him to stop worrying about bad coverage, but he simply can't do it

the best solution they have is to only feed him praise but he still desperately wants CNN to love him and he can't stop himself from watching

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Yinlock posted:

what level of crazy name are you on

idk thomas hadouken my dude

you are like a little baby, watch this

There's a whole Hitler-Ludwig cemetery?

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Our president is a retarded piss-baby who cant regulate his own emotional state lol

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

you need to commit to your gimmick and misspell smilies

i pivk them from rhe menu in awful.apk

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

I got a question. What's their skype number?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Nichael posted:

I fully expect Donald to be the (illegitimate) president who makes first contact, to further crush Clinton's dreams.

this might actually be worse than global nuclear hellfire :whitewater:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tho once ididnt and managwd to misspell same

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

one of the dumb planets has a spectroscopy that suggests the possibility of water... thats now my planet, no trespassers its mine

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

prefect posted:

there's so many absurdities in that picture that it's hard to know where to start

it's 100% real though

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Yinlock posted:

there's so many absurdities in that picture that it's hard to know where to start

it's 100% real though

I was told that Circleville is home to the world's largest pumpkin festival!!!!!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i honestly dont give a gently caress about the earthlike planets because this gay earth will be loving dead and ruined for humanity before we even get 2% of the way to getting to one of those places

i just looked. lmao 39 lightyears away. who gives a poo poo

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

it's not that they don't want to, it's that he won't listen and will always have the worst response possible

SpaceGoku posted:

lmao they've been doing that for at least half a year now, maybe more

I'm 100% convinced that they did in fact TRY to get him to engage with topics on a deeper level, to get him to stop worrying about bad coverage, but he simply can't do it

the best solution they have is to only feed him praise but he still desperately wants CNN to love him and he can't stop himself from watching

what do they think the outcome will be, though?

prez getting news from breitbart and advice from alex jones

how do they think this will end well for anyone

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

prefect posted:

day crew alert

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

triple sulk posted:

welp here come the riots

Bring the riots to the GOP town halls imo.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

wolf359/11 nevrt forgey

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Duscat posted:

they're even dumber than he is because they think he can be controlled

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Yinlock posted:

you dont tru to conyrpl the bull you just try not to get killed and hope a clown can dostract it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

are you making GBS threads me with this question

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Duscat posted:

this is one of the ways authoritarian regimes start

some incompetent gently caress comes to power, has handlers that try to manage him as best they can, and the system breaks down around them because the institution is designed to assume that the person in power governs in good faith

then when the bureaucracy is heaving under the weight of its own dying body and can no longer defend itself it will seem like a mercy to just have someone seize complete control of the state

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Yinlock posted:

this is the part that's the most hilarious/depressing to me

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
lmao this question

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'the speech will remind america what he's done already'

LITERALLY WHAT

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

That was a minecon level question.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yinlock posted:

what level of crazy name are you on

idk thomas hadouken my dude

you are like a little baby, watch this

Hahahah

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/feb/22/thrilling-discovery-of-seven-earth-sized-planets-discovered-orbiting-trappist-1-star

Oh hey science just discovered seven earth like earth planets that can sustain water only 39 light years away all in one go so we could start planning our escape from this wretched earth sooner rather than later.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Nichael posted:

I think if we come out of the Escalator Era (and I am very skeptical that we do), we need not just a progressive government, but a complete overhaul of our governmental structure. The Constitution should be re-written because, ultimately, it's a multi-century old document written by dead slave-holders. Much of it should be kept, but many things should be revised to bring it into modernity.

The constitution was written before the first steam engine came to the US, I think it's safe to say that it's out of date

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Dork457 posted:

That was a minecon level question.

????

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

so his mad tweets are actually him just being mad

That's amazing

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

triple sulk posted:

warp technology (ie folding space in front of you and unraveling it behind you to achieve 'ftl' speeds) became theoretically possible 3 years back with new discoveries in physics actually! before it was just technology-as-magic.

now all we need to do is establish a mining infrastructure in space because there's no way you're ever getting sufficient minerals out of the earth, master void building on a large scale, work out commercial and logistics ties between void-side and planet-side infrastructures, and actually come up with a good reason for returning to a planet-side infrastructure when we already have at least okay solutions for every major habitability challenge in a void habitat, and find a good engineering solution for an interstellar starship, and a good reason to build one!

BUT I'M SURE THAT WILL ALL BE VERY EASY

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
What question? Can I turn closed captioning on in you tube? I'm in a meeting ATM for work lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I hate my dead gay hitler

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/feb/22/thrilling-discovery-of-seven-earth-sized-planets-discovered-orbiting-trappist-1-star

Oh hey science just discovered seven earth like earth planets that can sustain water only 39 light years away all in one go so we could start planning our escape from this wretched earth sooner rather than later.

Only 39 ly???

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
so that answer was basically just "i saw a draft, idk it looked like a lot of bragging about the inauguration" yeah

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Coolguye posted:

warp technology (ie folding space in front of you and unraveling it behind you to achieve 'ftl' speeds) became theoretically possible 3 years back with new discoveries in physics actually! before it was just technology-as-magic.

now all we need to do is establish a mining infrastructure, master building on a large scale, work out commercial and logistics ties between void-side and planet-side infrastructures, and actually come up with a good reason for returning to a planet-side infrastructure when we already have at least okay solutions for every major habitability challenge in a void habitat, and find a good engineering solution for an interstellar starship, and a good reason to build one!

BUT I'M SURE THAT WILL ALL BE VERY EASY

That warp drive is only possible with irc negative mass

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

triple sulk posted:

i honestly dont give a gently caress about the earthlike planets because this gay earth will be loving dead and ruined for humanity before we even get 2% of the way to getting to one of those places

elon musk is going to take us to the stars and then you will look at this post and feel dumb

dumb i say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Someone's excited

https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/834465104737366016

• Locked thread