Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/02/justice-theo-protests-erupt-police-rape-170206161606495.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lol gross more calls to appeal to rich people

Trust us, this time giving the finger to white working class voters will totally work. This time is different!

*gets ran over by a tank*

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
who the fk even looks at the other ppl sharing the restroom with them...ppl are fkn weird and obviously need therapy they aren't receiving

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

:laffo:

TRUMP

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

does anybody really think the economy is going to be going strong for the next four years?

at this rate turmp wont even have a full cabinet in four years

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk posted:

to be fair i think a lot of people in here been saying that there's no appealing to highly uneducated trump types at this point

therrs rarely a poiny in opposition appeals to the hardened base but weve extrnely specifixally identified trumps base vs his persuadablr voters

in terms of demogtaphics you can at leasy peel a few per cent off almosy everuone but the people who hit at least two of uneducated, white, male.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

triple sulk posted:

lemme dig up the story about a black guy who was "accidentally" raped in the rear end with a police baton based on investigation after the fact

France is awful, and the police determined he may have fallen on the baton or some bullshit like that.

castille
Jan 22, 2015

The Nastier Nate posted:

Usually I can at least understand most of the the rights hate-crusade even if I don't agree with it, but this one seemed especially weird. As long transgenders are following the social contract of public bathroom rules (don't make eye contact, no chit chat, just go quietly into the stall and wash your hands when your done) that everyone follows, how do you even know if someone using the bathroom is transgender? It's not like they'll be standing next to you at the urinal.

At least some of them might have seen 2 dudes making out in a park and gotten grossed out at one point, that kinda makes sense. But the bathroom rules seems better off if we left it with don't ask don't tell.

Laverne Cox put it best, paraphrasing: This isn't about whether or not you know transgenders have been in bathrooms, this is about telling transgenders that they aren't welcome in public.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Fidel Castronaut posted:

does anybody really think the economy is going to be going strong for the next four years?

TBF it doesn't matter if the economy is actually strong or weak, it matters if people think the economy is strong or weak.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dan Coats hearing for confirmation as director of national intelligence is coming up

Most damning thing I can find about him

quote:

10. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), praised the selection of Coats for the national intelligence post. "It'll be great, he's one of my favorite people," McCain said. "I also like see these old geezers given another chance."

Also lol at this guy trying to be DNI with Bannon lumbering around

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Trust us, this time giving the finger to white working class voters will totally work. This time is different!

*gets ran over by a tank*

Lol 😂

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Squizzle posted:

doctors are thr dumbest well edycatedpeople

there was a doctor who willingly drank dysentery water because he thought rich people like him couldnt get dysentery

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

when le pen wins she'll send the army to assist in clearing out the Muslim areas of France

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
george h.w. bush was the last president to lose his re-election campaign. i dunno what the circumstances were but i assume we can do it again to trump

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

GobiasIndustries posted:

TBF it doesn't matter if the economy is actually strong or weak, it matters if people think the economy is strong or weak.

i just can't imagine anybody being able to pretend things are fine when we have another enron and some big tech companies go under and trump leads us into a trade war.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

euphronius posted:

So as soon as GOP voters turn on him slightly he's in the 20s

What about the last two years makes you think GOP voters are genetically capable of not being awful?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

get you a president who looks at jeb like ivanka does

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Squizzle posted:

therrs rarely a poiny in opposition appeals to the hardened base but weve extrnely specifixally identified trumps base vs his persuadablr voters

in terms of demogtaphics you can at leasy peel a few per cent off almosy everuone but the people who hit at least two of uneducated, white, male.

if they've already identified those people (which i'm assuming has been in the last 2-3 months because clinton didn't win) then that's good but it wouldn't happen without a ton of time and research

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i just can't imagine anybody being able to pretend things are fine when we have another enron and some big tech companies go under and trump leads us into a trade war.

that sounds like a lack of imagination, castronauth

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

This.

We have the best economy we've had in almost a decade and the election was decided over economic anxiety in a state with like 5% unemployment.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Venuz Patrol posted:

george h.w. bush was the last president to lose his re-election campaign. i dunno what the circumstances were but i assume we can do it again to trump

we beat hin by nomjnaying a hypnotic gently caress machine to run against him

and bad news, guess what trump is

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Venuz Patrol posted:

He raised taxes in a recession.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

putting jeb in there really makes it clear how much ivanka wants trudeau because it looks preposterous for anybody to look at jeb that way

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump is raising taxes on workers who have employee-provided insurance isn't he?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Please remember that United Technologies = Carrier

lol.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mariana Horchata posted:

who the fk even looks at the other ppl sharing the restroom with them...ppl are fkn weird and obviously need therapy they aren't receiving

Wait you don't stare at other dudes wieners when you're using the urinal?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

radical meme posted:

You are of course correct here but, the sad sad truth is that if (1) he does nothing on those two issues and (2) there is no backlash from his supporters, then I, and all of us, have to face the fact that the election really was about racial insecurity and the desire to Make "White" America Great Again.

I really, honestly thought my country was better than that.

all the trump people I usually see in my feeds have just gone quiet but I have no doubt that the next thing he does that isn't explicitly insanely racist will get all of them hooting all over again. and hell there's still plenty of loving people hooting over the racist stuff too

sorry, our countrymen are either crazy or racist or crazy racists you can't fix em

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/834490370465558528

"I apologize for killing that girl but in my defense fire's bad"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

magiccarpet posted:

lol.

lmao

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

I miss the carefree days of primary season Jeb! posting.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I used to think ivanka was really beautiful but now all I see is her nazi dad in her face

It's kind of like lady Jessica being barkon harkonnens daughter

Book Spoilers

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Gringostar posted:

it will continue to be great for the people that didn't vote for him

:lol: @ the people who did

This is the best part. My life is pretty loving rad and as a well off coastal elite it will probably continue to be such until the actual trumpening, and I could afford to buy the Sig 516 needed to protect those close to me when the Trumpening actually occurs.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

magiccarpet posted:

lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX1SojKfgNI

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk posted:

if they've already identified those people (which i'm assuming has been in the last 2-3 months because clinton didn't win) then that's good but it wouldn't happen without a ton of time and research

im researchibg my dilz

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

when there's something bed
sitting on your head

freaky ghost bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Fidel Castronaut posted:

putting jeb in there really makes it clear how much ivanka wants trudeau because it looks preposterous for anybody to look at jeb that way

speak for yourself

• Locked thread