Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I always forget about the stretch provision. Good thing I'm not an NBA GM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

leftist heap posted:

Why on earth would the Knicks give something up to move Rose

They'd be giving up something to acquire Rubio

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

They'd be giving up something to acquire Rubio

They'd be giving up a former MVP who was so good they had to make a special rule for him.

I'm mostly looking forward to the Knicks posting a Rubio highlight video consisting of nothing but clips of him clowning on Rose

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Paul Zuvella posted:

Expect the Sacramento Kings to contact you within a month.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 22, 2017

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

edit: wrong thread

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Embiid practiced today. If his knee doesn't swell he's going to play next game I guess. That's good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shear Modulus posted:

They'd be giving up a former MVP who was so good they had to make a special rule for him.

Former and was being the key words. He's salary filler, nothing more.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://theringer.com/understanding-the-nba-trade-deadline-leverage-game-a8b1df9ac435#.2jeyi9yih

quote:

When the Bulls and Celtics talked Butler last summer, there was organizational disharmony between Chicago’s four primary decision-makers (owner Jerry Reinsdorf, president Michael Reinsdorf, general manager Gar Forman, and vice president of basketball operations John Paxson). Not all of them were committed to rebuilding; according to a league front-office executive, Paxson “sees the writing on the wall,” whereas Forman is comfortable with the status quo, while ownership is not amenable to any potential trades.

JETTISON GAR INTO THE loving SUN PLZ

I get trading Jimmy, and trying to do a full on rebuild. I get keeping Jimmy and trying to build around him(If it doesn't work then Jimmy walks or you trade him later which forces the auto select of the full on rebuild).

Gar's choice is literally the only bad choice you can make in this motherfucking situation

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/834445243936276480

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

IcePhoenix posted:

Former and was being the key words. He's salary filler, nothing more.
That's not what Thibs says

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

Have you spoken to him? Because all the reports I've heard are saying what I just did.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Paul Zuvella posted:

Vlade forgot about it.

Literally.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

I hope Boogie wears a red FIRE shirt, AD a blue ICE one. And then both drop 50 in the same game.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Vlade forgot about it.

Literally.

He didn't forget.

He never read the CBA. He didn't know. No one on his staff knew.
Let me reiterate. A GM was hired in the NBA who had literally never read the CBA.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Fast Luck posted:

Thibs isn't going to bury Rose. Thibs and Rose are actually close.

If you hear rumors that he is gonna give Rose a contract above the Evan Turner line. Then you can worry about it.

Paul Zuvella posted:

He didn't forget.

Let me reiterate. A GM was hired in the NBA who had literally never read the CBA.

I have Larry Coon's site bookmarked can I be a GM?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Jack's Flow posted:

I hope Boogie wears a red FIRE shirt, AD a blue ICE one. And then both drop 50 in the same game.

The team already has separate red and blue jerseys, too!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Paul Zuvella posted:

They wouldn't

Your lips, God's ears etc. Let this trade die so I get to watch my boy Rubio in Minnesota.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Also I would probably buy a Boogie red fire jersey

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

IcePhoenix posted:

Have you spoken to him? Because all the reports I've heard are saying what I just did.
https://twitter.com/thedailywolf/status/834204520422981637

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Interesting, they had someone from ESPN on the radio yesterday that was basically saying the exact opposite about Rose.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ben mclemore is less than a year older than buddy hield

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Someone photoshop a perturbed phil jackson in the background

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Panzeh posted:

Someone photoshop a perturbed phil jackson in the background

SAS is not where your weird fantasies come true, friend

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

That is way more of a dig at Rubio than being in love with Rose.

Rose is still probably a useful NBA player, but as a Rotation guy, not the focal point of the offense. Putting aside the Rubio piece, getting Rose and resigning him for MLE-type money to help out the anemic bench would be fine. Rose would be the best bench player for the Wolves, depending on which Shabazz you get that night.

The Rubio piece is another matter. Ricky seems to really piss off Coaches, I get the feeling he is probably a pain in the rear end, and that seems like the wrong fit with Thibs.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Any guesses as to who the exec is?

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/834453144541204484

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao I love how Ainge isn't willing to part with Jae Crowder for a player like Butler or PG. Yeah sure dude, let me trade you our best player for trash.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

pubic works project posted:

Lmao I love how Ainge isn't willing to part with Jae Crowder for a player like Butler or PG. Yeah sure dude, let me trade you our best player for trash.

Jae Crowder might have the best contract in the league, and is the ideal 3 & D guy whose value in the modern NBA is like $15-18m/year. He's smart!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Paul Zuvella posted:

He didn't forget.

Yeah, same with Magic

But its OK, he said he was gonna work with some experts next week to get up to speed
But, he is already making trades

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I love how seemingly reasonable people are willing to assume that it's a fact that Danny Ainge wouldn't ever give up Jae Crowder for Jimmy Butler or Paul George

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Per Woj, Rockets want a player in the 10-12m salary range. It's interesting that he mentions salary as the primary factor. Wonder if they are trying to do a larger trade or if it just has tax implications for the Rockets

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

You know how in Interstellar, Matthew McConaughey uses the power of love to talk to his daughter in the past and relay messages? Maybe Vlade Divac is using the power of being a bad GM to send lovely trade proposals back in time?

I could also see Darryl Morey on a coke binge.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Cool Buff Man posted:

I love how seemingly reasonable people are willing to assume that it's a fact that Danny Ainge wouldn't ever give up Jae Crowder for Jimmy Butler or Paul George

That said I still don't think the Celtics are making a big trade, maybe Drummond

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Would you give up Jaylen Brown and the two Nets' picks for Paul George?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-pacers-assessing-trade-market-for-paul-george-180740295.html

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

In a heartbeat with no loving hesitation.

The chance that either of those picks will be as good as Paul George(or Butler for that matter) is unlikely.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

roundmidnight posted:

Would you give up Jaylen Brown and the two Nets' picks for Paul George?

The two Nets picks are going to become Fultz and probably a top tier player next year if all the high school hype this year can be believed. Fultz, Brown, another top prospect, for Paul George. That's rough, especially considering Fultz could probably become a superstar.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Doltos posted:

The two Nets picks are going to become Fultz and probably a top tier player next year if all the high school hype this year can be believed. Fultz, Brown, another top prospect, for Paul George. That's rough, especially considering Fultz could probably become a superstar.

There is only a 25% chance they get the #1 pick, though.

e: so you would have to weigh the chance of even getting the pick and the pick actually turning out as predicted and doing so quickly enough to help push your team over the top before the rest of the core is too old

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I do Jaylen Brown, 1 Nets pick

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

actually Jaylen Brown is one of the best players in the NBA. I know the stats don't say that but when you watch him he just has that look that he's a winner and knows what it takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

I have no idea who the woman in the picture is.

• Locked thread